What's the best PS2 game?

Posted by hellen4you

I've run out of games to play, sure I haven't beaten most of them... but I'm stuck in almost all of them and I think I need to start something new to get my mind off of the games. I thought getting a new game would be rather effective.

Posted by Roger Smith

GodHand.

It's a rather difficult game btw. Fun as **** though.

Posted by Old_Snake

Metal Gear Solid 3, simply can't go wrong with that.

Posted by pooper_scooper3

really old snake? you like MGS? wouldn't have guessed. :)

yes MGS is great also kingdom hearts 1 and 2, and Persona 3 is supposedly radical.

Posted by Degeneration

I consider Shadow of the Colossus to be among the best games ever, but I could see someone not liking it. If you can't appreciate the artistic quality of a game, this one's forceful approach will drive you insane at times. Either way, it's an experience like no other. As for the boss battles... You'll say "whoa."

Resident Evil 4 is amazing. I normally avoid horror games, but I let the hype get to me. I'm glad I did, because this game really sets the bar for overall quality in both gameplay and presentation. It freaked me out a bunch of times, too. TMP for life. I don't care what anybody says about that gun.

If you want a fighting game, determine whether you're a Tekken fan or a Virtua Fighter fan. VF fans tend to blindly hate on Tekken, and vice-versa. But Tekken fans are better. Screw VF. "No-nonsense" style? More like "limit the audience to the die-hards" style. Failll. You know what? Just buy Tekken 5. Determining is for chumps.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Tekken is garbage. Might as well just go play DoA, at least you'll have boobs to look at while you're playing a fighter devoid of any skill.

and the best game is MGS3S

Posted by nintendope

hitman! love that game.

Posted by Slade

+1 to MGS3:S, Shadow of the Colossus, and RE4.

Or you could get Okami. All of these are must-play games. If you're looking for mindless fun, I'd suggest either the Ape Escape series or one of the Katamari Damacy games.

Posted by Meno

Yeah,those games are okay. Okami's a good game if you unlock every extra part of it. For Ape Escape and Katamari there's nothin' to say. Instead,you can get Tales of the Abyss. I love that game!

Posted by Granasaber

Mine would either have to be Grandia II (although it isn't a perfect port), Okami or MGS 3

Posted by Lord of Spam

gran turismo

assuming you like cars and are willing to lose a large amount of time.

Posted by X-Potion

Socom. FTW! That game is my drug.

Posted by ZEN

Midway Arcade Treasures 2. It has 'Moon Patrol' (which is pretty much the best game ever).

Posted by Near

Degeneration hit it right on the nose with Shadow of the Colossus, and Resident Evil 4. Both excellent games worth playing. SotC just has that epic feel when it is all said and done, totally awesome.

My personal favorite is Rez. If you havn't heard of this game, look it up, it can be really fun and consume hours of your time if you let it.

Posted by MarioStar

Ratchet and clank?