gays have no rights

Posted by Foppy D

Gay people deserve no rights because they're no different than anyone else. Just because they want to have sex with those of the same sex doesn't mean they should receive anything special. They should get married because they are just normal people. If gays are considered any kind of social group then someone with a perverse fetish should get special rights. Those middle easterners who masturbate by sticking a metal rod in their pee holes deserve as much respect as a gay person because they are not special, the only difference is they have sex with people of the same gender.

They should allow "gay" marriage to make way for heterosexual marriage, so, for example, two male roomates can share the tax benefits.

Fags sure are annoying though.

Posted by Iris

I agree. Sexual preference ought to be the least interesting and important detail of a person. There's nothing significant about it that warrants different rights than anyone else.

On that note, gays with no personalities bother me to no end.

Posted by Speedfreak

Who's to say it's not a fetish?

Posted by Hyperactive Poster

Do you know how stupid your post is? The only right Gays ask for is the right to marry like anyone else.

Posted by Iris

I think you missed the point, man. :(

Posted by Roger Smith

Wow, I was gonna post here and talk about the topic, but Hyperactive Poster already did it for me.

Darn it.

Posted by Poco

this is the best thread

Posted by junior senior

yes, just because it was made by foppy d

Posted by Lord of Spam

Straight couples can marry any person that matches their preference, provided both parties agree. Gays cannot, based solely on their sexual orientation. First person to explain logically and reasonably why this is NOT discrimination wins the prize.

And dont give me the "gays can marry any person of the opposite gender argument; its niave and misses the point entirely. Also invalid is the argument that homosexuality is the same as beastiality/pedophilia etc. Homosexual acts are consensual acts between two of age, nonimpared adults. Thats all thats being considered here, and it fails to draw parallels to anything else commonly mentioned as a detraction.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Foppy D: Gay people deserve no rights because they're no different than anyone else. Just because they want to have sex with those of the same sex doesn't mean they should receive anything special. They should get married because they are just normal people. If gays are considered any kind of social group then someone with a perverse fetish should get special rights. Those middle easterners who masturbate by sticking a metal rod in their pee holes deserve as much respect as a gay person because they are not special, the only difference is they have sex with people of the same gender.

They should allow "gay" marriage to make way for heterosexual marriage, so, for example, two male roomates can share the tax benefits.

You clearly don't believe what is written in the Declaration of Independence, which is essentially the fabric upon which this nation and all it stands for was created. What it says is this:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness."

I'd say that granting homosexual couples the same rights given married couples is firstly a matter of fixing an existing inequality, and not to do so is to deny them liberty. I refrain from using the term "marriage" because it is an institution of the church, and as such, I don't think the state should be able to force churches to recognize homosexual marriage. However, for the state should grant civil unions in which all rights married heterosexual couples get (ie: hospital visitation rights) homosexual couples get.

It's people like you, Foppy, who hate freedom and hate this country. It really is a shame closed minds don't come with closed mouths.

Posted by Shade

Comprehension get. Preferably of the "reading" variety.

Posted by TimeSkipz

[quote=Hyperactive Poster;839220]Do you know how stupid your post is? The only right Gays ask for is the right to marry like anyone else.

Gays: MOAR COCK I WANT TO BANG EVERY GUY EVER! COMMUNISM BECAUSE IT BRINGS THE COCK TOGETHER

Straight: Moar tits I love a hawt woman, after I bang her I think I'll help out the American Economy

Posted by mis0

Quoting Shade: Comprehension get. Preferably of the "reading" variety.

I did read it. He's says they don't deserve any special rights, which is fine. He acts like there is no inequality, which is bull****.

Posted by Fate

Well, the way I'm interpreting it and knowing Foppy's posting style, he's saying they don't "deserve" anything because whatever they "deserve" they should already have, right? Marriage isn't a religious thing anymore!

I'm sure Foppy knows about the inequality bit, too.

