Top Loaders....

Posted by starsavior

How much do these things usually cost and how hard are they to find i picked up mine off of a friend for like 50 bucks. Now im struggling to get any games i have to play other than mario and "Nintendo" games what are some other good ones.

Posted by Dexter

I got my first Top Loader around the time it was first released. I forgot how much it was back in those days, but I would estimate around 100.

I got my second one a few years ago at a pawnshop for 5 dollars, along with a few games, which was an excellent deal to have discovered.

I got my third Top Loader just recently for free by an old friend I went to visit. He also gave me my first Power Glove and a few other decent items.

I have gotten lucky in my findings, but I wouldn

Posted by Proto Man

Top loaders are pretty expensive on Ebay, which is why I have not gotten one yet. I have been pretty content with my regular NES though since I have fixed it. That doesn't mean I won't buy a toploader, I just won't be buying one anytime soon. I just hope before I resort to using ebay, that I will get lucky and find one in a garage sale.

You are right Dex, they are usually up around $100. The lowest I have ever seen them go for is $50 bucks, and that was without any games.

The only problem I see with the Top Loading NES is that it has no A/V jacks like the regular NES, only an R/F jack.

Posted by Tyler Durden

The NES top loader:
Technical Specs
Processor:
6508 8-bit (using a custom Motorola 6502 class)
Processor speed:
1.79 Mhz
Resolution:
256x224 (ntsc) or 256x239 (pal)
Colors available:
Max Colors on screen:
Max sprites:
Max sprites per line:
Sprite size:
8x8 or 8x16
Picture Scroll:
2 h.v
RAM:
16 Kbit (2kb)
Video RAM:
16 Kbit (2kb)
Min/Max cart size:
192 Kbit - 4 Mbit
Sound:
PSG sound, 5 channels
2 square wave
1 triangle wave
1 noise
1 PCM
System Notes/History
In 1993, Nintendo released the top loading NES model 2. This newer model was scaled down to nearly half the size of the original. The case was a sleeker design (Like a smoother Famicom). The cartridge port was more stable, and used eject & power buttons similar to it's successor the SuperNES. Even the controller had the "bone-like" shape of the SuperNES. This new model sold for $45. The cheaper price came at the loss of the original model's interface (lockout chip) and A/V Out ports. Nintendo dropped support for this new model a year later. Today, it's a collectors item.

Posted by neofreak91

soon I have one of this
NEW top loader loading NES nintendo system! FAMI
this top loader have audio video out
also These systems have original NES control ports, so you can use any NES controller or accessory :rainbow:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62054&item=8184646901&rd=1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62054&item=8184630797&rd=1

Posted by Proto Man

Ugh, a stupid NES clone. Do yourself a favor and get a real NES.

Posted by Ultimos

Hey now, the top loader is great, I can't remember the last time I had to struggle at all to get a game to work.

Oh and someone mentioned that it has an eject button, but that's simply not true, sorry!