VGC Brawl Tournament Discussion

Posted by Alastor

[center].: Tournaments Index :.
Click a tournament to view its final bracket.[/center]

[list][url=http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x65/Dystorce/Brackets/VGCTourney1Bracket5.jpg][1v1 - Single Elimination] "The First One"[/url]
Winner: Linko_16
Runner-up: Alastor
[*][url=http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x65/Dystorce/Brackets/VGCTourney2-Final.jpg][1v1 - Single Elimination] "Closet Tourneyfaggotry"[/url]
Winner: Ant [2,000 Wii Points, courtesy of Arcadios]
Runner-up: Iris [VC game of choice, up to 1,000 Wii Points, courtesy of Linko_16]
[*][url=http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x65/Dystorce/Brackets/VGCTourney3-Final.jpg][2v2 - Double Elimination] "Lag Out the Arse"[/url]
Winner: Team Cancer (Alastor & Arcadios)
Runner-up: The Losers (Ant & The Judge)
[*][url=http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x65/Dystorce/Brackets/VGCTourney4-Final.png][1v1 - Single Elimination] "No Mains"[/url] (Each entrant had their best 5 characters banned.)
Winner: Ant [2,000 Wii Points, courtesy of oswaldothelegend.]
Runner-up: Alastor [1,000 Wii Points, courtesy of oswaldothelegend.]
[*][url=http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x65/Dystorce/Brackets/VGCTourney5-Final.png][1v1 - Double Elimination] "Tourneyfag Train Wreck"[/url]
Winner: oswaldothelegend [500 Wii Points, courtesy of... himself.]
Runner-up: Arcadios [500 Wii Points, courtesy of oswaldothelegend.]
[*][url=http://i35.tinypic.com/23sfa6a.png][2v2 - Single Elimination] - Team Tourneyfaggot[/url]
Winner: Team Awesome (oswaldothelegend & Aioros)
Runner-up: Gurren Brigade (Alastor & Linko_16)[/list]

Posted by Linko_16

SIGN ME UP.

EDIT - A ref would only be a good idea if someone can be determined for each match that definitely wouldn't create more lag. If it's too much trouble, well, what good would a ref be anyway?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Sign me up, but don't go with refs. You want even more lag? As for stages, might want to consider Spear Pillar, too. Palkia is ****ing stupid.

What's the prize?

Posted by Linko_16

I never understood why Palkia seems to throw people off so badly, but I'd be cool with counting it out for the sake of fairness.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting The X: What's the prize?

I haven't thought about it. I don't know anyone here who isn't cheap and would fund a prize, to be honest. I saw another forum giving 2000 Wii Points to the winner, but unless someone volunteers to pay for a prize, I guess bragging rights and the title of "First Annual VGC Tournament Champion" are about all that you get.

I forgot about Spear Pillar, too. I'll add that.

Also, the refs won't be done unless it's 100% that they won't make more lag, so don't worry about that.

Edit: Just to reassure everyone (even though it should be obvious), there will be plenty more tournaments after this one, so if you were wanting NO ITEMS TWO STOCK FINAL DESTINATION matches, that rule set is bound to be in a future tournament. The "open to suggestion" comment for the rules meant... Well, X provided a very good example. He made a suggestion concerning the rules, not a suggestion that the rules should be replaced with different ones.

Posted by David M. Awesome

Sign me up. I'll be playing through Linko's Wii, but I'll be signed in under the name "David."

Posted by Linko_16

I know almost none of you have fought him yet (I think it was Iris I was battling when he joined us as 2nd player once), but all things being equal, David's better than I am by at least a bit, so he should be prove a worthy contender.

Posted by Alastor

You're in. I guess if you win you two make the finals, you'll just have to play a local VS match or something. :p

Oh, and Linko/Iris/Vamp, feel free to edit the sign up sheet if I'm not around.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Are any items being turned off?

Posted by Alastor

That was in the first post. :link:

EDIT: If you are paired with someone, you're more than welcome to play matches with them outside of the tournament before your match. Not like we'll try (or could even try, really) to ban you from playing your opponent prior to your agreed match time. So if you want to get some friendly practice matches in with your opponent before your scheduled match, then by all means...

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

If Assist Trophies are going to be off, might as well turn off Pok

Posted by Linko_16

I notice Smash Balls are on. That's cool with me, I guess, but future tournaments should be held under different rules to switch things up, including one without Final Smashes. Not to be a tourneyfag, just saying.

Also, Mushroomy Kingdom. I'd prefer it were out just because I don't like scrolling stages period, what do others think?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I'm in favor of Mushroomy Kingdom being disallowed. It's mainly a battle against the stage, anyway. Most of the times I play it on 1v1, the focus is taken away from combat and onto navigating the platforms.

Posted by Alastor

Oh, it was supposed to be in the list. Sorry.

Capsules and Crates were Iris' idea since they're explosive.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

So are Bob-ombs and Gooey Bombs, but they're not disallowed.

Posted by Alastor

:cookie:

Well, explosives or no? I'll put crates and capsules back in play or add Bob-ombs and Gooey Bombs to the list depending on what you guys want.

Pokeballs allowed since they're generally not as cheap as Assist Trophies. Half the time I get Goldeen, anyway. :( I've always wondered why it's Goldeen and not Magikarp. Magikarp is utterly useless. At least Goldeen could learn that one 1HKO move like ****YEAHSEAKING.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

There are useless Assists, too. I feel that crates and capsules should be kept in, because everyone's aware, after almost a decade of playing Smash, that they have a really high chance of blowing up in your face.

Posted by Alastor

Alright, but Blast Box stays out. Also threw Skyworld into the stage list, since it's basically a collapsible "Cave" from Hyrule Temple.

Posted by Ant

I'm in.

Also, I don't see what's wrong with New Pork City. It's big, so what. And one that should probably be taken off is Warioware. I mean, if you beat the microgame you could get starman :/

and picking of stages should be allowed as long as it's within the confines.

and not to be a dick, but the lag is going to be pretty horrible with X if I were to be paired up with him, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else will too :(

Posted by Alastor

Can you still get Starmen from Warioware if they're turned off?

Also, Ultimate Chimera on New Pork City. Sure, it's easy as **** to avoid, but if someone DOES happen to get hit by it, it'd mess things up.

Posted by Red

I'd like to join (don't expect much though, I'm terrible at Brawl).
Only thing is, I wont have my wireless router hooked up until Wednesday, that shouldn't be a problem though right?

as soon as I get it hooked up, I'll put up my friend code, but as for now count me in?

Posted by Linko_16

[QUOTE=Alastor;833542]Can you still get Starmen from Warioware if they're turned off?

Yes. Which is a **** shame, because if it wasn't for that ****, it'd be a cool stage. The worst part is, even if you both succeed with the task one person might get a Star Man while the other person mysteriously gets nothing.

So, yeah, I'm in favor of turning that one off, too.

Posted by Red

Quoting Linko_16: The worst part is, even if you both succeed with the task one person might get a Star Man while the other person mysteriously gets nothing.

yeah, what's with that? I've been screwed over that way so many times before.

Posted by Alastor

You should be fine, Red. We've got to get everyone signed up who wants in, and even then it's a full week for the first round. You've got time.

Sucks about WarioWare. I'll add it to the list. Should stages be on a choose basis rather than random? Pretty sure you have to have Additional Rules PLUS all 41 stages. I don't even have Additional Rules yet. I spend all my time on Solo and Wi-Fi. :(

Posted by S

I'm in.

Posted by Alastor

Added.

...You're a super mod too now, right? I stopped keeping up with it since I was gone for like six months. Feel free to edit the sign-up sheet yourself if you need to. :cool:

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

I might sign up but it depends on when i'm going to get my wireless router and when the tournament is so don't sign me up yet.

Posted by Alastor

Probably some time next week if the sign-up sheet fills up in time.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Alastor: Also, Ultimate Chimera on New Pork City. Sure, it's easy as **** to avoid, but if someone DOES happen to get hit by it, it'd mess things up.

oh please. Might as well ban Halberd too then. The Chimera barely comes into play and you only get hit by it if you're an idiot. Halberd has both the claw and the laser and would have a greater chance of "interfering" with a battle. Case in point, no big deal.

Posted by Alastor

gawd, there'll be more tournaments. You just love Earthbound, panty.

I had forgotten about Halberd, though. Might need to take it out.

Posted by Ant

FUUUUUUUUUUCK. no. it's a good level.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Take the Halberd off the stage list and I am withdrawing from this tournament! I mean, jeez. You have to have brain damage or some **** to get hit by the hazards.

Posted by The Judge

I'd like to join in if there's still room.

Posted by Pit

Why don't you just ban levels that (1) cause unfairness, such as, stages with walls. Walls in Brawl = infininate damage. I don't see how the person on the opposite end who is getting hit by pits forward B over and over, and can't escape while he racks up 200% damage from one move can find that match fun (2) Huge stages where people can run away, like Hyrule Temple or New Pork City

And Haldberd is good. The stage lands only once, and the Hazards are obvious to see. You can see the hitting lock on, and you can see the arm, and you can see the cannon coming at you. It gives you move than plenty of time to dodge.

Also, why don't you set a time limit. It'll make people actually engage in Battle, rather than grabbing items and running and having a match that goes on forever.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Wouldn't setting a time limit encourage running away, rather than preventing it?

Posted by Pit

What's better, a time limit, or a neverending match?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Neverending is a bit of an exaggeration. If you want a time limit, make it pretty high.

Posted by Red

Quoting Alastor: Should stages be on a choose basis rather than random?

sounds like a good idea. although then, you might have the odd person who whines and complains about the stage that got chosen. unless it was a stage that was agreed upon by both players before the start of the match.

Posted by Pit

8 minutes buddy. That seems to be the time limit for almost every tourney.

edit: First stage should be random. Loser of the random match should either have the option of switching character or picking a desired stage.

Posted by Alastor

8 minutes is fine. I doubt many of the matches would last that long, anyways. The "OH **** PLEASE SPAWN SO I CAN WIN" items are disabled, so you don't have much to wait for, really. Regardless, fine. I still need to unlock Additional Rules. :(

@Pit: Temple and New Pork City are both off already. ;)

How about a Random first stage, and Loser's Pick after that?

And what're some bad wall stages? Iris brought that up, but I haven't had too much trouble with walls yet. Only one I can think of right now is Corneria, but I just woke up and can't think for **** right now. :cool:

Edit: You do want in, right, Pit? You never actually said that. You just commented on rules. :link:

Posted by S

If we have a ref, I don't see why we need to worry about walls or big stages. We should just all assume everyone is going to be a good sport. If they aren't, that's what the judge is for. Believe it or not, running is a tactic. It's the ref's job to call it when it doesn't have a point or it's a grief tactic.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Shadow Moses Island. Pok

Posted by Linko_16

I've never been hit by a wall combo I couldn't escape, though perhaps I haven't faced a master at it. Whatever, either wall stages or no wall stages is fine with me.

Threats like the Ultimate Chimera and the Halberd's Combo Cannon aren't worthy of banning the stage. They're easily dodged, and it actually might be the mark of the combatant's skill if he can successfully knock his opponent into them. If there's a stage that should be removed for stage hazards, it's the Pirate Ship. Those ****ing bombs they fire at you have a huge splash radius, track your movements for more accurate aim, and hit for a whopping 55% per blow. I've also latched onto the bow of the ship using a character's whip-based recovery (ZSS, Ivysaur, Olimar) only to swing down and hit the front of the ship for an instant KO. Nothing that bothers me too badly for a run-of-the-mill match, but if I'm out to win a tournament, I'd rather not have the interference.

Posted by Alastor

As much as I ****ing love Pirate Ship, that's a good point. Those bombs are deadly. :(

Posted by Red

is there any rule that you can't switch your character once it's been decided?

Posted by Linko_16

Like I said, I love it too, but for tourney purposes it may be best to leave it out.

EDIT - Ninja'd. Like the rules in the front say, you can switch your character between matches all you want.

Posted by S

[color= readthe****edthread]

Posted by Red

whoops, must've missed that part. sorry.

Posted by Alastor

So does no one care how stages are chosen? Random all the time or first Random then Loser's Pick?

Posted by S

Don't care, myself.

Posted by Pit

[QUOTE=The X;833764]Shadow Moses Island. Pok

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I really can't imagine anyone doing it, though. We all know each other too well by now that pulling something like that would get you in a ton of ****. And anyway - if almost every character can do it, what's the problem? There's as much chance they'll wall infinite you as you will them.

Posted by Alastor

Right. You're probably the only one who would do it, Pit. :cookie:

Edit: Plus, it is just for fun, after all. Absolutely nothing on the line.

Posted by Pit

Cause when I played Mystic Hero, I wall infinited him, on purpose, and controlled the whole round. It's not that hard to catch someone in a wall and totally just ruin the match for them by keeping them there for 1 minute.

Like I said, it's my suggestion to keep balance. You can argue with me stating that it isn't easy to do, but speaking as a person who plays the game religiously, I'm telling you that it could definitely change the outcome of the match.

Posted by Arcadios

Sign me up.

Posted by S

I think it all comes down to sportsmanship. We can just ban infinites and if someone continues an infinite over 50% or something, they're considered disqualified from the tournament completely. All the more reason to have a judge, rather than limit our stages.

Posted by Red

oh yeah, about the ref... who gets to be them? Because if it's just any random person I would like to ref a match, simply because I would like to spectate 2 other vgcers duke it out.

also, I like the first round random, then it's losers pick rule. Maybe make it into a poll for everyone to vote on? I'm fine either way though, and am sure much other people aren't too concerned.

oh and if this thread is suposed to be an on-going thing (like more than just THIS tournament) why is it not stickied?

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Red: oh yeah, about the ref... who gets to be them?

Haven't decided yet, since we're not even positive we'll do the ref thing.

[quote]oh and if this thread is suposed to be an on-going thing (like more than just THIS tournament) why is it not stickied?

