When are you going to sell this, Jesse?

Posted by Draxamus

WoN is dead, VGChat is dead. When will you give it up??

Posted by Breakman

this was like the coolest site on the internet in 1999

what happen

Posted by David M. Awesome

I think you know the answer to that already.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Idiots that joined and then refused to stop being idiots.

Posted by Skitzo Control

People... maturing? Pshaw, no way.

Posted by mis0

Is there even a market for vgc? People would pay money for this?

Posted by Dexter

I offered 1,000 dollars.

Posted by S

What would you have done with it?

Posted by Dexter

Nothing major. I just don't trust anyone else with it.

Posted by Breakman

vgc/won run by anyone other than jesse smith.......

inconceivable.........

Posted by Dexter

It is. Don't expect it to happen. I already met with him and we talked about it and it's not going to happen anytime soon. Rest assured.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

You think if a girl offered Jesse a "handski" he would give up the site??

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

yeah, this place is pretty much dead nowadays.

I drifted away from here awhile back due too,
1) lack of interest.
2) annoying new members, and immature old ones that thought they were cool.
3) pussy =]

i check in once in awhile to see how the people that i used to frequently talk to are doing.

I barely recognize everyone though, due to name changes etc. etc. =/

Posted by Degeneration

The chats used to be the ****. We'd act stupid regularly, but they were active 24/7 and fun as hell. To see it reduced to a scattered bunch of "does any1 have codes for ps2" comments is a kick in the balls, and I know I'm not alone on that.

I haven't seen the main forum's activity before I joined in '06, so I'll take you guys's's's word that it used to be more than "OH MY LORD I DISAGREE WITH YOUR COMMENT SO MUCH YOU'RE STUPID BLAH BLAH PARAGRAPH"

Posted by Jesse Smith

Rumor has it, I've been in talks with WackoHater who wants to buy da forums for $1337!! I think he'll actually pay to keep da mods from editing his posts!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Or no one but him really knows what 'dead' is!!!! [url=http://www.forumpostersunion.com/]http://www.forumpostersGraveyard.com/[/url] where the forum ghosts go!!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Skitzo Control

Oh well. I'm really not concerned 'cause I have the phone number of most members I really care about.:)

Posted by Jesse Smith

Oh, when you guys get married and have kids, let me know when you sell your first born child!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Posted by muffla

I hardly come back anymore, i check it once in a while and make a post here and there but yea i used to love this site

Posted by junior senior

You come here everyday.

Posted by Dexter

These forums are not dead at all. Far from it. It has been worse. It will have times when it gets worse than it is now. Good times are still in the future. It really does come down to the members who post instead of the forums themself. Some of the members who interests me have been gone for a long time now or rarely post at all, which makes me less motivated to contribute. It simply makes it more difficult to find anything worth contributing towards.

Posted by Jesse Smith

We need more drama!!! The best days were when every one fliped out over another member. *cough*Mod abuse.*cough* :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Then there was da week when Zelda was first released for da N64!!!!! :eek:

[quote=Jesse Smith;841384]We need more drama!!!

Get more furries on the board. :P

Posted by Breakman

Quoting Dexter: Some of the members who interests me have been gone for a long time now or rarely post at all,

then you have the guys like me who go from being nonexistant to posting again

and again

and again

i really wish more of the oldbies were like me and came back to check on the old gal once in awhile

i really, *really* miss zero omega, rockman&forte, peach, and even lugia, as annoying as he could be

i really, really do ;~;

and dave, all the furries here seem to actually *LIKE* each other
it's rather paradoxical

****, you're right.

Posted by Saruman

I used to post all the time back in 03 but this place has sort of lost my interest. I visit every now and then to check what old members are posting. But other than that I wish we could go back to 03.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Breakman: then you have the guys like me who go from being nonexistant to posting again

I fursonally don't know who you are. I speak of members like Raptor.

Posted by G-Sides

members come and go :S the new members here suck because the 13/14 year olds who play video games now suck. i can barely take having my headset on in xbox live games because of how annoyed i am by the kids. there are the social retards who can make themselves cozy by posting places like here. some of them are awesome and some of them blow ***. the majority of the new members just happen to blow ***.

IF THAT MAKES ANY SENSE

edit: i know breakman, i remember him from longlonglong ago.

Posted by Breakman

Quoting Dexter: I fursonally don't know who you are. I speak of members like Raptor.

you wouldn't know me unless you were here a *long* time ago or happened to catch me in the one-week-a-year or so i always come back. I've seen you many times during those treks, but never actually met you. Anyway, I was just jabbering, I didn't expect you to know me.

yeah, the thing is, new members that the board is possibly 'meant' for--gamer kids just like many of us were when we first joined here, i myself being 13 at the time--are such a world apart from us now, it's difficult to coexist very well. When this board first came into existance from the old text boards, at which time I came in, I was, if I remember correctly, one of the youngest here even. We were all SNES kids and Genesis kids and even NES-and-before kids and currently wading through the n64/ps1 generation and awaiting the braaaaaand new ps2 etc etc. -- kids here now, the new ones that are roughly our age when we first joined, doubtfully know, for the most part, that anything before the ps2 even exists.

and back then, it seems like it was a smaller and more tight-knit community--then after the vgc/vgs split a bunch of new guys seemed to come in over here that fit quite well and everything was just pretty dandy for awhile. I dunno what it is, but it seems less frequent that 'good' new members come as time goes on, though that could just be us getting older and losing touch to greater and greater extents with the younger crowd.

