Favorite Western.

Posted by Hyperactive Poster

What is your favorite western?

With a lot to choose from, surprisingly quite a few recent ones, since 2007 seemed to be epic in this genre with releases such as the 3:10 to Yuma remake, The Assassination of Jesse James, and No Country for Old men. All three being amazing. Three of the best in the genre.

My favorite is Tombstone. Everything about it was awesome. The characters were amazing, the action was on par with the best, and the actors were great. By far the best thing about this movie is the dialog and the acting, Val Kilmer's portrayal of Doc Holiday was truly amazing, and one of the best, if not the best display of acting ever, and this is coming from a Val Kilmer hater.

So yeah, what is your favorite western, and why is it your favorite.

Posted by Fragliche

I don't like new Western films. Period. I can't stand remakes of classic movies like 3:10 to Yuma, because to me, they almost always seem like major letdowns. I know some people call them "brilliantly remade masterpieces," but I think that's a load of crap.

For me, my three favorite Westerns are McLintock!, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, and True Grit. Classic Western films with compelling plots, crude rounds of comedy, and decent acting.

Quoting Hyperactive Poster: the 3:10 to Yuma remake, The Assassination of Jesse James, and No Country for Old men. All three being amazing. Three of the best in the genre.

No Country for Old Men is a crime thriller, not a Western film. It only has a Western atmosphere. So you just proved to me you don't know much about Western films. ;/

Baaah, I consider it a Western.

Posted by Old_Snake

3:10 To Yuma and Jesse James were absolutely excellent, but I guess my all time favorite western would be The Good, The Bad And The Ugly. I still watch it from time to time and enjoy it a lot. Hell, though, I enjoy almost all of Clint Eastwood's Dollar Trilogy a lot

Posted by Freedreich

The Outlaw Josey Wales
For a Few Dollars More

Posted by Shin-Ra

Once Upon a Time in the West is easily my favorite, mostly due to Charles Bronson being a hardass and Ennio Morricone providing a near perfect soundtrack. Also good: McLintock, The Good the Bad and the Ugly, Magnificent Seven (Seven Samurai is one of my favorite movies actually), True Grit, and Tombstone. I didn't think 3:10 to Yuma was that great, but I'd also really like to see the original. I have The Unforgiven coming in the mail soon and I hear that one's pretty good.

Posted by Bebop

My favorite Westerns are the Star Wars films.

Posted by Saruman

Tombstone, The Outlaw Josey Wales, and The Cowboys.

Quoting Bebop: My favorite Westerns are the Star Wars films.

Indeed, I <3 space westerns. Star wars and Fire Fly FTW

Posted by Dexter

I've watched Fievel Goes West more than any other. I'm positive it's my favorite.