anyone a annoyed at some of the challenges?

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

I'm going a bit nuts unlocking a lot of things, and I noticed some things are just very tedious and I don't feel like doing.

This includes getting trophies for every character in every game mode. Cruel melee at 5 kills was already a pain.

Anyone noticed how insane cruel melee is in this game compared to ssbm? Then they expect you to get an extra 5, I was at that a good 4 hours. I got ****ed when at 9 kills I was knocked out just as one was about to die to complete 10.

Then I found out about the hammers and that they can unlock anything, a little late though. I should have read that manual.

Why does that coin shooter game suck so much after 5 minutes, there's only so much you can handle of that.

I guess, post some challenges you've got needles stuck in your asses.

Posted by Iris

The cruel melee challenge wasn't hard at all. :(

Most annoying one for me was the "collect a total of 5000 coins for Zero Two CD." Who the hell plays coin matches?

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

I don't know how to do little secrets in cruel melee. It looked along the lines of one hit killed me and I then spammed one move at the edge to kill them all, but even that wasn't that easy... I've never been good with the computer :(, pain in the *** for me >_>

Coin match one wasn't too bad, I like coin matches with a jizzload of items, its pretty fun, and probably one of the few times I do play with items. I'm still trying to do the 15 minute melee one... five minutes in... I'm getting annoyed ;_;, is the secret not to do anything for 15 minutes?

Posted by Malevolence

Pick Jiggly and fly around the stage repeatedly. iunno

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

oh ****, you mean I spent a ****load of time trying to kick their asses, wtf :mad:

Posted by junior senior

i can't get past the maze part, i suck :(

Posted by The R.S.

It's going to be a complete blast doing the boss battles on the hardest level setting, especially since the AI seems to have been upgraded. >_>

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Hammers don't even work on all challenges anyways. I tried smashing open some block I can't recall now because I didn't want to do it and all I heard was a CHINK and nothing happened. It was one of the hard, tedious ones too.

Posted by muffla

Whats the deal with the olimar level where you have to get six flowers? I dnt know what to do.

Posted by Ant

NOT HAVE THEM DIE.

And jesus the 15 minute endurance challenge is a *****. I managed to do it with Peach, run and gun baby. run and gun.

Posted by Mystic Hero

I'm pulling my hairs out over Boss Battle on Insane and Very Hard. I get to Tabuu and then get raped by that cheap *** instant KO move he does. Plus I just found out the stupid hammers don't work on all the blocks so now I have to do all the hard **** to get the trophies and whatever else.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=muffla;829198]Whats the deal with the olimar level where you have to get six flowers? I dnt know what to do.
Pluck six Pikmin. Don't let them die. Really easy if you sit on the hill and let the ****ty AI fall into the monster. At least, on Normal level.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Mystic Hero: I'm pulling my hairs out over Boss Battle on Insane and Very Hard. I get to Tabuu and then get raped by that cheap *** instant KO move he does. Plus I just found out the stupid hammers don't work on all the blocks so now I have to do all the hard **** to get the trophies and whatever else.

The hammers don't work on some of them? Interesting. Though I was gonna be a fag and not use any of them.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Ant: The hammers don't work on some of them? Interesting. Though I was gonna be a fag and not use any of them.

Yeah I had the same intentions until Boss Battle on Insane made me want to throw my controller out the window. I tried to unlock the prize form the challenge with the hammer and it didn't work so that just irked me more.

Yeah, all the challenges you'd want to use the hammer on... surprise, you can't actually use a hammer on. It's pretty brilliant.

Posted by David M. Awesome

You can't use the hammers on some of them? ****. Guess you could always blow them all on those stupid coin match slots to save time.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I actually find coin matches kinda enjoyable. SUE ME

Posted by Ant

ALMOST beat boss mode on Intense with Toon Link. Though I had no chance considering I was at 75% when I reached Taboo. fuuuuuuuuck.

[quote=The X;830933]SUE ME

At least you'll have lots of coins for court fees!

Posted by Arcadios

I think I beat Boss Battle with Fox on very hard while trying to get Wolf.
Gotta go check that out.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Ant: ALMOST beat boss mode on Intense with Toon Link. Though I had no chance considering I was at 75% when I reached Taboo. fuuuuuuuuck.

I think your damage percentage doesn't even matter when fighting Tabuu on Intense. His moves become so powerful at that difficulty that even one hit from Tabuu will instantly kill you no matter what with the exception of a few moves. Basically most of the match should jsut be dodging. I've gotten close to killing him several times on intense but its always one very bad dodge that trips me up.

Posted by Alastor

I can't get the timing down for sidestepping the stupid red ring attack.

I've used two of the three hammers, but the only one I can remember was for Bob-omb Battlefield (which is labled as the Super Mario 64 theme for some reason). It's 50 hours of Brawls to unlock it normally, but I figured it wouldn't count online playtime and therefore would take ages for me to actually get, so I went ahead and used a hammer on it.

Quoted post: I've used two of the three hammers,

You get more than just the three. Don't know what gives them to you, but yeah.

Posted by Iris

500 brawl KOs and 30 hours game time are the two I know give hammers.

The brawl KOs are super easy if you turn handicaps on up to 300% and make it like, 99 stock free for all.

Posted by Alastor

Oh. I only got three so far. :cool:

Posted by lanzer

****ing cruel brawl sucks! there attacks are soo in syncro. that i cant barely land a move without them throwing me like a baseball.

dont even get me started on boss battles...
[IMG]http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7338/hammertimejx2.jpg[/IMG]
HAMMERTIME!!

Posted by Red

the challenges that are ****ing me off are the ones that are "beat this with EVERY ****ING CHARACTER" to do classic and all star it takes almost 20 minutes each...to do that like 30 times is annoying as hell.

although I've yet to use a hammer and have 5 of them.

Wouldn't you play through the one player modes with everyone anyways just to get their trophies?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Trophies are for pussies. STICKERS WHERE IT AT

OH *** STICKEEEEERRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

Finally beat Boss battles on intense! go charizards rock smash!

Posted by maian

...Am I the only one that's not allowed to use hammers on ANYTHING boss battles?

>_>

Posted by Alastor

Made that way so you can't use them on the only challenges you'd actually want/need to use them on.

sakuraaaaaaaai