Seven stickies, wooooooo.

Posted by junior senior

me please!!

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Pit: Wall infinites aren't rare at all. Maybe you haven't tried em'. I sure have, and I've done it to my opponents. They aren't rare when you know what you're doing.

And yes, it does imbalance a match

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SlKi7eHRODs
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3UTpaKhElhk
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yQylP570VvI
http://youtube.com/watch?v=f7sYwKrPmSw
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MlXkjM1qdLw

Almost every character has one of these. You know why wall stages are banned in tournaments, where hundreds of dollars are on the line? Because people abuse stages to their advantage. Take a 3 stock match, and you catch a guy at the wall, and you infnite him, and kill one his stock, and you only received 10%, you're saying that doesn't imbalance the match?

In light of this evidence, I agree with Pit.

Posted by Mystic Hero

I want in guys.

Posted by The Judge

Yeah, me too. :grrr: When is this whole shibang happening?

Posted by Iris

I'm sure Dan'll settle a date once all the slots are filled and everyone is able to comply with it.

Posted by Alastor

Iris has it right.

Pit, are you playing or not? You still haven't said.

Silly Judge, you signed up already. :cookie:

Adding Mystic and JS.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting The Judge: Yeah, me too. :grrr: When is this whole shibang happening?

Hey Judge I don't believe I've got your FC bro. I'll need to have it.

Posted by Alastor

He'll be using Ant's, I think.

Posted by Ant

Yup, he be.

As for my time, I'm available is on a day to day basis. So when the slots get filled I'll contact my parter personally for a playtime.

As for the ref idea. The lag would be too troublesome for what it's worth. And I think we're all honorable enough to follow by whatever rules are set.

Posted by The Judge

Yeah, I think doing it by honor would be the best way, because none of us are cheating bastards. Hell, even if it came down to me and Ant playing offline we'd still be honest.

My availability isn't constant, but it's normally 6-10pm on Sunday, Monday and Wednesday, 5-10pm on Friday and Saturday, and 10-7am on Monday and Tuesday.

Posted by Alastor

Like I said earlier, if anyone would be doing that Wall Infinite stuff it'd probably be Pit, and I doubt he'd do it if we just agreed "hay don't do that."

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

ha ha, wall infinites, good ol smash bros

wall infinites or not, the wall still creates excellent spots to hit a person into more than once, sure an infinite is being excessive with this ****, I do believe on these stages some people just can't help themselves to bounce a person back and forth to rack up damage, 2+ hits can get you well over 15%, and I haven't done any wall infinites, but I sure as hell have used the wall as combo spots, and they work wonders for the person kicking ***. Not something that can be helped, infinites however, yea, I know everyone can agree not to do them. I don't think that will stop any other wall games though, etc

Posted by WillisGreeny

Sign me up!

Posted by Linko_16

I gotta say, I'm kinda nervous. I've not been doing well against many VGCers. :/

Posted by Ant

Heh, I was kinda expecting a lot the VGC Smash crowd to suck :cookie: Though I'm thankful that they don't!

Posted by Linko_16

Well, a lot of times, I feel trapped on the brink of success and failure. Like those matches I had with you, Ant, when we first faced each other one on one: at times, I soared, and at times, I got my *** beat, to the point where you'd think I'd win some and you'd win some, but I somehow couldn't actually manage to be ahead at the end of the match so I lost just about every one. I'm not afraid to admit that, like it or not, it makes me the inferior player, but it's frustrating to feel that close to victory. Same thing happened to me with Iris, Kodachi, Dan, and it's actually been happening between me and David since Melee.

GOOD THING I'M SUCH A MATURE, CALM, COLLECTED DUDE OR IT MIGHT MAKE ME A LITTLE CRAAAAAAAZY.

Posted by Ant

I know exactly what you mean. You feel as if the entire match you were the better player but somehow came out on the losing end. Or you're pushing the right buttons and it SHOULD work but doesn't. Yeah, **** sux. I'm sure everyone has felt that way at one time or another.

Posted by Linko_16

Perhaps not that I'm necessarily the better player, but that I should've at least come out of it with a few victories under my belt and yet lost every one. But you deal, it's just a game.

Posted by The Judge

I know a lot of times I feel like the only reason I lost was because of lag, and that if I was playing the person right next to me, I would have won.

I'm probably right about 50% of the time.

Posted by maian

oh shi, sign me up :o

I haven't visited the boards for days because I thought it was still April Fool'd >_> Who knows how well I'll do, although I've done pretty well against the VGCers I have played with. (Mostly just Ant and Iris, so I don't know how that compares with the others) I can typically hold my own with random, and I think I have a pretty good chance with Toon Link, so I'm curious to see how far I'll go.

Posted by Red

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.3:
wall infinites or not, the wall still creates excellent spots to hit a person into more than once, sure an infinite is being excessive with this ****, I do believe on these stages some people just can't help themselves to bounce a person back and forth to rack up damage, 2+ hits can get you well over 15%, and I haven't done any wall infinites, but I sure as hell have used the wall as combo spots, and they work wonders for the person kicking ***.

sup, wall techs?

seriously, by pressing R or L right before bouncing off a wall you can stabilize yourself and prevent combo-ing.

...they kept that in the game right?

Posted by Iris

Only 2 more slots open. Bulb/Pit sign up now plz.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I wonder if Vamp would have signed up if he hadn't stopped coming here.

Posted by Alastor

He did?
lol, VGC's content would drop by like 75% if Vamp left.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Last time he posted was March 31st. Guess he's just on SPRRRRRRING BREEEEEEEAAAAAAK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!

Posted by oxpecker123

I want to play

Posted by Alastor

k

Who're you?

Posted by Arcadios

Nobody. That's who.

Posted by WillisGreeny

He's Mr. Unregistered.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

[quote=Red;834091]sup, wall techs?

seriously, by pressing R or L right before bouncing off a wall you can stabilize yourself and prevent combo-ing.

...they kept that in the game right?

sup up air?

seriously, even if they tech, the momentum they get isn't usually enough to stop a bad pounding, let alone how hectic damage can get. Higher damage, higher speeds you go flying at, harder to tech successfully. Maybe that only holds true to me, and maybe a few hundred people, I dunno

Posted by The Judge

I personally think if someone is talented enough to get you into a position in which they can f[COLOR="black"]u[/COLOR]ck you over and infinite loop whatever you, then they're better at doing that and you deserve to get stuck in it. It's a show of skill (as much as being good at anything in a video game is) on the part of the player, even if it's "cheap."

You don't have to play nothing but f[COLOR="black"]u[/COLOR]cking final destination just to see who's better, which is what I've always hated about tourney fags. Hell, if you're going to have items on very low on this tournament, then the general concensus should be that you work with what you're given.

But what the hell do I know? G[COLOR="black"]o[/COLOR]d forbid I don't take this as official business.

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

Is it too late to join? I kinda just came up with my decision and I would like to join if that is ok... as long as I know the time zone we are running in and if it will be in the afternoon or not cuz i got school this week.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I told Vamp about the tourney, so idk if he's going to join or not.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting The Judge: items on very low

Just "Low". There isn't a "Very Low" setting anymore. ;)

Added Aeroshadow. One more slot unless what's-his-face was serious.

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

ty for that and I won't be getting my friend code until sometime this week. I'll either get it tomorrow, monday, tuesday, wednesday, sometime before the 1st round ends, but I won't have an answer until either sunday or monday kk?

Posted by Alastor

We have to wait until Wednesday for Red to get his, anyway, so it's no trouble.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.3: sup up air?

seriously, even if they tech, the momentum they get isn't usually enough to stop a bad pounding, let alone how hectic damage can get. Higher damage, higher speeds you go flying at, harder to tech successfully. Maybe that only holds true to me, and maybe a few hundred people, I dunno

I find teching to be way easier if I'm flying faster at the walls. Though the main stage where that comes into play anymore is Shadow Moses. It's a lot harder to pull off now, as well. I used to be a tech PRO.

I used to have trouble with techs, but fighting in THE ANGRY DOME got me better at them pretty **** fast. Nothing like bouncing off the walls in an enclosed chamber at 999% to practice!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Vamp wants in, if there's still room.

Posted by Ant

so pokeballs are still on?

Posted by Alastor

Yeah. Since the ratio's so horrible (Goldeen Goldeen Goldeen Staryu Goldeen Piplup Goldeen Goldeen Goldeen Goldeen Staryu Goldeen GROUDON Goldeen), I doubt it'd change things that much. Plus everything's on low. Vamp takes the last slot, then.

Posted by Iris

Are Pit and Bulb staying out because of items/stages? Lame.

Posted by Ant

And no Corrupt ;(

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

[quote=Iris;834299]Are Pit and Bulb staying out because of items/stages? Lame.

nah, I'm staying out cuz I dun't fit in :-* too much tourny fag hatred, *** forbid some disagreement leads to the normal tourny fag crap. You'd have more fun without me bby :-*

Posted by Alastor

Well, regardless of who's staying out because of what, here's the bracket.

I got maian. :link:

Posted by Linko_16

**** it. Isn't Vamp, like, good?

Posted by Arcadios

Red?
I want to laugh but then I'd set myself up for cosmic irony.
Actually I don't think anyone had faced Red so lul Element of surprise maybe?

But oh *** if I beat Red I'm ****ed with Iris.
Luigi's all about the float and fluff and it gets assed by Din's Fire.
oh well

Posted by Ant

What determined the order?

And if I recall correctly Mystic is pretty good, but I have no idea who else he plays as :(

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Ant: What determined the order?

Random bracket generator I found online.

The image was my mad Photoshop skillz, though. :cool:

Posted by Pit

Quoting Iris: Are Pit and Bulb staying out because of items/stages? Lame.

Nah, staying out for same reasons as Bulb. Majority of these members are disagreeing with things that are pretty much have been proven throughout all three games.

Items don't really bother me, it's mainly just the stage choices and the rules. Not to mention it's an online tourney which will have a lot of lag. Tourneys are about competition, not falling for **** you'd normally fall for had there been no lag. Plus beam swords on? wtf

Posted by Alastor

Not like this'll be the only one, anyways. I figure the two things to come next are "ANYTHING GOES ALL ITEMS ON MEDIUM ALL STAGES ON" and "ITEMS OFF NO WALL STAGES NO MOVING STAGES".

Posted by Ant

What stages would be a problem? Shadow Moses is the only one I can really think of that isn't on the list already.

As for items, whatever. I normally play with them off, and as previously mentioned, they'll be off in later ones. So it's just for fun. :$

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Ant: just for fun

The point entirely.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

nah, my reasons are different

I know it's for fun, items don't tick me off as much as everyone thinks. As much disagreement there are with stages, it isn't a problem as its made out to be. While I enjoy the way things run with certain rules competitively, I have fun with it that way. Funny thing, I can still have fun with it this way, as funny as I find the item listing to be. What good is a heart and tomato anyway if someone times a final smash to get an almost instant one hit ko, I know everyone says they're easy to dodge, but I know everyone can't be serious about dodging everything here :-*. Beamswords are by far one of the cheapest items in the game as well. Yea, turn all items on, it'll actually be more on the fair side in my opinion, but thats just mine anyway.

I'm only staying out because I have a feeling you guys will definitely have more fun without me in it as far as I know. I think the lingering reputation of no items/fd/4 stock/8 minutes/2 out of 3 will haunt me for a while. I just mentioned something about stages a few posts ago and the response right after was a direct fd attack. I don't mean to be a douche or anything, but I will join in future ones, I just don't feel TOO comfy at the moment and feel much better sitting this one out.

btw judgey, I luv u, but

[quote=The Judge;834196]I personally think if someone is talented enough to get you into a position in which they can f[COLOR=black]u[/COLOR]ck you over and infinite loop whatever you, then they're better at doing that and you deserve to get stuck in it. It's a show of skill (as much as being good at anything in a video game is) on the part of the player, even if it's "cheap."

see

[quote=Pit;833793]Wall infinites aren't rare at all. Maybe you haven't tried em'. I sure have, and I've done it to my opponents. They aren't rare when you know what you're doing.

And yes, it does imbalance a match

[URL]http://youtube.com/watch?v=SlKi7eHRODs[/URL]
[URL]http://youtube.com/watch?v=3UTpaKhElhk[/URL]
[URL]http://youtube.com/watch?v=yQylP570VvI[/URL]
[URL]http://youtube.com/watch?v=f7sYwKrPmSw[/URL]
[URL]http://youtube.com/watch?v=MlXkjM1qdLw[/URL]

I am curious how this turns out as well though. Alasty, if you find a way to speed up the time process somehow, the wii points doesn't sound like a bad idea. I don't mind as being someone to put up a prize. I'm still going to wait and see though.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.3: Alasty, if you find a way to speed up the time process somehow, the wii points doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Er... What?

Like, shorten the duration of the tournament?

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

In a way, the whole thing lasts for 2 weeks more or less. I don't know if there is a way you can gather everyone for 3 days to just due it out with each other quickly. I do know all the time zones are off for a lot of people, and people are busy different times of the day. I guess if anyone has ideas on how to do that ;p. Yea, thats what I pretty much meant =D

Posted by Alastor

Time zones and people being busy are the main reasons I alloted so much time to it. :(

We could do smaller weekend tournaments in the future, maybe. Only sign up if you're going to be free that weekend. Schedule the first round match times during the week, do those matches Friday afternoon, schedule and have the next matches over the course of Saturday, and then the finals (maybe semifinals, too, but I can't see a weekend tournament being more than 3 or 4 rounds) on Sunday.

Posted by Red

Quoting Arcadios: Red?
I want to laugh but then I'd set myself up for cosmic irony.
Actually I don't think anyone had faced Red so lul Element of surprise maybe?

But oh *** if I beat Red I'm ****ed with Iris.
Luigi's all about the float and fluff and it gets assed by Din's Fire.
oh well

wanna have a friendly match before the tourney starts? I want to see how much I'll be beaten by.

