so i almost died today

Posted by Lord of Spam

I felt like exploring my surroundings, so i hoped in the car, grabbed a road map, and found a road that went through the middle of nowhere, with no cities nearby and nothing noted in the area. A nice abandoned road in a national forest to drive down and think 'bout stuff on.

So as I'm driving, I see a side road coming up. its just a little gravel path, really, barely big enough to drive down comfortable (maybe 10 feet wide at most). I decided on a whim to see what it led to. The answer was more forest. For almost 5 miles I went deeper and deeper into the woods, and found nothing except places that would be awesome to go mudding in (being in a car, I passed them by).

After a fair deal, I decided to turn around and head back (seeing as I had prior engagements to be to, and was feeling rather hungry by then). The thing is, driving 5 miles through unfamiliar territory at 5mph is only fun once. So, being the drivan fan I am, i decided to crank it up a bit. I pushed it up to 15mph and noticed no difference. I entered a turn at 15 and pushed out of it, exiting at about 20ish (twas a rather mild turn, to be fair). By this time, I began to get the feeling of invincibility that small victories bring that is usually followed by "oh****oh****oh****oh********". however, I pressed on, ever eager to test my irl drivan skillz. I soon came to another, slightly sharper turn (maybe 60 degrees right hander, level terrain). I realized I need to drop some speed (I was doing maybe 50 at this point, owing to the large straight that had preceeded the turn) so I lifted off the gas, fearing a heavy application of brakes would cause the wheels to lock. I entered the turn at about 35, and all started out well. the back end slid out ever so slightly, so I counter steered and applied the tiniest bit of gas.

however, I noticed that I was nonetheless still drifting to the outside of the turn. I attempted to correct this by lessening the countersteer angle, however all this accomplished was bringing the back end farther about. At this point I was on the straight again, and was starting to feel the "oh****" coming. I then steered back some to the left to try to bring the front in line, and was promptly greeted by the back end swinging hard right. I fishtailed a few times, each time getting closer to control. alas, on the final pendelum, the back right tire cuaght the shoulder. It lost all grip and slid down into the ditch, bringing the rest of the car with it. As I felt it go over, I steered right to try to straighten the car (to bring the wheels that were now airborn into contact with the ground back level) and applied the brakes full on.

I came to rest not 4 inches from a tree.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

tl;dr shame you didn't die

Posted by Lord of Spam

I then took a moment to **** a brick. After that, i put the car in park, and turned it off. i got out and inspected my surroundings. To my benefit: a pocket knife. To my detriment: loose, wet soil, a car in a 3 foot ditch, no cell phone (forgotten in my rush and anticipation), a 4 mile walk to the nearest road, and fairly bald tires (found the latter part out as I was digging them from the mud).

It took me an hour and a half to dig my car out. I dug a bit in front of it, lessening the angle required to get back onto the road, then cut down many a young tree and placed them in front of the tires to aid in grip. It was long and hard, but by *** it worked.

This has taught me two things. first, I need more drivan practice. Two, volvos are mother ****ing BEASTS.

My car is unharmed. the suspension is fine. the paint is fine. the alignment isnt even off. Its as if a viking stumbled into some bushes while trying to pee whiel drunk, and instead decided to cut them out of his way instead.

LONG LIVE DAS UBERCAR.

Posted by ExoXile

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKING tl;dr

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I didn't read it, but I imagine it's something to do with the fact you were almost flattened by another car. Probably the most dangerous experience you'll ever have in the navy, dude.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Not even close.

Posted by Ant

I always loved moments like that. Though I know there's no chance in hell I would remember the whole making sure the steering wheel doesn't lock thing. I'd be all like "oh noes the steering wheel is now locked whatever am I going to do now?" and then I would crash and burn and die and that would suck the end

Posted by Lord of Spam

ive played a lit of drivan sims that are true to rl physics, and spent a fair deal of time jerking off to various car things, so I'm not a total noob.

still pretty noob though, admittedly. Ive always wanted to go to a rally drivan school. maybe ill look into that over pschool grad leave :3

I almost got run over pushing some indian dude's car up an icy hill. that was pretty super

Posted by Ant

that's what you get for helping out that curry smelling faggot.

it's funny because he was driving a small, ****ty car and was blasting indian music when I went up and knocked on his window. Terrible driver.

Posted by Arcadios

almost dosen't cut it
come back when you do it entirely

Posted by Shade

I got hit by a car once. Good times.

