Zelda of the Wii

Posted by hellen4you

I want to know if the Zelda game for the wii is any fun because if I win the contest or not one day I'll get one and I'm curious as to what people are saying about it. Is it any good?

Posted by Alastor

Twilight Princess or Link's Crossbow Training?

Twilight Princess is good, but I thought the GameCube version was better. Never played Link's Crossbow Training.

Posted by Colonel

I own Link's crossbow training, and I own Twilight Princess. TP is phenomenal, so to answer your question; yes.

Link's crossbow training is really addictive for like 2 weeks, but once you have all platinums it's balls.

Posted by Bebop

TP is the worst Zelda there is but it is better than the GC version of it. Can't speak for Crossbow but it seems quite lame.

Posted by Alastor

[QUOTE]TP
[quote]worst Zelda there is
[quote]better than the GC version

Cataclysmic levels of failure detected.

Posted by Dexter

Get the game. It's good. I don't see how the Game Cube version is better. Get the Wii version. Game Cube is so yesteryear.

Posted by Alastor

Because it doesn't have unnecessarily forced waggle controls. The Wii version doesn't have any perks over the GameCube version. It'd be a different story if the sword actually responded to specific movements or if there was some new content or something.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Alastor: Cataclysmic levels of failure detected.

TP is awful. Stop kidding yourself.

Also superior to GC because sword isn't all that bad, better aiming and able to hold more items on screen duh duh duh.

EDIT: Oh and the fishing controls. They were neato!

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Bebop: TP is awful. Stop kidding yourself.

Brilliant reasoning.

Exactly what about it was bad? It was better than a ton of other Zeldas.

[quote]Also superior to GC because sword isn't all that bad, better aiming and able to hold more items on screen

WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE!

Come on, the entire port was nothing more than a forced gimmick to get some easy sales.

[quote]duh duh duh.

hurr hurr

Posted by Dexter

But sounds come out of the controller. That's neat!

Posted by Alastor

...Well, yeah.

I was holding to this "the sound quality sucks" bit, but I think the Wiimote I was using at the time had a full volume setting, which is bad. Makes all the sounds way too crackly.

Posted by Linko_16

I've never played a Zelda game I haven't enjoyed, so choosing one to call the worst (besides spin-offs like Crossbow Training) is a tough pick. I admit that TP is one of the candidates, though that doesn't mean I didn't like it, merely that it held the least amount of win for me in relation to others. Other than that, perhaps Minish Cap, or maybe Oracle of Ages (for some reason I always liked Seasons a ton better).

Posted by Bebop

[QUOTE=Alastor;844436]Exactly what about it was bad? It was better than a ton of other Zeldas.

Aside from the reason already stated it brought nothing new to the series which has always been a tradition for Zelda games. Dungeons were re-hashes and bland. Also very easy (hey here's the solution for the puzzle in the next room!), bosses too. Hyrule field was crap. No sense of danger from the story. OOT had less characters in it but it felt but like there was a threat. For Christs sake Hyrule Market didnt need to be that big. Shops wre spaced out among pointless numbers of NPC. Did I mention the dungeons were lame, easy and re-hashes of past ideas? Horseback sword fighting was a gimmick and Hyrule Field was rubbish. Wait, did I mention that the dungeons were the worst from any Zelda game and actually more of a chore to complete? Snow house and Sky Palace of whatver easily get the trophies for ugliest, dullest levels.

Posted by Alastor

...I was going to actually respond to that until I noticed that the OP hasn't even logged on since making this thread.

Posted by Ant

Sky Palace was pretty hard in my book. :/ As was the water temple.

And keep in mind we've all played tons of Zelda games before it. For people who haven't played another Zelda before this one I'm sure it was quite a challenge.

As for the differences between the Wii and GC ones. That's negligible. I personally prefer the Wii version since that's what I first played.

Posted by karateteen14

I really like TP on the wii. I thought it was way better than the GC version.

Posted by princesszelda

zelda rockz

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

Whoever thinks TP was just a waste of time has already achieved epic failure

seriously, it's got more challenging dungeons than most of the other zelda games(like the Lakebed temple, ice mansion, or even city in the sky),and they are not complete rehashes. hyrule field was ridiculously huge, but that just gave it more interesting places to put the puzzles. the market wasn't that ridiculous though. In fact i didn't really care about the size. anyways, this game is definitely worth buying, unless you have already beaten it.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Aeroshadow5098:
seriously, it's got more challenging dungeons than most of the other zelda games(like the Lakebed temple, ice mansion, or even city in the sky).

I thought the dungeons were farely easy in TP. The Lakebed Temple had an incredibly easy mini-boss and boss. Both didn't take me more than 4 mintues to kill both time I finished the game and the overall temple was rather easy. You just had to figure out which door was the right one in the main room, but that could've been resolved by trial and error. The Ice Mansion did give me a lot of challenge though. I have to say that this was the hardest dungeon of the game and definitely one of the hardest step I've had to complete in a Zelda game so far. But the City in the Sky was pretty much "Go forward, hook up to a couple of targets and step on a couple of switches". No challenge there at all. And the other temples were about the same.
All this to say that I doubt TP was more challenging than over Zelda games.

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

ok, maby i was exagerating just a bit too much, but you got to admit, the most challenging zelda dungeon you've ever went through is the ice mansion in TP

but still, TP was really fun. I especially loved the Cave of Ordeals.

Posted by Xero

Never found the Cave of Ordeals :(

Posted by Alastor

It's in the back corner of that desert. There's a huge pillar looking thing sticking up that you should be able to see from a mile away. That's the missing piece to the Bridge of Eldin. Warp it back to its rightful place, return to where you found it in the desert, and there'll be a hole where it used to be. Go in, and there you go.

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

Cave of Ordeals was pretty tricky at first, but soon i was able to do it without using blue potions and magic armor.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Alastor: It's in the back corner of that desert. There's a huge pillar looking thing sticking up that you should be able to see from a mile away. That's the missing piece to the Bridge of Eldin. Warp it back to its rightful place, return to where you found it in the desert, and there'll be a hole where it used to be. Go in, and there you go.

Ah you see, I moved that big peice back to Eldin, but never came back to where it was in the desert afterwards.
I'll give that cave a little visit tonight. Thanx :)

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

the trickiest part to me in this game is the RollGoal minigame. I got so ****ed off during that game!

Posted by maian

Ice Mansion was easily not the hardest dungeon ever. Clearly, you haven't played Stone Tower in Majora's mask. Definitely the hardest, and most genious, brilliantly designed dungeon we've ever had. Even both of the bosses were relatively hard.