Any good FREE MMORPG's?

Posted by hellen4you

Any good MMORPG's?And and good FPS games?

Posted by Breakman

*Good
*Free
*MMORPG

"Choose two", as they say.

But really, there are a few decent ones--just usually the more decent it is, the more likely you're going to have to pay money to truly enjoy it. Take for example Mabinogi, which would have been just about the best Korean MMO I've ever laid eyes on, but then you realize that to continue to level after playing for a few weeks you pretty much have to become 'reborn' as you get the most skill points at a younger character age (you age one year every real life week) and eventually stop gaining any altogether until you become reborn again.

Dream of Mirror Online is a really good fairly new one, but it becomes ridiculously difficult to level super-suddenly at around 20-25. And playing the Bard class made me extremely depressed; you pretty much HAVE to use a macro program to constantly use your songs while you sit in the middle of a monster room, and go AFK for a few hours, if you hope to keep your sanity. And doing that for several HOURS one day WITHOUT DYING with my party constantly pulling mobs gained me, like, one level in the mid-late 20s. That SUCKED.

FlyFF is generally a crappy/buggish MMO but I tried it for the 2nd or 3rd time with a group of friends a few months ago and it was actually incredibly fun. I guess a group of friends can make almost any MMO like this fun--but after about level 50-60 (whenever it is you change into your final class) the enemies SUDDENLY have like 5x more HP around that level but only give very slightly more EXP than enemies below them-- this sudden dip in exp-gaining is a trend that kills most Korean MMOs, it seems.

And Maple Story, of course, though it's ridiculously grind-intensive and STARTS OUT with level difficulty (at least there's no sudden drop like most MMOs, at least as far as I got) is fun to play sometimes, just for the charm factor. And there ARE priva-- well, I dunno if I'm allowed to talk about that here, but... welll, it's a free game more or less anyway, right? *shrug*

And then there's stuff like Gunbound that's fun for a pastime but not really mmo-like.

As far as FPS, yes, Team Fortress 2 is awesome-- oh, wait, you mean free? I dunno, lol. I know the guys who made Gunbound are working on a free online FPS called 'Wolf Team', but aside from that I can't really help you. Oh, there's a pretty nice THIRD person shooter around called Exteel where you play as robots, though-- might wanna try that.

Posted by Lord of Spam

No. Want quality? Pay for it.

most mmos are less than or around $15 a month. Thats fifty cents a day. If you cant afford that, then I really have to question how you can afford a computer.