Posted by Arcadios

Right now my Wii isn't picking up any connection which is complete bull. =/
I'm gonna try to fix it but I doubt I'll be able to do anything.

Posted by maian

ohshi, I got Dan. Epic matchup for first VGC tournament. :cookie: We'll have to play some before it happens, Dan.

I don't really care who plays, or what the settings are, at all. I know the habits of tourney players, and to be honest, I've never played against them so I think it'd be interesting to see how I compare to one. In all honesty, I wouldn't care if this tournament was all levels, items all on very high. I just like the idea of having one. :cookie:

Posted by Arcadios

Oh good. I got it working with my Nintendo Wifi connector.
Maian, wanna have a match?
I never fought you before. :(

Posted by Pit

Quoting Alastor: Not like this'll be the only one, anyways. I figure the two things to come next are "ANYTHING GOES ALL ITEMS ON MEDIUM ALL STAGES ON" and "ITEMS OFF NO WALL STAGES NO MOVING STAGES".

What's wrong with moving stages?

Posted by Iris

It seems like all of Brawl's moving stages have tons of hazards. Mushroomy Kingdom has tons of blocks and crap that can screw you over, that **** waterfall stage has tons of spike traps and solid walls, Port Town Aero Dive's cars kill at like 50% and hit you even when you're on some of the platforms, Big Blue is obvious, etc.

Posted by Pit

Delfino Island is a moving Stage, that is pretty fair. So is rainbow cruise and Pirate Ship. port Town isn't really that bad, eventually you won't get hit by the cars after playing on it so much, and Halberd is ****ing awesome.

Posted by Alastor

Pirate Ship, bombs, etc.

...Though it's one of my absolute favorite maps. So's Delfino, actually. Most tournament players hate moving stages above all else. :cookie:

Posted by Pit

Quoting Alastor: Pirate Ship, bombs, etc.

...Though it's one of my absolute favorite maps. So's Delfino, actually. Most tournament players hate moving stages above all else. :cookie:

Umm, the bombs are in clear view. You can see the fortress where the bokoblins launch them from, and it takes a few seconds before the bomb even reaches the pirate ship giving players ample time to move away from them.

Actually, most tournament player's don't hate moving stages. They hate stages which are distracting and take away from just fighting. This applies to moving and non-moving stages. It just so happens that the majority of the moving stages always seem to include some hazard that can totally **** up the match. Take big blue for example, you get punched once, not even a smash, just a light punch, off the F-Zero car, and you hit the road... boom, you die, because of the road speed. So you end up losing a stock at like, 2 damage.

Pirate Ship however, is fair as hell. Just like Halber, you can clearly see what's coming at you.

Posted by Alastor

If they do manage to hit you, they can be pretty deadly, but yeah, they are **** easy to spot.

[quote]Actually, most tournament player's don't hate moving stages.

News to me, but that's awesome. I guess the "NO ITEMS FOX ONLY FINAL DESTINATION" reputation precedes a little too much, eh? ;)

To be perfectly honest, though, the only "tournament players" I've ever really played with would be you and Bulb. The only actual tournament I've been to was the Gamestop Brawl launch tournament, and almost everyone there was pretty awful. (Though we WERE being forced to use the nunchuck/wiimote controls for a game we'd never played before.)

Posted by Iris

Pirate Ship's bombs don't bother me, the "LOL DIE" bow of the ship does. Can really destroy your recoveries, especially tethers.

As for Halberd and Delfino, those are perfectly fair.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Alastor:

News to me, but that's awesome. I guess the "NO ITEMS FOX ONLY FINAL DESTINATION" reputation precedes a little too much, eh? ;)

Yeah, you guys are getting pretty redundant with that.

So did you win that gamestop tourney and get a free wii or something?

Posted by Alastor

I lost in the second round (of the first tourney, mind you, not the second round of the overall tournament). The prize was just some tiny *** trophy and a certificate to go to the next round. I kicked this Ike's *** completely with Fox (like 3 to 0 in a one minute round), and then I got killed by a car at Port Town in the second round. Stages were random, only one minute matches. I didn't have time to get a kill after that. The cousin who beat me ended up winning, but he lost in the semifinals of the second round tournament to someone's Wario. Guy got the Smash Ball three times. (Matches went up to like 3 minutes in that tourney.)

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

if it helps, I know a lot of people that hate pokefloats, but that was a freaking awesome stage, as well as mute city. Fountain of dreams was banned in 2vs 2 because of all the pretty stage effects, it made the round laggy with a lot of people, so it was only allowed in 1 vs 1. I do remember rainbow cruise and pokefloats being banned in a lot of west coast tournaments and the east coast allowed it.

Stages that were banned weren't banned for being moving or cheap, it pretty much just took a lot out of the match when you're trying to keep up with the stage and not the match. Rainbow cruise is great, you know what to expect after the first time through it, no random hazards. The pirate ship, nothing is random, though I do admit, a bomb hit gives off a ridiculous blast radius.

They have banned camping stages. Example are Sonics stage, the mario kart stage, the bridge of eldin etc. These stages are a bit abused by people who camp on one side, roll when someones near, throw/smash for quick early kills. Items, no items, etc, I know in a fair sense, you have to admit, no one likes a camper ;p. I still picked mushroom kingdom II when it was allowed in tournaments, but I kept camping to a minimum, but I learned the hard way that some people aren't good sports and will just wait the corner to get easy kills. Plus, when your main is ganon now, fd is the worst stage ever :), I need mah platforms ;_; You can't forget that some stages suit better in team battles than on 1 vs 1, but this is a fag point of view anyway.

As for a quicker tourny, I would guess have everyone add each other on aim, have a bracket made, hope some people can get 3 hours out of their times to fight each other late night, and see how far it goes, and see how many people are able to complete it fast enough, I know iris can probably do it, ant/judge are the same person so that can be pretty quick. Open PM system to have people set up something between them quickly, then a pm sending results. I believe, as much as there is a referee, it may lag a round, but I do think the members here are honest enough to not do certain tactics and report the correct winner without too much hassle, this is to make things a bit quicker without a referee. If somehow there are problems between the two going who won, then have them two face with a referee? Just as well, the lag rule should be best 3 matches in any given time to any person who complains about it I think. The lag can be bearable when you're playing with friends, but even if the tourney is for fun, you don't want to lose it due to some lag. Just as well, I've seen myself lag pretty bad and the other person will just choose pikachu and take to their advantage the down smash quick move, thunder, thunderjolt, and forward smash, the same four move thing that works with no lag pretty flawlessly. I've seen myself not have too many problems with lag, but I can sure as hell know when the person on the other side is feeling it much more than me as well, no one can screw up THAT much, I've had matches with Iris that I know she should win and it wasn't like her to screw up the way she does sometimes. Just saying, there has to be a better way to yell lag and it be fair to stop the round. I know someone has to agree with that.

Etc, also, future TEAM tournament right :-*

Posted by Zeta

[quote]Fountain of dreams was banned in 2vs 2 because of all the pretty stage effects, it made the round laggy with a lot of people

I don't get this. I've done 4-player Ice Climbers with items on very high and **** all over the place and there has never been even a slight hint of lag.

The Gamecube does not lag. >(

Linko and I can judge each others matches if it's ever decided that they're needed. :cookie:

Posted by Iris

It's not even the online lag sometimes, tbh. Sometimes I just get spikes of unresponsiveness in my c-stick and commands won't go through, online or not. I don't abuse the c-stick or anything, but I rely on it a lot for running smashes, quick hits near the ledge, and tying attacks together. I could always substitute it, but having to use normal smash attacks in lag = unnecessary and punishable charging. I wish there was a way to fix it, but it's totally random. The easiest way to tell when it's happening is just watching me run and stop because upsmash didn't go through. It's pretty obvious when your opponent just stands still after an opportunity you know they would've taken advantage of.

Also, airdodge lag sucks and directional input lag destroys recoveries that travel in straight lines like Fox, Zelda, etc.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Zeta: I don't get this. I've done 4-player Ice Climbers with items on very high and **** all over the place and there has never been even a slight hint of lag.

On Fountain of Dreams there's lag if there's 4 people.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.3: ant/judge are the same person so that can be pretty quick.

that better mean in a gay sense.

Posted by S

Judge, when are you up for a round?

Posted by Mystic Hero

Ok so just to make it clear, no offense to you Ant because you're actually really **** fun to fight, but I have a red connection with him and would like a rematch up. If by some chance I cannot receive the rematch up, I'll just deal with it and see if I can get through the lag. No worries, but I would rather fight someone that I get a little less lag with and can fight more at my best than with lag spikes occuring every minute or so. This is of course, on the basis that not many matches have taken place yet and there are still openings for a switch up. I think the only two people I get red connections with are Ant and Linko. I should be fine with whoever else.

Posted by Alastor

[IMG]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x65/Dystorce/VGCTourney1Bracket1-2.jpg[/IMG]

We switched you and David. Is that suitable? I'm pretty sure Junior Senior lives in New York, so that's good for you, and David's in Arizona, so he's sure to have a good connection with Ant.

Posted by maian

I've had good connections with everyone thus far, so shouldn't be a problem to me. Unban pirate ship lol :cookie:

I have no problem with that. When would you like to have our manly duel for honour, sir Ant?

Posted by junior senior

ok, i understand that ill be eliminated by the first round lol

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Linko, you've to set a time and day for playing Vamp.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Mystic Hero: Ok so just to make it clear, no offense to you Ant because you're actually really **** fun to fight, but I have a red connection with him and would like a rematch up. If by some chance I cannot receive the rematch up, I'll just deal with it and see if I can get through the lag. No worries, but I would rather fight someone that I get a little less lag with and can fight more at my best than with lag spikes occuring every minute or so. This is of course, on the basis that not many matches have taken place yet and there are still openings for a switch up. I think the only two people I get red connections with are Ant and Linko. I should be fine with whoever else.

It's cool, though I'd like to play you again since the time we did play I was **** tired at 9am.

Quoting David M. Awesome: I have no problem with that. When would you like to have our manly duel for honour, sir Ant?

Probably Wednesday would be best for me. And if not then some weekend evening.

I can make Wednesday work if Linko will let met use his Wii.

Posted by Alastor

Guess we're underway, then. This round will run until Monday, so everyone get your matches in before then!

maian, we can have ours whenever. I don't have any plans until Monday, so I'm free all week.

Posted by Ant

so like, we can have practice matches and then decide and be like "OKAY, THESE ARE GOING TO BE OUR MATCHES" or what?

Posted by Iris

Post the agreed upon date, then fight, then post results! Practice matches are allowed, of course, but you guys have to agree on a date for the tournament match to begin.

If you're free this evening, I'm sure that I could persuade Linko into letting me use his Wii for a while when we're done with classes for the day, and we could have some practice matches then. We could probably do a few more on Wednesday as well before our "official" three matches, if that's what you meant.

Posted by Iris

Something about "persuade Linko" made me laugh.

Anyways, when's that Aeroshadow kid gonna post his friend code? I wanna get this round over with as soon as possible so we can advance to the second round early.

Well, when you put it in quotes like that, it does. D:

Posted by Ant

Quoting David M. Awesome: If you're free this evening, I'm sure that I could persuade Linko into letting me use his Wii for a while when we're done with classes for the day, and we could have some practice matches then. We could probably do a few more on Wednesday as well before our "official" three matches, if that's what you meant.

I should be available most of the night tonight.

It's a date. :cookie2:

Posted by Linko_16

[quote=Rupty]HANDS OFF MY piece o' cake

As obvious a joke as that is, it's still weird to hear someone else say it. Lol.

X-treme version: DON'T TRY to get your HANDS OFF my PIECE O CAKE.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

LINKO, A TIME AND A DATE FOR VAMP PLZ

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting JUNIOR SENIOR: ok, i understand that ill be eliminated by the first round lol

It's ok JS, I'll take it easy with you so I get some enjoyment out of the match rather than a 2 minute rape. That's no fun. :(

I'll PM you for a time and date.

[QUOTE=Ant]It's cool, though I'd like to play you again since the time we did play I was **** tired at 9am.

Edit: Ant, you and me were both out of it lol. I was up all night brawling with friends that I barely had the motor skills to keep up with you during those mathces.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting The X: LINKO, A TIME AND A DATE FOR VAMP PLZ

Oh, sorry, I didn't know you meant before to tell you when I was available, I'd just PM'd Vamp.

[quote]Tuesday and Wednesday are bad for me, but I can make it Thursday if it's after 2:30 PM Mountain Standard, Friday if it's after 12:30 PM Mountain Standard, And any time Saturday or Sunday. No worries about staying up late if I have to.

If there are two times you have available, I'd prefer if we could Brawl once just for fun so we can test our skills and know more about what to expect. If you prefer to go in totally blind to one another's abilities, that's cool too.

That's what I told him. If you're asking me to pick my own time and just let him adjust to it, how about 6:00 PM Mountain Standard on Thursday?

Posted by Arcadios

Me and Red will have our match Thursday.
IT HAS BEEN DECIDED.

Posted by Alastor

Hopefully maian can remain ungrounded or whatever for at least one day this week. A forfeit would be lame.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Linko_16;834760][COLOR=indigo]Oh, sorry, I didn't know you meant before to tell you when I was available, I'd just PM'd Vamp.[/COLOR]Yeah, I was supposed to relay it to him. He doesn't visit VGC any more. I'll tell him the time you suggested!

Posted by maian

I've been ungrounded for a couple weeks now. I'll be fine. :cookie: Although I'll have to get back on you on the date. I'd love to practice, though.

Posted by The Judge

[QUOTE=S

Posted by S

I can give it a try but no promises. If I'm on AIM, shoot me a message. My life is erratic lately. Lots of late work nights, and school.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting maian: Although I'll have to get back on you on the date.

Well, you choose. Like I said, I'm free all week long. Whenever's convenient for you is convenient for me.

