Cubed Concept Initiates Brawl: May 3rd at 2pm EST

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

[CENTER][URL="http://cubedconcept.com/index.html"][IMG]http://cubedconcept.com/images/bannerleft.png[/IMG][/URL]
[SIZE=1] presents:
A postponed tournament
Tournament date: May 2nd, 2008

A 32 man tournament unless it breaks far beyond 64 people. Check [URL="http://www.cubedconcept.com/"]www.cubedconcept.com[/URL] for details. I'll leave the basic rules here, but you must check the site for the full list of details.[/SIZE] [/CENTER]
[SIZE=1]
[/SIZE] [LEFT][SIZE=1]By joining any Cubed Concept tournaments, you agree to follow all of these rules, as well as any rules stated before any tournament begins even they are not listed here. [/SIZE][/LEFT]
[LEFT][SIZE=1]1 vs. 1 Ruleset
Format: Double Elimination
Abbreviated Match Rules;[/SIZE] [/LEFT]
[LEFT][LIST=1]
[*][SIZE=1] Best out 2 out of 3; Semifinals best 3 out of 5; Finals best 4 out of 7[/SIZE]
[*][SIZE=1] 3 stocks, 7 minutes[/SIZE]
[*][SIZE=1] Items off, appearance on none[/SIZE]
[*][SIZE=1] First stage pick on random[/SIZE]
[*][SIZE=1] Each player gets to ban any one stage for the whole match from either random or counterpick[/SIZE]
[*][SIZE=1] Dave

Posted by Arcadios

I didn't get the whole counterpick thing until the end of the post.
Also count me in.
Are any characters banned?

Posted by Ant

Ant want join. How Join?!

lol wait nevermind. I have work tomorrow :D

Posted by Arcadios

Oh wait...This isn't throughout a week or two?

Posted by Alastor

No. Read the post, you goose. All this **** goes down on one day.

Edit: Wait lol, he didn't even say it over here. He said it in the VGC tourney thread. It's on a Saturday. Next Saturday, specifically, I think.

Posted by S

It's tomorrow at 11 AM PST.

Edit:

S

Posted by Arcadios

Oh well **** it then.
I have work.

Posted by Alastor

Awfully short notice. I thought it was next week.

Posted by S

Thread title says it all.

Posted by Alastor

...Hah, I didn't even notice.

Posted by Arcadios

I just saw it.
and yea, way to quick. I could've asked for a day off if I was informed a week before.

Posted by Iris

I'm game, I guess!

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

****, i forgot i had work tomorrow so i cant join...

oh well, just sign me up for the next one

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

I meant to put this yesterday online, but I kept trying to rush and updating, ended up taking much longer than expected.

Again, only if I can get at least 24 people to join and reply. If not, I'll definitely be doing this again on Saturday or Sunday in May.

Posted by Arcadios

All the way in May? :x

Posted by Ant

that's a week away...

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

I don't think I'll get the right responses, postponed till the 3rd :P and why am I going to ban characters, no one seems horribly unbalanced yet, you know... to a horrible extent

Posted by Ant

How long do you think this whole shin-dig is going to take? If everyone is on the same day it shouldn't take too long...but I have work at 3pm that day. So I'd only have a 4 hours to play that day.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

still waiting to see if I'll get at least 16 people for this, stuck at 7, with iris and solrok

If by 1:30pm there is no change in entries, the following week on either saturday or sunday for sure with more people. Anty, don't know how long they could take, never did this before o_o. I measured out times from a real tournament and how they take a while because of lack of equipment. I hope it doesn't take long though.

Posted by junior senior

ill do it

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

stuck at 9

Postponed until May 3rd, either 2 or 3pm EST time. Alastor, can you change the title for now =D

Posted by Iris

Thank ***. I just remembered I'm going to a game today.

Posted by Alastor

Someone beat me to it, Bulby. HI IRIS!

Posted by S

Yar. Iris did it.

Posted by junior senior

and i forgot about it! thankfully it's postponed

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

you posted here today :mad: how can you forget so quickly!

Posted by Mystic Hero

Oh nice job moving the tourney to next week Rob. This weekend is really bad for me like I told you before. I should be good for next weekend though, I'll let you know if somehow I'm not though. :)

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

I didn't move it for you :P

I was going to throw one the week after, regardless of who can play or not. Those who can... will :cool:, just not enough replies, I'll see what other forums I can attack with this **** (H)

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

sorry for a double post :-x

updating first page with the people confirmed so far

I need to re-confirm people from vgc to add them to the list as well! Saturday guys :-*

Posted by maian

I'd love to do it, but I honestly can't promise being completely reliable. =/

Posted by S

I'm in.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

If anyone knows other people who might be interested, mention it to them plz :-*, 12/32, but it can be done with at least 16

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

K GUYS

Iris, if you want to join, tell me already :(, I'll throw myself in the waiting list and hope that I can participate :), I'd like you to join if you're able to :D!

The list has reached 32 people and still counting. Counting is going to the waiting list. If the waiting list becomes exaggerated, I'll be breaking it down to a 64 man bracket even if I don't get 64 replies. In two weeks, I like you guys, vote on a day and a time, the day and time that best suits the majority, I'll do it. Includes you oswaldo.

I'm getting help from one other person, so it shouldn't be too hard! I hope. Anyone that still wants to join, you can, and I'll see how I can sneak your names to the not waiting list. Anyone that said they can and now can't, say it now so that I can start moving people into the list.

k guys thanks :-*

Posted by Iris

I thought I already told you I did. I said I couldn't make it last Saturday, not that I wouldn't do it on the rescheduled date. :P I'm very much interested!

