Marvel Movies

Posted by Mystic Hero

As you know, there have been a lot of movies based on the Marvel comic book series and some of them turned out quite good in my opinion. Now they are coming out with the Fantastic 4 movie. I'm sure this one will be great. Anyway, what do you think of the upcoming movie? Do you think they'll make more movies based on other Marvel comic characters? Do you think they'll come out with an Iron Man movie? Will they maybe make a remake of Captain America?

Posted by Crazy K

I could'nt really say because I never read any of the fantastic Four Comics. Im sure it will be good, Marvel has made some good films. ( even though they made the hulk crappy, and Daredevil aswell)

But Im waiting for the Spider-man sequal most of all.

Posted by Fiindil

i never really liked the fantastic four, too dull IMO, although a new Spiderman/X-Men film would seriously rawk

Posted by Mixhael

They'll definitely make a bunch more Marvel character related movies. The X-Men saga will continue for god knows how long, but I've heard that they already confirmed movies based on Silver Surfer, Iron Man, and a possible solo feature of Wolverine.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting los angeles: They'll definitely make a bunch more Marvel character related movies. The X-Men saga will continue for god knows how long, but I've heard that they already confirmed movies based on Silver Surfer, Iron Man, and a possible solo feature of Wolverine.

I hear my dad say something about an Iron Man movei too.

Anyway, for sure there will be an X-Men 3. Jean just can't die like that in the second movie. They have to make a third one to make her come back, they might end it there.

As for Fantastic 4, i was never a big comic fan either, but I did enjoy the cartoons as a kid. From what I've seen it look pretty cool. The Thing is very accurately portrayed as in the comics and cartoon. They have Dr. Doom in there so that should be fun to watch.

Posted by Big Boss

Well, Marvel certainly got the fan reaction DC wishes to get back when referring to their comic book-to-movie properties, and considering the mostly great success of these films, it won't be a surprise if more showed up.

I am very excited to see The Fantastic Four, as I've become a fan of them over the past several months. However, I'm not sure if the movie will turn out great. Jessica Alba is not fit in any way, shape, or form to be Susan Richards. That was a really bad casting call, considering Sue represents the blonde, blue-eyed, "complete package" of the rare American woman. I have no idea who's playing Reed, although I like the casting of both Johnny Storm and Ben Grimm, and especially the one of Dr. Doom, one of the greatest villains ever created for anything.

As for the rest of the characters, I've heard rumors on an Iron Man film for years, so we should be hearing about it sometime soon. As for Cap, I think it'd be cooler if they did a movie of the Avengers instead, since most of Cap's story (the interesting parts) are with the "World's Mightiest Heroes."

I'm also skeptical about X-Men 3, since I read not long ago that Bryan Singer won't be doing the honors, the great man who directed X2: X-Men United, since he'll be working on the upcoming Superman movie. I also read Halle Berry would only play Storm if she got more screen time, and that producers agreed. What a *****, that ugly, selfish, overrated "actress."

I'm also hoping that, in the distant future, there's a movie based on Earth/Universe/Paradise X.

Posted by Fiindil

Quoting Big Boss: [font=trebuchet ms][color=yellowgreen]
I'm also skeptical about X-Men 3, since I read not long ago that Bryan Singer won't be doing the honors, the great man who directed X2: X-Men United, since he'll be working on the upcoming Superman movie. I also read Halle Berry would only play Storm if she got more screen time, and that producers agreed. What a *****, that ugly, selfish, overrated "actress."

excellent, no more Berry in the X-Men films! :D

now they might become **** goodinstead of fairly so

Posted by RandomizeR

I didn't really like the Hulk movie too much, although I did like Spiderman 1 & 2, the Punisher, X-Men, and Daredevil. Those are some good movies.

Posted by Fiindil

aren't the Punisher's only superpowers are that he's super angry and has a sniper rifle?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoting Mystic hero: Jean just can't die like that in the second movie. They have to make a third one to make her come back, they might end it there.

She didn't. This is something I praised the X-Men 2 writer and director for. Though it was obvious from almost the very begining if you are familiar with the comics, since they hinted at her Pheonix form (Fire in her eyes when she was close to over-loading) throughout the whole thing. Right at the end you see Jean in her Pheonix form reflected on the waters surface. Easily on of my favorite movies scenes of all time. Just beautiful. It made the movie a classic in my book.

Quoting Fiin: aren't the Punisher's only superpowers are that he's super angry and has a sniper rifle?

Notice how he isn't classified as a SUPERhero. No, he does not have any powers whatsoever. His character is actually pretty similar to Batman. Frank Castle isn't even a hero. More of an anti-hero.
Anyways, I may be a huge Punisher fan, but I didn't like the movie as much as I wanted to. They've failed twice at it, though the newer version is far better. But still.

Quoting DDR: and Daredevil.

Could have been good. But they fucked up the whole begining on how he lost his vision. I hated that. Not to mention Ben Afflec (sp?). I can't stand him as an actor, especially as DD.

