Brawl Unlockables

Posted by Alastor

[url=http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various35_list.html]Secret Element List[/url]

All that typing for nothing... SAKURAAAAAI!

Posted by protomanEXE

I wish there were an easier way to unlock sonic :(

Posted by Iris

Wow, how much of it have you unlocked, Dan?

Posted by Alastor

...Not cool, Iris. Not cool.

Posted by Arcadios

Got everyone except Jiggly and Wolf.
I'm not too preoccupied on getting them though.

Posted by Synth2012

I completed classic mode with Link... and no toon Link. :(

Posted by Alastor

Ant was having trouble getting Toon Link, too. And Jigglypuff. Wonder if they changed the conditions or something.

Posted by S

I'm only missing Toon Link and Jigglypuff.

Posted by Arcadios

First time I went through with Link I got Ganondorf...second time was Toon Link but both of em were on hard setting.

Posted by Iris

Missing Toon Link, Sonic, ROB, Jigglypuff, and Wolf.

Posted by maian

Wai, you got Toon Link through classic mode? I've tried several times. I'm convinced it's myth. >_> There's got to be more to it if that's true.

Posted by Arcadios

All I need now is Wolf.
And half way done with the event matches on hard.
Just need to unlock the other half. ;>_>

Posted by Malevolence

Getting Toon Link in classic is true. I did it on default settings and I had to fight him at the end. Unfortunately, I lost because Link is such a ****ty character, and slower compared to TL.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Just need Toon and Wolf. Though I wouldn't be surprised if the Toon thing is untrue. Wouldn't be the first thing I saw wrong (like how to select Zamus)

Posted by Ant

yeah, after beating it with link on intense mode(after doing it on very easy, normal, and hard) I still have not received toon link. and how do you unlock events after 20?

Oh yeah, I don't have Jiggly either. **** didn't work for me. And I've beat it with half the roster.

Posted by Malevolence

Strange, I lost to Toon link the first 2 times I beat Classic mode (Normal, 3 stock, dark suit). I won on the third try because Toon link didn't get some insane items like the last 2.

After playing him for a couple of minutes... Jesus christ he's good. Wow. I can't understand why they made Link so much crap and Toon Link a possible ***.

Guess being a hero of time only has little benefits.

oh yeah, pretty sure you have to beat SSE first, THEN do classic mode. Try that.

Posted by Ant

Oh, well I haven't finished that yet.

**** me and my nice nature of only playing it when judge is over.

Posted by Iris

Still no Wolf, Sonic, Toon Link, or Jigglypuff. I've done classic mode a good few times now too with Link. No Toon Link or Jiggly yet. :mad:

Posted by Zelda_Guy

I have everything (all stages all characters I have been playing non stop!) I did it through special mode and I put it on stamina and set mine to 150 and set the computer character to 1 so its 1 hit ko! Then I just played 450 matches!

Posted by Iris

I want the CDs before anything. I'm missing lots. :(

Posted by maian

Gawd, how the crap is TL unlocked through classic, then? There must be some weird condition to it, because I tried again today, and still no bananas. Blah, any strategy guides out?

Posted by Alastor

They were selling a big stack at the launch I went to, but I was about 10bux short, so I didn't get one. I never use guides anyways, but I was going to get it for some reading material. ;o

Posted by Iris

I saw strategy guides at Gamestop, but figured I didn't need a guide to BRAWL.

Posted by Alastor

Just beat SSE first. That seems to work.

Posted by maian

I wouldn't actually buy a guide, I was just wondering how to get TL. >_>

Anyway, just figured it out.

Apparently, Toon Link will appear on classic after beting SSE, and he's been reported to pop up with various other characters as well on classic. It looks like the objective is simply beat SSE, then beat classic mode. I guess it'd be safer to use Link.

Posted by Zelda_Guy

I just played lots and lots of VS games because I got stuck on SSE at 75%

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

I just played a jizzload of matches to unlock everyone :(

And I didn't get toon link that way, played on every setting and nothing. I think more events open as you get more characters and stages? Same thing as jiggly puff, I went through event 20 in every difficulty and nothing, and beat the classic mode a couple of times and nothing, just played matches to get her.

Posted by Synth2012

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: oh yeah, pretty sure you have to beat SSE first, THEN do classic mode. Try that.

Yeah, I didn't beat SSE yet. That must be it. I really, really want to try toon link out.

Posted by Arcadios

You can unlock almost every character through SSE.
Only one left out of it is Jiggly...I think.

Whoever was all "OH JEEZ HOW DOES I UNLOCK TOON LINK" or "OH HEY YOU CAN ONLY UNLOCK HIM AFTER SSE" really ****ing sucks at reading. Good lord.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Whoever was all "OH JEEZ HOW DOES I UNLOCK TOON LINK" or "OH HEY YOU CAN ONLY UNLOCK HIM AFTER SSE" really ****ing sucks at reading. Good lord.

i.e. practically everyone. :cookie:

Posted by Absolute

So everyone has seemed to establish that you unlock Toon Link after completing SSE, but my question is do you have to do the same to unlock Wolf? I'm about 85% of the way through and I've searched the "Path to the Ruins" level three times now with no result. I probably sound pretty ****ing stupid right now (I don't feel like checking GameFAQs or SmashBoards), but maybe there's some sort of path that I'm blind to or maybe I'm looking in the wrong level or something. I have no idea and I figured someone here could give me a good answer.

By the way, this is Corrupt. Apparently I've been locked out of my account (again!), so I'll just be using this one for now![spoiler]editedit[/spoiler]

Edit: Ha, never mind, I just now saw the actual "Ruins" level after beating SSE. I guess I had assumed that when people referred to "the ruins level," they meant that "Path to the Ruins" level. Should be good now. :cool:

Posted by Ant

You could have also just beat the Boss Rush Mode with Fox after you beat SSE.

[quote=vamp]Whoever was all "OH JEEZ HOW DOES I UNLOCK TOON LINK" or "OH HEY YOU CAN ONLY UNLOCK HIM AFTER SSE" really ****ing sucks at reading. Good lord.

yeah, **** you too

Posted by Corrupt

Yeah, though I knew about the boss rush option, I was really set on getting him by exploring the levels. And I have him now, and he's ****ing awesome. Think I might have to make him one of my mains alongside Dedede and a few others that are yet to be determined!

oh yeah, and i have my account back now yay

Posted by maian

Yeah, I noticed the Wolf door appears after SSE is finished, just like the TL door.

And gawd...Toon Link is the sex. He is SO awesome.

But I must admit THE GREAT MAZE reaaally prevents me from wanting to play SSE again anytime soon. >_>

Posted by Iris

Great Maze blew ***. It was fun the first 20 minutes.

Posted by maian

I didn't think it was, because I didn't even get the point of it for at least the first ten minutes. >_> Took me forever to realize it actually had a map and that I was supposed to access EVERY dark door. I'm just glad it wasn't a warp maze like I thought it was going to be. >_>

I got it right off the bat (thanks metroidvania!) but my ***. Twenty minutes in I was like "MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP." Not that it was hard or anything (sheik and diddy are all I needed) but dear lord. What a ****ing grind.

Also, I got a question. When tabuu did that wing attack how the **** do you avoid that ****? like, five times in a row he was down to a sliver of health and suddenly I get insta-ko'd and have to restart. Total bull****.

also, jigglypuff was a ***** to defeat for some reason. She got all three dragoon parts three times in a row on me. wtf?

Posted by Iris

Yeah, the maze wasn't hard since you could refill HP and stocks every time you went in one of those rooms, but it was a pain traveling all over the place.

I think I managed to airdodge one of the wing attacks. The little red pulses are the part that does knockback, I think.

Quoted post: Yeah, the maze wasn't hard since you could refill HP and stocks every time you went in one of those rooms, but it was a pain traveling all over the place.

eh, you could teleport basically everywhere, so that wasn't a big deal. I just didn't want to spend two hours going through that thing.

And I don't know about that dodging thing. I tried everything, and always got killed on the first pulse. It was pretty annoying.

Posted by maian

Well, I know you can avoid a few pulses by jumping up right to the middle, but recovering will send you too high into a pulse, and not doing so would make you drop into one. >_>

Yeah, for some reason, Toon Link, Wolf, and Jiggly all gave me three tries. They put up a pretty good fight. Of course, a few of those were also due to Dragoon flukes and Final Smashes. =|

I've been KOed by so many final smashes where I destroy 90% of the Smash ball, and then my opponent taps it and gets the smash. :(

I just let the computer or my friends bust it up a couple times and then I jump in and get the last hit. Too annoying to work on it and have someone steal it, so I don't even bother.

