So I got a job at walmart

Posted by Roger Smith

ICT - Inventory Control Team. The faggots who have to haul stuff off the trucks and bring it into the store. Starting at $8.40 an hour.

Posted by S

May *** have mercy on your immortal soul.

Posted by Roger Smith

Better then putting up with retarded game related questions at gamestop :cookie:

PLUS I GET EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT.

Posted by S

Except, you know, Wal-MART treats its employees like utter crap.

Posted by junior senior

didn't The Judge get fired from walmart?

Posted by Roger Smith

[QUOTE=S

Posted by S

Especially more so than other companies.

Posted by WillisGreeny

After Roger got hired, Wal-Mart's stock plummeted.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=JuNiOr SeNiOr;846706]didn't The Judge get fired from walmart?

Don't think so, but I remember Ant mentioning something about working there for a bit.

Posted by Slade

The idea of working at walmart scares me. I'd much rather be doing lifting in the garage than working inside the store, though.

But yeah, you should read up on the "injustices" of walmart towards its employees, past and present. THEN AGAIN, the typical walmart employee wouldn't be the type to care! RISE ABOVE, ROGER SMITH

ps: it's pretty intense getting your eye appointments done by someone who looks like they just got off cocaine and put on a lab coat.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Stalolin: Don't think so, but I remember Ant mentioning something about working there for a bit.

we both worked there. though the difference between us is he got fired, I quit. :cool:

Posted by Arcadios

GO INTO FURTHER DETAIL.

Posted by Dexter

Not a bad job as long as you don't become content with it and are making an effort towards something better. I say good job.

I've never worked there, btw.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

He'll be working there for the rest of his life.

Anthony needs to find me some shoes.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

WHY DID JUDGE GET FIRED

Posted by Shade

I remember calling the Wal-Mart that Judge worked at and making some asian lady look for dragonhide boots for half an hour. Good times. :cool:

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Angelwing: He'll be working there for the rest of his life.

Anthony needs to find me some shoes.

lol what size?

Posted by Dexter

It's a good job for finishing up High School and going through the transition to college or whatever else he has planned. He better have his long-term goals set and in motion before he lifts his first box though. Work can become addicting, an escape, and you want to make sure you get addicted to the right work.

So what are your long-term goals and what are you doing to reach them?

Posted by junior senior

Quoting The X: WHY DID JUDGE GET FIRED

i remember reading that he said something, and he could reapply in like 12 days after he got fired

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Dexter: It's a good job for finishing up High School and going through the transition to college or whatever else he has planned. He better have his long-term goals set and in motion before he lifts his first box though. Work can become addicting, an escape, and you want to make sure you get addicted to the right work.

So what are your long-term goals and what are you doing to reach them?

Gonna finish paying up for this college, finish said college, then find a good PC store to crash at.

I have an insane dream of opening up my own computer joint one day:cool:

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Quoting Roger Smith: The same can't be said of many other employers?

"other people do it, too" is not a valid excuse in most scenarios

Posted by Roger Smith

wtf. It's a job ppl, no one else is hiring and walmart is usually hiring. Sometimes you just have to take it up the *** to forge ahead in this life.

Posted by The Judge

I got fired because I would do nothing but f[COLOR="black"]u[/COLOR]ck around, making people wait at the register while I went and goofed off, or hiding behind wall towels and leaping out and scaring people, including my manager.

Posted by Ant

and poke children without mercy.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Roger Smith;846769]Sometimes you just have to take it up the *** to forge ahead in this life.Are you required to play with their balls, too? Do you get a reach-around?

*edit* QUESTION MARK?

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Skitzo Control: Are you required to play with their balls, too? Do you get a reach-around.

If I get overtime, then yes.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

man, hauling stuff is the best part of any job.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I'd rather haul and stock **** than have to talk to people.

but yeah congrats Roger woooooo!

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting cats: I'd rather haul and stock **** than have to talk to people.

Pretty much.

Quoted post: I'd rather haul and stock **** than have to talk to people.

yeah, dude. Taking out trash is even way better than helping costumers.

Posted by mis0

If you can get a few introductory business classes under your belt, you could probably get accepted into their management internship, which would pay you double what you make now and would actually look decent on your resume.

more classes just to make 16 bucks an hour? What is he, a chump?

