Nintendo Power Okami Review

Posted by Big Boss

And just when you start making sense of the world...

Play Magazine 9.5 out of 10
Electronic Gaming Monthly 91.67 out of 100
GameSpot 9.0 out of 10
IGN 9 out of 10
GameTap 9 out of 10
1UP A
GamePro 4.5 out of 5
Nintendo Power 7.5 out of 10

Posted by David M. Awesome

Nintendo doesn't like third party games, didn't you know?

Posted by Shade

Probably because the game was better on the other systems, due to how blatantly inferior the Wii is. Duh. Nintendo Power is not to blame for this ridiculously low score.

Posted by Ant

*** I hope that is a joke.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Big Boss;840741][FONT=trebuchet ms][COLOR=yellowgreen]And just when you start making sense of the world...

Play Magazine 9.5 out of 10
Electronic Gaming Monthly 91.67 out of 100
GameSpot 9.0 out of 10
IGN 9 out of 10
GameTap 9 out of 10
1UP A
GamePro 4.5 out of 5
[SIZE=10]Nintendo Power 7.5 out of 10[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Why do you still listen to these poor excuses for video game critics? Not one of those magazines or sites know what the fuck they're talking about. Nintendo Power sucks, grats on your discovery.

Posted by Bebop

HOLY **** THE WORLD WILL END OMG NOOOO

Seriously who cares?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

RELEASE IN EU TBC!!!! :mad:

[QUOTE=Speedfreak]Why do you still listen to these poor excuses for video game critics? Not one of those magazines or sites know what the f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]ck they're talking about.
So where do you get your opinions from?

Posted by Degeneration

[quote=Nintendo Power review]Okami is a work of genius, but you should play the original game instead of the Wii version if you can.

If you say so, Nintendo. With this one gone, my Wii game wishlist is now 50% smaller.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Nintendo no longer publishes Nintendo Power themselves, so they're free to say whatever they want, I guess.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Speedfreak: Why do you still listen to these poor excuses for video game critics? Not one of those magazines or sites know what the fuck they're talking about. Nintendo Power sucks, grats on your discovery.

I only listen to reviewers if they give a great score to a game I haven't heard about, as that would catch my interest. In this case, it surprises me to see Nintendo Power giving a lower-than-the-norm score to an otherwise well received game, which was worth pointing out.

Posted by Zeta

They said the PS2 version was better.

Posted by Alastor

It's not the first time they've said the same game was better on another console, if I recall.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Big Boss: I only listen to reviewers if they give a great score to a game I haven't heard about, as that would catch my interest. In this case, it surprises me to see Nintendo Power giving a lower-than-the-norm score to an otherwise well received game, which was worth pointing out.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=The X;840780]RELEASE IN EU TBC!!!! :mad:

So where do you get your opinions from?

...where do I get my opinions from?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Yeah, what websites/magazines do you read?

Posted by Speedfreak

I've stopped reading mainstream sites for reviews altogether, I haven't read a magazine for ages. IGN, Gamespot, Kotaku...none of those sites really seem to suit my tastes or opinions. Though I do read Kotaku daily for news, I never pay attention to their reviews.

I've been reading game design books and learning how games work, I've been forming my own opinions on the games I own. The cool thing is once you start to see how games work you get a lot of insight to the game just from reading the rules.

I do read some of Tim Roger's reviews, though I don't always agree the guy's writing style is hilarious. Same goes for the Zero Punctuation guy, except I disagree with him pretty much all the time. I enjoy some of Gamasutra's articles on game design. That's about it.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Yeah, Yahtzee is hilarious, but he's way too harsh. I don't think he really believes half the hate that comes out of his mouth for those games he reviews, though, so I can forgive him.

Posted by David M. Awesome

Of course not, it's his gimmick.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Prince Shondronai;841932]Yeah, Yahtzee is hilarious, but he's way too harsh. I don't think he really believes half the hate that comes out of his mouth for those games he reviews, though, so I can forgive him.

It's not the stuff he doesn't like so much as the stuff he does. He'll flip out over not being able to repeatedlly do the lamest part of Burnout Paradise yet he loves the whole of Paper Mario. He's great at details but misses the bigger picture most of the time.

Posted by Unite

They removed the ending credits and epilogue from the wii version.

Posted by cigarandyak

lame...i love this game. couldnt wait for it to come out.