So some dude is apparently the king of GH.

Posted by Roger Smith

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=26288405&sid=6187866&action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;1

[quote=Gamespot]When the first Guitar Hero came out in 2005, a running joke inside its fanbase was the hypothetical inclusion of infamous power-metal group DragonForce in an upcoming installment of Activision's popular rhythm-game franchise. Though the idea was initially brushed off as preposterous, Activision up and did just that with Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock, released for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, and Wii last November. It now appears that the British headbangers are the subject of a new Guinness World Record.

Heralding the arrival of the Guinness World Records: Gamer's Edition 2008 this week, its editors held a contest in New York City that pitted the planet's top Guitar Hero players against each other. Winning the event was 16-year-old Chris Chike of Rochester, Minnesota, who captured the record for "Highest Score for a Single Song on Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock" by thrashing his way to a 97 percent completion rate and 840,647 points in DragonForce's "Through the Fire and Flames" on expert difficulty.

The Guinness World Records: Gamer's Edition is presided over by Twin Galaxies, subject of 2007's critically acclaimed King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters. Gamers who think they have a record on their hands are encouraged to visit Guinness World Record's Web site to learn how to submit their score. Chike's record-setting performance can been seen on YouTube.

Posted by Poco

i wonder what the world record cpm (cheetos per minute) is

Posted by Roger Smith

Oh *** who knows.

Posted by muffla

I know the guy who is ranked 17th in the world on wii version

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

97%? Not that exciting. Pretty lame in fact.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=muffla;828369]I know the guy who is ranked 17th in the world on wii versionThis is not something to brag about, dude.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: 97%? Not that exciting. Pretty lame in fact.

It got him in the Guiness book.

doesn't make it interesting or neat.

Posted by Roger Smith

Yeah, I'll disagree.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

pft.

i got like.
a 100% on that song.
on expert.

without using my hands.
without touching the ground.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;828398]97%? Not that exciting. Pretty lame in fact.

Bit harsh.

Posted by Roger Smith

It's kinda funny cuz he criticizes this guy, yet I remember reading a post of his saying he sucks at GH III.

Oh man.

Posted by Red

why does no one use the guitar hero blog!?

oh and yeah I agree, 97% doesn't impress me much.

Posted by Roger Smith

Because the GH blog doesn't get as much attention as General Gaming.

If someone wants to move it idc.

Posted by Lord of Spam

pft, i got 110% on it using my phallus to hold down the fret buttons while strumming with my balls

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Lord of Spam: pft, i got 110% on it using my phallus to hold down the fret buttons while strumming with my balls

Quoting VirtualRealityZone: pft.

i got like.
a 100% on that song.
on expert.

without using my hands.
without touching the ground.

Some talented faggots in this thread.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Roger Smith;828539]It's kinda funny cuz he criticizes this guy, yet I remember reading a post of his saying he sucks at GH III.
Can still be a critic, even if you suck *** at something. THINK EPIC MOVIE SUCKED ***? WHY DON'T YOU MAKE A MOVIE, *******!!!!! How is this the world record, anyway? Youtube has a lot of videos where kids are getting 98%. Pour exampl

Posted by Shade

It's a world record for the points, not the %.

[quote]It's kinda funny cuz he criticizes this guy, yet I remember reading a post of his saying he sucks at GH III.

Yeah, GH3. Pretty sure he's awwwright at GH2, though.

Posted by Roger Smith

[QUOTE=The X;828562] How is this the world record, anyway? Youtube has a lot of videos where kids are getting 98%. Pour exampl

Posted by Shade

Good thing you completely missed the point. I'm sure you can backtrack and find it, though.

Posted by Speedfreak

The percentage isn't the score, the score is.

Posted by Nazo

OH SNAP, BACK UP! MAYBE WE SHOULD FUSE TOGETHER AND CREATE RAZO THE NEGOTIATING MYSTERY AGAIN! THEIR COMBINED POWERS MAY BE TOO MUCH FOR USE TO HANDLE SEPARATED! WHAT SAY YOU ROGER?

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Shade: Good thing you completely missed the point. I'm sure you can backtrack and find it, though.

The point is that vamp criticized, I disagreed, and you for some reason brought up GH2. If Through the Fire and Flames was on GH2, I wouldn't give a ****, but GH2 has nothing to do with this thread.

Oh man, Nazo! Good thing YOUR here, I can't fight this losing battle against Shade. He knows his **** too well and I suck too bad at photoshop to fight back!

Posted by Malevolence

[QUOTE=The X;828562]? Youtube has a lot of videos where kids are getting 98%. Pour exampl

Quoted post: It's kinda funny cuz he criticizes this guy, yet I remember reading a post of his saying he sucks at GH III.

Oh man.

haha, oh wow.

just... wow

Posted by Panic!

I saw this on TMZ the other day. I am pretty impressed. It's a very overcharted song, and it's hard to get that many notes. And 97% isn't bad on a song like that. I am waiting for HellAshes from ScoreHero to get 100% though. He did it first with Jordan, he'll do it first with TTFAF.

