I hate making these things, but neh.

Posted by TK_hawk

Right then. Hello. I'm obviously new. I'm here because after constantly hearing one Linko_16 rave endlessly about this place for I don't know how long, I figured that if it's that amazing here, it's worth checking out.

Holy crap, is that a Strago icon? That's a Strago icon. Holy holy holy. I love you people already. I'm using that for this.

Anyways, you can just call me TK. I've been to dozens of message boards over the years, and it really takes a special one to hold my interest, so I may only be around for maybe half a year tops if you're not such a board. If you are - and from what I've heard from Linko that's the case - you're going to have a tough time getting rid of me, so if you have to hate someone for my eternal presence, hate Linko. Now there are probably a dozen other things I should be saying here, but I'm not good with introductions, so you'll just have to get to know me.

So that was for the most part stiff and awkward, but introductions are probably the only time you'll see me unsure of myself. See you around the board, I guess.

Posted by Iris

Hello then! Watch out for that Linko though, he's one baaaaad apple.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting TK_hawk: Holy holy holy.

I think you mean pearl pearl pearl.

Welcome.

Posted by Crazy K

Welcome to vgc yo.

Posted by Arcadios

HI IM DAISY

Posted by Xero

Welcome :)

Posted by TK_hawk

Thank you all. Especially Roger, 'cause that was quite funny, far as I'm concerned. Now if you could please indulge a newbie's ignorance, I have a couple questions about the board. You'd think -someone- might have explained some things instead of sending me in here blindly, but what'cha gonna do?

First off, I'm not sure what's up with "rep points" and "rep power". If it was just the points, I would probably have a good guess, but throw the power into the mix and I'm just bewildered. Secondly, I'm completely baffled by how some posts have "X agrees" or "Y disagrees." That's something I've never seen anything -remotely- like on any of the other boards I've been on, and can't figure out how those happened, so some form of explanation would be appreciated.

Those are really my only questions, but I feel it's worth commenting that this place seems terribly intimidating for some reason and I'm having trouble bringing myself to post somewhere. Please bear with me as I adjust to the board. Oh, one last thing, can I get a smiley chart or something? There's probably one somewhere, but I can't seem to find one. I don't know what all I can do, and I do so love expressing emotions. Text is rather cold, you know. ... Don't worry, I won't pelt you with dozens of smilies every post.

Posted by Linko_16

Don't worry, everyone, TK's a cool dude. Get used to it.

Quoting TK_hawk: I'm here because after constantly hearing one Linko_16 rave endlessly about this place for I don't know how long, I figured that if it's that amazing here, it's worth checking out.

I know for a fact that I would never rave about this crap-hole.

Srsly, though, it has some cool people, and I do make references to both boards, since we often talk about the same new games and current events, and I want to share good points I hear in one place, but not the other. There's also when I was just talking about Linko Man vs. ZPC, one being the comic based on VGC in-jokes and the other being the comic based on ZP in-jokes.

Quoting TK_hawk: First off, I'm not sure what's up with "rep points" and "rep power". If it was just the points, I would probably have a good guess, but throw the power into the mix and I'm just bewildered. Secondly, I'm completely baffled by how some posts have "X agrees" or "Y disagrees." That's something I've never seen anything -remotely- like on any of the other boards I've been on, and can't figure out how those happened, so some form of explanation would be appreciated.

Agreeing and disagreeing is rep, a.k.a. reputation. You can click the little scales icon in the lower-left corner of each post, and a pop-up will appear, and you can "agree" or "disagree" as well as give a short message. When you agree, however much "rep power" you have is added to their "rep points." When you disagree, half your rep power is taken away. Whatever message you gave will also appear on their post as "TK_hawk agrees: blah blah blah." I forget exactly what variable increases your rep power, but it obviously has something to do with your rep points. Check your user CP to see where you've received the latest reputation.

[QUOTE=TK_hawk;823607]Oh, one last thing, can I get a smiley chart or something? There's probably one somewhere, but I can't seem to find one.

At the bottom of the reply page on the left is a little box that tells you what codes are working. Click on the "smilies" link, and there you have it. Most of them are just frivolous ones that are never used, added by our zany admin. Watch out for him. :/

Also, you should've removed the "K" from your name. Then you could've been named after a lost Street Fighter.

Posted by David M. Awesome

Hi, TK. :P

We used the same icon for our intro threads. That makes you my new best friend.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

HI I LIKE SEX LETS HAVE SOME

Posted by Corrupt

Hmm, another new member that shows promise! By all means, stick around. Or don't. [I]BE THAT WAY.

