Cheap GC controller for brawl?

Posted by lanzer

Well it turns out that Brawl C stick abusing is bad for offical gamecube controllers because mine broke / barely works now. i need to know what 3rd party controller can take brawl C & Joy stick abusing and have it below a $20 limit. I'd just get another offical controller but GC controller prices jacked up since brawl's release.

thanks for the advice.

Posted by Pit

The best GC controllers Nintendo makes dude. If you get a third party, you'd wind up ****ing it up twice as fast. Try ebay and getting yourself like 2 gc controllers.

Posted by Alastor

Pit's right--the official ones are the best. They feel the best and last the longest from my experience. They're only $25 last I checked (surely you could round up another $5 for one), same as they've always been. If you're dead set on getting one below $20, though, look around online.

Just don't be stupid and buy a used one. Not much sense in that.

Posted by lanzer

allright. i understand. guess ill have to wait another month for prices to go down so i can get one...better start leaning how to use the wiimote!

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

yea, gamecube remotes are pretty much the sturdiest of the bunch, as faulty as they last. They feel the most comfortable, and break the least, its just that a game like smash takes a massive toll on any remote. For cheap though, the best OTHER remote I've ever used are these generic gamecube remotes, they look almost exactly the same, and have a shell almost exactly the same, but it has no gamecube logo on the front, I think the packaging also reads gamecube compatible. My friend has it, he bought it for 12 bucks. It feels very light however, a bit flimsy, but for the price... it more than did its job. I was able to abuse it a couple of rounds for him. If I find a link, I'll edit this post and post it.

Posted by maian

I'd go with the official ones, like everyone else has said. If your third party controller doesn't have random button spasms all the time, it'll surely break before any of your other controllers do. I've actually only broken one controller in my whole experience with a Gamecube, and that's just because I threw it a lot when I got mad. :(

And when that stopped, they were fine! :cookie: