Smash Kingdom

Posted by Ant

These are two flashes with a bunch of shorts revolving around the whole Smash world. I know you're probably already thinking how gay this will be, and it may very well be in your mind, but I found them to both be pretty funny.

The first one came out before brawl so some of the things may not be as up to date:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/413257

The 2nd just recently came out so it has a lot new more pertinent information to base the gags off of.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/428847

Enjoy(MAYBE)!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

TOP TIER MOAR LIKE TOP QUEER

It wasn't that funny, but I enjoyed the fight animations.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

way too long and pretty unfunny.

Posted by Iris

Yeah, not funny at all, really.

Posted by Alastor

FALCON PUUUUUUUUUUNCH

Posted by maian

idk, I laughed. :(

The first one wasn't bad, it had its good moments. But I actually laughed quite a bit on the second.

Posted by The Judge

I liked all of Dedede's PS announcements.

Also, I liked the meeting of the bosses.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Yeah, the VA for Dedede was the only person in the whole thing who didn't come across as a corny idiot. The boss meeting did raise a fairly good point though - why didn't they use Wolf in the SSE plot? The whole time, it seemed like they were scraping for bad guys.

Posted by Alastor

Maybe because Wolf technically isn't a bad guy. He certainly looks like one, but he just sides with the bad guys because they're usually loaded. He's a mercenary no different than Fox, really. Morals, etc. are the only real difference between them.

That or he was put in too late in development for them to consider it. If this is the case, I'm honestly glad they left him out of the story. I'd rather Wolf have been a no-show than have literally 5 seconds of screen time before the final fight. HEY, SONIC!

Posted by Ant

The crazy Diddy part made me lol pretty hard :(

Posted by Alastor

I actually thought that part was too long and not funny at all. :(

Dedede's sex PSA was great, though.

And Ant, I'm calling hivemind on this, because I just so happened to watch the second video the day before you posted it here. I went to Newgrounds out of boredom, since I used to spend a lot of time there. I've never given a **** about any of the content except for the old video game flashes, though. But those vidya gaem flashes... Good times.

Posted by Ant

Indeed, I rarely check newgrounds. I have to be really bored and all my other internet haunts have to be boring at the time as well.

Posted by maian

The DeDeDe announcements were a funny concept to me, but rarely made me laugh, but I found myself loling at almost every boss meeting. I cracked up when Ganondorf brought in Vaati, and when the Eggplant Wizard showed up.

Posted by Alastor

Ganondorf's voice was really annoying, though. HEY I'M EVIL SO OBVIOUSLY I MUST SOUND LIKE I'VE BEEN SANDPAPERING MY THROAT FOR THE PAST FEW HOURS.

Posted by maian

Eh, it's a video game sprite Flash video, give it a break. I lol'd at the cliche-ness. Besides, I think trying to put modern Ganondorf's grunts into a voice that sounds similar would sound more retarded. :cool:

Posted by Alastor

Or they could have just some random friend with a deep voice do his own voice. Like Dedede. His came out fine.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Alastor: Or they could have just some random friend with a deep voice.

:D

But no one ever asks me to do cool flash :(

Posted by O.T.L

LMFAO

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting The X: The boss meeting did raise a fairly good point though - why didn't they use Wolf in the SSE plot? The whole time, it seemed like they were scraping for bad guys.

I just asked myself that question today, and I concluded that for him not to have been in the mix at all, he must've been a late entry in the roster, too late to be a part of SSE. I mean, it's not just that they didn't consider him a villain, since Metaknight was able to appear as a hero.

Alvin-Earthworm picking up the Mario vs. Sonic bit was sweet. I'm totally gay for Mario Bros Z, which I hope he continues soon. When their battle was suddenly interrupted, I was sure Weegee had hit them with an oddly focused couple of negative zones, but I liked the Master and Crazy Hand battle better.

It's like why weren't half the characters in the actual plot? Because Nintendo clearly didn't put that much time into SSE.

Posted by maian

Actually, every character in the game was in the plot, except for Jiggly, Toon Link, and Wolf. :cookie: And Sonic, depending on how you look at it.

I can see Wolf and TL being late entries, especially because of their cloniness, but what about Jigglypuff? If she's in the game, I'm sure she was guaranteed a spot. I wonder why she didn't make it in.

yeah... those were actually all I could think of after I posted that. POINT STILL STANDS

Posted by Alastor

Kinda glad Toon Link wasn't in SSE, actually. The time paradoxes it would've created would've confused the **** out of me. But Wolf? Come on. :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Vamp's right, really. Half the characters in SSE were tagalongs or didn't even do anything. Ice Climbers and Weegee come to mind.

Posted by Alastor

I at least got some pretty good lulz from Weegee's scene. Ice Climbers had more screen time yet served even less purpose than Sonic did.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

WE'RE JUMPING UP A MOUNTAIN, OH MY *** METAKNIGHT'S GOING TO FIGHT SOMEONE

Posted by Alastor

Exactly.

...They didn't even go to The Great Maze, did they? I forgot they were even in SSE by that point.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Can't remember... And I done Great Maze about 12 hours ago. THAT'S HOW BAD IT SUCKED

Posted by Linko_16

Every character got to go to the Great Maze as long as you rescued them, didn't they?

Quoting maian: I can see Wolf and TL being late entries, especially because of their cloniness, but what about Jigglypuff? If she's in the game, I'm sure she was guaranteed a spot. I wonder why she didn't make it in.

