Currently Waiting thread:

Posted by Pit

I'm currently waiting for anyone who wants to do 1 v 1. I'm training for a tourney im going later on, part two of it since last week I was unable to finish it. I one my first set and lost my second, and I'm in losers bracket. Double elimination, so who's up.

Posted by S

Though I'd like to, I'm at work. Soz.

Posted by Corrupt

Those were some **** good matches we had, man. :cool: Your Wario, as expected, is absolutely badass, and I was surprised that my Yoshi didn't suck! Hopefully we can play again later today, seeing as I'll most likely be around all afternoon and evening. A friend of mine is coming over too, so maybe he can get some matches in against you. For now, I'm off to lunch.

Oh, and good luck at the tournament! I'm thinking of attending one tomorrow, myself.

Posted by Red

once my wireless router comes in (in about a few days) I'll be happy to do a singles match against almost anyone.

Posted by Alastor

[url=http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=29642]Sup.[/url]

Posted by Iris

Regardless of which thread is better...

I'm on, so some one Brawl me. :cool:

Posted by junior senior

I'm on too!

Posted by Alastor

One's not better than the other, it's just the same thing, isn't it?

Posted by Linko_16

The Smash Bros. Forum needs a chatroom for this sort of thing. Somebody tell Jesse.

Posted by Linko_16

I saw some people on, so David and I are currently waiting in an open room. We'll Brawl with each other for a while, but quit and try again later if it's been too long with no takers.

Posted by junior senior

join me and corrupt

Posted by Linko_16

We can't. Unless I'm the one hosting the room, I can't have another player join me on this Wii.

Iris is in on this one.

EDIT - This match-up has ended for now. Btw, if doing this is a forum is going to work, everyone should make a note in their posts when an offer to fight is no longer valid so we know whether or not to rush off to our Wii's to join.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Corrupt: Those were some **** good matches we had, man. :cool: Your Wario, as expected, is absolutely badass, and I was surprised that my Yoshi didn't suck! Hopefully we can play again later today, seeing as I'll most likely be around all afternoon and evening. A friend of mine is coming over too, so maybe he can get some matches in against you. For now, I'm off to lunch.

Oh, and good luck at the tournament! I'm thinking of attending one tomorrow, myself.

You're pretty boss in Brawl dude. I haven't had that much sweat running down my *** in a while. Your King DeDeDe is giving me good practice, so thanks man. We gotta play more.

I ended up getting eliminated by Cort (expert smash player, faced him first round :(). First match he beat me. P.Trainer v Snake. Got him down to one stock, he beat me. According to the rules, I get either choice of character or stage, so I pick Wario. I'm actually beating his ***, but Snakes neutral A, caught me off guard. So we were both to our last stock, 100% plus each. I shoulda picked Wario from the start, then I would've had a chance. Ivysaur really ****ed me over. I hadn't realized how terrible his recovery was and I got gimped at low damage. By low, I mean, he endge guarded, and Ivysaur like the fag he is, doesn't attach his vine whip to the stage.

My second match, I beat the guy the first round, and since he gets his go at character or stage, he picks Warios counter, which are long range character. So he picks Ike, which I suck at playing Ikes' btw. he beats me the following two. Me like a dumbass, stick with Wario the third round, rather than picking snake, to counter ike :-\. What ****ed me off about the Ike match is that I don't know how his attacks are yet. I kept falling for things that I usually wouldn't do, had I know how the character plays. For example, Ike's down smash, I wasn't aware did wo hits. Like a dumbass, I block the first, let go of my shield, and then the second hit gets me. It just irked me, because this Ike player wasn't really doing anything special and I've played and beaten far further Ike players. Guess today wasn't my tourney day.

W/E, i'm still in the brackets for the tourney that was supposed to happen today. Gonna have to step up my practice now.

Posted by Iris

Corrupt does have a great Dedede. Luckily Zelda rapes big characters. <3

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting Pit: You're pretty boss in Brawl dude. I haven't had that much sweat running down my *** in a while. Your King DeDeDe is giving me good practice, so thanks man. We gotta play more.

