Can it be? A good Sonic game on the horizon?!

Posted by Prince Shondronai

http://www.sega.com/gamesite/sonicunleashed/us/index.php

Looks like it might actually be smooth and finished this time, unlike Sonic the Hedgehog on 360 and ps3.

Posted by DeathScape

I'm not getting excited over anything. When was the last time you played an enjoyable 3D Sonic game, if ever? Why will this game be any different? I admit it has potentional, and I honestly hope that this will be the game to redeem Sonic, but I'm not getting my hopes up for anything. I'll read the reviews, and if I like what I hear, then I'll get it. I'm setting my expectations low, though.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

[quote]When was the last time you played an enjoyable 3D Sonic game, if ever?
The first one on the Dreamcast.

Anywho, after watching the video and whatnot, I have higher hopes for this one compared to the last one on 360.

Not too high of hopes, mind you. But chances are is I'll still get it and try it.

Posted by Zeta

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/Kvar/sonicfuuuuuuuuuuuuck.jpg[/IMG]

Posting this every ****ing chance I get.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

It'll be sh[COLOR=Silver]it.[/COLOR]

1999: Sonic Adventure will be so ****ing awesome. Forget Super Mario 64, this is the reinvention you've been waiting for!

2001: ... Okay, so we dropped the ball. But Sonic Adventure 2 will be the first truly awesome 3D Sonic game! We've even added a whole host of new characters! Shadow the Hedgehog is soooo deep.

2004: The Sonic Adventure games weren't true to our vision for a next-generation Sonic game. THIS time, in Sonic Heroes, you'll get an experience that plays just like the 2D games!

2006: This is it! Sonic's going back to his roots this generation on the 360 and PS3! We've really captured the feel of the original Sonic games on the Sega Genesis! And there's even mooooooore characters!

Same promises are being made for this game. Ergo, it's gonna suck a huge fat dick. Why don't try something different instead of trying to emulate the feel of the 2D games? Sonic Adventure was the furthest from the original games, and guess what? It was the most enjoyable.

Posted by Bebop

So this is basically Sonic Rush but with better graphics?

Posted by Ant

From what I've seen that's what it seems like. And I like me some Sonic Rush!

Posted by Speedfreak

It's basically Sonic Rush that sometimes changes into Sonic and the Secret of the rings, the only two good Sonic games in like 15 years.

Whatever, I've had my fill of "hold right" games for one lifetime.

Posted by Pit

Quoting The X: It'll be sh[COLOR=Silver]it.[/COLOR]

Watch the trailer. It isn't a 3D adventure, it goes back to the oldschool roots that made the game so ****ing awesome

Posted by Borealis

This stuff leaked a long time ago...so it's pretty funny that Sega said those screenshots were 'never-before-seen.'

I've already said I preferred to hold my judgment until it's out for real.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Pit;833755]Watch the trailer. It isn't a 3D adventure, it goes back to the oldschool roots that made the game so ****ing awesomeYou glossed over the rest of that post, didn't you?

It still has 3D sections. And it's being touted as a return to the roots of the series. Again. That was my point. By the laws of Sonic Team - it'll be ****.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=The X;833765]You glossed over the rest of that post, didn't you?

It still has 3D sections. And it's being touted as a return to the roots of the series. Again. That was my point. By the laws of Sega - it'll be ****.

Fixed.

I'm going to hold out hope that the awesomeness of Smash Brothers Brawl, the greatest game Sonic has ever been in, will rub off on the Blue Blur, and thus make his next platformer the best one in ages.

Posted by Ant

He isn't really that great in Brawl though, IMO. :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I can attest to that! He's totally screwed in No Item matches.

Posted by Speedfreak

Good thing that only faggots play without items.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

No Item matches can be fun. SHOCKING

Posted by Pit

Quoting Speedfreak: Good thing that only faggots play without items.

Yeah, I forgot Nintendo didn't put in an option for players to choose to play with items or not! It was just an exploit/glitch/advanced tactics/gameshark that allowed the item switch in the game in the first place!

