There Will Be Blood?

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

"Drainage! Drainage, Eli, you boy. Drained dry. I'm so sorry. Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!"

Is it possible for a movie to be down right terrible but the actor in it is so amazing you like the movie?

But...

Bill 'The Butcher' Cutting > Daniel Plainview

Posted by Old_Snake

I actually really enjoyed the movie, not as good as some people did from the level of praise it's gotten, but overall I enjoyed it. Especially the last scene, which jumped from funny to grim so fast it was very sobering.

Posted by TimeSkipz

I`ve abandoned my boy!

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

Quoting Old_Snake: I actually really enjoyed the movie, not as good as some people did from the level of praise it's gotten, but overall I enjoyed it. Especially the last scene, which jumped from funny to grim so fast it was very sobering.

Yeh the ending is perfect... check this out from IMDB

SPOILER: "The script originally ended with Plainview bludgeoning Eli to death with a tumbler, instead of a bowling pin, and then throwing his body through the bowling pins into the cellar beyond. Once on set, it was changed to the slightly less graphic version seen in the film."

Posted by Old_Snake

Quoting Y2kMISFIT: SPOILER: "The script originally ended with Plainview bludgeoning Eli to death with a tumbler, instead of a bowling pin, and then throwing his body through the bowling pins into the cellar beyond. Once on set, it was changed to the slightly less graphic version seen in the film."

Interesting, I'm actually glad that they changed the ending, that sounds slightly too over the top for the film. I could be wrong, but the scene seemed to match the otherwise realistic feel of the film

Posted by Bebop

[QUOTE=Y2kMISFIT;839439]terrible

'There will be blood' is an amazing film. Try watching it next time.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

Quoting Bebop: 'There will be blood' is an amazing film. Try watching it next time.

Try reading the post next time. And don't quote one word, quote the whole sentence fool.

"Is it possible for a movie to be down right terrible but the actor in it is so amazing you like the movie?"

THATS WHY I PUT A QUESTION MARK AT THE END, AND THAT IS WHY I AM DRINKING YOUR MILKSHAKE ALLLLLLLL UP

I was trying to start a discussion because (oh my!!?) some people here might actually agree with that statement!?
I was asking a question due to the fact that I have heard and read (yep theres other message boards on the inter-web) that people praise the actor but not the movie. In my opinion, I love the movie and everything about it.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Y2kMISFIT: Try reading the post next time. And don't quote one word, quote the whole sentence fool.

"Is it possible for a movie to be down right terrible but the actor in it is so amazing you like the movie?"

THATS WHY I PUT A QUESTION MARK AT THE END, AND THAT IS WHY I AM DRINKING YOUR MILKSHAKE ALLLLLLLL UP

I was trying to start a discussion because (oh my!!?) some people here might actually agree with that statement!?
I was asking a question due to the fact that I have heard and read (yep theres other message boards on the inter-web) that people praise the actor but not the movie. In my opinion, I love the movie and everything about it.

You said the film was terrible but that you liked the main character. And it's not a bad film. Not that hard to understand. Try making your opinion on it clear instead of contradicting sentences.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

When you ask a question it doesn't mean you agree with it? Are you a little slow?

So asking that automatically means I dislike it?

So if I ask "..Do you think Hitler was a sexy man?" You automatically assume I am ghay for him?"

Does the question-mark have a different meaning in Europe that I am not aware of?

Can I have an apology for your stupidity? (Now thats a question I agree with!!)

Posted by Dexter

Best film of 2007. Best director ever.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Y2kMISFIT: When you ask a question it doesn't mean you agree with it? Are you a little slow?

So asking that automatically means I dislike it?

So if I ask "..Do you think Hitler was a sexy man?" You automatically assume I am ghay for him?"

Does the question-mark have a different meaning in Europe that I am not aware of?

Can I have an apology for your stupidity? (Now thats a question I agree with!!)

You were implying the movie was awful and was salavaged by the main character when in fact it was awesome to begin with. Seriosuly what part of this do you not understand?

Posted by Ant

is there blood or not?

Posted by Dexter

There's some, but it's not really a big deal. The drama is where it's at. Maybe Dream Theater will use quotes from this film someday as well.

Posted by Borealis

I'm just intrigued by the intense enthusiasm for delicious milkshakes.

Posted by Old_Snake

Quoting Ant: is there blood or not?

Yes, there will be blood.

Oddly enough, I really don't understand the title. It implies there will be some bloody battle, which there really isn't. I guess Oil! sounded to silly for this day and age.

Posted by Bebop

It doesnt mean a bloody battle. Just blood. Blood of the land? Blood between people? The motives and actions of Plainview? I think the name is supposed to be quite ambigious.

Posted by Old_Snake

Quoting Bebop: It doesnt mean a bloody battle. Just blood. Blood of the land? Blood between people? The motives and actions of Plainview? I think the name is supposed to be quite ambigious.

I know it doesn't have to mean that, but when I hear the phrase, a far more serious, bloody thing comes to mind. Maybe it's just me in that case, but I still think the main reason for the change was Oil! sounds a bit cheesy in todays movies world.