[quote]I'd love to practice, though.

Just one or two. I kinda wanna keep a little surprise in the actual matches. I probably won't use my mains for practice, either.

Posted by The Judge

THERE HAVE BEEN A FEW CHANGES MADE TO THE BRACKETS, JUST SO YOU KNOW.

I'll post them here:

See you at the games!

Posted by Alastor

Ow, my eyes.

Posted by Zeta

I... I can't even read that...

Posted by Alastor

lol, Custom Stages.

Posted by Mystic Hero

OK so I won my matches against JS.

Good games JS, but you need to stop being so predictable with Kirby. :(

99 stock match in the ANGRY DOME. It'll be great, I'll play as Bowser and Red can be Dedede.

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

hey, I got my FC posted in the FC thread, so whenever my match is, i'm ready.

Posted by Red

got my [url=http://www.vgchat.com/showpost.php?p=839293&postcount=381]Brawl FC[/url]

and I've added everyone involved in the tournament, and hope you will all do the same.

Posted by Arcadios

nigger, get on msn.

Posted by S

Judge, I won't be on. Stuck at work, probably till later than midnight tonight. Bad break, my only day off for the most part too. ****ty.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting The X: Yeah, I was supposed to relay it to him. He doesn't visit VGC any more.

Wait, Vamp quit VGC? Why? And, uh, how are you contacting him, can't I just talk to him directly?

Posted by Ant

I managed to best David in a couple of really intense battles. I'm the first character every one of these.

First Match: Lucas vs Ike. Overall, I'd say I got my *** kicked the majority of that battle, and it all started with ****ing Latios. Got pretty close in the end though with us both up 100% on the last match. Though I lost :(

Second Match: Peach vs Wolf. Right when I saw Wolf I was like "fuuuuuuuuuuuck" The items in that match(along with David) kicked my *** major in the beginning of the match. ****ing Soccer ball death and capsule bomb. Somehow I managed to get him down to one life with only 100 percent damage. AND THANK THE HEAVENS, final smash comes and I SMASH it. I go for all the peaches. brings me back down to 70% or so and him the same. THEN ANOTHER SMASH BALL APPEARS and I get even more peaches to bring me down to 0% And I finally get in a good hit and kill him. I

After that battle I had to take a minute break. I was so ****ing jittery. Anyways, onto THE FINAL BATTLE.

Metaknight vs Toonlink. I'd say this was just a pretty good match. Items didn't come into play THAT much, though on the first stock I managed to perfect shield his FS. Later on I got him with 2 FS's one of which killed. Overall, I'm just glad I picked Metaknight, anyone else I would have been ****ed.

Great matches again David!

Bah, I thought for sure that I was going to finish you with Wolf for a decisive victory.

Toon Link was just a bad choice, I'm really not very good with him. I would have done better with Dedede, honestly.

In any case, I don't really feel like I lost to you so much as those ****ed smash balls and a lot of bad decisions (LET'S TRY TO KNOCK THE SMASH BALL OUT OF METAKNIGHT LOL). Good game, anyways. I'll be ready for you next time around.

Posted by Alastor

Sounded like exciting matches. :cool:

I'll update the first post's bracket in a few minutes.

Edit: maian, set a date for us, you jerk!

Posted by WillisGreeny

So, does this mean I'm playing Iris instead of The X? :( I was looking forward to it.

Posted by Alastor

Huh? No, you're still set to play X...

Posted by WillisGreeny

Oh! Good... HEY X! WE NEED TO PLAY!!!

Posted by Alastor

I keep the bracket in the [url=http://www.vgchat.com/showpost.php?p=833465&postcount=1]first post[/url] updated, if that helps. :)

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Alastor, one month, possible 32 man tournament I'm going to attempt to conduct, it'll include a prize for sure. I mention it because I got some good ideas from here :D I think I found a way to speed things up, but I'm still working on tweaks and rules, and other shat. Just laying down a thank you :-*

Posted by Alastor

Sure. No one else has given any ideas yet. :cool:

You think you can actually get 32 people, though? There were only like three or four people I noticed that play Brawl here that didn't sign up.

Hey guys like my new avatar? :cookie:

Posted by S

I'm home until 6:30 PM today Judge. Give me a msg if you are available.

Posted by Iris

Aeroshadow needs to hurry up and request a date. :mad:

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

[quote=Alastor;839407]You think you can actually get 32 people, though? There were only like three or four people I noticed that play Brawl here that didn't sign up.

I have a website, I'm going to try to implement brawl on it outside of the other **** on it. A section just to hold tournaments maybe on a monthly basis. I'm going to go by the rules most savagely used by the fags. In maybe a month I'll probably create a thread about it later on though.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Ok I won my matches against Junior Senior.

Posted by junior senior

don't rub it in- i beat you twice ;)

howcome my opponent changed, anyway?

Posted by Ant

bad connection get.

Posted by Red

with the wii, is there really such thing as a good connection.

honestly, out of the maybe 10 matches I've had so far, all have been laggy and annoying, some muuucch worse than others.

oh, and has anyone seen Arc?, we were suposed to have our match today.

Posted by maian

Dan, how about Sunday?

Posted by Alastor

I think he had to work today. Catching him on MSN is your best bet. He's not on right now, though.

Edit: Sunday's fine for me. Just catch me on AIM. I was going to add that lately I haven't been waking up until noon - 2 PM EST, but that's like 9 - 11 for you, so it's no big deal, since we'll probably play in the afternoon, anyways.

Posted by maian

I could play today, except we may not be able to get our matches in. :cookie:

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Linko_16;839337][COLOR=indigo]Wait, Vamp quit VGC? Why? And, uh, how are you contacting him, can't I just talk to him directly?[/COLOR]
He just doesn't use his computer any more. I still see him on XBL, though.

Willis, get the **** on MSN!

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Red: with the wii, is there really such thing as a good connection.

honestly, out of the maybe 10 matches I've had so far, all have been laggy and annoying, some muuucch worse than others.

oh, and has anyone seen Arc?, we were suposed to have our match today.

Actually you can come pretty close to very little lag witha green connection and depending on how far you are from your opponent. I get very little lag when playing with people that live in the same state as I do and even less lag against my friends that live in my general area. Green connections for me make lag rare.

PS: X you better win your match man because I want to fight you.

Posted by Red

Quoting Mystic Hero: Actually you can come pretty close to very little lag witha green connection and depending on how far you are from your opponent. I get very little lag when playing with people that live in the same state as I do and even less lag against my friends that live in my general area. Green connections for me make lag rare.

Colonel who lives a few streets away from me. is yellow connection for some reason.

thankfully though I have a neighbor two doors down (Peahat) who has brawl.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Red: Colonel who lives a few streets away from me. is yellow connection for some reason.

thankfully though I have a neighbor two doors down (Peahat) who has brawl.

Keep in mind some people have bad connections in their area too. My friend lives at the end of the internet connection signal on his street so he very often lags out.

Posted by The Judge

[QUOTE=S

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Mystic Hero:

PS: X you better win your match man because I want to fight you.

Well well...

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

SATURDAY 2PM WILLISGREENY WILL EAT THE FLOOR

Posted by Linko_16

Still no word from Vamp, X? 'cause the time I proposed is a half-hour away.

As long as he chooses a time within those boundaries I mentioned, I can match that instead.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

He says he'll get on his computer to discuss it... Soon? MOTHER****ER

Posted by Ant

oh him

Posted by Iris

If Aeroshadow doesn't post here do I automatically advance? :(

Posted by Ant

Umm. I saw him post a friend code. perhaps you should PM him?

Posted by Iris

I've got him added, I just haven't seen him since. Besides, I thought a time should be settled in this thread. :(

Posted by junior senior

i dont even think he's going to be back...
hey iris! you can battle me and automatically advance!!

Posted by Alastor

Good matches, maian. I was really dominating the third one, then during your valiant comeback, I just happened to get two Landmasters... :link:

Posted by Ant

****ing landmaster. **** that thing.

Posted by Alastor

What's wrong? Not PEACHY! enough for you?

Posted by Ant

Not Arwing/Wolfen enough for me! :mad:

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting The X: He says he'll get on his computer to discuss it... Soon? MOTHER****ER

Well, I'll try to stay on AIM as often as I can, I guess.

Posted by Ant

You fags better hurry. I mean, only have 4 days left, I think?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

When's the deadline? Monday?

Posted by Alastor

Yep.

Posted by maian

Ugh.

>_>

I wouldn't be too disappointed with my loss if it wasn't for TWO fscking Landmasters. It's really a shame that happened. :(

Me and Dan had a pretty epic first match at Smashville. We were even pretty much the whole time, and at one point in the end, he knocked me off. I totally could have recovered, but I decided to dip recover instead. (I have no idea if that has an actual name, but I'm referring to the tactic where you sink low below the platform, then recover just to the edge) Well...I was too used to doing that with Melee Young Link, sunk too low, and died. =/ That was a shame, because the match could've gone either way. Me and Dan were both at high percentages.

...Ironically, the next match went pretty much the same, on Dan's part. High damages near the end, Final Destination, etc. Could've gone either way. And then, Dan got caught under the ledge. So both of our wins were due to our opponents not recovering right. :cookie:

So, the final, epic match, set on Halberd. I'm Toon Link, Dan is Wolf. He pretty much kicked my butt with the first life, I barely even got a hit. However, this didn't really worry me, since the last match went pretty much the same with Fox, and I came back. And, then, FINAL SMASH LOL! Dan gets it with some single final smash breaking move, landmaster'd, totally took me out, and I think piled up some moar damage with my next life. So, I fight him, he's now like, two stock ahead of me. I take him out, and shortly after, what should happen but another Smash Ball show up? He gets it, I knock it out, and with like, another single move, he gets it again. LANDMASTER LOL. From there, I was owned. =/

Point in Case? I think Final Smashes should be banned from tournaments. :cool: Not really because it made me lose my match, but I noticed how completely unbalanced they really are. Let's take, Fox for example. His Dair is the spiral down kick. Takes out the Smash Ball in one move. And then, he gets a LANDMASTER LOL. So, how to avoid this thing? Touching any side of it will deal good damage. If you get on top, it can roll. If you jump to avoid the roll, it can jet up and KO you off screen. Or, you can be owned by its lasers. And, it's MASSIVE, so it's nearly impossible to avoid on smaller stages, which are typically tournament stages.

And then, there's Toon Link, who has Triforce Slash. I truly epic and powerful move, but very hard to place if you're playing a good opponent. Not only that, but it's a single move, as opposed to Landmaster, where you can easily thrive on and ravage your opponent's next stock life after already taking one.

So, the unfairness lies in that someone like Fox can break the Smash Ball in one single move, activate it immediately, and totally rape whoever's on the stage, whereas someone like Toon Link has to hit it with multiple aerial attacks while fighting off the offender, and then hope it doesn't get knocked out while you try to place your move, which may very well miss. I'm using the Fox/TL comparison because of my matches last night, but it applies to a lot of characters, really. >_>

Posted by Alastor

Yeah, I'm not so sure I would've won without the LANDMASTER. With Wolf's weight, it's easy to use TL's up smash and then rack up some air combos, like you kept doing to me last night. Could've gone either way. :o

Like I've said before, there'll be tournaments without Smash Balls in the future and everything. It's all just for kicks. Except Bulb's. Apparently the next tournament will have a prize. :O

Posted by maian

:-*

Oh well, I'm not really complaining, since we were pretty much even. I think it's just my pride coming in, not wanting to admit I lost the first ever VGC tournament to Landmasters. :(

Posted by Alastor

Everybody loses to Landmasters. Landmasters even lose to Landmasters.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I've gotten two KOs in a 1v1 with a single Landmaster before. **** is SO cash.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Willis, you around? I'm trying to talk over MSN, but no response.

Posted by WillisGreeny

X and I are having some major connection issues.
Error: 86420 Sucks so much.
Last chance tomorrow.

Posted by Linko_16

I caught Vamp on MSN today and made a date to do our Brawl tonight, but he never showed. I'll try to be on at all times tomorrow and possibly catch him again.

Posted by Ant

if not, YOU WIN!

Posted by Iris

Aeroshadow5098 [IMG]http://vgchat.com/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif[/IMG]
Triforce Eater
[IMG]http://vgchat.com/customavatars/avatar8430149_1.gif[/IMG]Last Activity: 04-09-2008 07:36 PM

Yeah, I PMed him and all, but no response.

Posted by Alastor

If the matches aren't in today, Iris and Linko both advance. I'm not sure about anyone else.

Posted by Arcadios

i is a winar

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Me and Willis keep getting the 86420 (BRAWL SERVERS ARE BUSY) error. I'm willing to bet it's my fault (scotland lol), so if we can't get another try in before tomorrow, Willis can go ahead.

Posted by Iris

You'll always be remembered as a hero.

Posted by Ant

strange, I would always think of him as that loser that lives in scotland.

Posted by Iris

Heroes can be losers from Scotland, who says they can't?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

It's just frustrating, because it's worked with no problems before now. 86420 came up with Iris once, but I've played a bunch of other guys with no problems.

Posted by Ant

Hmm, must be Willis then. THE X WINS!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Nah, I don't think anyone's to blame. It's better to let Willis go on, since he'll have smoother connections anyway.

Posted by Alastor

How noble.

I'll update the bracket after another match rolls in. I never did update it for Arc.