Quoting Fiin: excellent, no more Berry in the X-Men films!

Actually, you'll see more of Berry. Which I don't mind. I dislike her as a general actor, but she did a pretty good job as Storm. She's able portray Storms superior stength pretty well, and also convey her weakness even better. However, to demand more air time and threaten to quit is just horrible. I would have never agreed, but they really had no choice. She had them by the balls, and she was smart about it.

Quoting BB: Jessica Alba is not fit in any way, shape, or form to be Susan Richards. That was a really bad casting call, considering Sue represents the blonde, blue-eyed, "complete package" of the rare American woman. I have no idea who's playing Reed, although I like the casting of both Johnny Storm and Ben Grimm, and especially the one of Dr. Doom, one of the greatest villains ever created for anything.

Couldn't agree anymore with you if I wanted. Alba is a horrible choice. I was really disappointed when I heard this. Hopefully she can do a decent job. By the way Ioan Gruffurd plays Reed http://imdb.com/name/nm0344435/. He looks a little younger than I would like, but oh well.

Quoting Mystic hero: The Thing is very accurately portrayed as in the comics and cartoon.

Yeah, they deicided to go with a "classic" look. Which I'm pretty happy with. Don't know how it will look on the big screen, but I like the idea, and the it looks ok so far. Not as good as I'd hoped though. He looks too classic, while the rest look too modern.

Quoting LA: but I've heard that they already confirmed movies based on Silver Surfer

I hope to God they do this. One of the more interesting stories in the comic book world.

Quoted post: possible solo feature of Wolverine.

Origins I believe. Check out the comics, some of the best comic book art out there.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Fiindil: aren't the Punisher's only superpowers are that he's super angry and has a sniper rifle?

Punisher is just one example, arguably the leading one, of the "Knights" brand of Marvel Comics. These stories focus more on the grittier, realistic side of the Marvel Universe. Elektra, Daredevil, Ghost Rider and Luke Cage are all examples of Marvel Knights.

I didn't like the Punisher much. It could've been a lot better, especially in the beginning. Since the movie was rated R, they could've pushed the envelope in terms of graphic violence, to grab the audience with the atrocity done to Castle's family. Instead, the thugs shot blanks, since there wasn't a drop of blood on any of the dead relatives. The Punisher has one of the more down-to-Earth origins in Marvel, and the movie missed the opportunity to cash in on it.

Then, the film slowly got better with time, getting more violent, but it wasn't enough. I enjoyed the graphic novel it's based on more than the movie itself. Also, Travolta was limited by his boring character.

Vampiro: 100% agreed on the X2 comment. That's just one of many reasons why I think X2 is the best comic book movie. I'm worried on how they'll play the continuation though, since they'll have to bring the Shi'ar Empire and all the galactic themes that may seem out of place in a movie series that has been mostly about the bigotry towards mutankind.

Quoted post: I'm worried on how they'll play the continuation though, since they'll have to bring the Shi'ar Empire and all the galactic themes that may seem out of place in a movie series that has been mostly about the bigotry towards mutankind.

Not a chance we'll see anything like that within the next few installments. If at all. There's no way they will be able to introduce a whole civilization of "aliens". Only the fans would see it as making sense. Everyone else would be like "oh please, aliens?". Another problem will be how long something like this will take, unless they rally cut it down. Though I can see a lot of hardcore fans being ****ed if they don't go along with it. I just don't see how the X-Men alone can take down the Pheonix. But, I'm sure they will think up an ok solution.

But like I said, it's definitely not going to happen in X3 :(

Posted by Axis

The only marvel movies that Ive liked have been the X-Men, Spider-Man, and the First Blade movie. As for the others such as Dare Devil(I think), Hulk, etc. I havent been too impressed with.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: She didn't. This is something I praised the X-Men 2 writer and director for. Though it was obvious from almost the very begining if you are familiar with the comics, since they hinted at her Pheonix form (Fire in her eyes when she was close to over-loading) throughout the whole thing. Right at the end you see Jean in her Pheonix form reflected on the waters surface. Easily on of my favorite movies scenes of all time. Just beautiful. It made the movie a classic in my book.

I know she doesn't die. Jean is one that can't die because she becomes the Pheonix, though I wasn't fermiliar with the part where you could see her reflection in the water. I'll have to rent it again to see that part.

Posted by omegga

oh yeah, i never noticed that before, i mean i knew she couldn't die because she's the pheonix.

anywho, i think the Fantastic Four film will be great, also if they made an Iron Man movie, that would be good to......... but i'm not sure about the silver surfer, i always thought that this was really cheesy!! and that it would make a poor film... well i'll guess we'll see.
i think a movie about the Flash could be amazing. anyone heard of this being made?

Quoted post: but i'm not sure about the silver surfer, i always thought that this was really cheesy!!

I demand that you elaborate.