Who has the Worst Final Smash?

Posted by Screenname

My vote goes to DK...terrible :(

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

DK, though Lucario's is pretty ****ing useless and Peach's has helped my friends more than it's helped me every time I used her. So far I'm liking Zelda/Shiek's and Luigi's. The former being just an easy one to pull off the latter is awesome AND deadly.

Posted by Iris

I'm enjoying Peach's specials, actually. The hip bomb has so much range now and seems a little faster, and Toad works pretty decent, even if it is multi-hit now.

Link's specials don't seem to stellar. At least DK's up B can be used for getting huge damage on big characters.

Posted by S

I think they're talking Final Smash?

Posted by Iris

WELL THOSE AREN'T SPECIALS! >:O

Peach's FS does kind suck. The sleep time is far too low to eat all the peaches. At least it always does a set damage.
Mario's FS is pretty easy to dodge.
DK's is good for dealing damage, especially at low %s, but sucks pretty hard at killing.
Lucario's is an easy dodge, at least if you have a long distance recovery or one that makes you dissapear.
MetaKnight's isn't as easy to dodge as I thought, but the knockback is a bit pathetic.
Ike and Marth both have decent ones, but suck unless they're comboed into.
Giga Bowser is pretty great.
All of the Landmasters are pretty effective, actually.
Zelda/Sheik's isn't that hard to land and kills pretty well, except when it hits multiple targets.
Pikachu's blows if you can't control it right. You can do fair damage with it, but it takes some skill if you want it to do decent knockback.

Kirby's is kind of awful. The knockback is a bit lame, and it's easily dodged if you can get out of range.

Posted by Zelda_Guy

I really like Sonics final smash!

Posted by S

I personally love Ike's FS. Don't need to combo into it if you do it right. I just miss because lag doesn't let me turn around in time so I do it the wrong way. :/

Posted by Malevolence

Quoting Iris:
All of the Landmasters are pretty effective, actually.

You got that right.

Basically if you kill someone with it, their is no way for them to live after resurrecting. I'm probably going to see if it's possible to avoid, and if it is possible to do so and make it impossible for them to avoid.

Quoted post: Pikachu's blows if you can't control it right. You can do fair damage with it, but it takes some skill if you want it to do decent knockback.

Ugh, totally forgot about this one. Just terrible. I honestly don't see why it doesn't control like Sonic or Diddy, because those you can actually land hits with.

Quoted post: I'm probably going to see if it's possible to avoid,

You can sit near the back of the landmaster and avoid mostly everything but a barrelroll. In that case just jump. Not that hard to avoid actually.

Posted by Ant

Yeah, Donkey Kong's and Pikachu's are probably the worst.

Posted by Malevolence

[quote]
You can sit near the back of the landmaster and avoid mostly everything but a barrelroll. In that case just jump. Not that hard to avoid actually.
I meant when the player flies down from the platform, that is it possible to avoid being killed against if the person behind the LM is quick enough to fly straight up asap. I did it to Iris quite a few times.

Posted by Iris

Zelda's too slow to run off the platform in time. :(

Posted by Malevolence

Quoting Iris: Zelda's too slow to run off the platform in time. :(

Oh yeah, for some reason I didn't factor in SPEED. *Bonks head*

Posted by Screenname

ROBs isn't that good either

DeeDees is only good on a flat level

Quoted post: ROBs isn't that good either

Yeah it is. It's a ***** to get back on the stage, racks up a ton of damage and does a critical hit every now and again that's great at ko-ing. Mainly it's just great for guarding the edge.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Jigglypuffs, unless I'm missing something, it... I don't know what it does :(

and man is it easy to dodge pits angels

Posted by Iris

I think Jiggly's just makes an unpassable barricade, so outside of edgeguarding it blows.

Posted by Ant

if you touch her you bounce extremely far. I love it though :(

Posted by Arcadios

IDK has the worst...Jesus it sucks.

DK's is actually really solid now that I've done it perfectly (had to do it in training though, can't always do it for whatever reason.) Takes up the whole stages, does really great damage... you just need to hit the beat perfectly or you gotta start all over again. Pretty lame. Oh, and DK sucks, so that doesn't help.

Also, yoshi's is a lot worse than I was expecting. Crazy easy to dodge.