Posted by Dexter

He'd probably have to take an entire term of classes to get there and unless he was planning on staying there awhile it's better for him to move in a different direction. Then again, he does want his own computer joint so those classes would definitely come in handy for that. Seems like a win-win situation to me.

school is for chumps. end of

Posted by Roger Smith

:(

Posted by mis0

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: more classes just to make 16 bucks an hour? What is he, a chump?

No, it's the smart thing to do if you're trying to get into business. Internships are valued because you get hands-on experience with store management, and you're working toward a degree at the same time. Which is pretty much necessary if you want to open your own business these days unless you have serious personal wealth. Investors and especially creditors won't give their money to any random *******.

I know you think you're clever for not going to college, Vamp, but it's pretty obnoxious of you to act like education is a bad thing. You don't even have the authority to make that judgement.

I figured I was making myself pretty clear that I was just kidding around when I used the word "chump." Education a good thing? Well, no kidding.

aaaaand yeah, I didn't go to college, oops. I went to university for two years before I realised it wasn't right for me :cookie:

Posted by mis0

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I figured I was making myself pretty clear that I was just kidding around when I used the word "chump." Education a good thing? Well, no kidding.

aaaaand yeah, I didn't go to college, oops. I went to university for two years before I realised it wasn't right for me :cookie:

I don't know you well enough to know how you speak, so no I didn't pick up on it.

Also, wtf is your avatar?

a grim pokemon

Posted by Shade

Quoting mis0: I don't know you well enough to know how you speak, so no I didn't pick up on it.

I dunno, there's evidence from quite a few threads to indicate that you don't get sarcasm.

Posted by mis0

Excuse me for not being able to decipher sarcasm from people I don't know very well from. text.

yeah, that's no faults of miso's really.

Posted by Roger Smith

So today was my orientation day. I think my job will be ok.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Roger Smith: Gonna finish paying up for this college, finish said college, then find a good PC store to crash at.

I have an insane dream of opening up my own computer joint one day:cool:

Oh yeah? WHAT IF I BEAT YOU TO IT? HUH?

Quoting Roger Smith: wtf. It's a job ppl, no one else is hiring and walmart is usually hiring. Sometimes you just have to take it up the *** to forge ahead in this life.

That's the spirit.

BTW, I was just in Walmart.... they charge too much for video cards. Not your fault or anything... but it's fail! Plus the guy behind the counter didn't even know what a video card was when my dad asked him if there were any others. IMO Walmart should not be allowed to stock computer parts if they aren't going to know a thing about them.

Posted by nintendope

i think almost everyone will work at wal-mart at some point in their life.

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=Proto Man;848677]
BTW, I was just in Walmart.... they charge too much for video cards. Not your fault or anything...

****it Roger, stop charging so much for videocards. :horse:

Posted by ExoXile

Congrats, Roger Smith.
Congrats. :cool:

so how goes lifting ****?

Posted by Kutlass

Quoting Roger Smith: wtf. It's a job ppl, no one else is hiring and walmart is usually hiring. Sometimes you just have to take it up the *** to forge ahead in this life.

only if you're the ***** who takes it up the ***

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: so how goes lifting ****?

Not too bad. It doesn't like it's paying off ATM though, cuz we have more then just our jobs. But hopefully when that check rolls around I'll feel better about it. In 6 months I'll get transfered somewhere else in the store.

Posted by ExoXile

You need to do way instain mother.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=nintendope;848837]i think almost everyone will work at wal-mart at some point in their life.

I have yet to work there-
I chose K-Marxist..
Which, I am also yet to work at.

Apparently department chains don't require a person with a background and years of experience in heavy equipment operation. I mean, I can move worlds-

and Roger's big fat head.

Posted by Roger Smith

I knew tyler was queer for me.

Quoted post: I'll get transfered somewhere else in the store.

so no more lifting ****? fuuuuuuuuuuuck

Posted by Roger Smith

I originally wanted Electronics floor salesman and I got stuck with moving ****.

Insert bawww's here.

Posted by mis0

Everyone wants to work electronics because it's ****ing easy, which is why you never get to. Retail = hell.

Posted by Roger Smith

I'll make it work.