Thanks a bunch, man. I'm glad to know that my efforts with Dedede aren't being wasted. :D We should definitely have some more 1v1s soon, and I'd also like to go against Bulb again, as both of you guys are a lot of fun to play against and give great practice. Let's all keep rockin' the heavyweights. Like you guys, I want to get better at Brawl, and I think a good way to start would be playing people either at or above my skill level. Oh, and I wanna go against you again too, Iris! I think my Dedede has actually gotten a bit better since I last faced off against you, though I still have to come to terms with not being able to chaingrab you :( My friend Chris also really wants to challenge you to a Zelda ditto, and seeing as he'll be spending the night over here tonight, you guys'll hopefully get some opportunities to make this happen. MAY THE BEST PRINCESS WIN (haha chris is a fag get it)

And yeah, hope you do well at your next tournament, dude. I know how it is, seeing as I had made my fair share of poor decisions back when I was attending Melee tournies as well. Best of luck to ya.

Posted by Iris

I can go on now if you want!

Posted by Pit

Mario's back, *****es.

Posted by Alastor

You play with Mario?

Posted by Pit

N64 and Melee, yeah. And now also in Brawl.

Posted by Alastor

Right on. He was one of my three mains in Melee. :cool:

Posted by Ant

In Melee is was one of my original mains, towards the end not so much. But in Brawl, idk...just feels way too slow now.

Posted by Alastor

Anyway, I PMed Jesse to add a chat room under the board... But it's Jesse. Don't get your hopes up. :cookie:

Posted by Pit

Quoting Ant: In Melee is was one of my original mains, towards the end not so much. But in Brawl, idk...just feels way too slow now.

Yeah, play with him some more. You'll then notice that Mario is actually around 20x better, since he has phenomenal air games. Not to mention his F smash has more range, and now he has more set up for combos.

Posted by Iris

The fight is on!

...if some one goes on wi-fi. :(

Posted by S

I'm currently waiting.

Posted by Alastor

[url=http://www.vgchat.com/chat/smash_brothers/chat.shtml]lol[/url]

Though I wonder if that was a good idea in hindsight. I didn't realize there'd be so much off-topic banter in there.

Posted by Pit

how does i chat room

Posted by Corrupt

Hey, so I'm finally online earlier than midnight PST, which I'm sure comes as a surprise to some people. Anyone want a match?

Posted by Linko_16

For the chat room, we need, like, a list of proper Brawl invite etiquette on the page somewhere. Like, a link somewhere on that page. Just, like,

1. Report how many spots are open.
2. Keep the info up-to-date; if the spot is filled or opens up again, take a moment in between matches to say so in the chat window.
3. Report when you close the room altogether, especially if your last update reported an open spot.

Simple stuff.

Posted by Pit

currently waiting in 10 minutes, who's up

Posted by Iris

I can come.

Posted by Red

Iris Add me!

Posted by Pit

who wants to get their *** beat?

edit: nvm going to sleep

Posted by Breakman

I just wanna say that just about any given time of the day between roughly 10AM and 2AM EST i could very well be available for a brawl

simply pm (or im) me

I wanna get in on this shiet

*edit* yeah well forget this until i know i'm not gonna lag anymore
i really do wanna play it but i don't want to burden anyone

Posted by S

I'm on and waiting if anyone is around.

Posted by Ant

I have a room open now.

Posted by O.T.L

anty you deleted me .... i want to brawl you

Posted by Ant

it says I require your registration. delete and re-add me?

Posted by Pit

Who wants a 1 v 1

Posted by Iris

Me. :D

Posted by Pit

K ill be on right now

Posted by S

I am waiting. And it is current.

Posted by Alastor

Would've joined you, but I didn't know if you were waiting for someone in particular or not, and I'd been playing for about two hours. :(

Posted by Iris

Going on now. I wish to team battle!

Posted by Pit

which one of you faggots wanna have a match

Posted by S

I'm in.

Posted by Pit

Iris get back on, i got kicked off.

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

Hey if anyone wants to brawl, i'm gettin on in like 10 minutes. just gettin some FCs then i'll be done.