Also, Toon Link sucks. I don't like him at all, honestly. Wolf, on the other hand, is completely badass. Same with Sonic.

Posted by Ant

I prefer Toon Link A LOT more than I do normal Link. Which is weird since in Melee I prefered it the other way around. Though they really nixed Link around this time. Way too slow for his power.

As for the Tabuu wing attack. It comes in waves and they're pretty easy to just roll through if you time it out correctly. I guess it's confusing cause it's one of those 3D like attacks. At first I figured it was an instant kill move ala SF3 and Gill.

And the great maze didn't bother me whatsoever. Though that's probably cause I went co-op the entire way through, and was always switching out for different characters just for ****'s sake.

yeah, coop would've really helped. No one I know wanted to play it though. They thought the whole SSE thing looks super gay or something... so it was a grind for me.

But yeah, Link is garbage in this game. He was in Melee too in my opinion, but he's practically unplayable in Brawl. Same with Samus. Why they nerfed her missiles, I'll never know.

Posted by Malevolence

I think Toon Link is a pretty **** powerful character, and I actually like him quite a bit. I've also taken a liking to G&Y, and I've really liked Wolf so far. Wolf's Fair aerial has far too much lag after landing in my opinion, though.

Yeah, Toon Link does have a bunch of power for how small he is, I'll give him that. But idk, not a fun character to use in my opinion. Unlike ZSS who is awesome. Though, I just wish you could cancel a final smash. I either have to defend the smash ball, take it and hope it doesn't get knocked out of my before I die, or *** forbid use it and transform back into Samus.

Posted by Ant

Yeaaaaah. I haven't used her much yet, but I plan to in the near future.

Posted by Iris

Yeah, so much for taunt transforming. Haven't gotten it to work once.

Zelda's a beast at stealing smash balls. 2 Din's fires and it's broken, so it's a synch to take it away from a distance.

Posted by maian

I don't know, I'm just liking Toon Link more and more and more as I play him. He's phenomenal. His second Smash deals incredible knockback at 0 damage (At least, for 0 damage knockback), and kills pretty dang easily at times when damage is only around 40. His Dair is an amazing spiker, and incredible good at preventing people from getting back to the platform because you can get above them, aim, and you rocket down. Not too mention he's way more floaty than a lot of characters, so doesn't die 80% of the time he's knocked off, and he's super fast. AND MOOOOOAR

I should really play some of you online soon. =/

Posted by protomanEXE

man i only need 50 more matches till i got wolf :D im stoked

Posted by Malevolence

Quoting maian: I don't know, I'm just liking Toon Link more and more and more as I play him. He's phenomenal. His second Smash deals incredible knockback at 0 damage (At least, for 0 damage knockback), and kills pretty dang easily at times when damage is only around 40. His Dair is an amazing spiker, and incredible good at preventing people from getting back to the platform because you can get above them, aim, and you rocket down. Not too mention he's way more floaty than a lot of characters, so doesn't die 80% of the time he's knocked off, and he's super fast. AND MOOOOOAR

I should really play some of you online soon. =/

Yep, EXCEPT IF THEY HAPPEN TO AIRDODGE THE SPIKE YOU CAN KISS YOUR *** GOODBYE.

Quoted post: Yeah, so much for taunt transforming. Haven't gotten it to work once.

Yeah, not sure what they were thinking. I can understand making it semi-difficult but it's literally impossible to do in the middle of a battle, and even on your own it's still ****ing hard as hell to do. I think if you pick ZSS you should always spawn as her, not as Samus.

But whatever, I love her aerial attacks and she reminds me of Melee Sheik.

Posted by Alastor

Overhauled the Characters list. Shouldn't be nearly as confusing to read now. I realize now that bullet points are my friends.

Anyway, let me know if I have any of the information wrong. I'm just kinda going by what you guys are telling me. Namely about the stuff you have to do after beating SSE.

Posted by maian

I don't know if you've done this yet, but if you haven't, make sure that for Toon Link and Jiggly, requirements only work [I]AFTER beating SSE. I had beaten Event 20 before, and after SSE was finished, doing it again gave me Jiggly, first try.

Posted by Alastor

Yeah, I made sure to throw in (After completing SSE) for Toon Link, Jigglypuff and Wolf. Don't think it applied to anyone else.