Posted by ghenning3657

pit's special is pretty bad,it only very effective if you grab the other person and hold them

Posted by maian

idk, I've been able to do pretty good with Pit's each time.

And, I've also been able to own with Pikachu's too. =| I'd say PK Starstorm is a pretty bad one, but if you do get hit by a comet, you seem to get thrust into the others pretty quickly. As for Jigglypuff's, I'm pretty sure the idea is to push people off of the stage. It's actually worked pretty dang well every time I've used it, unless it's on a big stage. Most of the time, it KOs them.

My least favorite is Peach's. :cookie:

Quoted post: I'd say PK Starstorm is a pretty bad one, but if you do get hit by a comet, you seem to get thrust into the others pretty quickly.

Lucas' is good, Ness'... not so much.

Posted by Iris

I don't know, I thought the fanned out ones would be harder to dodge since they're at an angle.

Posted by Ant

Quoting maian: idk, I've been able to do pretty good with Pit's each time.

And, I've also been able to own with Pikachu's too. =| I'd say PK Starstorm is a pretty bad one, but if you do get hit by a comet, you seem to get thrust into the others pretty quickly. As for Jigglypuff's, I'm pretty sure the idea is to push people off of the stage. It's actually worked pretty dang well every time I've used it, unless it's on a big stage. Most of the time, it KOs them.

My least favorite is Peach's. :cookie:

Peach's is fukken awesome. And if you're next to them when you do it does 40% damage. And you can regain a bunch of health at the same time. I like it quite a bit :) Then again, there's some peach bias on my part.

Posted by Iris

Pit's is fairly easy to dodge just by turning in the air.

Also, Peach's may be able to do decent damage, but it's not only avoidable but deals no knockback, which leaves your pathetic weak ugly Peach to do it instead, which she can't!

Posted by Red

game & watch's.

Posted by Iris

...Game and Watch's is pretty all right on not-huge maps.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Iris: Pit's is fairly easy to dodge just by turning in the air.

Also, Peach's may be able to do decent damage, but it's not only avoidable but deals no knockback, which leaves your pathetic weak ugly Peach to do it instead, which she can't!

But it can also make people who are over the ledge fall to their death. It just takes good timing and placement. Unlike your pathetic weak ugly Zelda who just goes "DUR I'MA GONNA SHOOTS MAI ARROW NOW!!!" which is even easier to avoid.

Posted by Iris

It doesn't work on people in the air. That would be effective, totally unlike that mushroom slut.

Posted by David M. Awesome

Landmasters are great. I've had a lot of luck with the PK Starstorms against Linko, they fall directly on his head every single time. I've also done well with Lucario's, I can generally get at least one KO off of it every time. I dig Meta Knight's and Ike's, as well, when I can get them to work. Meta Knight's I just use against some one who already has a high percentage since it's hard to get KOs with Meta Knight anyway. Meanwhile, Ike will kill you with his basic combo.

Posted by maian

I'll take your word for Peach's being decent, then. I've only used it/seen it in action a few times.

Posted by The R.S.

I don't like Peach's, but holy crap is Jigglypuff's really sucky. I mean, it is useful for pushing foes offstage, but it... is not epic. ;_;

Posted by Ant

wtf are you talking about? It's probably the most epic FS in the game. JIGLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Quoted post: game & watch's.

Nah. Does decent damage and really hard to get back on the stage after you've been knocked off by it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

No mention of MetaKnight's? *******, you really have to work hard for it to do damage. THAT ISN'T HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO WORK.

And Zero Suit Samus. LOL A MINOR EXPLOSION AND NOW I HAVE TO PLAY AS SAMUS FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Posted by The R.S.

Quoting Ant: wtf are you talking about? It's probably the most epic FS in the game. JIGLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

omg ur wite

plz no push meh off & in2 teh pit o death plz ;_;

...still sucks horribly. And Zero Suit Samus does suck as well, I will admit. And what's with the cheap Fox, Falco, and Wolf having the same FS? I mean, outside the multiplayer on Starfox Assult was Wolf ever in a freakin' Landmaster?! CHEAP!

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

who the **** cares, he needed a landmaster to finish the happy trio

plus, he WAS the incoming enemy in the rear, that wolf

Posted by maian

...So, there's absolutely NO way to upload pause shots taking? We took the absolute best picture imagineable of Wolf buttraping Toon Link. :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Uhhh... Use a capture card? Not to sound like an xbotfag, but Brawl with Halo-levels of online content sharing would have been siiiiick.