Posted by Iris

Going on now.

Posted by Arcadios

I'm on if anyone wants a match. :x

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

I am currently waiting (H)

Posted by Iris

I can come if you get on AIM.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I'm already coming

LOLOL

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

vamp, we missed you

Posted by Ant

I have a room open.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

****ing mario kart, ****ing projectiles

sorry for the last rounds, I got irritated to the point where I wanted to see how easy it was to win with young link, I didn't really know wtf I was doing :-x

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.3: ****ing mario kart, ****ing projectiles

sorry for the last rounds, I got irritated to the point where I wanted to see how easy it was to win with young link, I didn't really know wtf I was doing :-x

i thought projectiles might irritate you .... so i held back on those ;)

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.3: young link

[quote]young

[IMG]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x65/Dystorce/Reactions/1207182492859.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by O.T.L

i want a match ...

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

I wasn't even talking about you oswaldo, I haven't played you on a while, I was talking about ant

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.3: I wasn't even talking about you oswaldo, I haven't played you on a while, I was talking about ant

i know :) :link:

Posted by Alastor

Bulb, we can play some more later. Old buddy of mine just signed on to AIM for the first time in weeks.

Great matches. I was just dicking around for those first couple, obviously, but I was really trying when I picked TL/Wolf.

Were you trying on that Halberd match or were you just messing around with grenades? Because I kinda suck with Kirby.

...No pun intended.

Posted by Iris

Coming on for 1v1 akshun, Bulb.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

alastor, for the last time, Kris is Pit, KRIS IS PIT >:O

I think he was ****ing around with Kirby, I can't play a snake for ****

I was ganondorf, but I feel like dropping him, I just can't seem to fight against people with projectiles, annoying really :(

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.3: alastor, for the last time, Kris is Pit, KRIS IS PIT >:O

WHOOPS! :kirby:

I don't pay attention to names more than once because I don't expect them to change.

So all of the Snakes were Pit, and both of the Ganondorfs were you?

Weird timing that I didn't start trying until right when you took over, then. :s

Posted by Pit

Quoting Alastor: WHOOPS! :kirby:

I don't pay attention to names more than once because I don't expect them to change.

So all of the Snakes were Pit, and both of the Ganondorfs were you?

Weird timing that I didn't start trying until right when you took over, then. :s

uh huh

Posted by Alastor

Deep post is deep.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Iris, brother left to go add a taunt that said I'm trying to show you something

He kept trying to make you stop attacking, but the moment he pulled out a grenade, you attacked him, and he just wanted you still so that you could see his little grenade trick :P, too bad it didn't work out as planned!

Posted by Iris

D'oh. Well, I knew he was trying to do something, but he attacked when I came near him. If he still wants to show me, I'll go on.

Posted by Ant

it's not blocking or grabing while holding a grenade and dropping and making anyone else drop it if they have a grenade too is it?

oh, and I didn't mind you as "young" link bulb. fun rounds :)

Posted by Ant

oh and I'm on now if anyone is interested.

eh, nvm. regardless, I'll be around.

Posted by Corrupt

So yeah, I'm with Chris and we want some people to play against! Come out of the woodwork!

Posted by Ant

I'll play you guys later this afternoon granted you fags don't team up against me :o

Posted by Corrupt

Sorry about that Solrok, but I disconnected because I had to restart the internet for parental unit #1. Oh, and Chris says that your Lucas is a royal pain in the ass and he DIDN'T WANT to do what he did. BUT YOU GAVE HIM NO CHOICE

[quote=Ant]I'll play you guys later this afternoon granted you fags don't team up against me :o

We can't guarantee that ;) And yeah, logging back on in a few.

Posted by S

I was going to kick his *** with Ike after that... really ****ed me off.

Posted by Linko_16

Solrok, whoever plays on your Wii under the name SAR is a douche with the Bowsercides.

Posted by S

Hahaha, that's me. And it's nothing against you Linko, I wasn't actually trying to get you. Just kinda happened twice. I'm trying to learn Bowser, and Bowsercides are awesome in 1 on 1. You actually killed us both since you struggled. We woulda either landed on the ring or on the huge animal on Distant Planet.

