Miles Edgeworth: Perfect Prosecutor

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

http://kotaku.com/377663/phoenix-wright-spin+off-features-walking

I can't believe it. They're actually making a prosecutor game! FUUUUUUUUUUCK YES!

Posted by Speedfreak

Can't wait til they run out of ways to do alliteration. JOHN BRUNEL: BRILLIANT BARRISTER.

Posted by Stalolin

HERE'S HOPING WE GET TO FORGE EVIDENCE!

Posted by Shade

So this is what they meant by "Gyakuten not Saiban", eh? Awesome. :cool:

Posted by Big Boss

Awesome! This is one series I don't mind being whored out... just as long as they keep the cases interesting.

Still, here's hoping for a brand new Wii entry at some point.

Posted by Shade

So speculation has it that there won't be any trials in this game.

*weeps*

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

SPECULATION? Oh, that settles it then. No doubts.

Posted by Shade

Think about it. You're playing as the prosecutor this time around, not the defense attorney. You don't need to clear the defendant and then miraculously find a new killer. All you need to do is to investigate thoroughly enough to make sure that your suspect is the real killer. Once you have that knowledge and the evidence to prove it, the court scenes wouldn't be very exciting at all since the court's already on your side. There'd also be no cross-examination, you'd just be kind of... standing there.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The courtroom scenes would still work, easily. It's just a switcheroo of the usual Phoenix situation.

Posted by Shade

Except they would be boring and less involved is my point.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Who's to say they can't use defense lawyer as hardass and willing to bend the truth as the prosecutors in the Wright games? Kristoph Gavin would be a brilliant attorney to use against Edgeworth.

Posted by Shade

Except once in the courtroom there's no real mystery to unravel, you can't cross-examine... idk, just doesn't seem like it'd work very well for me.

Kristoph would be a cool choice, though.

Posted by Kit

SUDDENLY, THE LAW CHANGES to sort of give you something to do, or something.

To be honest, I think walking around is going to mean that there won't be an 'Examine' option either, meaning you'll have to walk around and click near random things on the floor, but the picture form had a lot more to look at, because it used a cursor.

There better be more stepladder conversations!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Shade;840191]Except once in the courtroom there's no real mystery to unravel
[IMG]http://www.court-records.net/animations/edgeworthDA-damage.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://www.court-records.net/animations/edgeworthDA-strained%28a%29.gif[/IMG]
These sprites sprung up a lot in the games, right? Edgeworth stumbled upon almost as many revelations as Phoenix did, even as the prosecutor.

And no cross-examinations? You do know the prosecution can cross-examine witnesses too, right? And that the defense can call their own witnesses? Like I said. The court sections can just play as inverted versions of Phoenix Wright.

Posted by Breakman

edgeworth is very attractive

i highly approve of this

Posted by David M. Awesome

[quote=Breakman;840829]edgeworth is very attractive

*snicker*

Posted by Shade

I'd stick it in his pooper.