Posted by Hyperactive Poster

How do they have it? Civil unions are not the same as Marriage. Besides not having kinship, and parental rites, the term marriage itself means a lot, and there is no reason that they should not be able to attain said title.

And also, the post was not even comprehendable, it looks like he was going in one direction, and changed it completely. It was the first part I was attacking because it had no validity.

Posted by Iris

[quote=Fate;839364][COLOR=skyblue]he's saying they don't "deserve" anything because whatever they "deserve" they should already have, right?[/COLOR]
[quote=Fate;839364][COLOR=skyblue]because whatever they "deserve" they should already have[/COLOR]
[quote=Fate;839364][COLOR=skyblue]should[/COLOR]
The post made sense, it's just not particularly blunt. Besides, I'm sure you understood the following posts and what everyone feels.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Lord of Spam;839309]Straight couples can marry any person that matches their preference, provided both parties agree. Gays cannot, based solely on their sexual orientation. First person to explain logically and reasonably why this is NOT discrimination wins the prize.

Marriage is an invention by women specifically to trap men into relationships. It has no utility for homosexual couples.

GIVE ME MY PRIZE.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Speedfreak: Marriage is an invention by women specifically to trap men into relationships. It has no utility for homosexual couples.

WHERE ARE MY MEDALS

fix'd.

Posted by Poco

anybody who responded seriously to this thread is an absolute moron, and is proving that vgc takes jokes too seriously

To anyone who posted here, this thread is a honeypot, or a "moron trap". whichever term you perfer.

Posted by netman

gay marriage is cool in canada and we havent self imploded because of it! :o

Posted by Bebop

Fags eat poop

EDIT: Spam, Mis0: way to not get the point of Foppy's post. Sorry I can't give you anything though. I gave all my gold stars to the other retarded kids.

Posted by TimeSkipz

[quote=Hyperactive Poster;839504]How do they have it? Civil unions are not the same as Marriage. Besides not having kinship, and parental rites, the term marriage itself means a lot, and there is no reason that they should not be able to attain said title.

Create for them a new style of marriage because the style I believe you guys are talking about is the good old Christian way right, the churches condemn homosexuality ( they contradict themselves if you watch the video bohemian grove on youtube ).

Posted by WillisGreeny

One argument I heard against gay's being allowed to marry involved same genders being unable to produce children, which is what the tax breaks were intended for. How about hetero couples without kids? hmmm, maybe the current marital status is a little too presumptious?

Posted by Iris

[quote=TimeSkipz;839855]Create for them a new style of marriage because the style I believe you guys are talking about is the good old Christian way right, the churches condemn homosexuality ( they contradict themselves if you watch the video bohemian grove on youtube ).
shut up.

Marriage may be a Christian creation, but to have it acknowledged by the state means that it must be protected under the constitution.

Posted by Shade

Marriage (or at least an equivalent) was around before Christianity, methinks. **** them.

Posted by Fate

"Style" of marriage? You guys act like religious marriage is sanctimonious or something. This thread sucks.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Bebop: Fags eat poop

EDIT: Spam, Mis0: way to not get the point of Foppy's post. Sorry I can't give you anything though. I gave all my gold stars to the other retarded kids.

There is a pretty big implication in his badly-worded post, and that is that homosexual currently have equal rights. But guess what? They don't. I understand and actually agree with his stupid point, that no one is going to argue with anyway, which is that homosexuals don't deserve any additional rights.

Whether he thinks homosexuals currently have equal rights or not doesn't matter; if he can't type up is thoughts coherently, that's his problem. And you're the moron for overlooking a huge assertion on his part, which when compared with the facts, can be shown to be untrue. Looks like you earned yourself a gold star, buddy.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Speedfreak: Marriage is an invention by women specifically to trap men into relationships. It has no utility for homosexual couples.

GIVE ME MY PRIZE.

You win this round, sir. *prize*

Posted by Shade

[quote=miso]There is a pretty big implication in his badly-worded post, and that is that homosexual currently have equal rights. But guess what? They don't. I understand and actually agree with his stupid point, that no one is going to argue with anyway, which is that homosexuals don't deserve any additional rights.