Posted by Corrupt

Haha, thanks for reminding me why I'm not participating in this upcoming tournament, Linko & David! I ****ing suck at team battles :) Regardless, I was having a fun as hell time especially with the 4x Dedede matches.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Ant: it's not blocking or grabing while holding a grenade and dropping and making anyone else drop it if they have a grenade too is it?

oh, and I didn't mind you as "young" link bulb. fun rounds :)

With Snake, first grenade, tap l real quick to bring up your shield and toss a grenade lightly, fast, jump and throw it, and with the second grenade, take it out soon after you throw the first one, and whenever you hit L to drop the second grenade, the momentum on the first grenade stops instantly, so you can control where the first grenade drops, so maybe it doesn't fall off the stage, or simply because if timed right you can have it pop in someones face, so imma keep tryin' that

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Corrupt: Haha, thanks for reminding me why I'm not participating in this upcoming tournament, Linko & David! I ****ing suck at team battles :) Regardless, I was having a fun as hell time especially with the 4x Dedede matches.

NYUK NYUK NYUK NYUK NYUK

Posted by Ant

yeah, and since you fags were doing that I got stuck with OTL. Though he put up a really good Diddy...or I just suck against Diddy. Probably both. :cool:

Posted by O.T.L

you say it like its a bad thing getting stuck with me :( :link:

Posted by Iris

Seriously, those Bowsercides are the most annoying thing ever. No offense, but I'd prefer to play some one with more skill than to hang around the edge and side B instead of actually fighting and not turning everything into a draw when you're 100% behind. Even if it is a viable strategy, it's really lame, unskillful, and annoying.

Posted by Pit

Hey now, that's his way of playing smash. If it's working out for him, why should he stop :(

Posted by Linko_16

Two reasons for me personally: first of all, for those of us who like to take Brawl seriously as a fighting game, we want to see a fight through and do our best to triumph. Having all hopes of a high-stakes showdown aborted because one of the other players feels like quitting and finds it amusing to take someone with him is just poor sportsmanship.

To that you might say that videogames are supposed to be fun, and what's wrong with a few silly antics now and again? To that I say, while the argument about whether Brawl's a fighting game or a party game can rage on, either way, we do actually want to play the game. There's nothing more intensely frustrating than having your playtime cut short, forcing you to just sit and watch the other two finish the fight; if we were interested in watching rather than playing, we wouldn't've picked up a controller. Okay, it's one thing for it to happen once, as an accident or a joke, but it's a giant pain for it to occur consistently. Please respect other players' desires to actually engage in the battle, whether they're in it for fun or sport.

As for 1v1 battles, I would hesitate to use it myself (perhaps only for high-stakes battles if I were desperate to win), but I couldn't exactly blame my opponent. In that case, it's just between him and me, so it's not a move that could needlessly give a third player an unwarranted upperhand, and it is a legitimate strategy to even the odds. That's all it can do: even the odds, or grant a swift win when Bowser is already greatly in the lead. It doesn't destroy one's fighting chance, like it does in 3-or-4-player battles.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

[quote=S

Posted by S

Bowser is part of a tactic I'm working on. I'll explain it more in depth after the tournament.

And Bowsercides in a 1 on 1 are glorious. All Bowser needs to get is a 1 stock advantage and he can Bowsercide someone into oblivion. He's a pretty ****ty character though. Sorry if you guys don't like it, but that's only because it's infuriating when you lose a stock at a low%. I bowsercide mostly when I'm positive I'm going to die, above 80-100%. It cleans the battlefield's slate.

I'm not doing it to be annoying, rather using it as a tactic to win. It's the same in any fighting game. When you keep getting beat by the same move, over and over. It's not the person's fault who's using it, it's yours for not being able to come up with a counter (Doesn't apply on infinites and things of those sort, where player input isn't even a factor.).