Posted by O.T.L

did you change the time ? i dont remember , remember i get home around 3 ish , so you think i could participate ? I'm gonna check the weather if its too windy or if its gonna rain , more than likely i dont have to go to work .... its my moms business thing at a flea market outdoors

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

It starts at 1 your time oswaldo ;_;

Iris, I'll put myself in the waiting list. I'll see if that one person updates, if he doesn't, I'll place him in the waiting list and put myself there!

Posted by Iris

Thank you, but I'd prefer to relinquish my spot for you if he does.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

It's alright, we're both in :D, I'll try not to have us face each other since we do a lot already

:cool:

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Iris, Solrok, Maian, Mystic Hero... You're all in unless you're positive you can't play. Starts at 2pm est, 11am pst.

A chatroom will be created at 12pm, you can play and talk to other players if you want for warm ups. 32 people replied, and about 12 more on a waiting list in case other players don't show up.

You 4 are the only ones from VGC
Me and about another maybe 6 players are from smashboards
About 24-28 are from smashboards with a join date of 2007 and up
About 6 or 8 are from gamefaqs.

I suggest, get some practice rounds with different people than yourselves to get a good feel at what other people play like, not just the way we play like.

I <3 you guys and I'll be on aim later, creating brackets. If anyone wants to play, just tell me, I'll probably leave the tournament place early, I feel like crap. Peace dawgs

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.3: Iris, Solrok, Maian, Mystic Hero... You're all in unless you're positive you can't play. Starts at 2pm est, 11am pst.

A chatroom will be created at 12pm, you can play and talk to other players if you want for warm ups. 32 people replied, and about 12 more on a waiting list in case other players don't show up.

You 4 are the only ones from VGC
Me and about another maybe 6 players are from smashboards
About 24-28 are from smashboards with a join date of 2007 and up
About 6 or 8 are from gamefaqs.

I suggest, get some practice rounds with different people than yourselves to get a good feel at what other people play like, not just the way we play like.

I <3 you guys and I'll be on aim later, creating brackets. If anyone wants to play, just tell me, I'll probably leave the tournament place early, I feel like crap. Peace dawgs

We love you too Rob, we love you too.

Hey tomorrow is the 3rd right? Just checking for clarification becuase I don't have a calendar on me and Sunday I have community service from 1 to 5 pm.

Posted by Iris

I don't feel like adding people I don't have to play with, so I'll wait until brackets are formed.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Iris: I don't feel like adding people I don't have to play with, so I'll wait until brackets are formed.

That's pretty much what I'm doing too. Too much of a hassle to punch in numbers for tons of people, most of which I may not even get to fight.

Posted by Pit

what time does it end, i work till 7 :-\

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Well, considering actual tournament experience;

everyone doesn't have to wait for a tv, so everyone can have their matches simultaneously which is a good thing. Given each round has 7 minutes, a set shouldn't take more than 21 minutes. In 40 minutes, everyone should have already advanced into their new matches or sets. Loser brackets would then start at the same time as well.

Then a good portion will get eliminated, some will advance, then when those advance, some new losers will get eliminated while new people from the winner bracket will be sent to losers.

I hope less than 4 hours, actual tournaments usually run for 7 to 8 hours if they're a bit on the big side!

ANYWAY, Like I posted on smashboards

People, enter chat room "Initiate Brawl"

One person just dropped, 01 from the waiting list will be placed on the brackets

Start talking to each other, at 1:45 I'll start doing a call on the players and scratching off who's here. At 2:01, people who still haven't responded, they'll be taken off and I'll be replacing those who did not respond with people on the waiting list.

Brackets are already made, I did my best to randomly place everything and match it with regions, but everything isn't one region so you'll eventually play someone who isn't in your region. I hope mario kart's traffic doesn't get in the way right now as well [IMG]http://smashboards.com/images/smilies/mad.gif[/IMG]

ROOM is definitely open right now, I'll be on brawl at the moment, and on the computer. SEE YOU THERE!

Posted by maian

UH

I think I can do it today. What time is 2:00 EST in Mountain Time? :cookie:

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

WOW THAT WAS MESSY

Congrats Maian, you at least advanced a bit

1st: Mobious (beat eli in finals, sent eli to losers, beat eli in losers, didn't let him win once O_O) used Lucario
2nd: Eli
3rd: Foxy
4th: Sirskor
5th: Dark Blue
6th: Dark Bulb
7th: Gino
8th: Skiwnkle Mas

Solrok, thanks for telling me in advance you couldn't play. Iris, an hour went by but I couldn't have them wait much longer :(, I know you would have won and wiped the floor with everyone.

Over 20 People played, but I kept ****ing up. Next time, some people offered to help with the brackets, thank ***

Posted by Mystic Hero

Oh wow ****, I lost to Eli first match, didn't know he was that awesome. He didn't want practice matches either. He was all "nah I'm just going ot kick your *** in 2 minutes lets jsut get it over with." Lol.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

yea, thats why I said for everyone to get on earlier, to get in on some practices before that actual thing starts. On a one day event, people want to have their matches when their matches are called like any tournament.

You ran off doing things, I understood you were busy, but darn man :(

But yea, I thought Eli was going to win. Turns out Mobious had a bad round against Eli. Eli sent mobious to losers bracket. Mobious wins his matches, and then for the finals, his lucario beat Eli into losers bracket. Then Mobious takes him out and wins. He had to play two 4/7 sets with him since eli had to go to losers bracket. Pretty much a stunning upset IMO

Some people agreed to help me so that the next time it goes by smoother

Posted by Mystic Hero

Yeah dude sorry. :( I wasn't expecting my Saturday to be chalk full of bull **** things to get done.