Speed Racer

Posted by ElroyJetson

Was kind of down on the wachowskis...but im a speed racer guy from way back...so i almost have to see this...trailer didnt disappoint me...anyone else gonna check it out?

also found this contest a few days ago, but it might be the last day for it today...http://raceforspeedracer.com

i never win these **** things...but life size mach 5 seems pretty **** cool.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I saw the trailor for it. Looks like it would be an AMAZING baked movie.

Posted by Dexter

Looks like fun. I have a feeling people will either love or hate it. Part of me hopes it's a big success and we see more animes turned into films and another part of me is scared of that. I've already seen the Akira film in the works and part of me is excited and part simply dreads the idea. I'll watch this, but I'm well worried.

Posted by Borealis

I'm on the same field as Dexter. The film looks more fun, than anything, and that's the reason I'm as excited as I am to see it. I know it's not going to be too faithful to the original series, nor anything too monumental. So, my only concern is if it just blatantly smears awful onto the Speed Racer name. Aside from that, though, I don't really mind if there's more movies based on animes coming out in the coming months, or years; since I already know a Dragonball movie is coming out, and something else. It can't be stopped.

Posted by Dexter

I don't even understand why it makes me so mad to see this new American Battle Royale film come out. We already had that Condemned garbage. Why should this bother us? Since we enjoyed where it's coming from, the origins, shouldn't we look forward to more of it? Maybe it's because we've been disappointed far too many times, we just don't trust the idea of bringing ideas we like back anymore.

Posted by Bebop

Looks downright awful. Saw the trailer ages ago. I can't see any valid reason to watch this.

Posted by Dexter

It looks different and different is good to me. It might be a little too goofy though.

Posted by Crazy K

I think it looks like a fun film and a box office hit.

Posted by Borealis

I actually like the goof. The over-exaggerated special effects are so fun.

Posted by Dexter

Yeah, it does give it a unique feel, though it doesn't seem to match the anime as much as the F-Zero games or the Lazy Town show.

Posted by Old_Snake

I'll probably catch the movie in theaters. I think it looks pretty good, personally, admittedly it looks to have some camp, but I don't think it'll be campy enough to ruin it or anything.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Borealis: and something else.

Probably Astro Boy.