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

so far the only infinites I have something against are wall locking and marth + whoever else can infinitely grab ness and lucas to 300+damage and get an instant kill. Due to low stun in so many neutral moves, wall locking is eassssy. I don't have anything against falco's infinite and icies infinite grab + wobbles (too easy to seperate them in this game to even be able to pull of such a tactic, and knowing every characters weight to perfectly match the infinites is even harder). Such an infinite doesn't make icies any better, and falcos infinite is easy to avoid, and no smart player will base his whole strategy around waiting for someone to get in the middle of the stage to get down grabbed until he reaches the edge, then spike, and then jump off someones head.

as for bowser suicides, yea, its part of his game. Solrok, mindgame time, you know you can forward b in the air, and if you do it before landing, he sparkles. You regain a jump and you can do this jumping around infinitely, but you can only do it on a platform or a stage. I noticed that it confuses a lot of players about where you're going and helps a lot to nail attacks. Abusing it can make you an easy air target though. As you said, at high damages, if you're a stock ahead, its great to go for the suicide kill, but it's not very easy even, most people should play against him realizing he's moments away from doing that. Difference is that, I suicide when I have even stocks, low damage, high damage, and even a stock less than the opponent. I just don't suicide the last stock unless I'm at even to drag the match into a sudden death. People get scared when you do it when you're a stock ahead, get scared when you do it at even stocks with low damage, so they play more defensively. Offline they do at least from what I notice, and they don't like getting near the edges since they know I'm not scared to suicide.

Anyway, props Solrok :cool:

Posted by S

Whaaa? I don't get it. You'll have to show me sometime.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

I'll be more than glad to. Just double jump in mid air, halfway going down, just forward B, then just jump again, forward b jump forward b jump. Next time we play, i'll pick bowser a couple of times and show you the little easter egg/glitch. It's fairly easy to do, doesn't require ridiculous timing either. I mention it because if you intend to use bowser, maybe you can use it to your advantage =D, also, in the middle of the infinite jumping process, people sometimes shield thinking you're going to attack, and instead get grabbed by the forward B, its awesome 8)

Posted by Ant

huh. interesting.

Posted by Iris

I think I might head on now!

Posted by Corrupt

Yeah, I'm the only one online now, apparently. Some free-for-alls would be very nice right about now!

...and don't worry, I'm alone. ;) None of this "Chris" bullshit.

Edit: Sorry about that Arc, I actually didn't mean to reject you from the room. :( Come on in!

Posted by Ant

Spoilers: Iris won't leave the room for the night until she wins ;)

Posted by Corrupt

So yeah Ant how do you like my Pikachu down throw pretty cool huh ;););)

Posted by Ant

i fukken lURRRRRRVe it

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.3: I'm going to throw out the perfect comment for this. Don't get grabbed, that claw is easy to see coming, and if its near a ledge, you should be wary of it. There is no way someone can get you with any sort of suicide tactic unless 1) you're being careless or 2) the match is so hectic, he just happen to get you at the right spot. There should be no reason to make a big deal out of this, bowser is already heading straight to be one of the worst characters in this game, right along ganondorf and captain falcon. This is as bad as getting angry at someone who wobbles with the icies. ****ty tactics are will always be ****ty, but sometimes you have to break out of the shell to try to win with ****ty characters ;p

Sadly, you can't really get silly over something like this. I've tried playing with bowser, it isn't easy. In a free for all he dies pretty **** fast, hell, third place seems to be very delicious in a free for all playing with such a character. In a one on one, lol at fast and speedy characters, and the ones sporting projectiles, OH BOY. Same way people feel about the suicide tactics as I feel about projectile spamming. In brawl it spawned to unheard levels, so if it works, do it. I can't see these characters winning without something up their sleeve

To be frank, I disagree with you on more or less all parts here. The grab for the flying slam isn't any easier to see coming than any other move, so unless you can beat anybody without ever being touched, I don't know how you can make that claim. Secondly, I don't consider Bowser to be a bad character by any means. Perhaps from a tournament perspective, any character who can't stand up to a well-played Fox may seem no good, but that doesn't make Bowser totally useless in low-stakes competitive matches.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Linko_16: To be frank, I disagree with you on more or less all parts here. The grab for the flying slam isn't any easier to see coming than any other move, so unless you can beat anybody without ever being touched, I don't know how you can make that claim. Secondly, I don't consider Bowser to be a bad character by any means. Perhaps from a tournament perspective, any character who can't stand up to a well-played Fox may seem no good, but that doesn't make Bowser totally useless in low-stakes competitive matches.