Not xbotfag **** there. It's simply how online should work these days. You should be able to link your account to the Dojo and upload photos, stages and replays to that site. But luckily capture cards aren't too expensive.

And yeah, Zamus' is actually the worst. I forgot she even had one, since whenever I play with her I turn of smash balls or just ignore it. Hate Samus in this game so much.

Posted by The R.S.

Or you can try out your local RadioShack and try to find an accessory for your computer that will let you hook up your game systems right to you computer.

I'd post a screenshot of something I did now, but I guess I haven't earned that right yet. >_>

Anyway, these things don't come cheap, but I did find mine for a bargain of about $60 bucks. Normally, these things cost around $100. But my ***, they are so awesome to the techno geek such as myself.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=The R.S.;828927]Or you can try out your local RadioShack and try to find an accessory for your computer that will let you hook up your game systems right to you computer.Like I said. A capture card.

you can get ****ty capture cards for, like, 40 bucks. The quality won't be top tier, but you're going to post it on youtube anyways so who cares.

Posted by The R.S.

Must be stupid because I'm not sure what I have. I know I can hook up TV and game systems through it, but I dunno. I just love it.

Posted by S

I actually like Zamus' Final Smash. I usually get 2-3 people caught in it at a time.

Quoted post: I actually like Zamus' Final Smash. I usually get 2-3 people caught in it at a time.

Does **** damage because you can DI out of it, it's hard to hit in the first place AND turns you into Samus. ie one of the worst characters in brawl. Forget it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

What's the deal with Samus's missiles now? They used to be good for keeping people away, but now you might as well fire uncharged shots. Only improvement is her screw attack. So many hits.

Everything with her seems to be nerfed. Completely useless. And I was honestly hoping they'd change fair and up a, as both have been completely useless in every game, in my opinion.

Posted by Screenname

you can hit up down up to get back in her suit

yeah, but it's ****ing ridiculous to do, way too unreliable and impossible to pull off when you have some faggot trying to beat you up.

Posted by Iris

I'd definitely say Samus's fair and usmash are improved. It's just that she kills about as well as Zero Suit and can't combo worth ****. Shame too, I liked toying with her.

improved, maybe. But I wanted completely new moves, because I prefer something that hits, you know? Both do barely any knockback and not even that great damage if I recall.

Posted by S

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Everything with her seems to be nerfed. Completely useless. And I was honestly hoping they'd change fair and up a, as both have been completely useless in every game, in my opinion.

Uh, what? In Melee, Samus' Up+A is probably the most awesome move in all of Melee. It was so utterly broken if you knew how to use it. Could barely, if ever, get back on the map if Samus was camping the side and you couldn't go over her head.

Posted by Iris

I think Vamp meant the up smash, which makes the fireballs.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Her Up+A has no launching power at all. And now that Brawl has stages like Shadow Moses, you need a move that can hit people up into the air. She's not Pichu-levels of terrible or anything, but maaaaaan. I lose so many KOs to other people while playing as her because I have no way to launch them into combos.

Posted by Screenname

just always play stock like me

What difference would that make? You still need to kill your opponent, and Samus sucks for that.

Posted by Screenname

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: What difference would that make? You still need to kill your opponent, and Samus sucks for that.

unless its 1 on 1 let someone else do it. I don't play with samus to much but doesn't her shoulder block send people flying?

Nothing she does sends people flying.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Exactly. I got Judge's Lucario up to 200%, used a few smashes, and he still managed to recover pretty easy. ****ing stupid robot

even her final smash kinda sucks if you ask me. Looks huge, but doesn't seem all that great.

Posted by junior senior

I don't really like Peach's, but Kirby's is adorable

Posted by Alastor

Quoting maian: ...So, there's absolutely NO way to upload pause shots taking? We took the absolute best picture imagineable of Wolf buttraping Toon Link. :(

Uh, [url=http://rapidshare.com/files/95587164/bin2jpg.zip.html]bin2jpg[/url]. :cookie:

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

In all of my deepest truthfullness, DK's and Peach's FS are the worst out of all of them...

