ECW (Mike Adamle)

Posted by clearlytheman

Write WWE to get this idiot fired they pay him some 300 000 a year and he butchers everything he does, if writing WWE doesn't work then please call your local police and tell them you caught him raping a dead bear and then touched u inappropriatly. They constantly release talen and then hire this idiot for more than most mid card wrestlers I understand that he was associated with the XFL but look were that is.

Posted by Crazy K

Or you could just stop watching Pro wrestling altogether like I did, works wonders.

Posted by Skitzo Control

WRESTLING IS NOT A SPORT! IT IS SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT! GTFO MY INTERNETS!

Posted by clearlytheman

Quoting Skitzo Control: WRESTLING IS NOT A SPORT! IT IS SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT! GTFO MY INTERNETS!

Ouch struck a nerve, and all in CAPS too man you take message boards WAY TOO SERIOUSLY

Posted by TimeSkipz

[quote=Skitzo Control;842955]WRESTLING IS NOT A SPORT! IT IS SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT! GTFO MY INTERNETS!

*BUZZ* WRONG!! Mainstream wrestling is Sports Entertainment, thats why they do so well.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=TimeSkipz;843443]*BUZZ* WRONG!! Mainstream wrestling is Sports Entertainment, thats why they do so well.
Underlined to show you just how dumb you are. Just because the word "sports" is in there, doesn't make it a sport. Mainstream (AKA professional) wrestling is not a sport, because it in no way, shape, form, or fashion is a true depiction of competition. It is a live show in which the actors happen to be large men who pretend to hit each other. It is a very well choreographed enactment of a fight. Boxing is real fighting. UFC is real fighting. But WWE/WCW/TNA/ECW/whatever the hell is left is people acting like they're fighting. Therefore, since the people are NEVER actually fighting, they are pretending to fight, they are ACTING, it is not a sport.

Do I need to say the same thing four more times for you to understand?

Posted by clearlytheman

Quoting Skitzo Control: Underlined to show you just how dumb you are. Just because the word "sports" is in there, doesn't make it a sport. Mainstream (AKA professional) wrestling is not a sport, because it in no way, shape, form, or fashion is a true depiction of competition. It is a live show in which the actors happen to be large men who pretend to hit each other. It is a very well choreographed enactment of a fight. Boxing is real fighting. UFC is real fighting. But WWE/WCW/TNA/ECW/whatever the hell is left is people acting like they're fighting. Therefore, since the people are NEVER actually fighting, they are pretending to fight, they are ACTING, it is not a sport.

I can't believe how far you will go to defend your point (pathetic really)

Posted by TimeSkipz

[quote=Skitzo Control;843719]Underlined to show you just how dumb you are. Just because the word "sports" is in there, doesn't make it a sport. Mainstream (AKA professional) wrestling is not a sport, because it in no way, shape, form, or fashion is a true depiction of competition. It is a live show in which the actors happen to be large men who pretend to hit each other. It is a very well choreographed enactment of a fight. Boxing is real fighting. UFC is real fighting. But WWE/WCW/TNA/ECW/whatever the hell is left is people acting like they're fighting. Therefore, since the people are NEVER actually fighting, they are pretending to fight, they are ACTING, it is not a sport.

Not all Pro Wrestling is mainstream are you retarded? Mainstream is whats on tv. I also highly doubt you've ever seen a wrestler after a match, bruises and blood. Not ALL of it is fake. Here I have an example, when Floyd Mayweather punched The Big Show he actually punched him in the face, you could see his nose

Posted by Crazy K

[quote=TimeSkipz;843739]Not all Pro Wrestling is mainstream are you retarded? Mainstream is whats on tv. I also highly doubt you've ever seen a wrestler after a match, bruises and blood. Not ALL of it is fake. Here I have an example, when Floyd Mayweather punched The Big Show he actually punched him in the face, you could see his nose

You're a ****ing idiot. Pro Wrestling is gay in general, so why bother? It's not a sport nor is it cool. I can't believe I was ever into it, just pathetic if you ask me.

