Star Wars Battlefront: LOTR Edition

Posted by maian

Or, Lord of the Rings: Conquest.

[url=http://ps3.ign.com/articles/872/872401p1.html]YES. YES. YES.[/url]

Battlefront 2 was one of my favorite multiplayer games ever made. I constantly found myself thinking, "What if it was exactly like this, but for Lord of the Rings? That would be so epic." Naturally, I never assumed it would happen, and if it did, it would be by another company, who wouldn't pull it off as well.

...Not the case. These are the makers of the Battlefront series, and it's essentially the same thing, with LOTR pasted over. All my favorite things about Battlefront are being reincarnated into Lord of the Rings form, and then some. I'm SO excited. Oh gawd.

Posted by Alastor

Nice. Added to the list of stuff to pick up when I finally buy a 360.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Battlefront 2 was the only game other than Halo 2 that I enjoyed on the original XBox Live. Consider me soooooold.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

should be pretty good! Can't see how they can screw this up, really. Well, I can, but there's no reason they should.

Posted by maian

Meh, I can see screwups, but nothing enough to not make it awesome. Battlefront 2, in my opinion, actually lacked a lot of the good stuff BF1 had, but it was still fscking fun to play.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Wonder if they'll do a Hero system like in BF2. Get X points and unlock Witch-King.

EDIT: Didnt read the whole thing. Hopefully theyll be the same as BF2 and options will let you unlock heros with 1 point and make em avalabile the rest of the game. Campaign sounds really fun.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I hated battlefront, but I was spoiled with the greatness that was Battlefield 1942

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Comes out Tuesday, demo was ****ing great. Being a Balrog in the Shire and smashing Hobbits into the ground was one of the best things I've ever seen.

Posted by #061402

Sweeet. Just too bad it'll be another six months or so before I can pick it up.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

this game is terrible

Posted by Dr. Rockso

In no way is this game terrible

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

you have horrible taste in games

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

any game post-2000 where you die from stepping into water is ****ing retarded

Posted by Poco

Quoting The X: any game post-2000 where you die from stepping into water is ****ing retarded

haha are you kidding

Posted by #061402

Quoting The X: any game post-2000 where you die from stepping into water is ****ing retarded

Meh, yeah, that pretty much puts a nasty dent in that game. But it doesn't necessarily make it a bad one. I mean, you're pretty ****ing retarded yourself if you keep jumping into the water when you know what happens. :cookie:

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Poco;917909]haha are you kiddingyou die from stepping in water. it's easier to kill sauron in the first mission by playing as an archer rather than isildur, who's supposed to be a powerful hero unit. there are ninjas in middle earth.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

You don't step in the water and die, you jump in and die, theres no point in even being able to swim so stop jumping in.
And yes it is easy to kill Sauron, since its the first mission where hes supposed to die and hes a bot. The heroes online are moderately hard to kill. There are ninjas, but they're fun to be and easy to kill.
If you dislike the game fine, just try and fine more important things that are wrong with it and stop complaining about retarded things.

Posted by maian

The heroes are also stupidly easy to kill in Battlefront 2. Me and my friend can always disable each other as heroes within 30 seconds by respawning to their area and planting mines. It's quirks like this that made Battlefront extremely addicting to me, because our playstyle constantly adapts. Some people call them flaws in the game, but I find it fun to take advantage of such things and ultimately, it becomes more fun.

...But, I could just be saying this because me and a single friend of mine are Battlefront faggots and I'm pretty much only buying this game for two-player splitscreen.

Posted by #061402

Quoting The X: there are ninjas in middle earth.

Quoting Dr. Rockso: There are ninjas, but they're fun to be and easy to kill.

Wait, what?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

my point wasnt that the heroes are easy to kill. it's that they're easier to kill as a standard archer plinking arrows from across the map than to play as isildur, another hero unit

Posted by #061402

Any kill is an easy kill for an archer/sniper.

Quoted post: any game post-2000 where you die from stepping into water is ****ing retarded

My name is the X. I sure do like Assassins Creed.

lol

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

HOOOOOOOOOOOLY ****!!

yeah, I owned you, dude. Missed owning you.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

do you die if you fall in the water in assassin's creed

is there any water in assassin's creed

the mission where you need to assassinate the dude on the boat. you have to leap from one log to the next in the bay. fall into the water and you die

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

****. i've been owned. verily.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

that game was so unmemorable that i'm straining hard as hell to remember the sequence you refer to

yeah, why I came back. had to keep your bull**** in check

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

did you play Conquest yet

lol nope. heard it was just multiplayer and thought "**** multiplayer, probably a ****ty add-on"

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

uhhh the single player and multiplayer have identical gameplay

but multiplayer is with people. big difference

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

heh, a good point. you have outsmarted me good sire.

but yeah, playing with people can instantly make something ****ty. Like Perfect Dark Zero. With bots it owned, with people it sucked.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

[quote=#061402;918043]Wait, what?

They're called Scouts. They can become invisible for a short amount of time and assassinate people. They were in Battlefront 2 but were just called Bothan Spies.... and had acid cloud guns.

The multiplayer is pretty fun online since I really don't care if I win or lose, as long as I can throw an axe into someones face. The heroes are most of the time hard as hell to kill unless an idiot gets control of it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

no one cares what you think mr rockso

Well, heroes should be hard to kill really.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

[quote=The X;918196]no one cares what you think mr rockso

Doesn't stop everyone else from posting on this forum.

Played the single-player today, pretty ******* fun.