First, i would like to begin with DK's retarded FS. Sure, at least it actually does any damage (unlike Peach's) but it is really easy to dodge and, if any damage, it does very little. I mean it would make sense if the FS didn't knock the opponents back and would keep wracking up damage to them, but no. It just deals only a little bit and knocks the opponents back instantly.

Next, Peach's FS. I would like to be Peach for a moment. "Ahh, aren't my enemies who are beating me to a bloody pulp so lovely. They are my bestest friends. Hey I got a great idea! I will put them to sleep and bring out all this food and put it right next to them, and while i'm doing that, I just might as well dance around and wait till they are about to wake up so I can't have any of the food myself! I bet they would love that!" Come on, seriously, they should at least limit this food to only peach or peach's teammates.

Now I understand that there are some other pretty crappy FS's (*cough* Lucario *cough*) but I believe they aren't as bad as DK's and Peach's.

Posted by Ant

With Peach's you are at least guaranteed to hit at least once. Lucario's is completely avoidable.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

A lot of people forget that the sleep effect last for a pretty long time. Run around eating peaches, then do a fully charged smash on someone. It's a pretty good move.

Posted by ccrocker58

Quoting The X: A lot of people forget that the sleep effect last for a pretty long time. Run around eating peaches, then do a fully charged smash on someone. It's a pretty good move.

I'll second that, the sleep lasts at least long enough to pull off one nearly full charged smash and one fully charged. Still, you gotta hope at least someone has high enough % to ko them.

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

Quoting Ant: With Peach's you are at least guaranteed to hit at least once. Lucario's is completely avoidable.

maybe you do get to hit once, but it is really innaffective if they don't have high enough damage percentage and I understand that Lucario's FS is easily avoidable and does not a lot of damage, but it isn't as avoidable as DK's FS, and at least it doesn't knock your opponents back on the first crappy hit and keeps them there wracking up damage.

Posted by David M. Awesome

I don't know why everyone keeps saying that Lucario's final smash is so easily avoidable, I always get one to two kills with it every time I use it. >:C

Posted by S

Lucario's is just a move that needs to land on the first hit. After that, you've pretty much lost it unless they make a mistake. Peach's is a 100% hit if you use it in the right place, A-typically, is all. I personally prefer Lucario's, but I've never one to be a defensive type player

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

[quote=David M. Awesome;833436]I don't know why everyone keeps saying that Lucario's final smash is so easily avoidable, I always get one to two kills with it every time I use it. >:C

I think at 40 - 50 % you're in the clear if you at least hit someone, I know I haven't had problems killing with it. Is anyone like, directing it before he does it :mad:

Posted by Iris

Peach's isn't that bad. The damage is solid and the sleep time can be pretty huge. It's a lifesaver in a lot of situations (especially all-star mode).

DK's is only bad if you can't match the beat. If you can, the damage is huge if they get caught in it and a kill is pretty likely. It's less effective on big stages, but the area of effect is pretty amazing with perfect rhythm.

Lucario's is bad if you're at a low % and like Ant said, it's entirely avoidable.

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

Quoting Iris: Peach's isn't that bad. The damage is solid and the sleep time can be pretty huge. It's a lifesaver in a lot of situations (especially all-star mode).

DK's is only bad if you can't match the beat. If you can, the damage is huge if they get caught in it and a kill is pretty likely. It's less effective on big stages, but the area of effect is pretty amazing with perfect rhythm.

Lucario's is bad if you're at a low % and like Ant said, it's entirely avoidable.

Peach: I can understand where it might be usable against certain leveled CPUs, but in actual matches against pros at recovering from falling asleep, i will still say that it isn't very useful as other FS's

DK: ok, you got me there because I don't regularly use DK and I only played with his FS once so I didn't understand that you had to get perfect rhythm so yeah.

Lucario: I still don't see how Lucario's FS is completely avoidable. I mean maybe if you are playing on a multi-platform level, but on levels like Final Destination, Pictochat, Warioware, or Bridge of Eldin it isn't that avoidable. It's also useful for Team matches.

Posted by Ant

pretty much every character with correctly timed jumps and an up b can avoid lucario's. maybe everyone except gannondorf.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I'M JOGGING I'M JOGGING I'M JO- OH *** AUWHUHUAHUHUHAUUHAHGHGHGH