Posted by Lord of Spam

i can just imagine this apu looking mother ****er sitting there grooving out to his heathen forhead dot music when vamp comes up and is like "im here to help you also grim" *peircings* and the indian dude is like "lol wut?"

He didn't even say anything. But he helped a guy who was stuck in front of him, so kinda had to help him too. Ended up being the only one. You'd think more people would help push, considering it'd go faster.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Lord of Spam: I pushed it up to 15mph and noticed no difference. I entered a turn at 15 and pushed out of it, exiting at about 20ish (twas a rather mild turn, to be fair). By this time, I began to get the feeling of invincibility that small victories bring that is usually followed by "oh****oh****oh****oh********". however, I pressed on, ever eager to test my irl drivan skillz. I soon came to another, slightly sharper turn (maybe 60 degrees right hander, level terrain). I realized I need to drop some speed (I was doing maybe 50 at this point, owing to the large straight that had preceeded the turn) so I lifted off the gas, fearing a heavy application of brakes would cause the wheels to lock. I entered the turn at about 35, and all started out well. the back end slid out ever so slightly, so I counter steered and applied the tiniest bit of gas.

however, I noticed that I was nonetheless still drifting to the outside of the turn. I attempted to correct this by lessening the countersteer angle, however all this accomplished was bringing the back end farther about. At this point I was on the straight again, and was starting to feel the "oh****" coming. I then steered back some to the left to try to bring the front in line, and was promptly greeted by the back end swinging hard right. I fishtailed a few times, each time getting closer to control. alas, on the final pendelum, the back right tire cuaght the shoulder. It lost all grip and slid down into the ditch, bringing the rest of the car with it. As I felt it go over, I steered right to try to straighten the car (to bring the wheels that were now airborn into contact with the ground back level) and applied the brakes full on.

I came to rest not 4 inches from a tree.

It happens! Glad to hear you're not hurt. Gravel can be tricky, and I know I've done some stupid stuff like that while driving on it. It sounds to me like the real mistake was too little gas coming out of the turn (where the oversteer continued despite countersteer adjustments). My guess is some power while maintaining your countersteer angle would've pulled the nose back on course. Or maybe it would've made things worse. :/

Also, glad to hear the Volvo lived. They're pretty **** tough, so I wouldn't have been surprised if it was drivable after hitting the tree. But, for it to be completely unscathed - especially the alignment - is pretty impressive. No shame in a wipe out; lesser drivers would've wrapped it around a tree.

Posted by Lord of Spam

everything is solved with more gas amirite :*

Posted by mis0

In the words of the great Jeremy Clarkson, "POWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER""

;)

Posted by Linko_16

Hit the nitro!

Go off the ramp!

Bonus points!

POWAH BOOOOOST!

Posted by Ant

do backflips while going off ramps on your super motorcycle.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Ant: do backflips while going off vamps on your super motorcycle.

fix'd

anyone remember the stunt mode of rush 2049? best ****ing game mode ever.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Flatout 2's driver bowling was the best stunt mode ever. Burnout Paradise has some pretty sweet stunt runs, too.

Posted by Lord of Spam

you know what was cool about mine?

it was real

Posted by mis0

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: anyone remember the stunt mode of rush 2049? best ****ing game mode ever.

Haha yeah I used to have that game back in the day.

Quoted post: Flatout 2's driver bowling was the best stunt mode ever.

You obviously never played a Rush game. And for that I take pity on you.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I didn't. :(

Pity.

If you have your 64 still try and score a copy of 2049. Still one of the most fun racing games I've ever played, and the stunt mode really is the greatest designed.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Downloading the ROM right now.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Pity.

If you have your 64 still try and score a copy of 2049. Still one of the most fun racing games I've ever played, and the stunt mode really is the greatest designed.

*gran turismo

yeah, that's something a faggot like you would say.

Posted by Lord of Spam

i like real drivan, so it serves to reason that i would like a vidya game that lets me do some realisitc drivan in machines i could never afford:cry:

Posted by mis0

I've pretty much grown out of fake drivans, but if I still had a 64, I'd still have Rush 2049. I've loved that game.

Can't wait until Gran Turismo 5. The interior detail on the F430 is so beautiful, and the drivan experience is going to be richer because of it. Might pick up a Logitech G25 steering wheel w/ the gated shifter and clutch pedal to increase the nerdiness of the whole thing.

ultra realistic games make me lol

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

whyyyyyyyy

If I want a realistic drivan experience, I'll take my car outside. I play crazy stupid driving like Burnout because it lets me do stuff that's impossible.