Posted by The Judge

FIRST MATCH: Ike vs. Metaknight on FD.
Battle went pretty good. It was a fairly even match, and it wasn't of any interest really. I won though.
SECOND MATCH: Ike vs. Marth on FD.
The big mushroom really helped Solrok in that battle, as he got a pretty good one hit kill on me. At one point I got a final smash in midair on him to even the score, but at the last part, I got too eager for the smash ball and fell off the edge. He won.
THIRD MATCH: Ike vs. Metaknight on Castle Siege.
This battle went really ****ty for Solrok right from the get-go. The first thing that happened was he charged an attack with the superscope, and I nicked him with the end of a forward b. It sent him off the edge, and he shot the gun at that point, but was unable to recover. Next, I got the bat, and threw it at him within 30 seconds of killing him before, and it killed him again. He came again and we fought for a few seconds, at which point I knocked him off the other edge, and as he got up, I charged a swing. It wouldn't have hit, but the stage changed right then, and he became on the same level as me. From that point on, being up 4 to 1, he became psycho cautious, and got me with a final smash once, and managed to bring me down to two lives. However, I got a final smash on him eventually, and killed him.

A winar is me.

Posted by Alastor

>Ike
>Ike
>Ike

I noticed that, too. Have some variety, Sol. You were Ike in all but one of our matches. :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Hey, nothing wrong with sticking with a favorite... it's a tournament, remember.

Posted by Alastor

Which is why I tacked on the part about our matches. We had about ten or so matches earlier this afternoon, and he was Ike in all but one of those. It's completely nderstandable in a tournament (Hell, I went Wolf - Fox - Wolf in my matches with maian), but for just casual play, some variety is nice.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Iris: Heroes can be losers from Scotland, who says they can't?

I think of Mel Gibson. Oh! And that guy who invented logarithms!

Quoting Ant: Hmm, must be Willis then. THE X WINS!

That's your answer for all the world's problems. Why so many poor people? Why aids? Willis Willis Willis... :(

Quoting Alastor: How noble.

Thanks, X.

Posted by Alastor

Vamp's got until midnight (Linko's time, about an hour and a half left), then he forfeits. I have the entire round 2 bracket ready already, since I doubt he'll show.

Posted by maian

I'LL FIGHT EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T HAVE A MATCH

COME ON SON

Posted by S

Grats to Judge on the win. Best man won. That last match so ****ed me over lol, I'd have liked one more on par just for the sake of it being a great ending but oh well.

Posted by Alastor

[IMG]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x65/Dystorce/VGCTourney1Bracket2.jpg[/IMG]

Here's the current bracket.

Vamp and Aeroshadow forfeit for not showing up, and The X willingly forfeits due to connection issues. Everyone else won their matches.

Round 2 will run until Friday night at midnight. Get your matches in before then.

Judge, I'm free all week, except tomorrow from about 5 PM to 8 PM, EST.

Posted by Ant

Linko! Either Wednesday or Friday will be best for me as I should be available all day and night. Whichever is better for you. Or late night Tuesday/Thursday!

Posted by Corrupt

Oh ***, you two have to have an honorable Ye Olde Jigglypuff Ditto. Just... yeah. And soon we should all have what I like to call a "Ye Olde Jigglypuff Three-way." Maybe Linko and I should have a match beforehand to determine who gets to wear the sunhat :o

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Alastor: [IMG]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x65/Dystorce/VGCTourney1Bracket2.jpg[/IMG]

Here's the current bracket.

Vamp and Aeroshadow forfeit for not showing up, and The X willingly forfeits due to connection issues. Everyone else won their matches.

Round 2 will run until Friday night at midnight. Get your matches in before then.

Judge, I'm free all week, except tomorrow from about 5 PM to 8 PM, EST.

Tomorrow when you're available then, probably at night, maybe 10 your time. WE'LL GO.

EDIT: Er...today.

Posted by Arcadios

Work schedule for this week:
Sunday-5:30PM to 11:30PM
Monday-Off
Tuesday-5:30PM to 11:30 PM
Wednesday-4:00PM to 10:00PM
Thursday-Off
Friday-5:30PM to 11:30PM
Saturday-2:00PM to 10:00PM

Anything before 1PM I have school so pick whichever time works for the both of us, Iris.

Posted by S

Arc & Alastor: I don't necessarily agree on having variety as a strength this early into the game. I'd rather have one, concrete and reliable strategy, than two weaker strategies from split time. Bare in mind, I was only using Ike in specific for the tournament and when I'm actually 100% serious about the matches; if it's just messing around, I play Lucario, Weegee, Falco, Mario, Captain Falcon, Snake, and Pikachu a lot. I have the most fun as Ike though, so I don't see a problem.

Posted by Iris

Today is good if you want. Do you want to practice first?

Posted by Alastor

Well, play however you want to. You were training, so it's completely understandable. For casual play, though, I hate playing the same character over and over and over, no matter what their reasons.

...But Ike is one of the less annoying every-round characters. Probably because A) he doesn't have any projectiles and B) 90% of the experience I've had with single-character whores involves Zelda. I'm not just picking on Iris or S2 here, either (especially not Iris, since she manages to change it up quite often until she loses a few consecutive times, but I'm the same way ;)). I've seen quite a few Zelda whores on With Anyone. :(

Posted by Iris

I always use Zelda when I get an opportunity to improve my play! That's the point of mains, right? :cool:

But yeah, I see too many Zelda/Snake/etc whores on basic brawl who just chill and attack from afar until they can steal kills.

I chase those people all over the ****ing stage to make them participate! :cookie:

Posted by Iris

I try but then some gung ho Toon Link or something picks me off and doesn't mess with the camper. :(

Posted by Arcadios

Anytime today is good and yea. Let's have a couple of practice matches first.

Posted by Alastor

Sorry, Judge, I'm not up for a match today. I've been multitasking with crap for the past hour or two, I'm about to eat, I'm still busy, probably will be for a while, etc. Any time for the rest of the week should be fine, though.

Posted by Iris

Arc, next matches we have will be the tournament ones.

Posted by O.T.L

i missed the tourny !?! thats gay ... ->- [O_o] all this time i have been wanting to show my skeelz

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Iris: Arc, next matches we have will be the tournament ones.

I've got the room set up. ;_;

Posted by Alastor

Quoting oswaldothelegend: i missed the tourny !?!

NIKKA YOU SLOW LOL

[quote=oswaldothelegend;840524]i missed the tourny !?! thats gay ... ->- [O_o] all this time i have been wanting to show my skeelz

You should lurk moar.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Willis I'll fight you anytime this week. Look me up online at night or IM me, either or.

Posted by WillisGreeny

aight.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

SO WHERE BE UPDATE!

Posted by Alastor

What update?

Sorry, yesterday was the last update for the Smash Bros. Dojo. >:

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

I meant the guys who went face to face, update on that :-x

Posted by Arcadios

Nothing yet.

Posted by Alastor

Yeah, no one's had matches yet. Arc waited for Iris for like four ****ing hours last night.

Edit: The current bracket is always in the first post. I edit it whenever need be.

Posted by Iris

I got out of my match with Bulb to play Arc, but he never joined my room and just left, so I did too. I checked back after a while a couple times too and didn't see him.

Posted by Alastor

He had a room open for like an hour, and played with me, Linko, Corrupt and maian for like another 3 hours after he got tired of waiting, and every time he'd get his green screen (like every 2 or 3 matches), he'd check for you on Brawl and AIM. He never left, you did.

Posted by Iris

How late? I played with him in a free for all earlier that night. He joined Bulbs's room and I followed. He left the room, so I did too after a couple matches. he was still online so I made a room and he never joined, so I just went off and checked back in 30 minutes and he was offline. I wasn't about to stay up past 1 or 2 in the morning to catch him on.

We can still play today or tomorrow or whenever he gets a chance.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Iris: How late? I played with him in a free for all earlier that night. He joined Bulbs's room and I followed. He left the room, so I did too after a couple matches. he was still online so I made a room and he never joined, so I just went off and checked back in 30 minutes and he was offline. I wasn't about to stay up past 1 or 2 in the morning to catch him on.

We can still play today or tomorrow or whenever he gets a chance.

If only Nintendo had an instant messenger.

Posted by Alastor

Until like 3 or 4 AM EST, I think.

Posted by Arcadios

Bleh, don't worry about it.
Thursday I'm free from 1PM to the rest of the day so it would be best then.

Posted by Alastor

ggs, Judge. Marth could've won it for you. I had no idea you were such a beasty with him. :(

Valiant last stand as Lucario, too. I'm ashamed that I lost 3 stock after dominating so hard for the rest of the match. :(

Posted by Arcadios

OUR MATCH IS TOMORROW

Posted by Alastor

Oh, for the record, I won. Arc said my post made it sound like I lost. It went Judge - me - me. The "last stand" bit was about our last match, my Fox vs his Lucario. I got him down to his last stock without losing any of mine, and in that one stock he took three of mine.

Jewcario can be a beast like that.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Won my matches against Willis. Good fights man.

Posted by Linko_16

I just beat Ant, but barely. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Round 1: PKMN Trainer vs. Metaknight
A very even round, for the most part. Our lives were neck-and-neck for the first two (I started with Charizard); Ant really piled the damage on me, but thanks to the hard-hitting power of Charizard and Squirtle, I was able to KO him at low percentages to make up for it. On our third life, I gained a lead as Ivysaur, but then botched the rest of it by getting mauled and losing a life without putting any damage on Ant. Last life, Charizard vs. Metaknight, was intense, but I turned out to be the victor. There was one smash ball appearance, which I got, but I didn't do any damage with it... you just CANNOT hit anybody with Triple Finish.

Round 2: Wario vs. Lucas
Ant plays a mean Lucas. I lost my first life without being able to do a whole lot of damage to him, so I spent the rest of the match playing catch-up. Luckily, I was able to avoid any damage from his PK Starstorm in my second life (he was still on his first), and after some intense brawling, I used Wario Man to bring him down to his last life while I was on mine also, with a fair amount of damage on me at the time. But alas, I couldn't make it - he finished me.

FINAL ROUND: Weegee vs. Peach
This battle was INTENSE. Very close. Like the previous match, I lost a life early on, from an accidental suicide at 80%-ish. Early into my second life, I gained a smash ball, but Ant avoided my Negative Zone (I always forget to wait until they're on the ground), so it didn't help, but I did KO him afterwards without gaining too much damage. I forget how exactly the battle progressed, but I KO'd him twice and he KO'd me only once, one of my KO's being from a successful Negative Zone. I was feeling confident with one life ahead, but I only got him to maybe 50% before I was KO'd making us even on lives. It really heated up then and might've been anyone's game, but unfortunately, Ant accidentally suicided trying to confuse my attempts to deny him recovery. Ugh, anti-climactic.

You rock, Ant. In the future, there's a tournament with your name on it.

Posted by Ant

Also for those wondering the matches were on these stages in the following order: Delfino, Pictochat(I wanted Halberd but accidentally picked this instead.), and Final Destination.

Very good matches indeed. I wish I would have been able to get at least one of those smash balls in that last match. Though the items as a whole I wouldn't say gave an advantage to either player more so than the other.

Regardless, good luck against Iris/Zelda or Arcadios/Luigi!

Posted by Arcadios

;__________________________________________________;

Smash balls.

Posted by Alastor

Iris will get them all. She has Din's Fire, remember? That's like a Smash Ball Gimme.

[quote=Alastor;840954]Iris will get them all. She has Din's Fire, remember? That's like a Smash Ball Gimme.

See? Alastor gets me, at least. ;)

Posted by Alastor

...You lost me.

frylookingsuspiciously.jpg

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Iris better win :@

:cool:

Posted by Arcadios

Thanks for the load of confidence. *oscar*

Posted by Alastor

Cheering for Arc mainly because I don't want there to be a possibility that I have to fight Iris myself. :amy:

Posted by Mystic Hero

I'm actually hoping she wins because if I win against Alastor it'll be a pleasure to fight her in the finals. :cool:

Posted by Arcadios

Yea, well **** you too, buddy. :(

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

[quote=Arcadios;841005]Thanks for the load of confidence. *oscar*

what load of confidence, I've been rooting for Iris :-*

Posted by S

Gogo Iris!
Kick her *** Arc! Or at least give her a good run for her money!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

IRIS IRIS IRIS IRIS!

Posted by Alastor

NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS ARC! NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS

Posted by Arcadios

Lucas*

NOTHING'S GONNA HAPPEN TONIGHT
My internet broke. Waiting on my cousin to fix so I called him up to get his *** here tonight.
If I don't get it fix'd then she auto advances to the semi-finals.

Posted by Alastor

Jeez, Iris is getting a free ride to the finals. At this rate Linko will have to do some kind of 3-day poem or something so that Iris auto-advances. :mad:

Hey guys, Linko is going to a Futa Lovers convention and is dropping out of the tournament, he said that I should take his place. :cookie:

Posted by Alastor

oh u

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting David M. Awesome: Hey guys, Linko is going to a Futa Lovers convention and is dropping out of the tournament, he said that I should take his place. :cookie:

Oh you.

EDIT - oh, that's exactly what Dan said. HOW DROLL.

DOUBLE EDIT - I'm cool with waiting for Arc's internet to get fixed to have a proper match. I mean, I think it's a little much for a contestant to auto-advance twice in a row when all we have to do is wait a little longer to have the match instead.

Posted by Zeta

Arc, use Yoshi! When I was fighting Iris last week the only time I beat her was with Yoshi.

Or maybe it was just the items idk

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Linko_16: I'm cool with waiting for Arc's internet to get fixed to have a proper match. I mean, I think it's a little much for a contestant to auto-advance twice in a row when all we have to do is wait a little longer to have the match instead.

Agreed. Not like two more days will kill anyone, and two byes for anyone is just lame.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Mystic Hero: Won my matches against Willis. Good fights man.

Good for you; embarrassing for me. :(

I played as if I was holding the wii-mote upside down.

Posted by O.T.L

I think iris will win the whole thing... man ! i cant wait for the next tournament hopefully people will remember me :( and be like hey oswaldothelegend wants to be in a tourny and stuff....

seriously i will win the next tournament held..... mark my words ... with a highlighter...... *spooky smily face*

Posted by Arcadios

I don't think so, Tim.

Posted by S

Quoting WillisGreeny: Good for you; embarrassing for me. :(

I played as if I was holding the wii-mote upside down.

Don't deal well with pressure?