Whether he thinks homosexuals currently have equal rights or not doesn't matter; if he can't type up is thoughts coherently, that's his problem. And you're the moron for overlooking a huge assertion on his part, which when compared with the facts, can be shown to be untrue. Looks like you earned yourself a gold star, buddy.

Quoting Foppy D: Gay people deserve no rights because they're no different than anyone else. Just because they want to have sex with those of the same sex doesn't mean they should receive anything special. They should get married because they are just normal people. If gays are considered any kind of social group then someone with a perverse fetish should get special rights. Those middle easterners who masturbate by sticking a metal rod in their pee holes deserve as much respect as a gay person because they are not special, the only difference is they have sex with people of the same gender.

It seems that you're the only one who thinks he can't type his thoughts coherently. I see no implication. Which means that you're arguing with everybody over an implication that isn't there, and actually do agree with the whole point of his post?

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING

Posted by mis0

Quoting Shade: It seems that you're the only one who thinks he can't type his thoughts coherently. I see no implication. Which means that you're arguing with everybody over an implication that isn't there, and actually do agree with the whole point of his post?

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING

[quote=Foppy D]They should get married because they are just normal people.
That implies that gays have equal rights. They don't. See where I'm going with this?

I'll spell it out so where crystal clear:

Foppy says gays don't deserve special rights. I agree! He says they should get married like normal people, implying that they do, in fact, have those same rights! They don't in most states. Understand?

Posted by Shade

Since when does the word "should" mean "can"? That's what I'd like to know.

That statement implies nothing other than that they should have equal rights.

Posted by mis0

If he had said "should be able to", I'd agree with you. "Should" in that context can mean "they have said right to do so, therefore they should."

This is why I think his post is badly written.

Posted by Shade

Nope. In that context it means "should be able to."

You're seriously dishonoring the image of Mia Fey here.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I argee with Miso, that Foppy's post is confusing.

"Gay people deserve no rights because they're no different than anyone else."

Ok, I've heard George Carlin's reasoning for why noone has rights, but I'm not sure if Foppy is referring to the same reasoning or not.

"Just because they want to have sex with those of the same sex doesn't mean they should receive anything special. They should get married because they are just normal people."

I see the usage of the word normal implying gays have equal rights. Normal people = same rights according to Foppy, which with what Miso is saying really isn't the case.

"They should allow "gay" marriage to make way for heterosexual marriage, so, for example, two male roomates can share the tax benefits."

Now, this is confusing. At first, the message was Gays should just get married with equal rights like everyone else, later becoming gay marriage is something entierly different than normal marriage. This is only a divide I've seen made by those arguing against gay marriages. Maybe if gays were allowed to marry in the first place, his argument would actually make sense, but they can't. Then again, maybe it's my fault for not knowing who Fobby is before reading his post, and he's saying the opposite of how he really feels. Either way, there's still an inconsistency. It's almost as bad as most of my posts...

Posted by Shade

[quote]"Just because they want to have sex with those of the same sex doesn't mean they should receive anything special. They should get married because they are just normal people."

I see the usage of the word normal implying gays have equal rights. Normal people = same rights according to Foppy, which with what Miso is saying really isn't the case.

I see the usage of the word normal implying not that gays have equal rights, but that just because they have a different sexual preference doesn't mean that things should be so different for them and that they're still just people.G iven the next part of the paragraph, this makes sense.

Posted by Iris

Psst, Foppy was being ironic. You're all wrong.

Posted by Shade

We're not arguing his meaning anymore. Just the wording. Hush up.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Shade: Nope. In that context it means "should be able to."

You're seriously dishonoring the image of Mia Fey here.

I'm reading what he actually wrote.

*facepalm*

Posted by Iris

What's significant about the wording if you know the meaning?

ex: Shade has nice hair

Some one who knows me or your hair can understand the sarcasm behind it, but debating 'THE WAY SHE WORDED IT IMPLIED THAT I HAVE NICE HAIR' is pointless if you already know what I meant.