And yeah ALL of wrestling is fake, usually when "real Injuries" occur, it's because of a mistake done by the wrestler. As for the Big Show/Mayweather thing, it's all an act, it might look like he hits him hard, but he slows down right before he hits him, it's basically what all wrestlers do. And the blood gag is also fake as well, you never see a wrestler start bleeding in eye site, so it's obvious it's all set up. If the fans are gay enough to like it, then it'll be a hit.

They're just overgrown actors, nothing else. They simply play the part, and they have to make it look as real as possible or they'll lose fans and such or their job. I guess they have to be somewhat athletic to keep up with everything, but it's nothing compared to Boxing, UFC or whatever like Skitzo said.

Posted by clearlytheman

Quoting Crazy K: You're a ****ing idiot. Pro Wrestling is gay in general, so why bother? It's not a sport nor is it cool. I can't believe I was ever into it, just pathetic if you ask me.

And yeah ALL of wrestling is fake, usually when "real Injuries" occur, it's because of a mistake done by the wrestler. As for the Big Show/Mayweather thing, it's all an act, it might look like he hits him hard, but he slows down right before he hits him, it's basically what all wrestlers do. And the blood gag is also fake as well, you never see a wrestler start bleeding in eye site, so it's obvious it's all set up. If the fans are gay enough to like it, then it'll be a hit.

They're just overgrown actors, nothing else. They simply play the part, and they have to make it look as real as possible or they'll lose fans and such or their job. I guess they have to be somewhat athletic to keep up with everything, but it's nothing compared to Boxing, UFC or whatever like Skitzo said.

hahahah way to try and hold your argument. Floyd slows down right before he hits him because it was a replay you were watching I watched it live so who's the idiot now, I don't know why you are so annoying but you just are I know I would like to demonstrate on you how floyd broke the big show's nose.

Posted by Crazy K

[quote=clearlytheman;843896]hahahah way to try and hold your argument. Floyd slows down right before he hits him because it was a replay you were watching I watched it live so who's the idiot now, I don't know why you are so annoying but you just are I know I would like to demonstrate on you how floyd broke the big show's nose.

I'm pretty sure I didn't even watch it. And I'm pretty sure it's easy to fake a punch, which is what all pro wrestlers do. I highly doubt he really punched him, it's highly unlikely, unless they both agreed to it.

I think I have some solid proof, look very close, he hits him on the side of the face, and it obviously isn't really hard.

[youtube=1ZHhzl_KtWU]1ZHhzl_KtWU[/youtube]

Posted by clearlytheman

Quoting Crazy K: I'm pretty sure I didn't even watch it. And I'm pretty sure it's easy to fake a punch, which is what all pro wrestlers do. I highly doubt he really punched him, it's highly unlikely, unless they both agreed to it.

I think I have some solid proof, look very close, he hits him on the side of the face, and it obviously isn't really hard.

[youtube=1ZHhzl_KtWU]1ZHhzl_KtWU[/youtube]

In case your wondering since your kinda slow I will explain it for you Big Show wanted to be hit but he wasn't expecting to be hit that stiff and floyd is not a wrestler and doesn't fake his punches. Big Show can legitimately take a punch. So quit talking **** you know nothing about. Go talk about things more on your level like dancing with the stars.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=TimeSkipz]Not all Pro Wrestling is mainstream are you retarded? Mainstream is whats on tv. I also highly doubt you've ever seen a wrestler after a match, bruises and blood. Not ALL of it is fake. Here I have an example, when Floyd Mayweather punched The Big Show he actually punched him in the face, you could see his nose...Woah, wait a minute. Mainstream is what's on TV? LIKE PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING?! GASP! The only other wrestling ever televised is the Olympics, which isn't PROFESSIONAL. I simply said that mainstream wrestling (what you see on TV) is professional wrestling, and it is not real fighting. It's scripted.

[quote=TimeSkipz]Not all Pro Wrestling is mainstream are you retarded? Mainstream is whats on tv. I also highly doubt you've ever seen a wrestler after a match, bruises and blood. Not ALL of it is fake. Here I have an example, when Floyd Mayweather punched The Big Show he actually punched him in the face, you could see his nose
If Floyd Mayweather was actually hitting Big Show (from here to be known by his real name, Paul Wight), do you think he could have withstood it? Mayweather beat De La Hoya, who has been widely considered the best Middleweight boxer to have ever lived, when he was in his prime. Yes, the footage you show, Mayweather actually did hit Paul and broke his nose, but it was an accident and not part of the script. I hope you read that last part twice.