Posted by Alastor

Oswaldo, if you want in the next one, sign up on time. Whether people remember you wanting in by the time the next one rolls around is completely irrelevant. :o

Posted by The Judge

Skra, I should've stuck with Marth. Oh well.

Posted by Ant

should've stuck with Lucas. oh well.

Posted by Iris

That's for the support guys, but I don't want to auto-advance again, really. Both Arc and I are having our issues, so we may have to get in a match after he gets home from work tomorrow. If we can't get the match in by Sunday, I'm okay with us both staying out and the 3 finalists having sets of matches, since it's as much my fault for not getting the match in as it is his.

Anyways, I hope to steal as many smash balls as possible if we do get our matches in. Hopefully Arc will be able to set a date before Sunday that we can both work with.

Posted by Iris

Got in the match today. Iris won.

Posted by Arcadios

Said Arcadios.

So....yea.
Win's a win. :(

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

hay iris bby =*

Posted by Alastor

Semifinals will run from today (Friday, just hit midnight in my timezone) until Sunday. Mystic, I'm available all weekend. Name a time convenient for you.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Oh **** it, depends what I'm doing this weekend. I might leave, may not, I don't know. But making the deadline Sunday is bad for me. If you want I'm on right now, we could just have the match be doen with it. I'm going ot turn my pc off soon, but im on brawl so it's up to you.

Edit: wait yeah I'm leaving this weekend, won't be back until late Sunday night. I don't know if I'll be up for brawlin when i get back.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

DO IT DO IT DO IT

Posted by Alastor

*sigh* Fine, I'll be up for a while anyway.

What time?

Posted by Ant

LANDMASTER!!!!~

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Alastor: *sigh* Fine, I'll be up for a while anyway.

What time?

How about the next room I make. My pc is off so I`m on the wii. Switching to internet channel is annoying so jump in the next game I make when I log back on.

Posted by Alastor

How about one practice and then the matches, Mystic? Or would you prefer more practice? You just got off of Basic Brawl, so one should be fine, I think. Whatever you want to do, though.

STOP SEEKING A BRAWL. YOU ARE IMPATIENT.

Jesus, you've been in that room for like 10 minutes and I can't even join it. FIGURE YOU WOULD'VE BACKED OUT BY NOW LOL

Posted by Arcadios

Dan won. Mystic was being impatient trying to play off the first round as practice when he forced the real matches on Dan and lost.
Now it's up to Linko and Iris!

Posted by Alastor

I have no idea what's going on anymore. Mystic never agreed to one practice match first and I was tired of waiting, so I decided to just go ahead with the actual matches. The first one certainly didn't feel like practice as close as it was. I won two in a row, and it was only after those that he realized I wanted a practice one first.

Edit: Okay, he didn't know until after our matches that I even wanted a practice. I don't know what to do.

Edit 2: ALRIGHT, FINALLY! That's resolved. Mystic was kind enough to give me the win since we both went into it with the mentality that neither of us wanted practice.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Alastor: I have no idea what's going on anymore. Mystic never agreed to one practice match first and I was tired of waiting, so I decided to just go ahead with the actual matches. The first one certainly didn't feel like practice as close as it was. I won two in a row, and it was only after those that he realized I wanted a practice one first.

Edit: Okay, he didn't know until after our matches that I even wanted a practice. I don't know what to do.

Edit 2: ALRIGHT, FINALLY! That's resolved. Mystic was kind enough to give me the win since we both went into it with the mentality that neither of us wanted practice.

I forgot to ask if you wanted practice rounds but I logged off and didn`t feel like going back to internet channel. Oh well, since we decided to not have them, good matches. It was really close lol both times. I hate myself for suicing on accident that one time. Stupid key attack. Good times never the less. Gl in the championship.

<--- Made it to the semis so I'm happy.

Edit: using the keyboard on wii is annoying. :(

Posted by Alastor

Thanks. And yeah, they were really close. That one suicide key was pretty funny from my end, but I can imagine how frustrated you were. I forget how much damage you had at that point, though.

Edit: Details for Ant and anyone else who might care.

Round 1: Toon Link vs Mr. Game & Watch @ Final Destination

A pretty straightforward match. It went back and forth for a good while. Mystic managed to mostly nullify Toon Link's down midair A with his up midair A and the gust of wind it creates when you don't hit with it directly, so I tried to stick more to the ground, relying heavily on (ie kinda whoring) the boomerang and quick arrows to give me openings. Mystic seemed to use a lot of air attacks with G&W, and I was kind of unprepared on how to deal with them, since not many people use G&W. Namely the forward midair and the down... I'm not used to G&W having that Toon Link style downward attack. I'm too used to the one from Melee for some reason (which is weird, because in Melee I hated G&W, and none of my friends used him, either).

I missed with a Smash Ball pretty early on (3 stock for each of us, or somewhere around there). Mystic picked up the second one to appear, but G&W's Final Smash is... really easy to dodge. Just a few roll dodges and standing still for a few seconds and I think I avoided it entirely.

tl;dr, back-and-forth battle, I won with one stock left and a fair amount of damage (about 50%, idk).

Round 2: Fox vs Mr. Game & Watch @ Battlefield

So both rounds we got Mystic's stage. This match started off like my match against Judge's Lucario, in that I dominated for a bit and then kinda fell apart. If I recall, I took down his first stock while only accumulating around 30%, but he started making a comeback after that. Even with the platforms of Battlefield, Mystic still managed to catch me off guard way too many times with G&W's down midair A. Mystic got a Smash Ball somewhat early on, but just like the FD match, it was kind of easy to avoid. I actually got hit a time or two this time, but nothing serious. That FS kinda blows in 1v1s...

I got a Landmaster about half way through the battle, but it turned out to be pretty useless. I think I only landed one hit, a Barrel Roll, on him the whole time I had it. Those platforms can be a nuisance, especially when using Fox's Landmaster. Wolf's and Falco's are easier for Battlefield. Anyway, about the same as the previous battle, but with Mystic giving me more of a run for my money. I had a comfortable 2-1 stock lead with about 40%, and he ****ing turned it on. He took down my next-to-last stock while he had no more than 15%, so I got a little nervous. I started attacking a little more aggressively than I had until that point (particularly running A and side smash), trying not to let him get any air moves on me. The damage kinda piled up on him, and I think I was able to win with about 55% or so on my last stock.

Again, good matches, Mystic, despite all of that practice confusion. If I got any details wrong, be sure to correct me. :link:

Posted by Linko_16

Attention VGC:

I'm not saying my victory's assured, but I keep hearing people saying, "Oh, so it's down to Dan and Iris now!" I am still in this thing... and you're hurting my feelings. :(

Posted by Alastor

LET'S GO LINKO
LET'S GO
CHA CHA

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

so it's dan vs iris :cool:

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.3: so it's dan vs iris :cool:

He was all "SHHIIIIIITTT" when I told him Din's fire up the ***. :D

Oh yeah and you missed that part about me throwing a bo-bomb at you straight in the face. That made me bol so hard. But yeah, good times man. The first match you won due to a nicely executed dodge and coutner down smash while i lagged after my move. You know, I saw it coming, but I was hoping either I wouldn't die after that hit, or you would roll. And I got a little nervous at the battlefield level towards the end so my airials got ****ed up and went right over your head. Ahhh well, all in good fun.

Posted by Alastor

Yeah, I did forget that part. Mystic threw a Bob-omb at me, WHILE I WAS HOLDING UP THE REFLECTOR, and it blew up on me. ;_;

Posted by Iris

I'm ready whenever, Linko. I actually want to get the matches out of the way as soon as possible since my online time has been steadily decreasing.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Alastor: Yeah, I did forget that part. Mystic threw a Bob-omb at me, WHILE I WAS HOLDING UP THE REFLECTOR, and it blew up on me. ;_;

Dude imo, that was the best part of both matches hands down. Just that moment, priceless.

Posted by Alastor

...But I had the Reflector up. ;_;

It wasn't a "Darg I put the reflector up at precisely the right time and the lag caused it to blow up before the reflector appeared" moment. I had the reflector out for a good 3 or 4 seconds and he chucked it at me anyway. I guess it hit the floor or something. :(

Posted by Mystic Hero

That's what made it so **** funny. I was actually planning on seeing if I could powershield it after it hit the reflector, but when that thing hit I just ****en bol'd.

Posted by Ant

The reflector loses power the longer you have it up.

Posted by S

I think the Bomb-omb's timer ran out the split second before it hit Alastor. Reflector can't reflect an explosion itself, only the projectile.

[quote=Ant;841274]The reflector loses power the longer you have it up.

Not Falco's. Falco's reflector is the new Mario's cape.

Posted by Ant

Well yeah, cause you can't keep it out forever. He was probably Wolf or Fox though.

He was Fox. Come to think of it, I've never fought his Fox. DAN I CHALLENGE YOU

Posted by Alastor

But I'm having Random sex with Zeta! :(

Surely you've fought me while I was Fox as many times as we've played...

[quote=Alastor;841306]But I'm having Random sex with Zeta! :(

Surely you've fought me while I was Fox as many times as we've played...

Not even once. I don't have Wii access right now anyways, we can do it some other day.

Posted by Alastor

You're sure? ODD.

Anyway, whenever. :cookie:

Posted by O.T.L

your right Alastor, I'll try to be here for the next one... :)

someone Pm me if ya wanna brawl.....

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

sorry i couldn't make it for the tournament. my internet's been down for a week or so, so i couldn't get online at all.

Posted by Alastor

Ah. Well, I'm sure you saw that you got knocked out by default. Sorry to hear about it, but it can't really be helped. The next tournament shouldn't be too far away, though. :)

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

it's alright. i kinda figured i would be bumped out. it's not like everyone would want to wait for just 1 person, but next time this hopefully won't happen since now i have a better connection

Posted by Alastor

Nothing's been set for it yet, but I'm sure it'll kick off very shortly after this one. Pretty sure Bulb's setting the rules and whatnot for the next one, as well as offering a prize.

About that, Bulb, you can do all of the rules and stuff, but I can still organize it sorta like I did this one if you'd like me to. You said earlier (in a rep, I think) that you might not have time to participate for trying to run it. I've got way too much free time for the next few weeks, so I can run it in the same way I did this one very easily, with you still setting the rules and such. I can whip up brackets and whatnot and edit the first post with new rules whenever you decide on them.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

I'm trying my *** off right now to add a brawl section to my site. The tournament I throw will probably have fag rules, mostly relating to competitive play, but it may need to be finished in a 3 day span from friday to sunday. A chatroom with people, and people from smashboards and other places may be in it. It may be four 16-man brackets.

The first one I throw, I will definitely reserve spots for people from here, but I can't guarantee who you'll fight. I'll probably leave first place with 4000 wii points, second with 2000. For this place however, if I can't seem to complete this in a decent amount of time, I'll mention it. Throw a tournament with whatever rules and I'll put up a prize for 2000 wii points. Yea, prize for you guys to have fun ;p

I say if in two weeks I can't seem to get myself running the brawl section, go ahead and start one as quickly as possible. I'll make a thread with a post relating to my tournament. But if I don't do that in 2 weeks, start one, I won't go back on my word :-*. I guess see how many people hate the smash ball first though :-x

Posted by Ant

I'd say about 95% of people do. In competitive play, yeah, I would prefer not to have it either.

Posted by Alastor

[QUOTE=Dark Bulb 4.3;841426]3 day span
[QUOTE=Dark Bulb 4.3;841426]four 16-man brackets

Jesus. Good luck with that.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

[quote=Alastor;841489]Jesus. Good luck with that.

I can't see it being too frustrating. One tournament takes a couple of hours, but people don't all do their matches at the same time. If everyone gets online at similar times during the day, it should go by like a breeze. 120 people take over 6 hours, but 120 people online should go by 3 to 4 times as fast.

If in theory, everyone is on at the right time. In theory.

Posted by Ant

so...linko and iris....ever get that match in?

Posted by Alastor

I don't think they did, which makes me wonder which if them would forfeit at the end of the day. :s

Posted by Ant

NEITHER! THEY BOTH LOSE!

Though I don't see the harm in letting it go one more day, and then whomever wins plays you in the same day?

Posted by Alastor

NO, I MUST HAVE A DEFAULT CHAMPIONSHIP WIN

Whatever I guess :cool:

If Linko doesn't mind, we can give Iris until midnight tomorrow night.

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, let's extend it for at least one day. Having a fair and even tournament's more important that getting it done exactly on some arbitrary date.

Posted by Linko_16

This tournament is now prophetic.

[quote=Linko_16;841913][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/Linko_16/TournamentProphecy.png[/IMG]

[COLOR=indigo]This tournament is now prophetic.[/COLOR]

I love you for this.

Posted by Alastor

How should the fact that I don't recognize who I am make me feel?

Posted by S

Linko is a dyke, Iris has a penis, and Alastor's a closet fag.

[quote=S

Posted by Iris

If Linko looked at dickgirl Clinton photos it'd be the funniest thing ever.

Posted by Alastor

Hey, hey, hey. I'm might be a few closet-things, but -fag isn't one of them. :(

And who said Linko doesn't look at dickgirl Clinton?

Come on, we all know that he does.

Posted by Linko_16

Oh, the web of woe I could spin upon all of you...

Posted by Alastor

I have a bad feeling about this...

Posted by Ant

PLAY THE ****ING MATCH ALREADY

Posted by Linko_16

A winner is me. Alas, item/FS faggotry played a large role.

Round 1: Weegee vs. Zelda, Smashville
I messed up hard in this one. Not only did Iris kick my *** thoroughly, I also suicided at least once (may have been twice). In the end I believe I lost while she had three whole lives left, no Final Smashes throughout the match. I chose Weegee as a basis for using his sneaky lead-in moves (Weegee Tornado, Torpedo) to get past a barrage of Din's Fires, but I didn't count on all those Zelda attacks that just surround her with a field of magic, negating whatever I'd walked up to do.

