Charlton Heston Dead

Posted by Linko_16

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080406/ap_on_en_mo/obit_heston

It always kind of resonates with me when iconic celebrities pass away, especially actors. I can't help but think, "This person was of such great esteem and importance to one generation, but everyone born after this moment will probably grow up hardly knowing or caring who this person is." An eerie reminder of the passage of time.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Don't care if he was a great actor, his work with the NRA ****ed me off a great deal, and I'm not even an American citizen.

Posted by Crazy K

Heard about it last night. Sad. :(

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting The X: Don't care if he was a great actor, his work with the NRA ****ed me off a great deal, and I'm not even an American citizen.

Ditto for me, mostly, I just wanted to report.

Posted by Ant

I found it fairly surprising. Last I saw him at the Oscars he didn't look amazing, but he didn't look like he was about to die either.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Guess he'll be firing his guns somewhere else now :(

Gotta admit though, I did like some of his films.

Posted by Xero

*shrugs*

Posted by Legend Saber

... who?

Posted by Ant

how many times do I have to say this?

"IS...dead"

Posted by Legend Saber

I still don't know who the **** this guy is or why I should care whether he's dead or not.

Posted by Ch

Pff. Guns are for wusses, Heston. Go hunting with a bat.

Posted by Roger Smith

[QUOTE=Ch

Posted by Ant

Quoting Legend Saber: I still don't know who the **** this guy is or why I should care whether he's dead or not.

He was an actor/director of a lot of famous films. I'm not going to bother going through his roles, since I have a feeling it'd be wasted time on you.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Roger Smith: Or with your bare hands.

Now THAT would make him a real man :p:

Posted by Crazy K

He wouldn't have to do anything. Once the prey looks into his eyes, it'll just die.

Posted by Shin-Ra

If he didn't belt out a dramatic one-liner before he died, I'm going to be super pissed.

Quoting Legend Saber: What is google?

[url=http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000032/]Movies[/url] he's been in.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Crazy K: He wouldn't have to do anything. Once the prey looks into his eyes, it'll just die.

He isn't Chuck Norris dude.