How do you jump?!

Posted by Ant

I've always used the X button on the GC pad. I can't even fathom using any other button. Hell, I have the up on joystick jump turned off to make it easier to do tilt up a attacks.

Posted by Arcadios

Y Button

Posted by Borealis

X4Lyfe

Posted by maian

Well, I've actually set the custom controls to down on the D-Pad. It sounds weird, but it's actually really effective.

Posted by Stalolin

y button is superior

Posted by Zeta

Up or L.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Y, it's closer to my grab buttons (z or r or x for me) and dodging. Much easier and swifter hand movements for me.

Posted by Alastor

There's no "More than one" option? :(
I SHOULD USE MY AWESOME POWERS TO CORRECT THIS INJUSTICE.
But I'm lazy and I'm probably the only one with this quirk, so I won't.

I use both up and X at random. Mostly up, but I've found that I'm reliant on X, as well. If I try not using either of them it ****s me all up.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=maian;841997]but it's actually really effective.You can't shorthop?

I'm the mother****ing X. What do you think I use?

Posted by Pit

i use my feet and legs to jump. Didn't know there was another way

Posted by Ant

Quoting maian: Well, I've actually set the custom controls to down on the D-Pad. It sounds weird, but it's actually really effective.

I'm trying this on my pad...and it just doesn't feel right...like, how do you move and jump and attack effectively?

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting Ant: I've always used the X button on the GC pad. I can't even fathom using any other button. Hell, I have the up on joystick jump turned off to make it easier to do tilt up a attacks.

same hurr

Posted by Kit

I always used up on the joystick.

Posted by ccrocker58

X...it just feels most comfortable to me. Though on some occasions I do use up on the stick.

Posted by David M. Awesome

I use them all. I've been using the Y button more as of late because it tends to be more responsive (especially in mid-air), but I still use the joystick a lot for jumping. I rarely use the X button, but every once in a while I'll hit it.

Posted by Breakman

x, dood (and a on the classic controller)

i can't stand tilt jumping, never liked it in any fighting game either though it frees up other buttons for various types of attacks; i want to be able to move left and right at the same time as jumping, like, how i've been used to it since i was a kid

i have tilt jump off so i can hit utilts and such easier :3

Posted by junior senior

X one time and then it's up up up on classic

Posted by ccrocker58

@ muffla: actually I just found it on a google search, there's actually a whole site dedicated to nintendo characters made in that art lol

Posted by Corrupt

Been using X since the day Melee came out, don't see any point in changing now. There's always the possibility that I might change it while experimenting with different control layouts, but I still don't think it's going to happen.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

x or y, depending what button I just lifted my finger off of.

Posted by David M. Awesome

I've decided. From now on, I will only jump with Moon Shoes.