You're right, not all of it is fake, but all of it is INTENDED to be fake, and accidents happen. Best-case scenario: all goes by script, nobody gets hurt, and they get huge ticket sales. The things that are done, were you to do any of that in real life, would kill you, if not, seriously injure you for the rest of your life. A great example is Hogan's leg drop. Hogan was nearly 300 pounds his entire career, and stood at 6'5". If somebody that size fell on your neck, their leg across your throat, it would crush your windpipe and thus make you incapable of breathing and you would ****ING DIE.

Care for more examples? How about that fight between Mayweather and Wight? Mayweather, as I stated before, is a REAL boxer. His hands have been dubbed lethal weapons and actually hitting another person on the street can get him 10+ years for assault with a deadly weapon. He actually had to use a pair of brass knuckles to take out Wight, when he had taken out 25 other REAL boxers by KO and TKO. Bull****. Mayweather is 39-0, currently the Welterweight Champion, he doesn't need props like brass knuckles to knock some guy out, he only needs his hands.

I'm not arguing that Pro Wrestlers don't have to be athletic, but they aren't really fighting.

Posted by Degeneration

Pretty lame that so many wrestling topics end up as a "fake/real/do not watch" debate.

Truly, Adamle delivers the fail. I don't catch ECW often, but good lord, he sucks. It's pretty bad when former wrestlers like Tazz and JBL outperform you as commentators.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I'm just saying this thread doesn't belong on the Sports board.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

people are actually arguing against skitzo's point? haha, jeez. Even Vince McMahon has backed up what's skitzo's saying more than once. It's scripted, but **** happens. Kinda like a movie, in that a lot of movie stars break bones from failed stunts or accidents.

Posted by TimeSkipz

[quote=Skitzo Control;844126]...Woah, wait a minute. Mainstream is what's on TV? LIKE PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING?! GASP! The only other wrestling ever televised is the Olympics, which isn't PROFESSIONAL. I simply said that mainstream wrestling (what you see on TV) is professional wrestling, and it is not real fighting. It's scripted.

Theres amatuer wrestling on TV, Ring Of Honor is all about upcoming superstars who arn't at the professional level yet. Don't try to argue about something you know nothing about. There are also professional wrestling companies that are like old ECW REAL FIGHTING

Quoted post: Ring Of Honor is all about upcoming superstars who arn't at the professional level yet.

rof is professional wrestling. independent professional wrestling. In other words it's still a performance art, not an actual sport, and thus still fake.

Posted by TimeSkipz

Just because Wikipedia says so doesn't mean it is, yes it's fake thats what I said in the firstplace it's mainstream and mainstream is fake

Quoted post: Just because Wikipedia says so doesn't mean it is,

You're right. It's the fact it is means it is. Seriously, what point are you trying to make? That there's more than one company, that's there's independent wrestling companies? No ****, kinda like every other business.

Posted by TimeSkipz

That wrestling isn't fake

CSERO:I have been wrestling on the Independent circuit for 2 years now, I will admit that the outcome is predetermined, but its not as fake as every one thinks, we don't know our matches months in advance and practice. we normally find out our matches the day of or the week before the show. And we rarely talk things over before we wrestle, we just go out there and do our thing. I have countless injuries from wrestling. You also have 3 types of hitters in wrestling, Light hitters that make little or no contact. Snug hitters that make contact and a decent amount but doesn't hurt that much, then stiff hitters that just beat the hell out of you. In todays age of wrestler there are very few light hitters, I'm a snug/stiff hitter. I don't go out there to kill any one, but i make it know that I'm hitting them. they can feel every thing...chops are full blown with as much force as you can get behind them, so are forearm shots to the back. clothes lines are also done very hard. The ring hurts, sometimes concrete is softer than the rings. the ropes in most places are steel cable wrapped in a garden hose, and most times the padding in the ring is a layer of carpet. People like to call wrestling fake, but i have been in the ring with Former marines and army men that cant handle a day of wrestling training. It takes more to be a wrestler than what most people realize. They also don't realize that Professional wrestling is a source of income. I don't come to your work and throw rocks and you while your mowing the yards, so dont come to a show and call me a fake or a phony XD.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=TimeSkipz;845665]Theres amatuer wrestling on TV, Ring Of Honor is all about upcoming superstars who arn't at the professional level yet. Don't try to argue about something you know nothing about. There are also professional wrestling companies that are like old ECW REAL FIGHTING
ECW is not real fighting, nor has it ever been. ECW was nothing more than a gimmick to attract an older fan-base. Other pro-wrestling, such as WCW and WWF, relied on the gimmicks of wrestlers like "Hulk Hogan" and "The Ultimate Warrior," whereas ECW relied on the gimmicks of their more "hardcore" wrestlers, such as "Sabu" and Mick Foley.