This dumb argument's obscuring the real focus here, guys, that gays should be mutilated and hanged.

Posted by TimeSkipz

[quote=Iris;839949]shut up.

Marriage may be a Christian creation, but to have it acknowledged by the state means that it must be protected under the constitution.

Thats why I said create a new way for them to get married.

Posted by Iris

There is a new way, it's called civil unions, and they aren't as good.

How old are you?

Posted by Shade

HOLD UP HOLD UP

Are you saying I have bad hair?

Posted by Iris

...some one had to muster up the courage to tell you! Sorry. :(

Posted by Shade

It's alright, I understand... :(

My barber on the other hand... man, he's ****ed.

Posted by TimeSkipz

[quote=Iris;840123]There is a new way, it's called civil unions, and they aren't as good.

How old are you?

Heh I mean a real marriage

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting TimeSkipz: Heh I mean a real marriage

Like, getting married at age 20 inorder to experience sex without banishment to Hell? Idk...

Posted by Foppy D

Yeah my post didn't make a lot of sense.

I was just saying that gays should be able to get married because gays aren't a race. They're not a gender. They're nothing special. They are just people who want to smash other of the same sex. Same reason metal-pole-masturbators deserve to get married.

But now that I think more about it, I don't know if it's such a great idea because heterosexual same-sex marriage could get abused.

I also find it funny how you all (mis0) can argue with each other not about the topic of my post, but on what I meant by my post as if I'm some kind of ambiguous storyteller.

Posted by Foppy D

P.S. smash means f***

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Quoting Iris: I agree. Sexual preference ought to be the least interesting and important detail of a person. There's nothing significant about it that warrants different rights than anyone else.

On that note, gays with no personalities bother me to no end.

the flamboyant ones who look weird and act flaming in public to get attention are more annoying than the ones with no personalities. But I guess that applies to heterosexuals, as well.

Posted by Iris

I thought those were the ones with no personalities...

Posted by Slade

There are cool gay dudes, and then there are the gay dudes who want you to refer to them as "Queen Bitch."

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Foppy D: Yeah my post didn't make a lot of sense.

I was just saying that gays should be able to get married because gays aren't a race. They're not a gender. They're nothing special. They are just people who want to smash other of the same sex. Same reason metal-pole-masturbators deserve to get married.

But now that I think more about it, I don't know if it's such a great idea because heterosexual same-sex marriage could get abused.

I also find it funny how you all (mis0) can argue with each other not about the topic of my post, but on what I meant by my post as if I'm some kind of ambiguous storyteller.

It sounds as if you're saying you're not really ambiguous or anything.

But then again you're really ambiguous so I guess there's propably a hidden message there or something.

Posted by Foppy D

Yeah, there is. The first column of letters forms the word forms YIPBIK. Look it up you DBs

Posted by Breakman

what if you have a robot fetish

Posted by misogenie

If Adam and Eve said "F@k off Satan!" then they would understand our Father's true experience of eternal love, and that having your own children and watching them grow up as young adults who would never age over 30 years old. Adam and Eve would still be alive today to see that this pleasure of eternal love is watching all these families grow up with very intelligent minds and athletic bodies. Supernatural technology (Father's magic of creation) would make human technology look like a kindergarten. We would still be one non-evil super race of people. I don't think the holy spirit of Jesus is powerful enough to change all gays to become straight overnight knowing that Satan is secretly using his evil power to deceive everyone. :mad: :eek:

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=misogenie;842971]If Adam and Eve said "F@k off Satan!" then they would understand our Father's true experience of eternal love, and that having your own children and watching them grow up as young adults who would never age over 30 years old. Adam and Eve would still be alive today to see that this pleasure of eternal love is watching all these families grow up with very intelligent minds and athletic bodies. Supernatural technology (Father's magic of creation) would make human technology look like a kindergarten. We would still be one non-evil super race of people. I don't think the holy spirit of Jesus is powerful enough to change all gays to become straight overnight knowing that Satan is secretly using his evil power to deceive everyone. :mad: :eek:
:insane:

[SIZE=+2]"All I Ever Really Needed to Know[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]I Learned in Kindergarten"[/SIZE]
~~Robert Fulgham

Adam and Eve could say ****?

