well i know whe have a lock'd thread about this but :S

Posted by G-Sides

lolol it isn't just junior senior anymore :/
having fun with your powers is one way to be immature about things.
picking on members because others do it too as a way to fit in is something else. quit being a dick.

edit: rofl i mispelled "we"

Posted by maian

wut

Posted by Stalolin

mod base doesn't really seem to care.

pretty sure most of us would rather see poco and JS gone

Posted by G-Sides

:S the point really isn't 'who it's being done to.' there can be a pretty fine line between disliking members and then fucking with the things they say for no reason. i'm sure it's become blatantly obvious that neither of them are going to leave, even if they're banned, so Mr. Supermod Solrok, quit being a cock and leave their posts alone. christ.

Posted by G-Sides

btw anyone confused as to what i'm basing this around, see:
http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=29862

Posted by Ant

what thread was it? if it's in the wacko board no one gives a ****.

hardcore ninja.

Posted by G-Sides

wii forum, wii fitness thread.

http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=30081

Posted by Ant

that makes it kinda funny. Though I'm curious what was original said. If all he said was "OMG UR SO DUM FER NOT KNOWING MY TROLL BAIT POSTS!" then whatever. But if it actually added to the discussion then it shouldn't have been edited. But those boards have been flaming(lol) for quite some time.

Posted by G-Sides

i remember what the original was vaguely, and it was actually surprisingly serious on poco's part. it was an actual retort to speed's post attacking him. :/

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

DEMOD DEX- I MEAN UHHH SPEE- OH **** NOW I MEAN SOLROK

Dexter isn't here, Vamp isn't here, and Solrok's editing people's posts. Truly, VGC has entered an age of darkness!

Posted by S

It was a troll. I only mod trolls.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Seriously, if it's a troll, just delete the damn thing and don't worry about it. Good heavens, you're a Super Mod, you should know what the hell you're doing and how to do it. L2mod

Posted by S

Trolling is against the rules, so honestly it's not as simple as deleting the post when it is outside WU. I didn't feel like infracting him, so I teased him a little in its stead. But if you guys are taking it so harshly, I could just infract him and delete the post instead?

Posted by Skitzo Control

For the post in question, I'd think it'd be best if we could see the original post before any infractions were made. Of course, this isn't to regular members like myself, more up to you mods, but that would make the most sense.
---
Or, you could just ask a super mod that KNOWS WHAT THE HELL HE/SHE IS DOING before taking any action.

Posted by Fate

OH MY ****ING CHRIST.

You can't be going on about trolling around VGC when it comes to senior members; it's hypocritical and stupid to even go in that direction whether the member is liked or not. There are several instances where members say things about other members in places where it has no need because the underlying arguments took place elsewhere and are still remembered. To edit posts just to edit posts because you happen to not like the person is incredibly inane.

I've been observing the boards a lot more lately and it is likely the best choice to let people be and work with the people rather than antagonizing them. Give it a rest.

Posted by Linko_16

As a mod who has done in the past what he thought was the best course of action and paid for it when everyone else got all butthurt over it, let me just say this is really nothing to rage about. Okay, Sol did made a call many of you would disagree with, fair enough. Calmly and rationally voice your opinions on how would prefer we serve you as mods, and next time we'll all know how to do our jobs better.

Be reasonable.

Posted by Ant

go crazy and do whatever you want and don't give a **** about what any of these faggots say

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Ant;842359]go crazy and do whatever you want and don't give a **** about what any of these faggots say

WELCOME TO DEMOD TOWN POPULATION uhh... wings, netty, rupptie, myself, and probably missing a few

Only person I think to get away with mod abuse is Linkman, BUT HEY IT WAS DA WHO CARES AMIRITE

Posted by S

Quoting Fate: OH MY ****ING CHRIST.

You can't be going on about trolling around VGC when it comes to senior members; it's hypocritical and stupid to even go in that direction whether the member is liked or not. There are several instances where members say things about other members in places where it has no need because the underlying arguments took place elsewhere and are still remembered. To edit posts just to edit posts because you happen to not like the person is incredibly inane.

I've been observing the boards a lot more lately and it is likely the best choice to let people be and work with the people rather than antagonizing them. Give it a rest.

Senior member does not justify trolling. He's been banned of it multiple times. You're welcome to "work" with a troll but it won't get you anywhere.

I'll lay off though, and from now on infract the hell out of him (And anyone else for that matter, though he's our local troll.) the next time he trolls a main board instead of teasing.

Also, any suggestions, you're welcome to PM me over.

Posted by Fate

I could go on a mile-long list of posts that count as trolling from members all around. It's funny how nobody catches them. :rolleyes:

Posted by Ant

hi

Posted by junior senior

i thought everything was ok because he was editing in wacko university, so it didn't count, right?
well poco isn't being edited in wacko university, it's outside the forums

Posted by Iris

Yeah, I feel like doing crap like that in WU is fine. It's more of an ongoing joke there than a nuisance, and as long as it's seldom done and not entirely malicious I have no qualms. But it doesn't help the outside boards at all if you edit a dumb post into a different dumb post. Deletion's definitely the way to go if you think it's a problem, and if anyone familiar with the original content wants to bring it to our attention then it's fine.

Posted by junior senior

i know what you're saying, but if anything he should've soft deleted it so speedfreak could read it. but if it was directed towards somebody else, then just edit his post saying "-deleted-" or something.

Posted by Iris

I'm entirely fine with soft deletes. If anything, they seem to warn better than just getting rid of them completely, and I agree that saving the content is a good idea.

Posted by Fate

wtf

Posts shouldn't be edited for stupidity because if that was the case I'd probably follow Bebop everywhere. You guys need to get your **** together. Tag one, tag everyone.

Posted by Stalolin

solrok made a boo-boo, case closed guys. do not edit posts unless it's in the wacko board.

delete ****.

if there's a stupid fight going on between two people, delete it.

if poco or JS are trolling again, delete it.

let's get this over with fast.

if this gets past like four pages then **** this forum. you're totally unsavable.

Posted by Arcadios

How about we put this argument on hold until some creditable member's posts are edited?

Posted by Fate

Quoting Fate: Posts shouldn't be edited for stupidity because if that was the case I'd probably follow Bebop everywhere. You guys need to get your **** together. Tag one, tag everyone.

I just said that.

I'm going to assume you clearly missed the part where I mentioned Bebop. Credible? That's not what this is about.

Whatever.

Posted by Iris

Posts shouldn't be edited at all outside the wacko board.
unless you have fun doing it. :cool2:

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Iris;842671]Posts shouldn't be edited at all outside the wacko board.

alright cool, now let's all agree on this

solrok cut it out

Posted by S

Done-o.

Posted by Poco

i like that response better then my original response. it sounds way bette,r thanks solrok

Posted by S

You're welcome. I knew you'd like it.

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Arcadios: How about we put this argument on hold until some creditable member's posts are edited?

Yeah, let's wait until after it happens to deal with a problem. Who ever heard of such a thing as handling problems before they happen?

Posted by Poco

Quoting Arcadios: How about we put this argument on hold until some creditable member's posts are edited?

im a creditable member. most people who talk to me off-site can tell you that. oh wait i forgot i hate anime so my credit here in tha toilet.