Seriously, ECW, REAL FIGHTING? Are you really that stupid? If I were actually fighting a guy and hit him over the head with a BASEBALL BAT WRAPPED IN BARBED WIRE, it would crack open his skull and the barbs from the wire would penetrate into his brain. Do you even understand what kind of damage that could do? Paralysis? Memory loss? And, of all things, death? Yes, just like WWE, WWF, WCW, TNA, NWA, IWA, and so forth, ECW is/was all scripted.

I mean, COME ON!!! Mick Foley (he's like 6', 300 lbs.) is put into a Figure Four Leglock by Shane Douglas, who was around 6' and like 250 lbs. (which, if actually applied with that much full body weight would easily dislocate Foley's hip), while he is repeatedly hit with a steel folding chair (a steel folding chair weighs approximately 10 pounds, if it is real steel) by Mikey Whipwreck, and comes out with NO INJURIES? Just the fact that a steel chair FALLING on a person could result in a concussion, imagine what 190 lb. all-muscle Mikey Whipwreck could do when swinging it.

Again, Mick Foley (sorry I'm using him as the example, but if you're talking about hardcore, there's no wrestler that compares) against Terry Funk, USING ****ING C4? C4 is nearly as powerful of an explosive as nitroglycerine. Do you even understand or comprehend what would happen to a human being if they were in a C4 explosion? C4 is more powerful than military dynamite. Considering the fact that, chances are, there were absolutely no REAL explosive experts to contain or set-up the explosives, Mick Foley and Terry Funk would have recieved terrible injuries from being within 10' of an actual C4 explosion. Hey, not to mention the fact that, in order to even detonate C4, it takes massive amounts of pressure and heat, or an electric jolt, which, again, ECW would have had absolutely no way of attaining because they were nothing more than a cheap, independent gimmick for the older crowd.

Sorry, I know a lot about pro-wrestling because it IS entertaining, but that doesn't mean it is not staged/fake.

Posted by TimeSkipz

[quote=Skitzo Control;845701]ECW is not real fighting, nor has it ever been. ECW was nothing more than a gimmick to attract an older fan-base. Other pro-wrestling, such as WCW and WWF, relied on the gimmicks of wrestlers like "Hulk Hogan" and "The Ultimate Warrior," whereas ECW relied on the gimmicks of their more "hardcore" wrestlers, such as "Sabu" and Mick Foley.

Seriously, ECW, REAL FIGHTING? Are you really that stupid? If I were actually fighting a guy and hit him over the head with a BASEBALL BAT WRAPPED IN BARBED WIRE, it would crack open his skull and the barbs from the wire would penetrate into his brain. Do you even understand what kind of damage that could do? Paralysis? Memory loss? And, of all things, death? Yes, just like WWE, WWF, WCW, TNA, NWA, IWA, and so forth, ECW is/was all scripted.

I mean, COME ON!!! Mick Foley is put into a Figure Four Leglock by Shane Douglas (which, if actually applied with a person's full body weight can easily dislocate your hip), while he is repeatedly hit with a steel folding chair (a steel folding chair weighs approximately 20 pounds, if it is real steel) by Mikey Whipwreck, and comes out with NO INJURIES?