Posted by Foppy D

If "gay marriage" becomes nationally legal, then what's stopping two heterosexual male or female friends or roomates benefitting from the tax breaks and security pluses?

Posted by WillisGreeny

What's stopping two friends of the opposite sex in pulling off such a tax scheme?

Posted by Foppy D

Quoting WillisGreeny: What's stopping two friends of the opposite sex in pulling off such a tax scheme?

well they would be married, so therefore the "wife" would be forced by nature to nag the "husband" until his face fell off only people who are either having a baby together or are intrigued by having sex whenever they so choose would want to suffer that.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Foppy D: If "gay marriage" becomes nationally legal, then what's stopping two heterosexual male or female friends or roomates benefitting from the tax breaks and security pluses?

The fact they aren't married or in love. I mean I liked my house mates and all, getting tax off stuff is fun and dandy to me, but there are some things I won't put in my mouth.

Posted by misogenie

Christians know there is a spiritual warfare between Creator versus Satan. It seems Satan's gay body-switching technique has imprisoned female souls in men's bodies and male souls in female bodies. I think our Creator did not stop this body-switching technique to see if Christians forgive and respect them. I find this body-switching technique could help heterosexual couples really understand each other's sexual exploratory feelings. :cool: ;)

Posted by billards

Enter Billards: Says something really republican and conservative. Billards Leaves. Good day!

Posted by O.T.L

Finally got my cable up so I have been watching a lot of MTV latelly because I hear there is a lot of garbage, and there is.... Thank you....

No really I was watching a show on MTV and I don't remember what its called but it goes like this: the parents hate there son/daughters boyfriend/girlfriend and they both enterview a bunch of guys/girls so that they them choose two of them to go on a date for their son/daughter, and well I have never seen a show where gay/lesbians got to go on dates with other gays/lesbians.

I was surprised because I had never seen that before but then it was just like watching the rest of their episodes. I have a lesbian friend and I don't really see her as lesbian its like she's straight, but occasionally she will surprise me when she sees a pretty girl and trys to holler. Idk just thought I'd share that.

I'm cool with gay people in the open, its what they do behind the scenes that gets me, but then again what straight people do behind the scenes is gross too. So everyones equally disgusting.

Posted by Zaith

You'd think with our country being built on tolerance and understanding of our fellow man/woman, that we would stop being such *******s and just realize people are different and yet were all the same.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: You'd think with our country being built on tolerance and understanding of our fellow man/woman

America is built on Christianity also.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I think our country was more so built on the concept we didn't need Britain's king anymore, and that taxes made enemies.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Society changes. Conservative elements in society, nearly be definition, resist that. In societies where the conservative traditional values win, stagnation generally leads to decline. In those that value innovation and are open to new ideas, things tend to progress naturally.

Its pretty obvious what will happen. The only question is how long will it take.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: America is built on Christianity also.

hahahaha no. Thats a common misunderstanding based on the fact that pretty much nobody can be arsed to know their own ******* history.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Rich people from Europe wanted to run things without the old aristocrats *****ing "We're nobles, we rule". Wasn't that basically what happened, aside from all the "taxes without representation", which stemmed from the denied citizenship to British parliment stuff? I hope I'm in the ball park about that. Money gains power...that's what America (if not all countries) are built from.

Posted by specopssv44

Quoting Lord of Spam: Society changes. Conservative elements in society, nearly be definition, resist that. In societies where the conservative traditional values win, stagnation generally leads to decline. In those that value innovation and are open to new ideas, things tend to progress naturally.

