About Poco

Posted by Linko_16

Recently he's shown signs of becoming a full-on troll, having made personal attacks on members outside of Wacko U.

http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?p=844377#post844377
http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?p=844374#post844374

Admittedly, the first one is in a thread started for the sole purpose of trolling and in which many other members are being insulting also merely because it's an un-serious thread.

There are also other instances (I probably don't have to point them out) of him being flippant with other members and showing signs of hating VGC and most of its members.

I'm not saying, "Here's a problem, let's deal with it," I'm saying that this may become a problem, and because the recent hiccup between Sol and Poco has made flaming such a debatable issue, we should discuss this as mods and come up with an answer we all agree on.

No, Poco's certainly not the only one who flames. Others get away for it because they do it a bit more eloquently. Let's face it, much about flaming has just become acceptable on VGC. However, I find it notable that most if not all other members who've ever flamed at least present their disagreements with the other person's statements, generating a successful (albeit hostile) exchange of ideas, rather than just throwing out attacks without even attempting to discuss the disagreement at hand. I see no reason to put up with a member like that, and if Poco gets out of hand, I think it's fair to hold him responsible for his actions and maybe give him a temp ban, which could become a perma ban should he continue to act offensively.

Thoughts?

Posted by Stalolin

I was wondering when someone would bring him up again.

Poco's really only here to troll anyways. I don't see that changing anytime soon and because of that I can really only recommend an indefinite ban.

Posted by Ant

yeah, ban him anyways.

Posted by S

He liked my edits more than his own posts, apparently... joy. Anywho, I think it's worth keeping an eye on. He's lashing out at Speedfreak most of all, so let's just wait it out in my opinion. If he continues, we can ban him.

Posted by Linko_16

I'm not blaming you for what happened before, Sol, don't worry. I just think, and I hope you'd agree, that any actions taken regarding flaming should be something we can all stand behind.

Posted by Alastor

I forget Poco even still comes here until he gets brought up here, usually. That said, I don't care what's done. Temp ban, indefinite ban, permanent ban, whatever works.

Posted by Fate

Actually, I don't mind Poco! :cookie:

Posted by Speedfreak

Take away my favourite troll and you will suffer the consequences.

Posted by Alastor

"Favorite"? He's like the only consistent troll we've got.

Posted by Jesse Smith

But, but, but...JuNiOr SeNiOr likes hiz trolling!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Speedfreak

Since I'm the reason he's still here I get to do whatever I want with him, right?

Posted by Linko_16

The reason I started the thread was because I suspected at the time that he may go on a spamming rage outside of Wacko U due to some posts he was already making, and seeing as what to do with Poco was a touchy subject at the time, I thought a unity of mod opinion before hand would be a good idea. But he never went on that spamming rage, so he's not really a problem.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Linko_16: he's not really a problem.

grrr!!!!!!! He's more of a problem than WackoHater!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

He always becomes a problem sooner or later though. For all the times he's been unbanned he's, yet again, banned for trolling. It should never be reversed.

Posted by Hyper

poco gives us something to do.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Did some one say they want drama???!!! I can make WackoHater a Super Mod for a day!!! :D:D:D:D:D