Want to buy Rock Band, Europe? $400 please.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=130927

AHAHAHA OH JESUS CHRIST **** I AM GETTING OFF THIS ****ING ISLAND

Posted by Alastor

Come to Eagleland, X. We'll throw you a party!

Seriously, what the **** is this? "Instrument Edition"? Good Lord. I'm so glad I don't live in Europe. Europe's gamers get shafted way too much. :(

Posted by Arcadios

They have better/free health insurance though. :(

Posted by Alastor

But at the expense of the vidya? No dice.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Could just go to Canada if you wanted free health care. Anyway, the launch date coincided with my birthday, so I figured I was going to buy this... NOT ANYMORE

Posted by Alastor

Buy American consoles and import all your **** from here on. :cookie:

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Not worth it. Most of the time we do okay, especially when it comes to the XBox... But recently, this, No More Heroes and Brawl are some really short straws. RRRRRRRGH

Posted by Alastor

You get Mario Kart Wii before us, though!

...By like, A WHOLE WEEK!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

**** you.

Posted by Alastor

You know I love you. ;)

...Back to the actual topic, I've never even played Rock Band. Or Guitar Hero I and II. :cookie:

Posted by Crazy K

That's outrageous. Up here Rock Band costs only $160 or so. I wouldn't mind playing it to see how good I'm on mic and drums.

Posted by Speedfreak

$400 is like 12 quid.

Posted by Shade

Hahaha oh wow is that hilarious.

And to think I actually want to move there in the future! :cookie:

Posted by needle

this is what happens when you drink tea and eat biscuits all day

Posted by Shade

It's crumpets, you dolt.

Posted by Alastor

Sick burn.

Posted by bazariah

well if you do the maths and have a decent import source you could potentially get the game for

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

We shouldn't have to do that poo poo, though.

Posted by bazariah

Quoting The X: We shouldn't have to do that poo poo, though.

i totally agree with you, but as it goes for a cheaper alternative that may be the way to go....

either way we as a continent have allways been shafted be it on pricing, release dates, bonus content or shoddy conversions.. i guess we should just be use to the situations by now

Posted by Speedfreak

In case my previous post wasn't clear enough, it only seems expensive because the US doller is worthless.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Dude, it costs as much as a games console itself. There's no ****ing excuse. Even with 17.5% taxation.

Posted by Degeneration

Behold the official excuse:
http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42720

well see guys it's a really big box and uhh

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=The X;839652]Dude, it costs as much as a games console itself. There's no ****ing excuse. Even with 17.5% taxation.

It's a game for 4 people. It costs the same amount as 4 games. If you want single player Rock Band get Guitar Hero.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Why do you always act as if we're not getting ****ed in the ***? (OH WE GOTTA WAIT A HALF A YEAR FOR BRAWL? THAT'S OKAY!) At the current rate of exchange, Rock Band should be

Posted by Degeneration

But, but, the box, and shipping costs, and...

Posted by Skitzo Control

I don't know if anybody on here would trust me, but if you're in the UK and would like a version of Rock Band, I'd be willing to ship it out to you. That is, of course, if you're willing to trust me with that amount of money... Then again, you'll still have buy the PAL version of the game, so, well, GOOD LUCK! :D

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=The X;839657]Why do you always act as if we're not getting ****ed in the ***? (OH WE GOTTA WAIT A HALF A YEAR FOR BRAWL? THAT'S OKAY!) At the current rate of exchange, Rock Band should be

Posted by Skitzo Control

I don't know a single American group that has split the cost of Rock Band. Most of us have $200 to throw around.;)