Actually, guys, Sonic is pretty good in Brawl. So... yeah.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=The X;834071]No Item matches can be fun. SHOCKING

Should've said "people who only play no items are faggots".

[quote=Pit;834079]Yeah, I forgot Nintendo didn't put in an option for players to choose to play with items or not! It was just an exploit/glitch/advanced tactics/gameshark that allowed the item switch in the game in the first place!

Actually, guys, Sonic is pretty good in Brawl. So... yeah.

G[COLOR=lightgreen]O[/COLOR]D DIDN'T REMOVE THE SETTING TO FIND MEN ATTRACTIVE, DOESN'T MEAN THERE AREN'T FAGGOTS.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Prince Shondronai: Can it be?

No, it can't.

Quoting mis0: No, it can't.

You lie! You lie, you lying liar!

Posted by mis0

I played Sonic the Hedgehog for the PS3 a few months ago, and it easily is the worst game I've played this year. It was just irritating after a while. And considering the capacity of a Blu-ray disc, I sorta expected spoken dialogue through the whole thing, even with the insignificant NPCs. It just seemed like laziness on SEGAs part.

Posted by Pit

Quoting mis0: I played Sonic the Hedgehog for the PS3 a few months ago, and it easily is the worst game I've played this year. It was just irritating after a while. And considering the capacity of a Blu-ray disc, I sorta expected spoken dialogue through the whole thing, even with the insignificant NPCs. It just seemed like laziness on SEGAs part.

I think that's expecting a little too much. I would understand your complaint about the entire game sucking, but about there not being constant dialogue making the game bad?

What made the game bad was that it was ****. The amount of glitches, the way the story carried out, nothing was good about Sonic the Hedgehog on 360 or PS3.

Posted by mis0

The stupid camera is what made me hate it. I just felt that the producer was lazy; spoken dialogue was something that seemed like it was missing because sometimes it was there (cutscreens) and most of the time it wasn't.

I also hated the decade-long loadtimes.

What I thought was good about Sonic on the 360 and ps3 is that it followed the model of Sonic Adventure 1, my favorite Sonic game to date. They just didn't take enough Miyamoto Time to finish the graphics, write a few million more lines of code for the controls so that they worked like they were supposed to, eliminate those hideous noises that the citizens make when you talk to them, and rework the levels until their designs made sense. Basically, the game came out at least a year too soon. There was no excuse for it, certainly, but the framework was solid.

Posted by Pit

Quoting mis0: The stupid camera is what made me hate it. I just felt that the producer was lazy; spoken dialogue was something that seemed like it was missing because sometimes it was there (cutscreens) and most of the time it wasn't.

I also hated the decade-long loadtimes.

Nah the loadtimes were the greatest! You have to load to talk to the guy, then load to answer his question, then load to actually do the mission, and if you **** up, which you most likely will because of the games terrible camera system, then you load to have the guy say "better luck next time" which then you'll be directed to another load screen to get the chance to do the mission again.

And why is Sonic around ****ing humans, and why does Robotnik look like that? AND I'M TIRED OF NEW SONIC CHARACTERS.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Keep Sonic, Tails and Knuckles. Kill off everyone else at the start of the game to give them a good rationale.

THE SONIC FRANCHISE IS SAVED!

Posted by Pit

I've got a great story. They're all celebrating Sonic's birthday, when Robotnik comes and shoots a giant laser that kills off everyone except Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. Now, they're off to take out robotnik, once and for all.

Posted by Zeta

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/Kvar/sonicdevelopment.jpg[/IMG]

Well, I'm just happy to be a part of the process, I guess.

Posted by TimeSkipz

Look at the bottom of the screen... Available on the PlayStation

Posted by Poco

Quoting Zeta: [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/Kvar/sonicdevelopment.jpg[/IMG]

No, in reality fans want to have sex with sonic and need more characters so they can write matrix/sonic slash hentai fanfics.

There was a forum of a girl who believed sonic was in love with her.

Posted by maian

All it needs to do to stay as good as it looks is to make the story completely nonexistant, take away any character Robotnik has at all, and have Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles as playable characters, but not able to speak!