I miss people. But I've met some really awesome guys I never even knew before just in the last few days of posting here again. I think the thing to realize is that as we all get older, on the internet anyway, not only do people we liked randomly disappear, but generally we lose touch with the younger people that are, in a sense, 'inheriting' our little e-hangouts and such from us. We're supposed to 'get lives' and not spend as much time sitting around our old places, though it's fun to come back once in awhile. And sometimes, it can be pleasantly surprising--meeting some new people that you didn't know about that happen to be great, or maybe running into old friends again. But, the fact is, we're getting older, less connected to the generations forthcoming that are to 'replace' what we used to be as we roll on to achieve 'real life' success and spend less time messing around online. Remember when I said how a lot of people we really like "disappear"? Yeah, that's part of it.

It may not be appropriate to call a place 'dead' when it's really 'us getting out of touch with it', though admittedly VGC is far less lively than I've seen it at many points in the past (though far from 'dead', even still); my little rant is really more about 'the internet in general', anyway. But keep in mind that for a grade-A nerd such as myself, stuff like this is extremely difficult to admit. I could still go a long, long time sitting around the internet as my most prominent pastime and would love very much to meet new people, make new friends and maybe reunite with some old ones.. but we gotta admit that things change, and as we love to reminisce about the good ol' days, a lot of new kids are coming in and CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING their equivalent of what we cherish the most from the past, and we should respect that--and try our best to enjoy what we *do* have, now, even if it's not everything we miss so much from back then.

Even if it's really difficult sometimes.

I have no idea why I just made such a long post about that, but yeah :dance:

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting G-Sides: the new members here suck because the 13/14 year olds who play video games now suck. i can barely take having my headset on in xbox live games because of how annoyed i am by the kids.

er, remember, all you guys were once like them, 13/14 year old kids!! The current ones probably do da exact same stuff you guys did when you were kids!!! Back in the 90s...all da oldies were what you guys today would call n00bies, MAJOR n00bies!!!! You just got a little more mature over da last 10 years!!! :D:D:D

:eek: Am I saying members here can mature!! :eek:

er, we need more immature members here!!!! Members like WackoHater!!! :D:D:D

er, why havn't I got more mature??!! er, cause I'm wacko!!!

[quote=Jesse Smith;841519]er, remember, all you guys were once like them, 13/14 year old kids!!

No, I've always been 19.

HAHAHA YOU DON'T KNOW WHO I AM :cookie:

Posted by Dexter

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/Goldendexter/VGC/AbandedVGCLogo.jpg[/IMG]

Remember this image? This isn't the first time people thought VGC was dead.

Posted by G-Sides

Quoting Jesse Smith: er, remember, all you guys were once like them, 13/14 year old kids!! The current ones probably do da exact same stuff you guys did when you were kids!!! Back in the 90s...all da oldies were what you guys today would call n00bies, MAJOR n00bies!!!! You just got a little more mature over da last 10 years!!! :D:D:D

:eek: Am I saying members here can mature!! :eek:

er, we need more immature members here!!!! Members like WackoHater!!! :D:D:D

er, why havn't I got more mature??!! er, cause I'm wacko!!!

lulz well i know it's not impossible to mature but most of the kids here get too butthurt when they're flamed for being morons and leave. that's all i'm saying :cool:

Posted by Poco

Quoting Dexter: I fursonally don't know who you are. I speak of members like Raptor.

fursonally? are you being ironic?

Posted by s0ul

Did Vampiro die?

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

Quoting Jesse Smith: We need more drama!!! The best days were when every one fliped out over another member. *cough*Mod abuse.*cough* :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
:eek:

<------------ for mod

i believe it was fergie that said "no no drama, i don't want no drama"

Posted by JonMB

Hey it's Y2K. This is Troopa. Hello there! :D

Posted by Kent Traffic Cop

The reason for the demise can be blamed on the 1337 Generation.

Today's young gamers are growing up with 1337 and this causes them to act like idiots - yesterday's Idiot Children (myself included in that) pale in comparison to today's 1337 Idiot Children.

It's an infection without a cure... (unless we ban all under 15s from the internet - Jesse, snap to it b*tch).

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting David M. Awesome: Get more furries on the board. :P

Get more furries on the board.
More furries on the board.
Furries on the board.
Furries.

Posted by phlynthe

Quoting Degeneration: The chats used to be the ****. We'd act stupid regularly, but they were active 24/7 and fun as hell. To see it reduced to a scattered bunch of "does any1 have codes for ps2" comments is a kick in the balls, and I know I'm not alone on that.

I haven't seen the main forum's activity before I joined in '06, so I'll take you guys's's's word that it used to be more than "OH MY LORD I DISAGREE WITH YOUR COMMENT SO MUCH YOU'RE STUPID BLAH BLAH PARAGRAPH"

The activity has been in steady decline for the past few years.

Posted by Fragliche

The idea that VGC would ever be owned by anyone other than Jesse is ridiculous.

I've noticed the decline of the past seven years, just for the fact I'm only active for four or five months, then disappear, and return anywhere from five months to a year later. But, as it's been mentioned before, VGC has seen worse.

If VGC ended, I don't think I'd miss it much, just for the fact anyone I considered a "friend" left ages ago, or I quit talking to because they became quite the unusual fellows (Roger, to name one :cookie:) that I just can't see myself talking to them.

Lurker out.