Again, Mick Foley (sorry I'm using him as the example, but if you're talking about hardcore, there's no wrestler that compares) against Terry Funk, USING ****ING C4? C4 is nearly as powerful of an explosive as nitroglycerine. Do you even understand or comprehend what would happen to a human being if they were in a C4 explosion? C4 is more powerful than military dynamite. Considering the fact that, chances are, there were absolutely no REAL explosive experts to contain or set-up the explosives, Mick Foley and Terry Funk would have recieved terrible injuries from being within 10' of an actual C4 explosion. Hey, not to mention the fact that, in order to even detonate C4, it takes massive amounts of pressure and heat, or an electric jolt, which, again, ECW would have had absolutely no way of attaining because they were nothing more than a cheap, independent gimmick for the older crowd.

Take a look at Sabu and try to tell me its all fake again, obviously they know not to kill someone NO ONE IS THAT STUPID to kill someone for the sake of a victory

Posted by Skitzo Control

THEY ARE NOT REALLY FIGHTING! Ugh... Mick Foley, again, Hell in the Cell? When he was "Chokeslammed" through the top of the cage, and the chair FELL on him, it fell 15' on him, and it knocked him completely unconscious. Now, imagine a person actually swinging that and hitting somebody in the head. Swinging a chair, a person can easily force it to reach the terminal velocity of a falling object, which would normally cause a severe concussion.

And don't even bring up Sabu when he never has and never will even compare to what Mick Foley has done. All I gotta say is: Hell in the Cell. If you're even going to talk about hardcore pro-wrestling, know your ****, you ignorant ****.

How can you even argue against me? Have you ever watched them punch people? Open, loose hands, stomping while they hit to add effect. They also practice "bumps." Do you realize there are SCHOOLS for wrestling? Do you know why? So people can be TAUGHT how to fall, how to act when they get "hit", and so forth. A lot of these schools also double as *gasp* acting schools! Ever wonder why "Hulk Hogan," "The Rock," "Kane," "John Cena," etc. appear in movies? Because they are ACTORS. Good heavens, I don't understand how you can't get through your skull.
---
*edit* Look, when accidents happen, they happen, and people really do get injured, but it's all by accident. My biggest problem is you're so dumb that you can't look at this from any logical point of view and realize that this stuff is as scripted as the fights you see in Star Wars.

Here's a perfect example (sorry, I know a lot about Foley's career, and this is a perfect opportunity for you to realize it's all scripted):
Back in the "Monday Night Wars" between WCW and WWF, announcer Tony Schiavone told viewers who was going to win the match between The Rock and Mick Foley (or, at the time, Mankind), because he already knew. Isn't that a little... I dunno, revealing?

Protip: if you honestly believe any professional wrestling is real, go out and seriously try those moves in real life. Spoliers: Doesn't work. You need the cooperation of your opponent to pull that large majority of them off. That's why real fights don't look like that.

Posted by Skitzo Control

When you see two people on a movie set kiss/have sex, do you think they're actually kissing/making love? Wrestling is pretty much the same thing.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Spoiler: Wrestling = not a sport.

Never was.

Just a sad excuse for homoerotic gentlemen to oil up and touch/rough each other up..

Just watch the The Ladies Man. All the proof you'll ever need is there.
EVER!!

Posted by G-Sides

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=G-Sides;845958][IMG]http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11/27/429966/Wrestling_fake_kick.gif[/IMG]

ALL wrestling is fake.

Whether or not it's in the squared circle, or the round circle.. or a circle jerk..

Posted by Skitzo Control

Eh, not ALL wrestling is fake. Professional wrestling is fake, but the Olympics isn't.

Posted by TimeSkipz

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;845809]Protip: if you honestly believe any professional wrestling is real, go out and seriously try those moves in real life. Spoliers: Doesn't work. You need the cooperation of your opponent to pull that large majority of them off. That's why real fights don't look like that.

You dont need cooperation, maybe in wwe where moves are glamourized. You just need to overpower him at the right time, thats why big moves are for last

[quote=Skitzo Control;845712]THEY ARE NOT REALLY FIGHTING! Ugh... Mick Foley, again, Hell in the Cell? When he was "Chokeslammed" through the top of the cage, and the chair FELL on him, it fell 15' on him, and it knocked him completely unconscious. Now, imagine a person actually swinging that and hitting somebody in the head. Swinging a chair, a person can easily force it to reach the terminal velocity of a falling object, which would normally cause a severe concussion.