Don't get hit by it. It isn't up to anyone to decide how a player chooses to play his game. Find a way around it and counter. There's nothing worse than someone telling you how you should play just because you can't get around said tactic.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

[quote=Linko_16;847837][COLOR=indigo]To be frank, I disagree with you on more or less all parts here. The grab for the flying slam isn't any easier to see coming than any other move, so unless you can beat anybody without ever being touched, I don't know how you can make that claim. Secondly, I don't consider Bowser to be a bad character by any means. Perhaps from a tournament perspective, any character who can't stand up to a well-played Fox may seem no good, but that doesn't make Bowser totally useless in low-stakes competitive matches.[/COLOR]

It's actually pretty easy to see coming, everyone I've played so far, the claw seems to be an obvious no-go move, its not too easy to pull off, however its claw has other uses due to the easter/glitch.

You're playing a game where you'll either attack and defend, or just defend. It's impossible to just defend everything and not attack and win, so you're forced to attack and defend. Once you start attacking, you're leaving an opponent openings to attack you. Don't get grabbed is NOT the same as winning a match without being touched. No need to go to such an extreme.

It only means change your strats and expect certain things from characters you're facing. Bowser and Ganon can suicide, you should know how to keep the right distance and get in during the right openings. As for bowser not being a bad character, too much startup lag on many moves, he's slow, land lag is hilarious, he's a gigantic target and easy to kill due to his mass, and he has no real projectile to help. Anyone with a projectile will easily hit his big body, not to mention that even when he dodges, he's not as quick as he probably deserves to be.

So perhaps any character who can't stand up to a Fox (why was Fox even mentioned, this isn't melee), Wolf, Falco, ROB, Olimar, Mario, Luigi, Peach, Wario, Metaknight, Toon Link, Ness, Lucas, Snake, Zero Suit, Samus, Sonic, King D3, and probably a lot more, in that perspective, yea, sure he's not a bad character:cookie:

The only edge any bad character has is how good the player is, and if they're able to take a character at such competitive levels, then thats great. Underrated characters are feared in competitive play because a player doesn't know what to expect. Disagree all you want :cool: As for tournament play, if you're picking bowser against fox, you better have an ace up your sleeve, or else you're being silly. Characters with obvious flaws better have a user who's going to make people want to play that character.

Even in your own way you admit to use bowser in a competition where nothing is at stake. Thats the same as saying don't use him when there is something at stake.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Pit: Don't get hit by it. It isn't up to anyone to decide how a player chooses to play his game. Find a way around it and counter. There's nothing worse than someone telling you how you should play just because you can't get around said tactic.

Talking about views on characters = demanding characters be played in a certain way.

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.3: It's actually pretty easy to see coming, everyone I've played so far, the claw seems to be an obvious no-go move, its not too easy to pull off, however its claw has other uses due to the easter/glitch.

You're playing a game where you'll either attack and defend, or just defend. It's impossible to just defend everything and not attack and win, so you're forced to attack and defend. Once you start attacking, you're leaving an opponent openings to attack you. Don't get grabbed is NOT the same as winning a match without being touched. No need to go to such an extreme.

It only means change your strats and expect certain things from characters you're facing. Bowser and Ganon can suicide, you should know how to keep the right distance and get in during the right openings.

I hit people with the flying slam all the time, just as much as any attack I care to use with any character. I don't mean to be argumentative about this, but all I can say is that my experiences with Bowser contradict what you're claiming.

[QUOTE=Dark Bulb 4.3;847867]As for bowser not being a bad character, too much startup lag on many moves, he's slow, land lag is hilarious, he's a gigantic target and easy to kill due to his mass, and he has no real projectile to help. Anyone with a projectile will easily hit his big body, not to mention that even when he dodges, he's not as quick as he probably deserves to be.