Posted by Bebop

97 on expert mode on that song is impressive.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: haha, oh wow.

just... wow

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, OH WOW. WOW OH WOW, HAHA WOW. OH.

Seriously, dude. Wow. You're telling me I can't criticize something because I can't do any better? Come back when you've never done anything similar. Until then, wow.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: You're telling me I can't criticize something because I can't do any better? Come back when you've never done anything similar. Until then, wow.

Never said you couldn't do it. You can do whatever the hell you like, just think it's lame that someone who isn't very good at a game gives ****ty crit to someone who's actually seems pretty decent.

I mean, maybe I'm the only idiot in this thread who thinks he did a pretty good job on the song. But then again I've never played any GH game. Go figure. :cookie:

He did a good job, sure, whatever. But it's not that impressive for a world record. In fact, quite lame.

Posted by Speedfreak

Have you seen a higher score?

Haven't cared to look! Just sayin', for a world record I expect at least 99%.

Posted by skaterzpenguin

I beat throught the fire and fames by dragonforce and I got a 85% on the song. :) thats still pretty good.

Posted by Panic!

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;829561]Haven't cared to look! Just sayin', for a world record I expect at least 99%.

I completely get what you're saying, but for Through the Fire and Flames, 97% will get you a crazy score. I think on Expert there's somewhere around 3500 - 3800 notes.

Oh I realise that. Like I said, it's impressive as an achievement, just not a world record.

Posted by Speedfreak

You put too much weight in the percentage and not the score, which is what they're judging it on. 2% doesn't mean a thing when you compare the scores of someone going for a high score and someone going for a high percentage. L2P

Score could've been higher too.

Posted by Speedfreak

How high should it have been for a score that's supposed to be produced on demand?

Dude, who even ****ing cares anymore? idk, really high or something

Posted by Speedfreak

Not you, you don't care about anything. Because you're so fucking hardcore.

or you just care too much.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Dude, who even ****ing cares anymore? idk, really high or something

Relative to what? The record he just set? :rolleyes:

relative to the record. world record = super ****ing high

drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Posted by mis0

YES, which happens to be what he set. So you're saying he should have got a high score relative to the nonexistent high score which his performance then became. Unless you're saying he should try to better his score, in which case you're admitting his score is high, when you earlier said you weren't impressed.

duuuuuuuuuuuur yourself.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;831551]relative to the record. world record = super ****ing high

drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Uhh, no. The world record is simply the highest, even by the smallest margin. For someone who doesn't care about anything you're pretty committed to letting everyone know that you don't care about some guy's world record for a game you don't care about. YOU'RE SO ALOOF.

I'm saying for a world record the record itself isn't all that impressive. When I hear world record I tend to think it's something that will blow me away. Like going from one side of america to the other doing cartwheels. This record, however, shouldn't be standing for too long at all.

why we're still going on about this ****... who ****ing knows.

Quoted post: Uhh, no. The world record is simply the highest, even by the smallest margin. For someone who doesn't care about anything you're pretty committed to letting everyone know that you don't care about some guy's world record for a game you don't care about. YOU'RE SO ALOOF.

I don't care, but I'll keep going if you guys do. You should know that by now. Though are you seriously saying you give a **** about this topic? I'd be slightly surprised and saddened if you do.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;831558]I don't care, but I'll keep going if you guys do. You should know that by now. Though are you seriously saying you give a **** about this topic? I'd be slightly surprised and saddened if you do.

You'd be saddened, but you don't care.

Posted by Bebop

Just ignore Vamp. He wants attention.

In before his "ha ha oh wow" catchphrase

Posted by mis0

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: why we're still going on about this ****... who ****ing knows.

Because you have extreme difficulty a) dealing with being wrong, and b) letting anyone else have the last word. I mean, seriously, you may not be impressed that the highscore is sub-1,000,000, but that doesn't invalidate it is the current standing official world record.

What, I can't say I don't find it impressive as a world record? I honestly don't see what the big deal is. Why get defensive over that?

Posted by mis0

Ugh, I'm not getting defensive over anything. How impressed you are has nothing to do with whether the record stands or not, because you clearly seem to think the world record has to be, and I quote, "super ****ing high". There's a disconnect between your opinion and the definition.

Quoted post: How impressed you are has nothing to do with whether the record stands or not

This whole thing has been about me not being impressed by the record. I'm not saying it doesn't stand, because obviously it does and obviously it's official. I just don't find it that impressive. It's my opinion on the matter and there was really no need for anyone to respond to it because it's just a matter of opinion. The definition of whatever can **** off for all I care because it doesn't have anything to do with whether I find the high score impressive or not. Pretty simple.

Posted by Speedfreak

We responded because your opinion was based on an irrelevent metric.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I don't understand how, exactly, you don't find this "impressive," Vamp. He's the best at Guitar Hero, he has the record for nearly every song on Score Hero. You know the saying, "There's always someone better?" Well, sorry, but Chris Chike here just proved that, when it comes to Guitar Hero, there's NOBODY, out of millions of people that play this game, that is better. Sure, you can say, "Oh, it's just (Guitar Hero/a video game)," but, again, out of millions of people, he's the best. I think you're just being completely stubborn and probably a tad jealous.