Super Smash Brothers Dojo: Rest In Peace.

Posted by maian

Eleven months. For eleven months, we have been checking this site nearly every day, goggling over every update. Getting angry at some, awe stricken by others, and some would just plain make us laugh. It's been a good run. We have Super Smash Brothers Brawl now. I still find myself saying when I turn it on, "I can't believe I'm playing this game." It's raised our hype so much, given us so much to be excited about, and it's finally meeting its end.

Frankly, it's late, so I don't feel like typing much! But this is a tribute, and an unknown cry of thanks to Masahiro Sakurai for giving us one of the greatest ways to wait for a game. Thank you, Sakurai.

Posted by Stalolin

Thank ***.

I still kept checking the site even after all of the interesting stuff was gone from it. Now I'll never have to view it again.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting maian: Eleven months. For eleven months, we have been checking this site nearly every day, goggling over every update. Getting angry at some, awe stricken by others, and some would just plain make us laugh. It's been a good run. We have Super Smash Brothers Brawl now. I still find myself saying when I turn it on, "I can't believe I'm playing this game." It's raised our hype so much, given us so much to be excited about, and it's finally meeting its end.

Frankly, it's late, so I don't feel like typing much! But this is a tribute, and an unknown cry of thanks to Masahiro Sakurai for giving us one of the greatest ways to wait for a game. Thank you, Sakurai.

Couldn't have said it better. I stayed up until 3 AM many a night waiting for the updates, and even on school nights, the first thing I'd do when I woke up was check the update.

Simply waiting for this game was actually fun in and of itself. Absolutely one of the greatest websites ever conceived. As maian said, sometimes I can't even believe that it's finally here--that I'm actually playing the game I spent so long waiting for.

I shall always remember thoroughly scanning new stage and character screenshots, hoping to find some hidden information that might've slipped out in them.

I shall always remember gleefully repeating the newly-posted music for upwards of an hour.

I shall always remember the rage I felt when the game was delayed until February.

I shall always remember the urge I had to strangle the next person I saw when the game was delayed again until March.

The mountain ranges I shat when Pokemon Trainer was announced shall not be forgotten.

"SKRAAAAAAH!", "(laughs)", "If you haven't held it in, it'll be a cute little poot.", "What are you putting it away for? Use it! People tend to make fun of Ganondorf for this.", and all of the other wonderful comments Sakurai has given us shall forever be etched into my memory. Sakurai shall forever be The King of Trolls.

It made us laugh; it made us cry.
It made us **** our pants in happiness; it made us rage furiously.
It made us say, "YOU ARE GOING TO BE THE BEST GAME EVER!"; it made us say, "****, I stayed up for THAT?!"

Thank you, Sakurai. You shall be missed.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

I'll never forget the l cancel in the demo's

and how I ****ed my pants when I found out sonic was in the game, ****ed them hard

and how I ****ed my pants some more when I found out it was online

and how I ****ed my pants when it was delayed :mad:

every morning checking updates before going to work, good times, good times

Posted by Alastor

Above Sonic, Olimar, Wi-Fi, all of that stuff, Pokemon Trainer was by far the most surprising update to me. I would've been more surprised if they had deconfirmed Sonic, I didn't really care about Olimar one way or the other (though he's a pretty cool guy now that I've played with him), and I expected Wi-Fi. Pokemon Trainer came out of ****ing NOWHERE.

Posted by maian

I still think one of my favorites was the triple Snake update.

Posted by Borealis

It's not like he's ****ing dead.

But! R.I.P. O, brawlicious dojo

Posted by Zeta

The tears won't stop.

Posted by Linko_16

[quote]■Brawl’s director, Masahiro Sakurai, provided the voice for King Dedede.

Mind = blown.

Seriously, though... Goodnight, sweet prince.

Posted by The Judge

I remember eagerly wanting to know all day at work, and then rushing home to check. Good times.

Posted by Red

I found myself getting ****ed off more than being happy. (the delay, was aggravating as hell!)
Sakurai, you bastard...I love you.

Posted by Breakman

i shed a magnificent tear of anger, sadness and joy

it caused a fissure when it hit the ground in which i curled up and pondered the fact that brawl has been out for an entire month and the world has not ended

i was very torn

Posted by David M. Awesome

[IMG]http://www.freewebs.com/davidmawesome/outsource/FabulousDedede.jpg[/IMG]

This is how I'll always remember Sakurai now.

Posted by Pit

thanks for nothings stupid ****ing website
[spoiler]jk guys, i checked that **** like every 2 hours hearing the music... oh what lame times i've had[/spoiler]