Quoted post: I originally wanted Electronics floor salesman and I got stuck with moving ****.

people actually specifically work there? Every time I've shown up at any of those stores it's some old ***** that has no idea what's going on. HUH

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: people actually specifically work there? Every time I've shown up at any of those stores it's some old ***** that has no idea what's going on. HUH

Yeah, they're down here as well. But there's like 3 or 4 ppl who specifically work as sales ppl. I used to go to school with 2 of them, so I'm hoping around the 5th or 6th month they can put me somewhere in electronics.

just sign up at an eb. you'll never want to work electronics again

Posted by Roger Smith

Selling vidya games to a bunch of sexually challenged basement dwelling teenagers? **** yeah I'm there.

Posted by Ant

I would of hated working Electronics section at the Walmart. It's the busiest, therefore most work. And I hated work. More work = bad.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Ant: I would of hated working Electronics section at the Walmart. It's the busiest, therefore most work. And I hated work. More work = bad.

That's cuz your fat antsu pantsu. :amy:

Posted by Ant

shouldn't that mean you would want to work it less than me then?

Posted by Roger Smith

Not at all.

Posted by Ant

you always have to get the last word.

Posted by Roger Smith

BTW, have you considered my new title for you?

Posted by Xero

Quoting Roger Smith: Starting at $8.40 an hour.

Dahahahaha! I started at 9$ an hour :p:

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Xero: Dahahahaha! I started at 9$ an hour :p:

Because your gay, they didn't want to be hit with a lawsuit so they paid you more an hour then us heterosexuals.

Fag.

Posted by Eternal Death

HRR HRRR HRRR

Posted by Xero

Quoting Roger Smith: Because your gay.

*you're

Quoting Roger Smith: they didn't want to be hit with a lawsuit so they paid you more an hour then us heterosexuals.

Fag.

So being gay means more $$$? Awesome :cool:

Posted by Tyler Durden

Here's the real difference:

Xero = White Collar gay.
Roger = Blue Collar gay.

Ya' see Roger, you just move the cock. Xero processed the cock.

Posted by ExoXile

I get $13 after tax right now, and that's an apprentice's wage.

I used to get a hell of a lot more when I was working NON-LEGALLY.
Liek, 25~30$. :cool:

Posted by Roger Smith

Well, I got my 121 dollar check, and I spent 38 dollars on the 360 version of Bioshock.

Good deal right?

Posted by Dexter

Awarding yourself is a good idea for the first couple checks. I say good show as long as you have CoD4 and Vegas 2.

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=Roger Smith;850995]Well, I got my 121 dollar check, and I spent 38 dollars on the 360 version of Bioshock.

Good deal right?

I got the computer version for 30.

Posted by Dexter

You got cheated. Computer version sucks hardcore.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting WillisGreeny: I got the computer version for 30.

Quoting Dexter: You got cheated. Computer version sucks hardcore.

Srsly, the PC version installs unwanted faggotry on your computer. Also, you can just download it :\

It's all about the achievements anyway bro.

Quoted post: Dahahahaha! I started at 9$ an hour

minimum wage has a lot to do with how much it costs to live in any given area. Like, out west starting wages at tim hortons is over 14 bucks an hour! So, really, whether you get $14, $9 or $8 it's more or less the same in the end.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: minimum wage has a lot to do with how much it costs to live in any given area. Like, out west starting wages at tim hortons is over 14 bucks an hour! So, really, whether you get $14, $9 or $8 it's more or less the same in the end.

Da troof. Out here average starting wage is usually in the $6.50-$7.00/hr range because the cost of living is pretty low. 1 bedroom apartments can sometimes be rented for around $500/mo, I've seen studios in the downtown area for just above $400/mo.

I got a job today in retail (again). At least I'm working electronics this time!

Posted by Red

Quoting Roger Smith: ICT - Inventory Control Team. The faggots who have to haul stuff off the trucks and bring it into the store. Starting at $8.40 an hour.

$8.40?

minimum wage where I live is like $8.75 I think.
nvm I see this was already covered. anyway sounds like fun :P

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting mis0: Da troof. Out here average starting wage is usually in the $6.50-$7.00/hr range because the cost of living is pretty low. 1 bedroom apartments can sometimes be rented for around $500/mo, I've seen studios in the downtown area for just above $400/mo.

I got a job today in retail (again). At least I'm working electronics this time!

Congrats.

I start my job for the school again, although my wage is a bit lower. = \ When I first started, it was pretty good, but then the state raised minimum wage, so now what I make isn't much above it because the school didn't give a big raise at all.