So perhaps any character who can't stand up to a Fox (why was Fox even mentioned, this isn't melee), Wolf, Falco, ROB, Olimar, Mario, Luigi, Peach, Wario, Metaknight, Toon Link, Ness, Lucas, Snake, Zero Suit, Samus, Sonic, King D3, and probably a lot more, in that perspective, yea, sure he's not a bad character:cookie:

The only edge any bad character has is how good the player is, and if they're able to take a character at such competitive levels, then thats great. Underrated characters are feared in competitive play because a player doesn't know what to expect. Disagree all you want :cool: As for tournament play, if you're picking bowser against fox, you better have an ace up your sleeve, or else you're being silly. Characters with obvious flaws better have a user who's going to make people want to play that character.

Even in your own way you admit to use bowser in a competition where nothing is at stake. Thats the same as saying don't use him when there is something at stake.

You misunderstand, by that "no high-stakes tournaments," I meant that it's meant to be chock-full of people who are sure to stubbornly use the highest tier characters, and it's not like I'm saying Bowser is *** Tier, so I wouldn't send him in blindly. Hell, if I was sure of who my opponent was choosing, I'd happily go with Bowser often.

Anyway, I'm sure you're tired of me repeating that my track record with Bowser is fine, so the only way I know to continue this argument is for me to use Bowser next time we find each other on WiFi and see how things go.

Posted by S

Christ. All I did was formulate a strategy.

Anywho, my strategy for the tournament (Which failed horribly because of the speed of the matches.) was to play Lucas and Bowser. Bowser supported Lucas with his Flame and Lucas absorbed it at a rapid pace, bringing him from 100% to 0% in mere seconds. Wheras items were not in play, no one else but Lucas could heal. So as long as Lucas was of equal or greater strength than an opponent in playing strategy, he'd be ahead of the game.

After that, Bowser would Bowsacide when his %'s were high and eventually take someone with him to the grave, which would leave Lucas to fight with a clear advantage over the remaining player.

Posted by Alastor

That sounds so dastardly efficient.

Posted by Kamek

anyone game?

Posted by Corrupt

Whooooa, it's Kamek! If you have a friend code, please do post it! I'd love to play you.

2 lonly boyz 21/m/ca lookin 4 brawl

Posted by Kamek

Quoting Corrupt: Whooooa, it's Kamek! If you have a friend code, please do post it! I'd love to play you.

2 lonly boyz 21/m/ca lookin 4 brawl

Without a doubt bro =]. First year of college is finally over, so I have a lot more free time on my hands. We also have some serious catching up to do. I'll edit this post tomorrow night when I go to my basement. I'm wiped after a long night of guitarring (or attempting to anyway). Post yours as well, or if anything I'll check that big thread that's stickied.

Posted by Alastor

[url=http://www.vgchat.com/showpost.php?p=826082&postcount=1]Everyone at VGC's friend codes[/url], Kamek. I'll add yours to that list once you post it.

Add mine, by the way, and I'll return the favor.

Posted by Linko_16

Ditto.

Posted by Kamek

1762-2463-7665

that's mine

Posted by Linko_16

I'll add you to the list. It's also courteous to give your Brawl nickname (so we know you when we see you), where you live (so we know how much lag to expect) and a messenger contact (so we can get ahold of you for a match).

Posted by Kamek

i want to play a vgcer but no one ever responds to this thread!

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting Kamek: i want to play a vgcer but no one ever responds to this thread!

I"ll brawl you

Posted by Kamek

Quoting oswaldothelegend: I"ll brawl you

nice im down. my FC is above. ill look for yours in the thread. you create the room, ill join.

edit: didn't see yours. post it

edit again: im stupid, just saw it. will add you

edit 3: did you add me/ are we brawling now? because i'm ready right now.

Posted by Arcadios

I'm getting on right now.
Anyone want in?

Posted by Kamek

This is fun! Who's fluke? I'm joker by the way.