Posted by Ant

HUGE BLOCK OF TEXT.

hi.

Posted by Arcadios

Well Mr.Awesome became a daily member and it's actually pretty interesting to read his posts.
Hope TW does the same.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Soon, you will no longer post walls of text. FIVE WORDS MAX REPLY ON VGC

Posted by Xero

lol

True story.

Posted by Kit

Welcome to the board. Have fun or something.

Posted by Shade

'Sup

Posted by Synth2012

From noob to noob, hello!

...and I seriously never knew this smiley chart was down here.

:bounce:

hahahahahahaha

Posted by Xero

:wacko:

Posted by David M. Awesome

[quote=The X;823702]Soon, you will no longer post walls of text. FIVE WORDS MAX REPLY ON VGC

That's too many words. :mad:

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting The X: Soon, you will no longer post walls of text. FIVE WORDS MAX REPLY ON VGC

Actually, on ZeldaPower it's even worse. A four-line paragraph is OMG TOO MUCH READING.

Posted by TK_hawk

Honestly, I'm not really a "wall of text" guy. I just tend to ramble when I'm nervous, and to tell the truth, you people are scary.

And most of your smilies are kind of... you know. You know?

Posted by Shade

I know. :cool2:

Posted by Corrupt

We all know.

Posted by Synth2012

Quoting TK_hawk: Honestly, I'm not really a "wall of text" guy. I just tend to ramble when I'm nervous, and to tell the truth, you people are scary.

I actually lol'ed at that one. From my experience thus far, these guys are not scary so much as little fuzzy teddy bears. ^_^

Posted by Roger Smith

Little fuzzy teddy bears that shoot lazors from our eyes and spew forth pestilence and plague from our bowels amirite?

Posted by Shade

I don't **** lethal bacteria. I would thank you to stop slandering me with your filthy lies.

Posted by Synth2012

No Roger. Little fuzzy teddy bears that bring joy into the hearts of children.

Posted by Roger Smith

I hate kids...

Posted by Synth2012

So you'll just be one of those grumpy looking teddy bears.

Posted by Roger Smith

Is it strange that Grumpy Bear was my favorite Care Bear?

Posted by Synth2012

Just means you knew where you were going in life at an early age.

Posted by Roger Smith

I'm a nice guy. Really.

Posted by Shade

Okay, Speedy.

Posted by TK_hawk

Man, when you people get started, you really don't stop, do you?

Posted by Shade

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID

Posted by Roger Smith

I don't get it.

Posted by Hyperactive Poster

Quoting TK_hawk: Man, when you people get started, you really don't stop, do you?

Lol.

Posted by Borealis

do you like us :-*

like us like us?

Posted by TK_hawk

Quoting Borealis: do you like us :-*

like us like us?

... I'm sorry. You're great people, really, but not my type. I prefer lovers to be... singular.

Posted by Shade

Singular? I'm the clear choice, then.

Posted by Arcadios

**** YES, YOU ARE THE BEST NEW MEMBER EVER.
Spice and Wolf is a good anime.

Posted by Iris

For the record, not everyone here is an enormous tool, just pretty much everyone you just met.

Posted by Shade

Thanks.

Posted by TK_hawk

Well, after all, tools are what build the world, neh?

Oh, that was a good one, I have to remember that one.

Posted by Shade

Better to be the one who uses the tool.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Am I a tool? Am I? AM I?!

Hi TK, welcome.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I STILL LIKE SEX

Posted by Ant

Quoting Iris: For the record, not everyone here is an enormous tool, just pretty much everyone you just met.

lol.

hi.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Iris is the biggest tool.

Posted by Ant

I think you mean she has the biggest tool!

oh, linko

Posted by CrystalPain

Oh boy im late...
Welcome to VGC

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Ant: I think you mean she has the biggest tool!

Don't even joke about that.

Posted by TK_hawk

I'm bewildered but think it might be better that way.

Posted by Arcadios

You'll understand soon enough, bozu.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Linko_16: Actually, on ZeldaPower it's even worse. A four-line paragraph is OMG TOO MUCH READING.

Yeah I noticed that :p:

Posted by Borealis

I read this and thought of you all. And this thread.

Posted by TK_hawk

For the record, I don't see how that has anything to do with this thread at all. Well, one post here, maybe. It wasn't by me, of course.

Posted by Shade

The resemblance is uncanny. This is obviously a comic about VGC.

cad rule in full effect there

Posted by Malevolence

Hey.