And don't even bring up Sabu when he never has and never will even compare to what Mick Foley has done. All I gotta say is: Hell in the Cell. If you're even going to talk about hardcore pro-wrestling, know your ****, you ignorant ****.

How can you even argue against me? Have you ever watched them punch people? Open, loose hands, stomping while they hit to add effect. They also practice "bumps." Do you realize there are SCHOOLS for wrestling? Do you know why? So people can be TAUGHT how to fall, how to act when they get "hit", and so forth. A lot of these schools also double as *gasp* acting schools! Ever wonder why "Hulk Hogan," "The Rock," "Kane," "John Cena," etc. appear in movies? Because they are ACTORS. Good heavens, I don't understand how you can't get through your skull.
---
*edit* Look, when accidents happen, they happen, and people really do get injured, but it's all by accident. My biggest problem is you're so dumb that you can't look at this from any logical point of view and realize that this stuff is as scripted as the fights you see in Star Wars.

Here's a perfect example (sorry, I know a lot about Foley's career, and this is a perfect opportunity for you to realize it's all scripted):
Back in the "Monday Night Wars" between WCW and WWF, announcer Tony Schiavone told viewers who was going to win the match between The Rock and Mick Foley (or, at the time, Mankind), because he already knew. Isn't that a little... I dunno, revealing?

foley sucked cock to get where he was at

Nitro was live while Raw was taped a week earlier, gee I wonder how they got the results.

About the chair, you only want to incapasitate him not kill him

Quoted post: You dont need cooperation, maybe in wwe where moves are glamourized. You just need to overpower him at the right time, thats why big moves are for last

You're an idiot. You can't pull of most of the big moves without cooperation from your opponent. You just can't. And even if you couldn't you wouldn't. Which probably explains why you don't see a lot of those flare moves in mixed martial arts of basically any other real fighting style.

Posted by TimeSkipz

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;846266]You're an idiot. You can't pull of most of the big moves without cooperation from your opponent. You just can't. And even if you couldn't you wouldn't. Which probably explains why you don't see a lot of those flare moves in mixed martial arts of basically any other real fighting style.

I don't mean like an FU or Chokeslam. I mean like say a powerbomb, piledriver, or a ddt

Posted by TimeSkipz

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;846266]Which probably explains why you don't see a lot of those flare moves in mixed martial arts of basically any other real fighting style.

You do, it's harder to perform because of the gloves plus the fact that there are no rope brakes, no pins, no time to rest if you want the judges favor. Wrestling is tought but I admit MMA is a hell of a lot tougher

Powerbomb and ddt's aren't exactly big moves. They're only "big moves" when they've got a ****ty name attached to them. And good luck pulling off a piledriver on a conscious opponent. Their hands and head are right near your dick, one good headbutt/punch and you're down for a minute or two. And really, if your opponent is already unconscious and you're actually able to pull of a piledriver you're just wasting your time and energy.

Might as well stomp his face into a curb if you want to send a message. Much easier and more effective.

Quoted post: You do, it's harder to perform because of the gloves plus the fact that there are no rope brakes, no pins, no time to rest if you want the judges favor. Wrestling is tought but I admit MMA is a hell of a lot tougher

Man... why am I even wasting my time. Just... wow.

Posted by TimeSkipz

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;846295]Powerbomb and ddt's aren't exactly big moves. They're only "big moves" when they've got a ****ty name attached to them. And good luck pulling off a piledriver on a conscious opponent. Their hands and head are right near your dick, one good headbutt/punch and you're down for a minute or two. And really, if your opponent is already unconscious and you're actually able to pull of a piledriver you're just wasting your time and energy.

Might as well stomp his face into a curb if you want to send a message. Much easier and more effective.

wow... have you even been reading this, I just said you don't want to kill the **** guy. Lol who headbutts your dick? Gays

Quoted post: Lol who headbutts your dick? Gays

So if someone was going to beat the living **** out of you and possibly cripple you you're just going to take it because "lol eww that's his penis and that's for gays"? Makes sense!

banned