Its pretty obvious what will happen. The only question is how long will it take.

hahahaha no. Thats a common misunderstanding based on the fact that pretty much nobody can be arsed to know their own ******* history.

you got it backwards bro. liberal "innovation" and "new ideas" tend to weaken society. being open and excepting of everything leads to complacency. I agree that new ideas help societies survive, but gays being accepted as normal and **** like that isnt what im talking about. You wanna talk real progress, create a new superweapon.

hahaha, military.

Posted by Foppy D

if two men can get married then what's stopping me from marrying a dog or my couch or another inanimate object?

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Quoting Zaith: You'd think with our country being built on tolerance and understanding of our fellow man/woman, that we would stop being such *******s and just realize people are different and yet were all the same.

somebody must have slept through the chapters in early American History involving Indians, Slavery, Witch Trials, Catholics, Immigrants, Mexicans, Women's rights in the colonies, etc etc etc

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting specopssv44: you got it backwards bro. liberal "innovation" and "new ideas" tend to weaken society. being open and excepting of everything leads to complacency. I agree that new ideas help societies survive, but gays being accepted as normal and **** like that isnt what im talking about. You wanna talk real progress, create a new superweapon.

hahaha no.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: hahaha, military.

sadly, seconded

Quoting Foppy D: if two men can get married then what's stopping me from marrying a dog or my couch or another inanimate object?

show me a dog capable of sentient thought. then you can marry it. if it wants you. which isnt likely, since you're ****ing retarded.

Posted by Foppy D

Quoting Lord of Spam: show me a dog capable of sentient thought.

why would I want to marry anything/one like that?

Posted by Fate

Wow, Foppy, if you're not offended that hardly anyone remembers your biting sarcasm, I am FOR you. :/

Posted by Foppy D

why would I be offended?

How dare you MFers not fully comprehend my aberrant sense of humor!

Posted by WillisGreeny

I'm not liking you because of other people since I'm highly impressionable. It's just like HS.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Foppy D: why would I be offended?

How dare you MFers not fully comprehend my aberrant sense of humor!

Quoth Speedfreak,

"WHO THE FU[color=#33FFCC]CK ARE YOU[/COLOR]?"

If I remember him you should remember him.

Posted by mis0

I only remember people who had pretty distinct personalities. This Floppy guy? Not so much.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I just remember it because I was like 14 at the time. So saying "lol more like FLOOPPY D AMIRITE" was the height of humor it seemed

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

JS had a crush on him and he lived near me. S'all i remember

Posted by junior senior

Quoting Foppy D: if two men can get married then what's stopping me from marrying a dog or my couch or another inanimate object?

http://www.closeronline.co.uk/RealLife/Reallifestories/sex-with-car.aspx?dateonline=Monday%2019%20May%202008

Posted by Foppy D

Yeah see, I wasn't making a comment implying that everyone should know me or something. It was more of a sarcastic remark referring to how not very many people at all understand what I would make a joke about on here.

Kind of the same reason I didn't really come here for about a year or so...

Posted by Foppy D

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: JS had a crush on him and he lived near me. S'all i remember

HEY F YOU MAN, WE WERE BUDS!

Posted by Aleksandyr

Quoting Foppy D: Gay people deserve no rights because they're no different than anyone else...

Please explain to me how this topic starter makes any sense. We deserve no rights because we're like everybody else?

I could say I agree, but I think you lose the point in your argument. The special privileges we're fighting for are the privileges that heterosexual couples take for granted...specifically common law and its affiliation with benefit packages. So, in essence, we're not demanding for much more than the basics of the straight world.

Unobservant twit.

Posted by Fate

You don't deserve any rights because you should already have them. Nobody knows how to read between lines anymore, jeez.

Posted by Speedfreak

That makes no fucking sense, Fate!

Posted by Fate

It makes perfect sense. Think of it like this... A black man shouldn't go around saying he deserves the same rights as a white man because he should already have them. The concept of "deserve" really has to be paid attention to, because that black man didn't do anything to be worthy of "deserving" the same rights; the only difference between him and the white man would be his skin color. In my personal opinion and my knowing of Foppy's vagaries in posts, that's pretty much what he meant.

