Custom Stages

Posted by Linko_16

What custom stages have you made so far? Anything interesting?

So far, I've only made two. The first one is not a particularly good stage to fight in, it was just something I made solely for the novelty factor; when I found that they actually had a recording of the Mona Pizza song from WarioWare: Twisted!, I just had to make a stage that looked like a huge pizza. The bottom is made of solid bricks with a sloping floor and the top is made of passable floors symmetrical with the bottom. The side spaces of the pizza are left vacant so that it's not too closed in. The space inside is covered with toppings (ice blocks, springs, ladder pieces, et cetera) to complete the illusion of a pizza pie, with one of those windmill things in the very center. Like I said, it's actually a bit bothersome to play in, being knocked around between all these toppings, but I just had to make a pizza-like stage when I found that track.

The other is the obligatory "trapped in a box" stage. Deciding to go with the nick-name "The Angry Dome," it's got a flat ground and a curving ceiling. At first I wanted to go with the trick where you put spikes on the top floors so you're forced to spawn inside, making you truly trapped, but my friend insisted we add a sort of tall chimney at the top that ends in two exits paths perpendicular to it - something that you must be at a very, very high percentage to be knocked out of, and it gives the battle a purpose, since someone will eventually be KO'd.

I've also got a stage Dan sent me that is a replica of the N64 Hyrule Castle stage (minus the recorder-induced tornadoes, of course): a flat surface of hard brick, three platforms around the middle (sans tower in the background, unfortunately), a lowered slope on the left, and a low platform on the right with a small tunnel in the middle to simulate that goofy treehouse thing. The stage could stand to be lowered a bit, in my opinion, with a little more space above you, so I may make a replica; unfortunately, you're not allowed to edit stages that are sent to you.

Posted by protomanEXE

I made a stage that spells out Wii and its pretty intense because it is really small :)

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I've made the obligatory Hyrule Castle, Saffron City, Fourside and Peach's Castle. But as for original content:

Tight Budget

Four size-1 platforms, spaced one square apart from each other. Nothing else, ever. Kirby dominates!
(Fire Field)

Smash Dick
You're trapped inside a huge schlong, and the only way to KO is to force your opponent through the urinal tract! Each testicle contains a lethal hazard, such as spikes or a spring infinite. 999% damage is not uncommon.
(Theme of Love ~ Brawl Version)

Half-Pipe
Use a combination of different-sized slopes to make a half-pipe. Awesome fun for Wario, Sonic, Yoshi and Jigglypuff.
(Waluigi Pinball)

Posted by David M. Awesome

The Angry Dome is fantastic.

You can call me by name here, you know. D:<

Posted by WillisGreeny

Is it possible to send a custom stage through the wii? Haven't looked into that.

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, but I'm not sure exactly how it's done, as I've not done it myself before. Probably pretty intuitive once you get in there.

Quoting David M. Awesome: You can call me by name here, you know. D:<

**** you, friend.

Posted by Al Borland

Quoting David M. Awesome: The Angry Dome is fantastic.

Would you say that it's David M. Awesome??

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

i took some of nintendo powers stages and had fun with them
Death Mountain:
there is only one spot of land you can sit on, and it's close to the top. what's below is a mountain completely covered with spikes and a spring on each side. falling platforms lead up to the tiny platform near the top of the stage

i'll give out some more later...

Posted by Alastor

[url=http://supersmashbros.ign.com/stages/5094/Battle-Summit]Battle Summit[/url]

Pictures and a download for those of you who know how to do it. If you don't know how to download stages, it's easy, provided you have an SD card and an SD slot on your computer. Should be detailed instructions somewhere at that site.

Been meaning to make a smaller version. I know you can't grab on to the ledges, but I made it that way. Why? Because if you get sent flying here and don't hit a wall, you're pretty much dead.

I changed the song to the Boss Battles music like immediately after I posted it there and didn't feel like changing the one I'd uploaded, so if you download it, it'll still be "Attack".