Banjo-Kazooie

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/18831

moar like diddy kong racing 3 amirite guys

And is it really okay for them to show Banjo blowing up Mario like that? NINTENDO LAWSUIT

Posted by Zeta

oh *** what?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I gotta admit, I kinda like the whole vehicle design concept. 1,600 parts!

Posted by Slade

So... do you build buildings, too? And do you have to use vehicles to construct them?

Posted by maian

... =/

Maybe I'd think the idea was interesting, if they weren't using Banjo Kazooie as an excuse to do it.

I REALLY, REALLY wanted a new BK platformer, not a vehicle building puzzle workshop. :(

Posted by David M. Awesome

*** **** it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

You guys do realize it's still a platformer too, right?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It's like Mario Galaxy meets Halo 3. HAHA OH WOW

Posted by WillisGreeny

Will it bring balance to the force?

No, because that's Star Wars, fatty.

Posted by WillisGreeny

*closes the blinds*

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Focussing on vehicular travel might be a mistake, but it seems like there's a good dose of on-foot platforming, too. Hmm...

Posted by Zeta

According to an interview, platforming makes up only 30% of the game. Vehicles cover the rest.

http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=861

Posted by Iris

Looks pretty cool, except for the fact that it's on Xbox.

Posted by maian

And for the fact that Banjo Kazooie is indeed a platformer, and 70% of this game is not. :cookie:

Sure, it'll have platforming, but it'll be about as much that Banjo knew at Spiral Mountain. weak. And the stuff that made Banjo Kazooie iconic, such as Mumbo, have been ditched. Mumbo's shack is now a vehicle shop store. Gross.

Posted by Dexter

Yeah, seems terrible to me. Do not want.

Quoted post: Looks pretty cool, except for the fact that it's on Xbox.

I'd say that there games would still work better with the Nintendo audience. Viva Pi

Quoted post: And for the fact that Banjo Kazooie is indeed a platformer, and 70% of this game is not.

dude, jeez. Don't you understand? Platforming hasn't evolved in the past twenty years. So how better to make it evolve than basically completely ignore the entire genre? Smarten up.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=maian;846869]And for the fact that Banjo Kazooie is indeed a platformer, and 70% of this game is not. :cookie:
When the vehicular stuff is this awesome, who gives a ****? Platforming is a dead genre. Galaxy is the only game in almost a decade to make it fun.

Posted by Corrupt

I'd be very much looking forward to this if I was in possession of an Xbox of some sort! :(

Posted by Kit

Kind of reminds me of an improved Lego Racers game. I'll probably give it a go.

Posted by maian

I think the Banjo Kazooie games were two of the best platformers ever made, and so did many, many other people. It'd be different if this were Crash, or Spyro or something, but they're doing this to one of the best series to grace the genre, and the two games they did release were massive hits.

idk, I just really love Banjo Kazooie, and I'm sad they changed it so much. :(

Quoted post: I think the Banjo Kazooie games were two of the best platformers ever made, and so did many, many other people.

They actually kinda sucked. They were everything that was wrong with the genre at the time and basically why the genre died in the first place. Mario 64 knew how to handle the genre, Banjo just threw collectibles in your face at a constant rate. No thanks.

I mean, it was fun when I was a kid, but so was every game. Looking back... jeez.

Quoted post: It'd be different if this were Crash, or Spyro or something, but they're doing this to one of the best series to grace the genre, and the two games they did release were massive hits.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Crash and Spyro were huge series. What? They're **** now because they tried to replicate their success by adding little additions that ended up being ****, which likely would've been the same fate for Banjo had they not effectively killed the series. Now that they're essentially scrapping the platforming aspect... maybe that's a good thing. Maybe it'll save them from Spyro's fate.

Posted by Zeta

Spyro and Crash suck now because Insomniac and Naughty Dog aren't making them. Vivendi and those other companies don't know how to do a ******* thing.

Wouldn't matter if Insomniac or some other company made them. The Rachet and Clank series, Jak and Daxter and the like are both running a little thin on ideas.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Like the rest of America's companys.

I loved the first two Banjo games, too. If Rare didn't take a fourth of eternity to make their games, I'd hope for a true platforming entry in the series before the 360's lifespan is up. As it is, I'll check out this Banjo-Kazeitgeist, I guess. I've been known to like a vehicle game or two in my time. This can't turn out that bad.

Quoted post: Like the rest of America's companys.

It's funny because a big Japanese developer said Western developers have far surpassed Japanese developers. North America is doing really well in the gaming department, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Hideo Kojima said it, too. Yesterday.

Yeah, that's it. I couldn't remember who said it since I only glanced at the article on kotaku

Posted by Fate

I think he forgot to say, "...except for me."

Anyways, I had a complete blast with the first of the series, but I missed the second. I had run into those egg things in the game and never found out what they were for until pretty recently. The news of a new game made me remember the whole ice key mystery and what the deal with the eggs were, so I looked it up and was super disappointed about the intentions of using them in a sequel never falling through. Banjo-Kazooie is definitely in my top five games on the N64.

...However, platforming really hasn't been too much fun these days. Maybe it's time for a change. I hope it's not too drastic. I personally haven't seen a speed-through-the-level-on-a-car game that can platform. Is that possible?

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;847081]It's funny because a big Japanese developer said Western developers have far surpassed Japanese developers. North America is doing really well in the gaming department, so I don't know what you're talking about.

The Japanese are just polite. :horse:

I was drawing more of a reference to companies outside of video games and the entertainment industry. Inovations in software for entertainment purposes have always been America's strong suit... or atleast its focus.

Well, when the Japanese cut class and work to buy new Dragon Warrior games (not that I, personally, don't think they're the best RPG franchise...because I do), there's not much incentive for change, I guess. Maybe it's a symptom of our Melting Pot thingy of cultural influence that we have hundreds of companies striking out in hundreds of directions. I admire the focus and stability that the Japanese approach their genres with, myself. Anime is usually clearly anime, RPGs are usually defined very rigidly, etc. Certainly some American companies get it right once in awhile, too, but ever since I first got into anime and manga with Project A-ko and Karavan Kidd, respectively, I've been drawn more and more to the Japanese way of doing things.

Posted by Zeta

Oh *** what happened to the native american giantess?

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/Kvar/1211328405019.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by WillisGreeny

That outfit looks wrong. Native American / Cowboy / Trailer trash.

Quoted post: Oh *** what happened to the native american giantess?

not kid friendly

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

She was a giantess?

drr. she was native american. all indians have the power to grow. You read comics, you should know this.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

APACHE CHIEF!

Posted by Iris

Mumba Wumba?! What happened?! You used to have massive mammaries and never stood up! What the hell is this?!

what, is she super hot now or something?

Posted by O.T.L

looks good , the part at the end where the car thing just releases half of its parts to transform into a flying plane , just cause of that , i'm sooo getting it!
I'm gonna be tranforming constantly ! motorcycle transform into a transformer! jk , the game looks beautiful ....