Looking for "Epic" Games

Posted by Sk2k52

Epic isn't the proper word but for lack of any better.

Zelda Twilight princess would make a good example, and maybe Metroid Prime 3 Corruption (though it earned no browny points.) I been considering No More Heroes, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, and Sadness, but sadly Sadness wont be out till the 31st of never D;

I'm not looking for games like Super Mario Galaxies, Ninja Breadman, Paper Mario,Guitar hero, etc, which I got suggested last forum I asked.

Looking for extreme adventure and games to blow me away with awesome storylines that I can ponder.

Does the Wii have any others that I havent listed?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, not yet. Brawl's Subspace Emissary is the only thing I can think of that you haven't mentioned.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Looking for extreme adventure and games to blow me away with awesome storylines that I can ponder.

Does the Wii have any others that I havent listed?

hahaha, wrong console, dude.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Well, I for one like Dragon Warrior Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Something-Or-Another. It's gotten mixed reviews, but it's got a storyline you can sink your teeth into a little.

Dragon Blade is great for $20. There's not much story during the game, but it sets itself up with a nice piece of exposition at the beginning (even if the main character sounds more like he's spilled a glass of milk on his shoes at a moment he should be feeling soul-rending grief).

Soul Calibur Legends is in the same vein as Dragon Blade in terms of gameplay, but higher-budget overall. The storyline is much more present during the game as a whole, as well, and there's great variety in the number of characters you can use.

Of the games you already listed, Fire Emblem is my favorite. It's a step above Path of Radiance on the 'Cube in terms of challenge, too, which is nice because I just finished that game before starting Radiant Dawn. Tales of Symphonia II will be coming out soon. Another sequel to another great 'Cube RPG with a rich story. Deadly Creatures is supposed to have a subtle yet deep storyline in the background to its creepy-crawly action when it comes out. Looking forward to that one, too.

Posted by Zeta

I suppose there's Okami, if you don't have it on PS2 yet.

Posted by Iris

Yeah, I'd say Tales of Symphonia 2. It's not going to be an timeless classic or anything, but the mix of nostalgia and the generic "grand, comforting ending" of the Tales series should give it a pretty satisfying feel, like TP.

Granted, gotta wait until August.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Man, some epic bottom of the barrel scrapping in this thread.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

This thread fills me with buyer's regret.

Posted by Speedfreak

Fire Emblem is pretty "epic" if yo've played the GC one. Otherwise the story loses a lot of it's significance.

Posted by DeathScape

Quoting Prince Shondronai: Well, I for one like Dragon Warrior Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Something-Or-Another. It's gotten mixed reviews, but it's got a storyline you can sink your teeth into a little.

Dragon Blade is great for $20. There's not much story during the game, but it sets itself up with a nice piece of exposition at the beginning (even if the main character sounds more like he's spilled a glass of milk on his shoes at a moment he should be feeling soul-rending grief).

Soul Calibur Legends is in the same vein as Dragon Blade in terms of gameplay, but higher-budget overall. The storyline is much more present during the game as a whole, as well, and there's great variety in the number of characters you can use.

Of the games you already listed, Fire Emblem is my favorite. It's a step above Path of Radiance on the 'Cube in terms of challenge, too, which is nice because I just finished that game before starting Radiant Dawn. Tales of Symphonia II will be coming out soon. Another sequel to another great 'Cube RPG with a rich story. Deadly Creatures is supposed to have a subtle yet deep storyline in the background to its creepy-crawly action when it comes out. Looking forward to that one, too.

Soul Calibur Legends and Dragon Blade: Wrath of Fire are both painfully mediocre, while Dragon Quest Words is slightly above average. Definitely not worth fifty bucks, especially when you take into consideration that the combat is extremely shallow, it's on rails, and is only eight hours long.

No More Heroes is my sixth favorite game for Wii, and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn is my second favorite game of all time. I highly recommend the latter, especially if you played the GameCube one, but both are excellent choices. Radiant Dawn ties up some loose ends in Path of Radiance.

Posted by Speedfreak

Nothing wrong with being 8 hours long. I beat REmake on real survivor mode in under 8 hours, and I wasn't even trying to be fast.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Defeats the purpose of an epic game if it only lasts 8 hours.

Posted by Speedfreak

Epic means long now? They also asked for "extreme adventures", REmake on Real Survival is the best fit for "extreme adventure" that I can think of.

Sounds like Sk2k52 should look to films, TV and books for epic storylines. Or stick to PS3 for Konami and Square games for that crap. Wii is for gameplay.

Posted by Sk2k52

Quoting The X: Defeats the purpose of an epic game if it only lasts 8 hours.

I don't relaly care if the game is short, I love the 2d metroid games even though they notorious for being short.

Here are games I'm considering getting.

Alone in the Dark (Not out yet)
Baroque
Dragon Quest Swords
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
No More Heroes
Okami (Not out yet)
Redsteel
Sadness (Not out till the next of never >.<)
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Tomb Raider: Underworld (not out yet)

I'm not a fan of very hard games btw, though I do like a challenge. These are games the games that seem to fit my image that I didn't hear outright sucked. Fire Emblem and No more heroes are tied on the top of my list of what's already out, redsteel and dragon quest swords being tied on the bottom.

I played the Fire Emblem game on the GCN and I have to say, that's the only fire emblem game I was able to beat, all others I'd struggle to get so far, then find out enemies can 1shot all my characters because they didnt get their stats up right ._. (which led me to stop playing them despite being fun, since I didnt want to start over and worry about statting up right >< )

While I'm going to be researching the games more thoroughly, feedback and personal thoughts of each game is very welcomed.

Oh btw, I usually play games for 15 minutes to a hour at a time, so games that lets you save constantly gets huge browny points from me.

Posted by Sk2k52

Quoting Speedfreak: Epic means long now? They also asked for "extreme adventures", REmake on Real Survival is the best fit for "extreme adventure" that I can think of.

Sounds like Sk2k52 should look to films, TV and books for epic storylines. Or stick to PS3 for Konami and Square games for that crap. Wii is for gameplay.

I currently have 8 books out atm actually.

Usually I go for anime for muh epic storylines, since 99% of the movies I see these days suck (except for lack of anything better to do). Haven't watched TV since New Years, watching the ball drop. I don't have much money, so definitely not enough for a PS3. I get a couple games every couple months.

Feel free to suggest any book series to read btw, just please no series more than 4 books >.> I really don't like massive readings since once I start reading I read until the book is done or till I don't have the next book in the series.

Posted by Speedfreak

Uh, I dunno. Sarah Connor Chronicles? I like it, and I hate TV.

As for games, get Fire Emblem. It's really hard but it has an easy mode that makes your characters essentially supermen. Play the GC one first though, it's not necessary to understand the story but you'll be much more attached to the characters and certain conflicts in the Wii game will affect you more because of it. Definately the most epic war story I've ever experienced, it's not "Hollywoodified" at all.