Hawaii

Posted by Dexter

Dexter's moving to Hawaii. I got my ticket and my flight leaves this coming Friday.

I'm well worried about a few aspects of Hawa'i. My biggest worry is the lack of snowboarding. I love the snowy mountains and slopes. Beautiful hot sun shining off the bright white snow, the snow-burn of the fall, and the speed and danger of the high-hills will surely be missed. I can't bare to leave my faithful snowboard. We've gone through too much together, excruciating falls and fantastic landings, so I'll be one of the few Hawaiians with a snowboard, I suppose.

Another worry is the heat. I've lived most of my life in Montana and Oregon, which is mostly cold. Hawaii is going to be terrible when it comes to humidity. Do I throw all my winter fashion away now and start my shopping over again? It's a dreadful thought because you certainly can't get as creative with clothing when it comes to summer gear as opposed to winter gear. This doesn't sit well with me at all.

Enough complaining. There are perks.

I think living on an island will suit me well. I will feel isolated from the mainlanders and there's an audacious feeling that goes along with the feeling of aloofness. At least for me. Also, being surrounded by water has always pleased me. I've always lived near a large body of water so I've found myself most comfortable with it.

Surfing! omg! I'm taking up surfing big time now. I've rarely gone in my life so far, but the times I have make me want more. I consider this my trade-in for snowboarding and I'm really hoping I

Posted by Borealis

That sounds mad raw, bro. Where in Hawaii are you planning to live?

Posted by Dexter

Honolulu on the island of Oahu. They got Kawaii Kon. teehee. ^_^

Posted by s0ul

Dexter, you are 2xtreme

Posted by Stalolin

oahu? oh man i'm sorry. that's like the super commercialized part of the island.

additionally, drink tons of water.

i don't want you fainting in front of those noble hawaiians we enslaved

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Stalolin: that's like the super commercialized part of the island.

I imagined so. It seems like a good choice for me though, since I've never really lived in a big city before (besides my two months in Tokyo). I think it will be a healthy mixture of what I'm looking for at this time of my life. Adventurism and professionalism. It should work out nicely when it comes to finding decent work. I'll have more options there and hopefully something that will keep my pretty pennies shining on better than ever. And who knows, maybe I'll decide to continue my academics there. Doubt it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

What happened to the house you were building? Also, Oahu has the internet, right?

Posted by David M. Awesome

Buy me a new Hawaiian shirt, plox. <3

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=The X;842282]What happened to the house you were building? Also, Oahu has the internet, right?

Every island has internet.

Some you just have to go to an internet cafe to get it.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting David M. Awesome: Buy me a new Hawaiian shirt, plox. <3

This is Dexter we're talking about. He might actually do it.

Wear sunscreen, my friend.

Srsly, I would love you forever if you did.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting The X: What happened to the house you were building? Also, Oahu has the internet, right?

I sold that house. That's how I've been affording a lot of my venturing lately. And of course the island has Internet! I'm sure we have/had a few members from the island before, besides Raptor. Anyone?

Quoted post: Buy me a new Hawaiian shirt

But they're so ugly! Girls can get away with them most of the time but I rarely see a guy pull it off. I don't think I can pull it off although I'll certainly try. And of course I'll send you a Hawaiian shirt. I'll get your information and style details once I arrive.

By this weekend, I will be a Hawaiian.

Posted by Linko_16

Great, David, thanks a lot. Now we have to send him a cactus or a rattlesnake or something.

Posted by Corrupt

I'm so glad for you, Dex. While I've personally only been to the big island, I've heard pretty good things about Oahu as well. I know that's the island my parents used to live on back in the day, and they have some pretty fascinating stories about their surroundings and various adventures that took place. And yeah, I'd also imagine it's a hell of a lot more commercialized than cities on any of the other islands (Hilo and Kona both probably pale in comparison), but that has its perks, even though I have more of a preference for the more rural areas. Still, I really think you'll enjoy yourself there, as it seems like a good fit for you. Be sure to visit the big island, too; the laid-back nature of all the people there, the scenery, and all the old abandoned houses in the middle of nowhere amidst shades of green you never even thought you'd see were incredible. And then some!

[quote=Dexter]But they're so ugly!

Yeah, I just walked around in a pair of board shorts and flip-flops all the time. :cool: Though there was a problem with the mosquitos, as I remember someone commenting that my blood must taste like cherry kool-aid to them. Good times.

Posted by Slade

Quoted post: By this weekend, I will be a Hawaiian.