Posted by Shade

Christ, I don't even know anything of Foppy's "vagaries" and I gathered that much.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Fate: that black man didn't do anything to be worthy of "deserving" the same rights

I'm not sure I quite understand what you mean there...

Posted by Shade

As in he has them inherently and doesn't need to go about deserving them.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Let me explain it:

gays shouldn't say they deserve the same "exact" rights as streight people because what they are asking for is to be able to marry the opposite gender, something inwhich they can already do.

...Or atleast that's Fate's thinking of what Foppy was getting at....or my thinking of what Fate was thinking of what Foppy was getting at...ah **** this thread.

Posted by Fate

No, it's that they should inherently have the ability to marry since marriage became part of the legal system, a right that everybody [that is American, at least, since other countries already beat us to the punch] should have full access to. When you "deserve" something, you actually have to do something other than just be black, gay, a woman, etc. Whether it be negative or positive, the concept of "deserve" is being completely overlooked here. It's not rocket science, just semantics.

Foppy is an intelligent individual who likes to play with people and their ability to read between lines to fully comprehend his cryptic speech.

In other words, what Shade said.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Perhaps if "deserve" only meant merit, then I'd be comprehendable. The law system has put a set of qualifications to marriage; qualifications that may go against the persuit of happiness for certain people inwhich our laws are suppose to prevent. Since the Declaration of Independence points out what men are entitled to, people are deserving of what they want that makes them happy, and if the law goes against what they "deserve" they have the right to seperate. If laws are preventing a group of people from achieving happiness, they ARE being denied something that was promised to them to be unalienable, denying something they "qualify" for, something they deserve.

Foppy's attempt at pointing out some kind of misusage of verps isn't witty if it's NOT being misused.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

http://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/endowed
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/endowed

"to provide something freely or naturally"

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/deserve
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/reward%5B2%5D

therefore, people are not ENDOWED for something which they DESERVE. "...That all men are created equal. They are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights. Among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

To endow is more like to bless, or bestow upon someone. It's something given as a gift, that isn't earned. Stop arguing.

I would be inclined to say, IK, that the word you are looking for is "entitled" to. You can't "deserve" something just by existing.

Posted by Fate

Thanks, Bj, I'm glad I can depend on someone to understand.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I had no idea Foppy was capable of such things (no offense dude).

Posted by Shade

Marriage is a religious institution, so gays shouldn't be able to get married unless they can find a priest willing to perform the ceremony and church willing to accommodate them.

My opinion.

Posted by Iris

Then comes the separation of church and state argument over federal acknowledgment of marriage in any form.

Posted by Shade

That's a farce. Separation of church and state would mean that marriage could only be a religious institution, since the state couldn't meddle with the sacraments.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

as long as the government gives tax breaks/incentives and banks give loan preferences to married couples, it will always be a religious and federal matter

Posted by Fate

I say that once a religious ceremony becomes part of the federal government, the right becomes inherent to all members of the country it takes place in. If gay people want to get married, then they should have full rights to by law. However, I do respect religious institutions, so if gays want to get married I would hope that they respect their own religion's views and not fight a church to get married in it. If all were as it should be, society would only allow straight marriages with no federal involvement like tax breaks and the like, or everyone would have the option to get married regardless of gender and reap the full benefits of tax breaks.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Since the intention of the tax breaks was for raising children, congress should change all the fiscal laws from "married spouses" to just civil union's with minors. If Religious institutions really want to have a claim over the term "marriage", then by all means, let's remove it from having any place in our fiscal laws and use definitions that don't care whether or not the person is sining with their ***.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

well I'm sure there's more to it than we're giving credit. A 2 parent household is a better environment to raise a child than 1 parent, given normal circumstances. Additionally there's more stability in a 2 parent household, and with that comes more revenue and taxes. I'm sure it helps with crime rates and local economic economy as well (people being tied down to one area tend to spend money in that area). So there ARE many state and federal incentives to encourage people to get married and have children. This has "worked" somewhat for millennia, but this whole "gay" thing does sort of throw a wrench into the works, hah. I can see the validity of arguments from both sides, frankly.

