Evanescence

Posted by Prince Redon

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]I am not sure about most peoples opinions here, so yeah I may get flamed, but it's my opinion, so deal with it...

I am getting so tired of these idiots talking about Ashley Simpson and Hilary Duff and others like them are great vocalist, yet they think that Evanescence is horrible! I think she has a great voice, 20 times better than Ashley Simpson. I personally get annoyed with all of their songs, but Evanescence has a good sometimes soothing sound to it, compared to this teenage girl pop.

I want to hear others opinion...Who do you think is better?
[/COLOR]

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Well, I don't listen to either Simpson or Duff, but I do ocassionally listen to Evanescence. I actually like them quite a bit. They're certainly not the best, nor my favourite band, but I do enjoy listening to them.

Posted by Raptor

Yeah, my brother played his Evanescence CD when he was visiting here. He's just hardcore like that.

They are hyper-formulaic reprehensible rubbish, and I don't know who Ashley Simpson or Hilary Duff are.

Posted by Xero

I hate these singers that try to look sexy just to sell stuff. Hilary is basically playing in every movie since her last CD and Ashley has her show on Music plus.
Evanescence is a good band. I enjoyed their show last summer in Montreal.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

hey, look at this. another awesome hateXcore thread about pop.

Posted by Prince Redon

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]I'm not making fun of pop, don't get me wrong, I am just saying I think Evanescenc is way better than Ashely Simpson or Hilary Duff. I am not trying to flame pop or either one of them, I am just saying that I personally don't like their voices.[/COLOR]

Posted by Dexter

I saw Evanescence in concert awhile back and I thought they were terrible. Hilary has a much better voice than Amy. At least that's my opinion on this matter.

Posted by Corrupt

Well, of course Evanescence is going to be better when you compare them to the likes of such singers as Ashlee Simpson. That's like comparing a movie from Mystery Science Theater 3000 with another (only slightly better) film, in an attempt to glorify the latter. Just doesn't work, man.

And as for Evanescence, to be honest, I've only heard one song of theirs. And that was, of course, "Bring Me To Life" on 91X when the radio DJs played it once every three songs. I actually liked it at first, but then it got pretty bland the more it was overplayed. I don't actively hate them, even though they seem pretty generic to me. They're fun as hell to mock, though.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Corrupt: They're fun as hell to mock, though.

Yes, they have certainly lived up to their name with how quickly they seem to have faded away, and all. They truly are evanescent. Bwahahaha.

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Prince Redon: [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]I am not sure about most peoples opinions here, so yeah I may get flamed, but it's my opinion, so deal with it...

I am getting so tired of these idiots talking about Ashley Simpson and Hilary Duff and others like them are great vocalist, yet they think that Evanescence is horrible! I think she has a great voice, 20 times better than Ashley Simpson. I personally get annoyed with all of their songs, but Evanescence has a good sometimes soothing sound to it, compared to this teenage girl pop.

I want to hear others opinion...Who do you think is better?
[/COLOR]

I really don't like any of them very much.
Shirley Manson is a much better female vocalist, anyway. In fact, I feel bad for mentioning her in the same post as the rest of those people.

Posted by Raptor

Garbage is at least a thousand times better than Evanescence will ever be.

Posted by Caryatid

I hate Evanescence. Amy Lee's voice is so whiny. And they're really weepy, but not in an emo way. More like a slit-the-wrists way. And they also seem poser-ish, too. So to me, they're like poser goths. *Shudder*

Posted by MetalVox~55

Amy Lee uses a pitch shifter to keep her voice in key. she is not that great of a singer :(

band, musically, sucks. she has a good voice...just not honed.

Posted by TheSecondComing

Quoting Raptor: Garbage is at least a thousand times better than Evanescence will ever be.

Butch Vig is in Garbage... Butch Vig produced Nirvana... hence Nirvana is better than Alice in Chains.

Hey, you said it, not me.

Posted by Klarth

Terrible gothxxxmallcore I listened to when Bring Me To Life was a hit.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting MetalVox~55: Amy Lee uses a pitch shifter to keep her voice in key. she is not that great of a singer :(

Somehow, I doubt that...

I read in an interview that basically, the overusage of the piano and verse-chorus structures (supposedly all the dodgy stuff about the first - well, second album) were created by Ben Moody, and since he left... Anyway, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Bring Me To Life sucked.

And...

For better gothic metal WITHOUT the nu-metal elements, have a listen to Within Temptation. (Or Nightwish, or Lacuna Coil, but the former is power metal, which is sometimes bad, and the latter just gets bland)

Posted by -Shadow-

Yes, I listen to Evanescence when I feel like taking a break from my usual dose of metal, and winding down.

Posted by Dandelion

I love her voice and her music. I have one song of her's that I don't know what it's from..but it's on their live CD from Paris..It's beautiful. 'Isn't someone missing me?'

Posted by Trigger

All three of these performers are horrible, in my opinion. Hilary Duff isn't anything special, neither are any of her songs, Ashlee Simpson just wants to be what he sister is successfully being and Evanescence make you want to slit your wrists by the end of their album. Not to mention that the singer isn't very impressive herself, especially when singing live.

Personally, I hope all three performers jump off a bridge into shallow water and if they live, they should do it again.