Wow, that's really soon! I'm sure you'll enjoy it a lot there. I think that's the island my step-mom used to live on. She didn't like all the commercialization, but that's because she's old and grumpy. ROCK ON

And take pics soon!

Posted by Borealis

So, what are the plans with the girl you were/are with gonna be like?

Posted by Kutlass

you won't last there.

the samoans will eat you for supper.

with spam and sticky white rice.

[quote=Dexter;842355]But they're so ugly! Girls can get away with them most of the time but I rarely see a guy pull it off. I don't think I can pull it off although I'll certainly try. And of course I'll send you a Hawaiian shirt. I'll get your information and style details once I arrive.

Now we're best friends forever. If you want any tacky knick-knacks from Arizona in return, don't hesitate to ask. <3

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Wow, you left for Hawaii without visiting me? You just keep digging yourself deeper, boy!

Posted by Lord of Spam

I'm going to do my best to get stationed at pearl harbor now, just so that I can dominate you at vidya games in real life.

punk.

Posted by Dexter

I'm here. Still adjusting to the time change. I traveled 6 hours into the past!

Quoting Corrupt: Be sure to visit the big island, too; the laid-back nature of all the people there, the scenery, and all the old abandoned houses in the middle of nowhere amidst shades of green you never even thought you'd see were incredible. And then some!

Definitely going to check it out. I was looking down upon it while I was flying over it and I was just imagining myself running around all the cool little spots I saw. I'm going to spend my first month here simply exploring Honolulu and seeing what's there, then I'll go elsewhere.

Quoted post: So, what are the plans with the girl you were/are with gonna be like?

Gonna make a few Hawaiian babies and adopt a pet like Stitch.

Quoted post: I'm going to do my best to get stationed at pearl harbor now, just so that I can dominate you at vidya games in real life.

Do it and do it now! I didn't realize how military this place was. The Air Force base and Navy base are so close together. There are submarines here! They're so cool. I want to go on one. Maybe they'll let me tour the La Jolla or somethin'. When do you get stationed?

Posted by Lord of Spam

some time next year.

and you wont get to tour anything thats still active duty, what with the whole "lol national security classification" thing. You might get on an older one thats set up as a museum, but the 688s are still pretty highly classified.

Posted by Stalolin

side note: learn to enjoy poi

one of life's most challenging things, but it's rewards are great and many!

Posted by Borealis

But it looks [URL="http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2004/11/18/180373/Poi_Boy_With_Bowl.jpg"]disgusting[/URL]!

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Borealis;843289]But it looks [URL="http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2004/11/18/180373/Poi_Boy_With_Bowl.jpg"]disgusting[/URL]!

And it is!

A bit like wallpaper paste, and after a few times of trying it I still can't stand it.

but!

It's one of the most nutritious things you can put in your body and properly wrapped, it lasts ****ed near forever.

this is why the polynesians brought it with them when they came to hawaii

Posted by Dexter

I'm definitely getting some. Strange I didn't see it anywhere today during my adventures. I'm not looking in the proper places.

My surfing lessons start next Sunday.

Posted by junior senior

How's Wolfy adjusting?

I always wanted to learn how to surf. My father used to do it when he was younger, and it would give me a real reason to wear Hawaiian shirts all of the time.

Speaking of which...

Posted by Dexter

Quoting JuNiOr SeNiOr: How's Wolfy adjusting?

The environment is too bright for him. Like entering the Lazy Town show. He's used to the dull, rainy, fogginess of Oregon, and now he's stuck in this colourful stage where the beach is over populated. He likes the culture diversity though.

Posted by Borealis

Get him a wolfette.

Posted by Slade

So what else have you got planned besides surfing, Dex?

Posted by Dexter

Motorcycle, possible. This seems like the ideal location to have one.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I want to wakeboard, you've done it before, right? Is it fun!?

Posted by Shade

It is!

Posted by Lord of Spam

I couldnt imagine not living near a beach:(

Posted by Dexter

Lord of Spam, I went to the Pearl Harbor Memorial and saw the drowned Arizona. I also got to go on the Missouri ship and meet some sailors. I want to sail the seas all day and go under the water in a sub. You should definitely get stationed here. It's so nice. I'll join you underway!

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/cosplaydexterity/nav2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/cosplaydexterity/nav1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/cosplaydexterity/nav.jpg[/IMG]

And some birdies.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/cosplaydexterity/bird.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Dexter: drowned Arizona

Oxymoron.