Good games all around. I have to go now but that was really fun! Can't wait to do this again.

Posted by Arcadios

Dunno. One of OTL's friends prolly.
Fun time though. :)

Posted by O.T.L

hes a homey from another site ... i had to go that last match when i was bowser , real fun :D

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

sorry about last night iris, you weren't on aim, and it was impossible to say food was delivered so I had to get off and leave the message... shockingly it worked! Also, I wasn't in control of the wii. Brother felt tired and just left, didn't use one of my taunts to tell you that would be it. Thank you again for making fun of that guy last night :)

Posted by Iris

I had fun. You did well yesterday!

Posted by Arcadios

I'm getting on if anyone wants to practice.

Posted by Iris

Gonna go on Brawl.

Or Mario Kart Wii.

Or Mario Kart DS.

...if some one will join me. :(

Posted by Arcadios

I guess I'll get on if it's okay. :(

Posted by Iris

...seriously, anyone? I want to play!

Posted by Arcadios

I'm on if anyone wants a match.

Posted by Iris

I'm currently waiting!

Posted by Ant

Kay, I'll go on if you don't mind my cousins joining. they aren't all that good, but it should still be fun.

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

Anyone wanna play? I has whole summer free...well, not quite, but still!

Posted by Ant

oswaldo, iris, anyone else see this I'm on now and will be awake for awhile.

Posted by O.T.L

na I'm bout to sleep *yawns*

Posted by Ant

**** you

Posted by Iris

It's late but I can head on Brawl or MKWii.

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

I'll try to be on for as long as I can, but I have to go to Ellensburg pretty soon here.

Posted by Ant

lol oh man. Why would you want to go there? Boring.

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

Well, I was going to get my sister, but plans changed to where I couldn't, and instead, I went to GameCrazy for bout an hour... got Ninja Gaiden 2...

Anyways, I can get back on now...

Posted by Ant

hey aero! if you get on brawl now I'll go on.

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

k I'll be on in a sec..

Posted by Corrupt

Looking for someone to play against! I've got all night (though I won't spend it all playing Smash).

Posted by Breakman

just so you all know, my brother no longer torrents at all due to getting a cease and desist order from our ISP about pirating movies, so i guess i'm completely lagless all the time now and would be a pleasure to play with unless you mind playing with completely skill-less newbies despite having played the entire series since 1999 or anything like that

I'm usually on nightly to play with some other people and I still have a lot of you guys on my list (and some awaiting registration) but none seem to be on like ever when I am

Posted by Corrupt

tis kyubi here, rupty and I want to play someone... dont care who, just get on wifi...

Posted by Arcadios

I has a room up.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]I'm online now, anyone wanna brawl?[/COLOR]

Posted by S

I'm waiting riiight now.

Posted by Ant

if anyone is interested I'm on now. in the mood, haven't played inawhile.

Posted by O.T.L

gg's Ant

I felt I got inside your head a little bit, when you were toon link and I was link on the picto chat stage.. am I right?

Posted by Ant

idk, that last stock everything just combo'd perfectly together for you. though the chain thing caught me offguard I suppose.

Posted by O.T.L

yeah! how that for predictability! I remember you saying that after a while I get predictable so I was trying to do something that I normally dont do much Zair, not that I dont use it its just that against smaller opponents its harder to land.

you should try out the ladder matches, those guys are ****IN TOUGH! there like too pro, na mean.

Posted by Ant

LOL I'M ON NOW

Posted by Corrupt

So Ant, I hear that Chris plays a pretty mean DK, hm? ;)

Also, I'll be online in a couple of hours or so. Anyone that would like to have a match then may say so ahead of time, otherwise you'll be DENIED.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]I'll be home all day today and i really wanna play as many of you guys as possible (especially those i haven't played in a while). Anyone who wants to play let me know and I'll get on. The Brawl marathon starts now.[/COLOR]

Posted by Breakman

Hey.

I haven't played brawl in at least a couple months and i REALLY REALLY MISS IT

if you gnarly dudes still play it i'd toooooadally love to jump in a game or something sometime