Posted by Lord of Spam

When you buy me the castrol team supra and get it a stage three turbo cranking out 700hp, I'll go do it irl.

until then, you can cram your "lol realism"

Posted by Slade

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: ultra realistic games make me lol

vr training is nothing to lol about

Also, matt miller's story reminds me of this time I was cruisin thru da forest when I realized I just barely made it out of a slide in time to not go plunging off this huge cliff. in my pick-up with absolutely no traction in the rear.

Quoted post: vr training is nothing to lol about

idk, I don't play games to have a realistic experience, even if I can't achieve said realism irl.

plus, sims in general are booooooring.

Posted by Lord of Spam

see, i enjoy real drivan. so anything that lets me get as close to real top end drivan as possibleis fun to me.

I enjoy driving, I just don't enjoy cars. Nor am I a faggot like you.

Posted by Lord of Spam

You may enjoy roadtrips, but you dont truely know the meaning of drivan.

so sad:(

cars are ****ing stupid. they're a tool and nothing more.

Posted by The Judge

Finally a statement about cars I agree with.

Posted by Shade

wrong. if cars were like tools, then everybody would buy the most efficient one. and not the piece of **** that runs out of power in a 5 seconds.

lol hummers

Posted by Slade

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: idk, I don't play games to have a realistic experience, even if I can't achieve said realism irl.

plus, sims in general are booooooring.

no, I mean vr won't be funny when it's trained thousands of killers of the genome soldier persuasion

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: cars are ****ing stupid. they're a tool and nothing more.

cars are not the real source of the enjoyment. Its more about the adrenaline rush that you get when driving fast (got the volvo up to 110mpg, btw. was silky smooth and felt like it could easily keep gaining speed). Not only that, but at events like autocross, you basically get the real life version of a video game, trying your hardest to beat the times of yourself and others around a track.

its like vidya games, but with better graphics. oh, yeah, and the risk of death.

Posted by The Judge

The makers of the smash hit "Outside" bring you IRL!

-Incredible A.I.!
-Real-Time PVP!
-An expansive world to explore with rich history!
-Over 9,000 character archetypes!
-No monthly fee!

Quoted post: wrong. if cars were like tools, then everybody would buy the most efficient one. and not the piece of **** that runs out of power in a 5 seconds.

because everyone buys top of the line tools, right?

didn't read los' post because it's probably about how cars are ****ing badass.

Posted by Lord of Spam

cars arent inherently badass

drivan is

cars are required for drivan

ergo i liek cars

Posted by Slade

Quoted post: wrong. if cars were like tools, then everybody would buy the most efficient one. and not the piece of **** that runs out of power in a 5 seconds.

status symbols are tools, too, in a way.

but yeah, if I had the dough, I can see myself investing in a high-performance vehicle. but I'd never really get into the KAR KULTUR.

I've heard that a large part of the reason cars are less popular on the east coast is because the public transportation system is far superior to the west coast, where almost everyone's drivan. 'cept for those hipster biker kids. **** them

Posted by Shade

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: because everyone buys top of the line tools, right?

except top of line usually costs more, and worse tools cost less, while the piece of **** car that isn't efficient costs more monies than the better one. another reason why cars are not tools.

you can't win, i am infallible.

Posted by Lord of Spam

so far i have lived in florida, south carolina, and georgia. public transportation does not exist in these states.

that being said, up north its true yeah. but <3 the south.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I enjoy driving, I just don't enjoy cars. Nor am I a faggot like you.

You may not be a faggot like him, but you are a faggot.

Quoted post: except top of line usually costs more, and worse tools cost less, while the piece of **** car that isn't efficient costs more monies than the better one. another reason why cars are not tools.

That's really bad logic. Seriously. Tool:

any instrument of manual operation.
anything used as a means of accomplishing a task or purpose
to drive or ride in a vehicle

a car is a tool

Posted by Ant

NO MAN! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO IS A TOOL.

Posted by The Judge

And with that, philosophy dies.

Posted by Ant

It's funny cause it's true o_o

Posted by Lord of Spam

mom post is mooooooooooooom

Posted by Ant

your mom is false, faggot

Posted by Slade

wow. it must be fate.

just now, as I edited a post SOMEWHERE IN THIS BLOG NOT NECESSARILY IN THIS THREAD MIND YOU, instead of "Save" it said "Vote Now."