Emulation on the DS Pt. 2

Posted by maian

Okay, so I got a cheap, new, modded PSP months ago that is now loaded with Super Nintendo and GBA games. Quite simply, it's amazing. ***ly. But now, my thirst quenches for more! There's so many DS games I really want to play, but frankly, can NOT bust out $30 for every single one, especially being jobless. It would be difficult even with a job with all the junk I have to pay for right now.

So, here's the question: My other thread asked about emulation on the DS, mainly for Super Nintendo games. But now I'm wondering how you can emulate or manage to play DS games for uh, free. Obviously stored all in one place.

I know about R4, but are there any other ways? Cheap? Any ways to do it for free? (lol)

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Need to buy an SD card or Slot-2 device. No way to do it otherwise. The DS is only good for emulating NES, Game Boy, Genesis and its own games anyway. There are, however, some nifty homebrew apps.

Posted by Shade

And any SD card will suffice?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

R4DS and M3 Simply are the main ones you wanna be using.

Posted by maian

So basically, you can't just get any SD card and slap emulators on it?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Nope.

Posted by Shade

Lame.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

What the **** do you except?

1. Good
2. Free
3. Legal

Choose two.

Posted by Shade

Heh, true.

Posted by Speedfreak

GET A JOB, HIPPIE.

Posted by maian

I'm getting a job. :cool:

It sill doesn't change the fact that I'd have to devote entire paychecks to getting the DS games I want to play, when I have way more things I need to save up for that are more important.

Posted by Apathetic

Wait why cant you just reload your psp with more emulators from different systems?

Posted by muffla

Quoting The X: What the **** do you except?

1. Good
2. Free
3. Legal

Choose two.

I choose free and legal, please give example

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Apathetic: Wait why cant you just reload your psp with more emulators from different systems?

Uh....because it lacks a touch screen.

Posted by S

Quoting muffla: I choose free and legal, please give example

It's free. It's legal. It's completely crap. Good choices.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=maian;825534]I'm getting a job. :cool:

It sill doesn't change the fact that I'd have to devote entire paychecks to getting the DS games.

Then you learn to compromise and realise that life isn't about getting everything you want, quit being a spoiled brat.

I've half a mind to lock this thread on principle.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=muffla;841902]I choose free and legal, please give example

http://www.maplestory.com/

Posted by Speedfreak

Fuck it, locked. Big Boss, Fate, Prince and I aren't going to make them for free in 5 or 10 years so you guys better pay up.