Did my IP address change?

Posted by DeathScape

Hey, I live in Illinois. Right now, I'm in Florida. Did my IP address change completely? Is there anyway people could identify I am the same person posting from Illinois, even though I am in Florida now?

Not that I plan on doing anything bad. I just wanted to know because I was IP banned from this place for, like, four years, and now I'm not. I just want to know.

Thank you very much in advance.

Posted by Omni

It's possible to use the mod control panel to view the IP address you registered with, as well as the IP addresses with which you've made posts. If you moved to another state, it's only logical that your IP address would be different than it was before.

Posted by DeathScape

Quoting Omni: It's possible to use the mod control panel to view the IP address you registered with, as well as the IP addresses with which you've made posts. If you moved to another state, it's only logical that your IP address would be different than it was before.

But if I made a new account and only used it in Florida, they wouldn't know it's me, right?

Thanks for the help.

Posted by Omni

Quoting DeathScape: But if I made a new account and only used it in Florida, they wouldn't know it's me, right?

Now that you posted from that IP address with your old account, yes. However, I don't think you were meant to be IP banned, since your account wasn't even banned, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Posted by DeathScape

Quoting Omni: It's possible to use the mod control panel to view the IP address you registered with, as well as the IP addresses with which you've made posts. If you moved to another state, it's only logical that your IP address would be different than it was before.

Quoting Omni: Now that you posted from that IP address with your old account, yes. However, I don't think you were meant to be IP banned, since your account wasn't even banned, so I wouldn't worry about it.

*Slaps head.* I should've explained that better.

I meant to say, "I've been banned from this one place," as in a different place that isn't this place. :P Sorry, I was talking about some other site. I didn't do anything bad here. I swear.

Anyway, thanks again for your help. I was just wondering how all this stuff worked.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Ohh.. That explains it all, very clearly.

Omni, this guy plays ToonTown.

Posted by DeathScape

Quoting Tyler Durden: Ohh.. That explains it all, very clearly.

Omni, this guy plays ToonTown.

Do you guys play ToonTown?

Posted by Omni

I didn't even know there was a game called that.

Posted by DeathScape

Quoting Omni: I didn't even know there was a game called that.

Then why did that dude point out that I played ToonTown? What purpose would be in telling you that when you have no idea what it is!?

Posted by Poco

Quoting DeathScape: Then why did that dude point out that I played ToonTown? What purpose would be in telling you that when you have no idea what it is!?

its a game for small children

Posted by junior senior

i saw a commercial for it
disney rox

Posted by Omni

Quoting DeathScape: Then why did that dude point out that I played ToonTown? What purpose would be in telling you that when you have no idea what it is!?

I have no idea. Ask Tyler Durden instead of me.

Posted by TimeSkipz

Aww Omni + ToonTown = Tru L0ve

Posted by Tyler Durden

ToonTown iz 4 lammz wif NO lyf tht suk @ EvarKwest and WoW....................

Posted by junior senior

club penguin is better