Round 2: ROB vs. Zelda, Delfino Plaza
This time I decided to go with ROB, a character I hadn't originally planned on using, but he's got projectiles, a decent range, and many quick attacks, allowing me to get at her without entering her horrible rape radius. For most of the match, though, I was sure that I was going to lose - Although I was doing better, it somehow came down to me with one life, her with two lives, both of us at 0%. However, at that point, it was almost as though a switch was flipped, because my strategy suddenly began working fabulously. I managed to KO her with only 30-40% on me, and, although it was very close, I finished her off before she could get me. It was a real g[color=indigo]o
dsend, though I was aided by some convenient items (thanks, beam sword, you really saved that one for me). Just like last match, there were no Final Smashes; I had begun to wonder if one of us accidentally had them off.

Final Round: ROB vs. Zelda, Delfino Plaza
Not wanting to change a thing, I chose the same character and the same stage, and was lucky enough to get the latter. This time, my strategy worked throughout, although items both greatly helped and hindered us both this time around. I was granted another beam sword just when I needed it to score the KO, and I score two whole Smash Balls, but I went and landed myself a whole life behind at some point by first getting sucked into Iris's curry breath, then blowing up a Bob-omb on myself when I somehow punched it instead of picking it up like I wanted (the same **** thing happened again later, but it didn't KO me). In the end, it was really close, but again, I pulled through this time.

Well done, Iris. I felt really bad pulling through just by the skin of my teeth after your victory seemed assured, especially when a lot of it had to do with the extra help I received from items and Final Smashes. Good luck in future tournaments.
[/color]

Posted by Arcadios

This was my face when I heard Linko won.
[IMG]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t301/ArcadiosZero/YuesConfession.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Alastor

[IMG]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x65/Dystorce/VGCTourney1Bracket4.jpg[/IMG]

DAN VS LINKO
HEAVEN OR HELL
LET'S ROCK

I'm up for the final tonight if you are, Linko. If you'd rather wait until tomorrow, that's fine with me. As luck would have it, I'm ****ing sick. Like a really bad cold. I'M GOING TO SNEEZE AND LOSE.

WHAT THE **** HOW CAN YOU BOTH BE SICK AT THE SAME TIME!?

Posted by Linko_16

That's just how strong the bond is between senpai and kohai.

Also, Dan and I have agreed on this over AIM, but just so everyone else knows, we're going to put it off a few days. Thursday by the latest.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

so it's iris vs alastor :cool:

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

wow, I read that wrong

IRIS :mad:

... <3 :(

I don't hate you linko :-*, its just I've been rooting for iris since the start :cool:

Don't worry Linko, I'm still your friend. :3

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Linko_16: That's just how strong the bond is between senpai and kohai.

<3

[QUOTE=Linko_16;842002]Also, Dan and I have agreed on this over AIM, but just so everyone else knows, we're going to put it off a few days. Thursday by the latest.

Yeah, we'll probably do it Wednesday or Thursday. 1) We're both sick, 2) Linko will be gone all day tomorrow or something. I've gotta go somewhere Wednesday, but I won't be gone but about an hour and a half, and Linko will probably still be at school or something anyways, since I'd be gone from... 2:45 to 4:00 or so, his time.

Posted by Iris

Sorry, Bulb. Once Linko went into survival mode it got a ton harder. He definitely used that last smash ball well.

Oh well, next tournament I'll be better.

...and on schedule.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

I still believe in you iris :-*

Play with me some more when you get the chance, I think I got better!

Posted by O.T.L

I've never gone against neither alastor or linko , so i cant tell who would win ... but I'm gonna go with Linko becuase its tough to beat iris even with items.....

P.S. linko i deleted you from my FC list a while back cuz you never brawled me , so delete me as well , and Ant .. why dont you ever brawl me :( 1v1 final destination , no items, time limit set to 8 minutes , I'm LINK ....

Posted by Alastor

Quoting oswaldothelegend: I've never gone against neither alastor or linko

You've played me before. Twice. First time we played it was about even, second time you beat me like ten times straight and I vowed never to play with you again until you learn to play something besides RED LINK FINAL DESTINATION. :)

[quote]why dont you ever brawl me :( 1v1 final destination , no items, time limit set to 8 minutes , I'm LINK ....

[quote]1v1 final destination , no items, time limit set to 8 minutes

[IMG]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x65/Dystorce/Reactions/1180754138876.jpg[/IMG]

There's your problem, buddy.

Posted by O.T.L

OOOO , K, i promise i will.... not always pick link and final destination... maybe thats why Arc left after our 1 match .... i was gonna pick wolf and warios lv cuz i thought Arc was alastor ...

Alastor i want you to win ! :) thanks for showing me the error of my ways :)

P.S. i wont pick link all the time against you ;) or FD

edit --- against anyone for that matter ... unless they request my link ;)

Posted by Alastor

People are a lot more likely to play with you if you don't pick the same character/stage all the time. Myself included. :cookie:

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

oswaldo, one of links best stages is Final destination

All you pick is final destination, while everyone hopes their stages get picked. Even when I went against you, every time, almost always final destination. I don't mind it if someone picks the same character all the time, but for crying out loud, pick a different' stage.

Your Link > Wario

But jeeeeeeez, the FD isn't a very appealing stage if its the only stage you happen to pick. :)

Posted by Ant

Eh, when I'm Peach or Metaknight I tend to like playing on FD. But I wouldn't ALWAYS pick that stage.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

oswaldo, they have some online tournaments on smashboards, that only pick fd, i dunno, go find them

I'm putting my bet in for the tourney right now. Sorry B-riz, but I think that Dan is going to wipe the floor with you.

Mostly because I just love his new signature so much. 8U

Edit: Wiping the floor with Linko's body would not be an effective strategy for Alastor to win, would it? =/

Posted by Alastor

I was going to make a joke about scrubbing and Final Destination, but I couldn't think of one.

Edit: btw gaiz, Arc finally fixed his ****ing connection. Now he doesn't get a green screen and crash the room for everyone every three matches! He doesn't lag as much, either. Our connection went from orange to yellow, but it felt like a green to me. So he lags less and he doesn't drop out anymore. :cool:

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting David M. Awesome: I'm putting my bet in for the tourney right now. Sorry B-riz, but I think that Dan is going to wipe the floor with you.

You traitor.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

I don't believe it!

He's a lagmaster

Posted by Alastor

I just mentally heard Fox yelling, "LAGMASTER!!"

Damn you, Bulb. :(

Posted by Arcadios

wut

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

[quote=Alastor;842109]I just mentally heard Fox yelling, [SIZE=5]"LAGMASTER!!"[/SIZE]

D[COLOR=orange]a[/COLOR]mn you, Bulb. :(

that's what I was aiming for :D

Lagmaster?

More like fagmaster.

Posted by O.T.L

Ok I'll choose different stages from now on :) ;)I can brawl on other stages i just choose not to..... If you haven't noticed I AM a tourney fag. this spell check is sweet !

Posted by Alastor

Linko, his brother and I are just playing around right now, FYI. We're not doing tourney matches. (Hi, Mystic.)

Linko had better be well by tomorrow so that we can hang out. >:C

Posted by Red

sorry, haven't visited this thread in awhile. looks like it's down to the finals? ...er semi's? I dunno.

anyway has another tourney been announced yet? because regardless of how much I suck, I'd like to rejoin.

also Go Linko & Alastor WOOO!!

oh and Alastors sig is ****ing ammazing.

Posted by Alastor

It's down to the finals. Me and Linko are both sick as dogs. We're putting it off until Thursday, I think.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

[quote=oswaldothelegend;842176]Ok I'll choose different stages from now on :) ;)I can brawl on other stages i just choose not to..... If you haven't noticed I AM a tourney fag. this spell check is sweet !

If you haven't noticed, I'm a tourney fag, and you claiming you are one just adds more to the stereotypical tourney fag = fd crap. If you can't perform on other stages as well as you can on final destination, then I suggest you start. You'll realize that by tourney fag rules, people are allowed to ban one stage before a set starts, a lot of people do ban final destination. They also allow counterpicking, and if they counterpick a stage you're not accustomed to, then good luck. I myself have counterpicked with pokefloats in the past. It ****es people off, but the stage is legal and completely playable. Stop giving tourney fag an even worse name, next it'll be fd fags.

Up side people, I think I'll have a tourney going soon enough, hopefully next week starting friday afternoon. When it happens, it will have its own thread and a long list of rules that I found to be the most fair. It won't be vgc exclusive only, but everyone is more than welcome to play =D

[quote=Dark Bulb 4.3;842201]I myself have counterpicked with pokefloats in the past. It ****es people off,

I like to pick the new Norfair when I play Brawl online with strangers. :D

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

[quote=David M. Awesome;842202]I like to pick the new Norfair when I play Brawl online with strangers. :D

I've always hated the metroid stages, **** ****ing lava :mad:

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.3: If you haven't noticed, I'm a tourney fag, and you claiming you are one just adds more to the stereotypical tourney fag = fd crap. If you can't perform on other stages as well as you can on final destination, then I suggest you start. You'll realize that by tourney fag rules, people are allowed to ban one stage before a set starts, a lot of people do ban final destination. They also allow counterpicking, and if they counterpick a stage you're not accustomed to, then good luck. I myself have counterpicked with pokefloats in the past. It ****es people off, but the stage is legal and completely playable. Stop giving tourney fag an even worse name, next it'll be fd fags.

Up side people, I think I'll have a tourney going soon enough, hopefully next week starting friday afternoon. When it happens, it will have its own thread and a long list of rules that I found to be the most fair. It won't be vgc exclusive only, but everyone is more than welcome to play =D

sorry :( , I'll try not to say anything dumb again...

i'm going to toss a coin to predict who will win the final and the rounds , heads is alastor , and tails is linko... k here i go ....

according to ma quarter alastor will win round one ... round 2 goes to , linko ! omg its down to the final coin toss ! round 3 goes to , linko ! there goes the final , just give up alastor the coin doesnt lie ... - jk fight destiny ! :)

Posted by Alastor

Really glad we didn't have it today, because I seemed really off for some reason. Most of what I played today were just casual matches, but when I'd pick a main and really try to win, I usually sucked. :(

[quote=oswaldothelegend;842204]sorry :( , I'll try not to say anything dumb again...

i'm going to toss a coin to predict who will win the final and the rounds , heads is alastor , and tails is linko... k here i go ....

according to ma quarter alastor will win round one ... round 2 goes to , linko ! omg its down to the final coin toss ! round 3 goes to , linko ! there goes the final , just give up alastor the coin doesnt lie ... - jk fight destiny ! :)

Doesn't count, tails always comes up more often than heads does.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Alastor: Really glad we didn't have it today, because I seemed really off for some reason. Most of what I played today were just casual matches, but when I'd pick a main and really try to win, I usually sucked. :(

I was actually doing pretty ****ty too, I felt like. But even if the ****tiness on both our parts balanced out, it's probably better that we just didn't have it today, or we'd have robbed the world of a truly epic battle.

Posted by Ant

play the stupid match already

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

PUSSIEEEEEEEEEEES

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

[quote=oswaldothelegend;842204]sorry :( , I'll try not to say anything dumb again...

Didn't mean anything ****ty by it, just saying! There are more rules to a tourney than to pick your favorite stage! While fighting you is stressful, you show massive potential with what I feel is one of the harder characters to play with in this game. Now show that on other stages homie.

And lol at the comments thus far.

Posted by O.T.L

today is the big day ! :)

Posted by Alastor

Gonna post this just in case. Linko, if you get on and I'm not around on AIM or anything, I've ran to town to pick up a birthday present. Shouldn't be gone more than an hour.

I don't know when I'm leaving, though. Could be 15 minutes from now, could be a few hours.

Posted by Arcadios

Oswaldo, get online.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Waldo, where is he

Posted by O.T.L

I'm getting curls ..... so i can look setsy. I'll be online in an hour for some EPIC BATTLES oh yeah , I'm so not pickin final destination , people will brawl me now , oh yeah !!!

Posted by Red

I'm starting to use Pit, and trying to improve my T. Link. so hopefully I can get online sometime soon and brawl some people.

Posted by Ant

I read that completely wrong at first.

Posted by Alastor

[IMG]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x65/Dystorce/VGCTourney1Bracket5.jpg[/IMG]

Linko'll do the play-by-play.

Posted by Linko_16

I

Just won the tournament.

I can hardly believe it.

I'm, like, ****ing quivering still from the battle.

Play-by-play coming atcha.

EDIT - Ninja'd.

Posted by Alastor

I have a ****ing Weegee complex as a result of this. Seriously. I might need to seek counseling.

Posted by Zeta

I am in shock and awe.

Posted by Mystic Hero

We have some nice partying gifts for you now. Congrats on your win.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Vamp could have changed it all :(

Posted by Alastor

Not really. :link:

Posted by WillisGreeny

For all we know, he could have been the SSBB master!

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

you go Iris, you're amazing

Posted by Alastor

No, I've played him. He's not great. He just runs a lot unless it's 1v1. Doesn't seem to put forth a lot of effort.

Posted by Arcadios

Hey Hey Hey, I could've won...if it wasen't for lag. [/excuse] :(

Posted by Zeta

Hey Hey Hey, I could've won...if I signed up. [/excuse] :(

Posted by Linko_16

Round 1: Luigi vs. Toon Link, Smashville
I had a strong start, finishing his first life without way too much percentage on myself, but he showed me up and KO'd me before I could pile any damage on his next life. Early into both our second lives, however, he procured a fan and ****ing started pummeling me with it, a barrage from which I somehow could not escape. Needless to say, I raged the entire time. I expect that crap from, like, Bowser, but I couldn't believe I got completely stuck. I was at a very high percentage by the time Dan cut it out, and my life didn't last much longer, leaving me one behind him entirely. But I persisted and caught up a bit. After I had been reduced to one life, 30-40%, and he with two lives and a moderate-high percentage, things looked bleak, but a Smash Ball appeared just then and I was lucky enough to obtain it. I decided to take a chance: although I might've blown it for myself trying, I attempted to KO him before using the Final Smash in order to save it for his final life. In a series of manuevers I wouldn't've bet money I could've pulled off, I succeeded.

