Burnout Paradise

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

... Is getting new DLC!

[URL]http://www.operationburnout.com/paradise/a-new-car-and-bridge/[/URL]

So far we've seen one new car (an off-road dune buggy), and a bridge on the eastern edge of the game's map, with Criterion hinting: 'Where we're going, we don't need roads!'.

**** yeah, DESERT ISLAND!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

so it's free, right?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Who knows? EA/Criterion says we're getting a mix of free/paid content, so that the community isn't wedged. Map = free, car = paid? idk.

Sounds about right. Couldn't give a **** about a new car anyways.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Now I want to see how Infinity Ward implement the four new maps without cluster****ing the userbase like the patch did.

what's wrong with the patch now?

And the only way maps would work is a halo system. Separate playlist, free after a certain time.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Host migration. The new system leaves a lot of lobbies half-full, with people waiting for more to join. Surprisingly, more frustrating than the old system of just being dumped back to the frontend. Plus, when a party leader backs out now, his party doesn't come out with him, too.

Quoted post: Plus, when a party leader backs out now, his party doesn't come out with him, too.

Never did. Party leader would always have to say "backing out" before he backed out.

Quoted post: Host migration. The new system leaves a lot of lobbies half-full, with people waiting for more to join. Surprisingly, more frustrating than the old system of just being dumped back to the frontend.

Never really have a problem with that. Once a host leaves the lobby typically fills up pretty quick. It's probably because you live in scotland

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote]
Update Cagney will introduce three new FreeBurn multiplayer modes: Online Stunt Run, Marked Man and Road Rage. Online Stunt Run will involve up to 8 players simultaneously competing for the highest stunt score within 2 minutes. Road Rage will feature two teams: One must race to a checkpoint and then the finish line, while the other tries to stop them. Marked Man will be like a game of tag, with the marked man having no boost, their car will be slower and he/she won't be able to see the other players. One player will act as the Marked Man. He will get points for survival and the other players will get points for taking him down.[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnout_Paradise#cite_note-23"][24][/URL] Criterion also mentioned that they will aim to add "many more" online modes as time goes on.
On April 23rd, 2008 it was announced that Motorbikes and Night-Time would appear in the Davis Update, along with tailored locations, challenges and game modes.
MOTORBIKES? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Seriously though - how will they work in Burnout's personless land?

Quoted post: Road Rage will feature two teams: One must race to a checkpoint and then the finish line, while the other tries to stop them.

Hey, that sounds like my cops and crooks idea!

Quoted post: Seriously though - how will they work in Burnout's personless land?

it'll likely have people. Like the f1 cars.

Posted by Kit

At least the bikes will be easy takedowns, right?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

BIKES ON WEDNESDAY

http://www.criteriongames.com/article.php?artID=346

Posted by Ant

suld i buy dis game 4 25$?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

YES YES YES

Posted by #061402

We should all play someday.

BIKES **** YES

Good thing willeth will undoubtedly be on that day. get some online going.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i want to see how the bike riders react to takedowns

should be hilarious

stay glued to the bikes and fade out immediately after impact.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

probably right

cant imagine criterion programming ragdoll physics for a DLC pack

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

This game is do doo. Racing with a compass on top of the screen is annoying.. I miss the first Burnout when you taped anything it equaled automatic crash. Closed in courses and non licensed instrumental music was the way to go. Naming a game Paradise City and have the GNR song looping on the main menu is the corniest thing ever.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The series has had licensed music since forever and if you seriously prefer a Burnout game where EVERYTHING causes you to crash over one where you crash dramatically in slow-mo to things you would honestly crash for in real life, you are a strange man.

also i kinda smiled at the paradise city intro

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

Quoting The X: The series has had licensed music since forever and if you seriously prefer a Burnout game where EVERYTHING causes you to crash over one where you crash dramatically in slow-mo to things you would honestly crash for in real life, you are a strange man.

Whhhhat???

Everyone knows Burnout 1 was terrible, 2 was pretty great and 3 was awesome with 4 being the worst and 5 being just a bit worse than 3.

And I don't know why people complain about the minimap/compass. All you need to look for is which sign on your screen is flashing and turn that way. Pretty easy!

So, it turns out when you crash your bike falls over and your dude disappears immediately when the cutscene starts. It looks really bad actually.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i know it was too much to ask for GTAIV bike physics, but wow does that look dumb.

The racing itself looks pretty good (though when the bikes land they seem to land with the same force as the cars, which is a little iffy) but yeah, the crashing (ie the very basis of burnout) is terrible. Disappointing as ****.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Okay, after playing for a while, the bikes just feel like remodelled cars. Not that much great about them.

*******it, I figured as much. Seemed like they had the exact same weight to them and everything. So they're basically cars with no crashes? FUUUUUUUUUUUCK