It doesn't.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Iris;827341]Yeah, so much for taunt transforming. Haven't gotten it to work once.

Zelda's a beast at stealing smash balls. 2 Din's fires and it's broken, so it's a synch to take it away from a distance.

i am firm believer in the bowser's up B for the smash ball

works almost everytime

Too bad bowser sucks and zelda is actually good

Posted by S

His new forward B move is awesome for suicide kills.

Posted by Corrupt

Yeah, I must say that pulling off the "Bowsercide" technique against an unsuspecting friend is quite satisfying! I also need to try out the "Suicidedede" move, which is pretty much just the same thing that Kirby was always able to do in Melee and Smash 64.

Posted by Ant

I love chain-grabbing with Dedede. So cheap and annoying. I'm such a bastard :(

I think I just suck with ddd. My friend is awesome with him but whenever I use him it's just painful to watch.

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting Ant: I love chain-grabbing with Dedede. So cheap and annoying. I'm such a bastard :(

Oh man, me too. (like that should come as any surprise) Tell you what, we need to have a Dedede vs. Dedede match soon, and then have both of our triple Ds on a team facing off against two other people.

And yeah, out of all the friends I've played the game with thus far, only Chris and I are worth a damn with Dedede. Then again, I told myself that I'd get good with him no matter what, and that certainly seems to be working. It's something that I like to call Dededication!

Posted by Alastor

All of these Ds are just making me think of boobs. Thanks, Ruptie.

Quoted post: Tell you what, we need to have a Dedede vs. Dedede match soon, and then have both of our triple Ds on a team facing off against two other people.

three way ddd match with me. I'm guaranteed to lose, but should be fun!

Posted by Corrupt

Yeah, let's set that shit up, maybe even later tonight once I can configure my connection and get my codes going and whatnot. We're all night owls, so it shouldn't be too difficult.

don't have my adapter yet. probably next week

Posted by Stalolin

dedede match? **** son, i want to be counted in too

not like I go to bed anyways

And my Wii will have internet connnection in a day or two

Posted by Arcadios

****ing shotty first match with lolin

Posted by Stalolin

OH I SEE HOW IT IS

EAGER TO GET YOUR *** HANDED TO YOU

actually you beat bulb he's like the resident expert DUNNO IF I'M GONNA WIN

but heck yes

wait we'll be getting a lot of lag because it's idaho to new york, right?

Posted by Arcadios

idk, it seems the lag has been low as of late compared to sunday/monday.

Maybe it's improving? ;_;

Posted by Alastor

Added a few things including Events, Stickers, Assist Trophies, Additional Rules and Random Stage Toggle.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I think Sonic has an additional criterion to unlock him, as we unlocked him at work the other day after only 75 or so multi-Brawls and no single-player play. I suspect it's 'kill someone when they are powered for a Final Smash', but I'm not sure.

Posted by Ant

hmm, I remember I got him reaaaaaaaly early on. Only took like, 30 matches. :$

Posted by Alastor

Only other criteria I found was "Beat Classic Mode with 10 characters", which I edited in. If anyone finds out what it is, if there is another criteria, let me know.

Posted by junior senior

i have over 200 vs. matches, and i still don't have ganondorf :3

Posted by Alastor

Offline VS matches?

Posted by junior senior

i thought it needed to be combined? ill check! ;)

Posted by junior senior

i need 51 more. :(

Posted by WillisGreeny

I can't seem to win in spectator mode... MAYBE I'M NOT REALLY IRISH!!!
*dies*

Posted by Corrupt

Meanwhile, on the other hand, I seem to have incredible luck in spectator mode. Out of the fifteen or so matches I've bet on, I don't think I've lost a single one. Time to go break my streak!

Posted by WillisGreeny

Bet 100 coins seems to do the trick for me. Sure, I win when I bet 20 coins, then I bet 100 and lose my soul!

Posted by S

Quoting WillisGreeny: I can't seem to win in spectator mode... MAYBE I'M NOT REALLY IRISH!!!
*dies*

Luck of the Irish is an ironic term. The Irish have been ****ed so hard but the fates, it's kinda pathetic.

...And it all makes sense now, huh?

Posted by Iris

I hardly ever guess right on Spectator either. :( I wind up betting on whichever characters I think are cooler.

Posted by WillisGreeny

[QUOTE=S

Posted by Ant

I do okay. and I always bet 100, I don't really care about the coins...just kill some time.