Dystorce (7:14:44 PM): ...Oh my ****ing ***.
Dystorce (7:14:47 PM): I should ****ing give up now.

I guess that's what Iris meant by "survival mode."

Round 2: Wario vs. Fox, Delfino Plaza
I just did terrible in this round. I don't know what else to report other than being consistantly behind. There were there were three smash balls. First, Dan scored one, and his Landmaster cost me a life. Later, I became Wario Man, which caught me up quite a bit, though he was at too low a percentage to begin with for me to score a KO. Finally, he got another Landmaster, which ended either my third or final life. Frankly, I never had a chance; a character with range as bad as Wario's is no good against a character that's skilled at playing keep-away.

Round 3: Luigi vs. Pikachu, Final Destination
Desperate for a fair chance at winning, I had to go with the only character I was skilled enough with and also had a dependable Final Smash, even if it meant using him for the second time. Unfortunately, it was an anti-climactic battle. Dan tells me his first instinct was to use Marth or Toon Link (the former of which would've really tripped Luigi up), and Pikachu just wasn't a match. Add on the two times I KO'd him with the Negative Zone and no luck obtaining Smash Balls on his part, and the deal was pretty much sealed.

YOU FOUGHT VALIANTLY, MY LITTLE KOHAI. YOU ALWAYS MAKE ME PROUD.

Thanks to everyone who rooted me on. This has honestly made my, like, whole year.

Hey Hey Hey, I could've won...if it wasn't for SMASH BALLS. Seriously I beat Linko all the time >:C [/excuse]

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting WillisGreeny: Vamp could have changed it all :(

Actually, I ran into him online with Corrupt a while sometime after facing Ant. He did well, but I generally surpassed him, and when Corrupt later had to leave for a bit, I scored two fair 1v1 victories in a row, so it's fair to say victory would've been mine in the tourney. I mean, I chatted with him online before the date he ended up missing, and he said he didn't expect to do well because he'd actually never, ever played online before.

Quoting David M. Awesome: Hey Hey Hey, I could've won...if it wasn't for SMASH BALLS. Seriously I beat Linko all the time >:C [/excuse]

It's kinda 50-50 in Brawl now. Perhaps a little more leaning towards you, but pretty even.

Posted by Alastor

Fuuuuuuuuuck why didn't I choose Marth

That's only because I bother changing characters now.

Posted by O.T.L

I would have won the tourney ... if i were to have signed up [/excuse]:(

Posted by Arcadios

You're doing it wrong/Was already used.

Posted by O.T.L

crap man i cant do anything right !

i would have won .... If i didnt have gas that day i shoulda signed up [/excuse] :(( ::)

is that right ?

Posted by Iris

Yeah, Linko definitely kicks it in gear once he falls behind. I perform better under stress too, but not as much as him.

Posted by Arcadios

LINKO
ME
YOU
NO ITEMS
FINAL DESTINATION
LUIGI ONLY

One of these days...:(

It's too bad that this was a four stock tournament, or else Linko might have fallen victim to his THIRD LIFE curse.

Posted by Breakman

Quoting Linko_16:
It's kinda 50-50 in Brawl now. Perhaps a little more leaning towards you, but pretty even.

very true

even though david tends to win them, the duels you 2 have on the last life or so after you ko me in our games are so epic the very heavens roar with your names..........................

they're really fun to watch 8)

Posted by O.T.L

I forget who i have brawled here .. Iris , Alastor , Arc ... is that all ..?

congrats to Linko , enjoy your victory :) because someone is gonna challenge you and beat you and try to claim the title :) *pionts to Arc* :D

Posted by Arcadios

I can't let myself do that, Oswaldo.

NEXT TOURNEY :link:

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting David M. Awesome: That's only because I bother changing characters now.

Lol, not using a super top-tier character every single fight? You poor soul.

Quoting Iris: Yeah, Linko definitely kicks it in gear once he falls behind. I perform better under stress too, but not as much as him.

I didn't know I had it in me, honestly. No match has ever meant that much.

Quoting Arcadios: LINKO
ME
YOU
NO ITEMS
FINAL DESTINATION
LUIGI ONLY

It will be an epic battle indeed.

Posted by O.T.L

i'm jking , but thats what me and my little couzins would say when mexico would beat brazil in a soccer friendly , "were the champions of the world!" but inside we cried , and died a little..:(

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Arcadios: LINKO
ME
YOU
NO ITEMS
FINAL DESTINATION
LUIGI ONLY

What, no Negative Zones? That won't be fun at all!

Posted by O.T.L

I can brawl right now anyone up for it ? promise no FD :D i like the other stages now cuz there colorful and pretty :)

edit --and everyone b****s about FD ! lol jk :D

Posted by Arcadios

Fine, I'll get on to work with some characters.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting oswaldothelegend: and everyone b****s about FD

Because it's boring. Consecutively, it's about as fun as watching paint dry. :kirby:

Posted by Arcadios

in b4 "you can have fun competitively on equal grounds"

It's just a little bit more fun than watching grass grow.

But only if you switch characters.

Posted by Arcadios

you can have fun competitively on equal grounds :(

I like seeing who's better and no place to do it other than Final Destination. :o

But not so often, I mean.

Posted by O.T.L

its fun if they are super even matches that get your arms shivering from the excitement :)

thanks for the matches Arc, i got out cuz of laggg , lol when me and Ike were jumpin you :)

Posted by Arcadios

Who the **** were those people anyway?

Posted by Breakman

I think FD is awesome.

As long as you , you know, play other stage sin between. Ever. Unlike a lot of people who seem to like it.

Besides, Smashville is basically the same thing + a little platform, and way cooler--the day+night system, K.K. on Saturdays, and Sable, my delicious little porcupine/hedgehog. MIIIIIIIIINE.

Oh, though Brawl's FD main theme is easily one of the greatest songs in the game, which is saying a hell of a lot. :3

Giga Bowser's theme is greater.

Posted by Alastor

Really? I turned every song on FD off except for the new FD theme and the Opening theme from Melee. Sick of/don't care for whatever else is on there.

Posted by Linko_16

Smash 64 Credits Theme.

**** you.

Posted by Alastor

Oh. I think I've got that one on.

Posted by Linko_16

Good. You are redeemable.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

[quote=oswaldothelegend;842770]I forget who i have brawled here .. Iris , Alastor , Arc ... is that all ..?

congrats to Linko , enjoy your victory :) because someone is gonna challenge you and beat you and try to claim the title :) *pionts to Arc* :D

me and my brother, he was kris. I think both rounds he made you eat dirt though, he left because he figured you'd play on fd the whole time as well. We were on par, I'd like to play more, trying new combos with icies, I wunna see if it works ;_;

Posted by Arcadios

ANIKIIIIIIIIIIII
So whens the next tourney, Bulby. :3

Posted by Alastor

Bulb's is separate from the next actual "VGC" tournament, I think. Details on that are being planned and should be announced in a couple of days.

Posted by S

You've played against me as well Oswaldo. Your Link locks down my Ike pretty well, but I've gotten better since last we played.

Posted by Arcadios

S

Posted by Red

why won't anyone ****ing add me?!

I really want to play some people!

oh and congrats Linko.

Posted by O.T.L

[QUOTE=S

Posted by Arcadios

Well all of them sucked except that Zamus...but at the end he sucked too.

Posted by O.T.L

I'm jesus's dad over there I pwn everyone :D , ya they all suck :D ( most of them )

Posted by S

[QUOTE=Arcadios;842870]S

Posted by Linko_16

I'd like to make the banner in my sig available to all future tournament winners, if they so desire it.

I can also whip you up an avatar like the one I've just made, with all the characters you used to win in all your favorite colors.

Posted by Breakman

luigi wario and rob huh... i like your style kid

i need an avatar with luigi ness yoshi pikachu sonic and rob or something...

Posted by Alastor

You do those recolors yourself? AbyssWolf's only done a handful, and I couldn't find any anywhere else.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

[quote=Alastor;842861]Bulb's is separate from the next actual "VGC" tournament, I think. Details on that are being planned and should be announced in a couple of days.

Making a topic later today, tourny Sunday, a small one since I'm rushing this

The person who was in charge of making my website failed me big time at the worst time. I had to take charge myself, so it doesn't look tasty :(. Since this will be a small one, 1st takes 1500 wii points and second takes 500. All happening in one day. I'll leave more details for later when I'm done.

Posted by Alastor

Yeah, a separate thread's for the best. I don't know if I'll participate or not. I'm trying to play a little less Brawl for a few days.

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

Dark bulb, is it too late to sign up for the tourny? cuz this time i will be able to be in it

Posted by Alastor

Bulb's tournament is over [url=http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=30311]here[/url]. It's not the next actual VGC tournament.

[center].: Next Tournament :.
Sign-ups are OPEN.

Second Annual VGC Singles Tournament, "Closet Tourneyfaggotry"
[1v1 - Single Elimination]

RULES
[/center]

[list]Each match is "best 2 out of 3."
[*]The tournament is Single Elimination. You lose a match and you're out until the next tournament.
[*]All matches are 3 stock, no time limit.
[*]All items are off.
[*]No characters are banned.
[*]Stages may be picked by each player during every round.
[*]Legal stages include Battlefield, Final Destination, Delfino Plaza, Lylat Cruise, Yoshi's Island and Smashville.
All other stages are banned.
[*][Subject to Change] Round 1: Both players may choose their characters.
Round 2: The winner of the previous round may not change characters. The loser may, if they so choose.
Round 3: Both players may choose their characters.[/list]

Linko and I are suggesting this last rule after taking a look at the rules for Bulb's tournament. The idea is to give the first round loser a fighting chance in the second round by knowing that the winner will be stuck with their character during Round 2. However, if we made it where the Round 1 loser won Round 2 and then was made to keep HIS character, the Round 1 winner could simply pick a character good against that one as the Round 1 loser did, and end up winning. It just essentially adds a useless middle match, in theory.

Not allowing the Round 1 winner to change gives a fighting chance to the other player. Allowing both players to change in the event of a third round adds a level of excitement and unpredictability. If the idea doesn't fly, we'll ditch it, but it seems like a cool idea to me.

Posted by Linko_16

Sign me on.

Posted by Ant

yeah. all that **** about the new rule doesn't make any sense to me.

regardless, I'm in again.

Posted by Alastor

ME VS ANT

Round 1: Ant (Peach) vs Dan (Toon Link)
Ant wins.
Round 2: Ant (Required to stay Peach) vs Dan (Free to choose, changes to Wolf)
Dan wins.
Round 3: Ant (whoever) vs Dan (whoever)
WHOEVER WINS, WE LOSE

Get it?

Posted by Arcadios

Got it. Good?
Also, sign me the **** up.
I'm going straight to the top this time without any excuses.

I would like to participate as well.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Alastor: ME VS ANT

Round 1: Ant (Peach) vs Dan (Toon Link)
Ant wins.
Round 2: Ant (Required to stay Peach) vs Dan (Free to choose, changes to Wolf)
Dan wins.
Round 3: Ant (whoever) vs Dan (whoever)
WHOEVER WINS, WE LOSE

Get it?

Ah, yeah. Eh, I guess you could do that. Whatever.

Quoting Arcadios: Got it. Good?
Also, sign me the **** up.
I'm going straight to the top this time without any excuses.

lol

Posted by Arcadios

Maybe work as one. :x
Lag won't be a problem.

Posted by Alastor

5/16 filled.

Should've been obvious, but I'll randomly generate the brackets again like I did last time.

Posted by Arcadios

OH GAWD OH GAWD OH GAWD

I'd be awesome to face Linko first round.
Calling it now.

Posted by Alastor

Survival Mode is not to be trifled with, man.

Posted by Arcadios

Also, Prizes.
I can put up 2,000 Wii Points for the Tournament Winner.
just cause I'm an oh so (yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah).

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Alastor: Survival Mode is not to be trifled with, man.

I will survive all over your face.

Posted by Arcadios

You mean mine.

Posted by Alastor

Ah, I forgot. I was going to gift a Virtual Console game of the winner's choice to them myself, but completely forgot about it while making all of these huge posts and edits. Arc putting up points is a better prize, though. I was only going to do "a VC game" because I'm such a cheap ass.

Posted by Arcadios

Then we can do this. You can cover for a single game as a second place prize and I'll cover first place.

[quote=Linko_16;843118][COLOR=indigo]I will survive all over your face.[/COLOR]

It's only three stock, not four. The third life curse may rear its ugly head again.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Arcadios: Then we can do this. You can cover for a single game as a second place prize and I'll cover first place.

I just thought the exact same thing before clicking this thread. HIVEMIND!

So, yeah, just to make it official.

First Place: 2,000 Wii Points, courtesy of Arcadios.
Second Place: One Virtual Console game of your choosing, courtesy of yours truly.

Posted by Arcadios

Glad we got everything worked out. :3
So when does it start?
Or do we have to wait for 16 sign ups?

Posted by Alastor

I'm sure all the sign ups will roll in within 2 days, tops. We'll start a day or two after that.

Posted by S

I'm in.

Posted by maian

Those prizes are pretty dang sick awesome.

COUNT ME IN

...Is this one going to be Smash Ball free?

EDIT: oic lol

Posted by Alastor

Yep. No RANDO MASUTAA!! for this one.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Arcadios: You mean mine.

I will survive all over everyone's face.

Quoting David M. Awesome: It's only three stock, not four. The third life curse may rear its ugly head again.

fuk ur rite

Posted by Alastor

Just get it into your head that you might have to go Survival Mode as soon as you lose your first stock.

All Survival Mode. All the time.

Final Destination only.