Custom Firmware

Posted by Stalolin

Good *** this stuff is sexy. After not touching my PSP for years because I had 2.60 and couldn't downgrade (wasn't willing to go and buy GTA to do so) I left it alone for two years. And then I found it again, grabbed the AC adapter and booted it up. Same old 2.60, but I went looking online to see what the new firmware gave to the PSP. Wound up finding a site that told me I could downgrade to 1.50 through 2.71, did that and now I've upgraded to 3.51 M33 and I couldn't be happier.

The newer custom firmware allows you to get everything that Sony releases with their updates, so I can still enjoy things like custom wallpapers and the Internet browser AND boot into 1.50 to tinker with homebrew things. A lot of homebrew stuff is available for 3.xx as well, but they haven't updated things like SNES emulators in over a year, so booting int 1.50 is necessary. They've got custom firmware all the way up to 3.90, so if you're a fan of Skype, or just want a bunch of Internet radio.

Though, if you're new to homebrew then PLEASE be careful if you decide to update to a custom firmware. If you don't follow directions you'll wind up with a dead PSP pretty fast, and I don't see people new to homebrew having a Pandora's Battery handy.

anyways! anyone else tried custom firmware yet?

Posted by TimeSkipz

Pandoras Battery can make your psp spontaniously combust. I'd say go for it, more features so sure

Posted by Apathetic

Klarth and velvet were huge on that crap. Im still on regular 3.40, got any ideas how i can get down to 1.50 stalolin?

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Apathetic;841853]Klarth and velvet were huge on that crap. Im still on regular 3.40, got any ideas how i can get down to 1.50 stalolin?

Use this handy chart!

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/OMGZERGRUSH/firmware_changeability_chart_v371.png[/IMG]

Look up the Lumines exploit and see what you can find about it, because you're going to need 1.50 to make a Pandora's Battery and I doubt you've got a friend who has one.

Posted by Zelda_Guy

Hey I'm 13 and I got my PSP on day 1. I got bored of it later when I upgraded to 2.71 when it first came out so I downgraded to 1.5 and now I have CFW on it. I have emulators and homebrew on it. I then just bought a PSP Slim and made my own Pandora BatteryStick and have CFW now on my PSP Slim. Anyone can do it and it is well worth it.

---Edit---
If you really want I can lend you mine but you have to pay me the shipping costs and a deposit that I will give back to you just so that I know you will give back my Pandora.

Posted by Shevanel

[quote]Hey I'm 13
[quote]If you really want I can lend you mine but you have to pay me the shipping costs and a deposit that I will give back to you just so that I know you will give back my Pandora.
haha

If I had a larger memory stick I'm sure I'd still use my PSP for all kinds of ****. However, considering I can barely fit a single ISO on as it is, I don't really bother with it anymore. I'm not enough of a frat boy to enjoy most of its library.

Emulators and the like, on the other hand...

Posted by Apathetic

Any tuts on how to dump your own games onto comp? And yeah google, but I would like a place thats at least decent so i dont splode.

Posted by Zelda_Guy

i know how. go on youtube and search psp dumper. You need a hacked PSP for this. Then after you dumped it go to USB mode and move the ISO image on to the computer! TADA

Posted by Shevanel

SILENCE, YOUR BALLS HAVE YET TO DROP

[url=http://www.psp-hacks.com/psp-dump-umd.php]This guide[/url] contains all you need to know.