Which Game Do You Think Will Dominate This Year???

Posted by hellen4you

We can obviously tell which games will be sold very quickly, and be talked about for ages. Here is a few that I have picked which will be talked about for a good time:
1. Gears Of War 2
2. Fable 2
3. Saints Row 2
4. GTA IV
5. MGS4
6. SSBB
7. *** Of War 3
8. Dark Sector

There is more, but you can pick your own selection of games which will dominate this year. So what are your thoughts and opinions share it on this thread, and see what reaction we shall get.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

GTA will likely be top. I can't see Dark Sector making it in the top ten of anything.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

[quote]4. GTA IV
5. MGS4
6. SSBB

I don't see how these three are not the top three.

Posted by Borealis

awful list

not that i have one of my own, but i know it's going to be brawl, mgs, and gears 2 up there along with a game no one saw coming

Posted by Crazy K

GTAIV, MGS4, Saints Row 2, Gears 2 (might have to pick this one up), and idk what else at the moment.

Posted by Arcadios

Brawl, GTA and MGS4.

Quoted post: Saints Row 2

lol

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Who wants Saints Row 2 when you can have GTAIV? Seriously.

Why they're even releasing that game in the same year as GTA blows my mind.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

gears of war 2.

without a doubt.

Posted by Crazy K

[quote=The X;828417]Who wants Saints Row 2 when you can have GTAIV? Seriously.

I'll most likely check it out, by possibly renting it, but GTAIV will by far be more superior.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Why is there no Starcraft 2?

Cause it'll get pirated more than it'll sell.

Posted by Speedfreak

Apparantly Nintendo's "big holiday game" is gonna be shown at E3. Wonder what it'll be. Doubt it'll be something like Pilotwings or F-Zero, they're not big enough. Zelda and Mario would be too soon. Will probably be some Wii Fit type thing, really hope not though.

Wrath of the Lich King will dominate, methinks.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Speedfreak;828538]Wrath of the Lich King will dominate, methinks.Wow, we totally overlooked that ****. Good call.

I get the feeling Nintendo's big game is going to be another big crossover. Reggie's comment about it getting 'old school gamers excited' activated my nostalgia sense. That, or a Kid Icarus game.

Posted by Shade

Golden Sun 3.

...:(

Posted by maian

I remember some guy on Brawl Central awhile ago talking about some huge new project Nintendo had planned, using the technologies of Brawl. There's a 90% chance he was just a fake, but that's something to think about. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a Wii Fit esque thing though. =/

And no way it could be Zelda, since Nintendo habitually announces those two years before their release, and then delays them for four more years. At least, that's what it feels like. >_>

Still, a new Zelda game is in development, and has been for a long time. Interesting.

Posted by Speedfreak

Animal Crossing DS sold like a Halo game, there's still that MMO thing to consider. There's also the Mario RPG rumour, and it including Square characters.

I really don't buy anything Kid Icarus-related. Can't see why it'd be a "big game". We can rule out Pok

Posted by Prince Shondronai

EGM's rumor section hinted that the next Zelda game would be coming out "sooner than you would expect," I think. That was awhile ago, too.

Posted by Speedfreak

Well it better be an online version of Four Swords because if they throw something like TP out again I'll have lost faith in the series.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

You would take Four Swords... over Twilight Princess? oh jeez

Posted by Speedfreak

Hell yeah I would. Funniest multiplayer game ever VS handholdy adventure game? No contest.

Nintendo stated that Twilight Princess would be the last "traditional" Zelda game in the series for awhile, I believe. This could mean 4-Swords. This could mean wacky new controls. This could mean futuristic setting. E3's not that far away...

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah, then they did Phantom Hourglass. Which was pretty good but had really crappy overworld exploration. Stealth dungeon and map drawing was excellent, though, if only it were harder. I want item and dungeon reshuffling every time you play. I want Zelda to be a game that you can be good at rather than an "interactive experience" that you finish like a storybook.

Here's the Reggie quote:

Quoted post: When asked if the orchestra conductor demo from E3 2006 would make an appearance, Reggie said "Who knows? Maybe that's one of the things we'll talk about at E3." He similarly dodged a Donkey Kong Wii question.
Fils-Aime said that Nintendo's post-E3 releases will be "maximizing all of our key franchises," teasing something the hardcore userbase will be frothing over. F-Zero? Pilotwings? Something Zelda-related? What is it?!
Reggie was cagey. "There's gonna be a big game for the holiday that the gamers will want," he said. "All I can tell you is what we announce during E3 is gonna be fantastic. The gamer is gonna be excited and the expanded audience is gonna be excited."

I think the key is where he said gamers and expanded audience would like it, though he emphasised gamers. Perhaps a hardcore franchise that, a la Mario, is accessible again.

Posted by S

I guess that's the vice of video gamers – they always want more; bigger and flashier things.

Posted by Speedfreak

I don't want bigger or flashier. A 3 hour Zelda game with SNES graphics that actually had replay value would suit me fine.

Posted by Shade

I dunno man, 3 hours? Not enough game for me.

Posted by Ant

That's probably why you never beat SMB. GUH....ugh...-shiver-

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

/spit

We forgot Fallout 3.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Shade;828768]I dunno man, 3 hours? Not enough game for me.

Hence replay value. Like how a Halo match is 10 minutes long and no one complains that it's not enough game for them?

Quoted post: I guess that's the vice of video gamers – they always want more; bigger and flashier things.

Those same gamers probably aren't looking at the Wii right now though.

Anywho, 10bux says it's going to be a huge disappointment. Something with Wii in the title that'll be very non-gamer focused, but it'll incorporate Nintendo characters for the hardcore fans.

Posted by Speedfreak

It's probably for the best to expect that, if only to save ourselves from disappointment.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Speedfreak: Hence replay value. Like how a Halo match is 10 minutes long and no one complains that it's not enough game for them?

An RPG can only have so much replay value. And you really can't compare replay value in an RPG to that of an online shooter.

[quote=ANT]That's probably why you never beat SMB. GUH....ugh...-shiver-

I also killed your puppy and mailed you its grilled organs. Which you ate. Pig.

Quoted post: It's probably for the best to expect that, if only to save ourselves from disappointment.

Yeah, pretty much. It's just what I'm going to do with Nintendo from now on. Set my expectations really low so everything seems a lot better than it really is.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Shade;828881]An RPG can only have so much replay value. And you really can't compare replay value in an RPG to that of an online shooter.

The fact that Zelda doesn't have replay value is exactly my point. I want a Zelda that does.

Online zelda mmo confirmed

So...what? There's a hundred million Triforces now, instead of just the 3? Track down the Triforces of Power, Wisdom, Courage, Love, Hate, Angst, Confidence, Melancholy, Spleen, Pie, Cardboard, and many more!

Posted by Shade

Quoting Speedfreak: The fact that Zelda doesn't have replay value is exactly my point. I want a Zelda that does.

So it has to be short to have replay value? How about a 20 hour Zelda game that does?

Quoted post: So...what? There's a hundred million Triforces now, instead of just the 3?

Could always be like lotro. you never play the main characters, but instead take part in/witness scenes from the books/movies.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Having an overworld with every locale from every incarnation of Hyrule would be sw33t. FIRE TEMPLE 40 MAN RAID WE DOWNED VOLVAGIA

Posted by Speedfreak

Haha, and it's head hangs over Hyrule Castle town's gates and gives all the inhabitants a 2 hour buff? I'm down with that.