Posted by Poco

Quoting maian: All it needs to do to stay as good as it looks is to make the story completely nonexistant, take away any character Robotnik has at all, and have Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles as playable characters, but not able to speak!

Forget it, SEGA is the only company that will listen to its fans. Unfortunately, SEGA's fans are all insane furries.

Posted by TimeSkipz

[quote=mis0;834421]I played Sonic the Hedgehog for the PS3 a few months ago, and it easily is the worst game I've played this year. It was just irritating after a while. And considering the capacity of a Blu-ray disc, I sorta expected spoken dialogue through the whole thing, even with the insignificant NPCs. It just seemed like laziness on SEGAs part.

You hate the ps3 yet you play it numerous times....troll

You can't properly hate something without trying it.

Posted by mis0

Quoting TimeSkipz: You hate the ps3 yet you play it numerous times....troll

I own a PS3 you idiot.

Posted by Pit

I think the person owning the system has the right to hate that system since they have first hand access to it.

I'm getting a PS3 because from what I see from it currently isn't that good, HOWEVER, Metal Gear Solid 4 is coming out, and I want the bundled PS3 with it

Posted by mis0

I do think the PS3 kind of ugly, but that doesn't make me like it less. Going from the PS2 slim on a vertical stand to the PS3 took a bit of adjustment, though.

MGS4 is probably the single biggest reason I got a PS3 in the first place. I've loved MGS since I played it on the PS1, so I gotta play the conclusion. Gran Turismo 5 comes out that same month, and that's my favorite drivan. Also, Warhawk is probably my favorite game that's out right now. 16 vs. 16 is good.

Posted by Pit

Wen I get mines the games I wanna play are MGS4, Drake's Fortune, dunno if they're making a wipeout for it, but I like wipeout games. RE4, GTAIV, i'll get along, but MGS4 is the main reason.

Posted by TimeSkipz

[quote=mis0;840029] Warhawk is probably my favorite game that's out right now. 16 vs. 16 is good.

I'm a Vet, could take out anyone in the air :D

Posted by mis0

I'm a *******, I'll take you down with a portable missile launcher. And then I'll camp your spawn point and run you over with a jeep.

Posted by maian

I'm getting a PS3 just for Metal Gear Solid 4. :cookie: I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be, though.

Posted by Breakman

i want to hope

i really, really, really do

Posted by Kutlass

that looks ammazing but not quite ammazing enough to be alsum

actually I've never played a 3d sonic game (unless sonic drift 2 counts as 3d) and I have no interest in doing so.

Posted by Breakman

Quoting Kaptain Kutlass: that looks ammazing but not quite ammazing enough to be alsum

actually I've never played a 3d sonic game (unless sonic drift 2 counts as 3d) and I have no interest in doing so.

hey, adventure 1 isn't bad!

e-621 is the greatest sonic character ever and his story begins and ends in that one game

besides that, yeah, i got nothing

Posted by Pit

Sonic Adventure 2 kicked ***, in a ****ty sort of way.

Posted by Ant

I found the Sonic and Shadow levels to be really fun. The camera never really bothered me. But it's hard for it to be a problem when you remember the layout of all the levels :)

Posted by Pit

I hated hunting for emeralds, or being in a robot. :(

Posted by Ant

It's kinda sad at how good I got at those area's of the game as well. I HAD TO GET A RANK FOR EVERY ****ING MISSION AFTER ALL!

Posted by Zeta

I must be the only person in the world that enjoyed the Tails/Eggman levels. :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Sonic/Shadow levels were fun. Tails/Eggman levels had their ups and downs. Knuckles/Rouge levels were FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK (pumpkin hill yo yo yo)

Posted by Ant

I liked Pumpkin Hill. Was my favorite of those kind of levels anyway.

Posted by maian

I HATED every single crystal hunting level there was. Hated. However, I didn't mind the robot ones, and actually liked a lot of them. And, the Sonic/Shadow ones were just all good. I went through the robot ones multiple times to get the chao powerups.

Posted by TimeSkipz

[quote=mis0;840178]I'm a *******, I'll take you down with a portable missile launcher. And then I'll camp your spawn point and run you over with a jeep.

Hah, I'd like to see you try