Note I am validating the reason for encouraging "marriage", not specifying whether or not the parents are of the same sex. I can see these arguments promoting same-sex marriage as well. The problem is whether or not religions will adhere to that ideal, which I think they should not be forced in any way.

Posted by Fate

Undoubtedly they shouldn't be forced to or pressured to. I would hope that the gays that do want to get married respect the views of their own religious establishments. Marriage on paper is different from married by church.

Posted by ☆Ezhno☆

Agree with a lot of what has been already been said, and this is perhaps a small bit of a rehash but...

As long as marriage carries with it government created and maintained benefits, it's a secularized institution that ought not be denied to people on the basis of religious objection. A marriage carried out in a courthouse by a judge doesn't have any value over one held in a church by a priest other than the spiritual, so to say that marriage at least in its current form is a purely religious institution is a bit hard for me to swallow.

On thoughts of creating a separate but equal non-religious form of marriage for homosexuals, we already see that civil unions fail in quite a few fields compared to a marriage and that even if they were beefed up there's no reason for there to be a separate institution for homosexuals. We learned back in the 1950s with the African-American Civil Rights movement that Separate but Equal does not work because things don't end up being equal.

Further than that I'm not very interested in arguing it because I hope that enough people will cooperate to make the right a reality in the next 10 years, and an argument on a video game forum isn't likely to speed that process up. I also respect the fact that many people who are opposed to homosexual marriages will still be opposed at the end of the day no matter what I may say to them, so I will leave those with firm opinions without direct harassment of how I disagree.

Posted by Foppy D

I think you all are really gay

Posted by WillisGreeny

go check on your kid...jerk.

Posted by ☆Ezhno☆

Quoting Foppy D: I think you all are really gay

Negative, I am a meat popsicle.

Quoted post: Iron Koala agrees: watashi mo Ezhno san no atama ga totemo ii to omoimasu.

俺様なら、もちろん頭がいいはずだもん!おーほっほっほっほ~っ!

Posted by WillisGreeny

Yeah, I'm sure the Japanese would love to hear that response from a compliment. jerk :p

Posted by ☆Ezhno☆

I'm American; I'll say what I want to, especially in jest and sarcasm.

Posted by WillisGreeny

No need to get bawlsy. I was just hinting to you that I knew what you said.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Foppy D: I think you all are really gay

I hope your kid grows up to be gay. And I mean super gay. Like, fishnet wearing, ball sucking asspoundingly gay.

Posted by ☆Ezhno☆

Quoting Iron Koala: No need to get bawlsy. I was just hinting to you that I knew what you said.

That's good because I actually was just trying to see how much you could read, which in itself seems rather proud and dickish anyway so I just rolled with it.

Posted by Poco

im gay. i hate homos. i really do. im a fudegepacker, and i hate cockloving queermos.

Posted by specopssv44

boin em all

Posted by Poco

after im done sucking cocks at my local gaybar, i usuually get one of the flaming assbandits to come outside with the promise of a cave adventure. i take that ball licking faggot and tie him to the back of my hybrid and drag him all over downtown. i hate gays.

Posted by Foppy D

Quoting Lord of Spam: I hope your kid grows up to be gay. And I mean super gay. Like, fishnet wearing, ball sucking asspoundingly gay.

Well I hope he doesn't.

But as long as he's not a big fag about it then I guess I don't care too much.

Posted by Caer Death

Quoting Poco: after im done sucking cocks at my local gaybar, i usuually get one of the flaming assbandits to come outside with the promise of a cave adventure. i take that ball licking faggot and tie him to the back of my hybrid and drag him all over downtown. i hate gays.

Just as easily, you can disown your kid if they accidentally grow up being a Christian, all confused and whatnot.