Tabuu's trophy...

Posted by Litbut

So I got Tabuu's trophy, losing only half my characters on Intense. If any of you care. If you want to know what his trophy looks like and says, keep reading. If not, don't read.

His trophy shows him up in the air, his knee is halfway up, holding his right arm up with his whip thing behind him changing from blue to yellow as it nears the orange-ish shike with a white tip, about to use his whip. His trophy says this: "The ruler of the Subspace and master of operations. Tabuu controls the Master Hand with chains of light to excise this world and build up his great maze. He used Shadow Bugs to form Subspace and manipulate the servents of Master Hand to his heart's content. Born in a vastly foreign realm, he also possesses great leadership powers. Tabuu... No name is more suitable."

And there you go. What his trophy looks like and says.

Posted by Linko_16

Funny, I was just about to come here and say that I got him, only I did so on Very Hard and with a friend. Too bad it doesn't explain anything about his motive like I hoped it would.

Posted by Litbut

I did it by myself.

Posted by maian

yo

Posted by Litbut

Yep. Tabuu is a lot of fun on Intense.

Posted by Linko_16

Having a friend help you on SSE doesn't make it much easier - in fact, if you're a good player, it's often better to reserve all your lives for yourself.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

too bad the great maze sucks

Posted by Linko_16

It was okay once. Doing it a second time with my brother was a little annoying.

Posted by Malevolence

Quoting Linko_16: It was okay once. Doing it a second time with my brother was a little annoying.

Doing it twice is quite the feat. Have you tried sucking your own dick?

Posted by Linko_16

Such a challenge is beyond me.

By the way, I asked in another thread about how to get around Tabuu's shockwave-of-death attack from the background. While facing him many times to earn his trophy, I learned that dodging is the only way, but once you get the rhythm down it's actually quite easy. Just fyi.

Posted by Malevolence

Quoting Linko_16: Such a challenge is beyond me.

By the way, I asked in another thread about how to get around Tabuu's shockwave-of-death attack from the background. While facing him many times to earn his trophy, I learned that dodging is the only way, but once you get the rhythm down it's actually quite easy. Just fyi.

Figured as much. Tabuu strangely reminded me of Sigma (even the sound of the music), and I mainly thought SSE was like playing Megaman with a ton more characters. There weren't many attacks sigma had you couldn't dodge.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Malevolence;827891]Figured as much. Tabuu strangely reminded me of Sigma (even the sound of the music), and I mainly thought SSE was like playing Megaman with a ton more characters. There weren't many attacks sigma had you couldn't dodge.

As far as I know there is no attack you cannot dodge somehow in any of the Megaman games.

This is because the designers like seeing lonely japs do perfect runs.

and yeah, they totally wanted megaman in

i mean, you had to fight all of the bosses again

IT'S A STAPLE IN THE MEGAMAN SERIES

Posted by Zeta

ToadMan's rain att- OH WAIT NO FORGET I SAID ANYTHING

Posted by Arcadios

INAFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNE

Posted by Ant

I thought the same thing about Tabuu being like Sigma. The giant face part being the main reason for that thought.

Posted by Malevolence

Quoting Stalolin: As far as I know there is no attack you cannot dodge somehow in any of the Megaman games.

This is because the designers like seeing lonely japs do perfect runs.

and yeah, they totally wanted megaman in

i mean, you had to fight all of the bosses again

IT'S A STAPLE IN THE MEGAMAN SERIES

Haha, when I first entered Great Maze, and I got to the North eastern part and walked into a save room, I saw the little portal at the top and I thought I was going to have to fight every boss all over again, entering those portals. I had no idea what they did at first.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Malevolence: and I mainly thought SSE was like playing Megaman with a ton more characters.

It's actually exactly like a Kirby game, ESPECIALLY the Great Maze. You know, same developers and all.

Posted by Ant

The whole game reeked of Kirby. Oh Sakurai...

Posted by Linko_16

In a good way, though. Kirby has always been the finest (and pretty much the only) co-op platformer there is.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: ESPECIALLY the Great Maze.

So I'm the only one that immediately thought castlevania?

Posted by Malevolence

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: So I'm the only one that immediately thought castlevania?

I did, but only if I was playing Marth or something. An actual CV looking character.

Posted by Screenname

I thought of tetris.....shiftyeyes.gif

Posted by David M. Awesome

Yeah, Linko and I teamed up to get it. Took a ****ing hour. Thank Gawd for knock back resistance stickers. :cookie:

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, we hadn't bothered using stickers before, but we decided loading up on launch resistance for the characters we had in mind wouldn't hurt. Take a little oomph out of those instant-death attacks.