Maybe they weren't going to include her at first, but the idea tested badly or something. Or maybe they just plain planned from the beginning to include some as "bonus" characters, lame is it is not to at least include them for a teeny bit of cutscene greatness.

Quoting Alastor: Kinda glad Toon Link wasn't in SSE, actually. The time paradoxes it would've created would've confused the **** out of me.

They reconciled the two different Links themselves already. Listen to Snake's codec message for Toon Link. David and I already did it for each character, some of them are pretty jawsome. If you really don't feel like going to the effort to listening to the fabulous MGS voice acting, there's a guide on GameFAQ's that lists each one.

Posted by Alastor

No no, I saw it. In fact, my Friend List icon is Toon Link, and my message is, "...Cat eyes."

I watched all of the codecs I could find on YouTube before I got the game (in English), and I went back and done the codecs for the characters I hadn't seen yet myself about two or three days ago.

Posted by Linko_16

I don't think anyone's mentioned this yet, but I really liked Kirby's personality. Despite his crappy sprite work. IF THE OPEN-MOUTH SPRITE AND THE CLOSED-MOUTH SPRITE HAVE DIFFERENT SHADING, FIX IT BEFORE YOU START WORK ON THE MOVIE.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The little noises Kirby makes during the game are so d'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. His new 'HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII~' is much less irritating than it was in Melee.

[quote=Linko_16;829608][COLOR=indigo]Maybe they weren't going to include her at first, but the idea tested badly or something.[/COLOR]
The fact that Pikachu has the green headband, and that her final smash is so unbelievably crappy, I'm pretty sure she was headed off the roster. Why, idk. All non-clones should have been preserved.

Posted by junior senior

kirby is so cute when he has the R.O.B. hat on!!!

Posted by Linko_16

Not nearly as cute as he is while going "BEEEE" using the power.

Also, I forgot to mention that whoever made these movies fail for 1. Hatin' on Jiggly and 2. Saying Kid Icarus sucks.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting The X: The fact that Pikachu has the green headband

Emerald Male Trainer's headband, not Jiggly's.

Posted by Zeta

in b4 someone insists it's a spiky hat, instead of headband and hair.

Posted by Alastor

Considering you can see dark brown hair under it... :cookie:

Anyway, point is that Pikachu just wears the headband.

Pikachu has Red's hat, Gold's goggles, and Ruby's headband (from Emerald, though).
Jigglypuff has Green's hat (FireRed/LeafGreen), Yellow's hat (Pokemon Adventures manga), and... I forget what Jiggly's other alternate is. :(

Posted by Linko_16

A hibiscus flower, if I'm naming it right.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Alastor;829687]Gold's goggles
wuuuuuuuuuuut? Didn't Gold have a backwards cap?

Posted by junior senior

Quoting Linko_16: Not nearly as cute as he is while going "BEEEE" using the power.

that's what i mean!! he's so adorable!!!! :) :) :)
i want him it's so cute!!!
[youtube=KHxyUmLD4L8]KHxyUmLD4L8[/youtube]
4 minutes in<3

Posted by Alastor

Quoting The X: wuuuuuuuuuuut? Didn't Gold have a backwards cap?

Somewhere in the manga/in a bunch of fanart/whatever, he's got goggles, too.

Edit: Yep. In the game, nothing, but in the manga, [url=http://www.serebii.net/manga/characters/gold.shtml]goggles[/url].

Posted by Ant

ah man, good to know.

Posted by Screenname

I thought it was funny

Posted by maian

Yeah, I never thought for a second that Pikachu "stole" Jiggly's headband. I identified it as Green's headband the moment I saw it, and I hadn't even played Pokemon at that time.

But I always use it as his costume, nevertheless. :cookie: I also use Jiggly's white hat, they're the two costumes of the trainers I used in Pokemans.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting maian: Green's headband

Ruby's. [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_(Pok%C3%A9mon)]Green[/url] didn't have a headband.

The more you know!

Posted by Linko_16

For me, it's Red's hat for Pikachu and delicious sunhat for Jigglypuff (which I'm told resembles Yellow's from the manga).

Unfortunately, all of Pokemon Trainer's alternate colors suck except for the one that's basically the same coloration, except slightly different to simulate the traditional shades. That's the one I normally use just for the sake of using an alternate color.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Pok

Posted by Alastor

I really dig Snake's jungle camo, despite never really playing any of the MGS games. Fire Mario and Luigi were "about time!" additions, Link's are all fairly cool now (really like the yellowish-orange one for some reason), and the retro Toon Link is just win.

...What was the point of this thread again? Something about some movie, I think.

Posted by Zeta

[quote]Meta Kefka

what

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Zeta;830028]whatOne of Meta Knight's alt costumes is a pretty obvious nod to Kefka.

Posted by Zeta

Ffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck urge to main Meta Knight rising.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Zeta;830032]Ffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck urge to main Meta Knight rising.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE7hLXPep-A

Skip to 1:48.

Posted by Zeta

k maining Meta Knight. Taunts are Kefka quotes.

Posted by Alastor

What about "Suffer like G did."? D:

Posted by Zeta

Seperate player profiles. :cookie:

Posted by Alastor

They all share the same taunts, buddy.

Posted by Zeta

****IT

Posted by maian

When I said Green's headband, I guess I meant Emerald's. :cookie:

Or maybe "Ruby's green headband"

Posted by Alastor

Ruby's green headband. Emerald is another character.

The names get confusing. :(