bigtime computer issues whoa man

Posted by Slade

So on Thursday night I shut off my computer, and it turned back on half an hour later while I was in bed. I was really tired and the power button wasn't working so I just hit the switch on the powerstrip all my computer stuff is hooked up to.

Then Friday comes around, and I flip on the power strip only to find that my computer turns on immediately and the power/reset buttons don't work at all. So now I can turn my computer on/off with the switch on it's back, but the monitor isn't registering any connections. I've tried re-plugging the monitor and taking the faceplate off and manually hitting the power/reset buttons.

What I've come up with:
-Maybe a part of my computer's start up routine is physically fried. It's really, really dusty in my apartment, and besides that my power supply fan has been running poorly for a few weeks(that was the previous problem I posted about in here, it never got fixed).

-I don't think it could be a virus since my computer randomly turned on Thursday night, and I don't think it's a problem with my monitor because my computer is unresponsive.

I won't be able to get online until monday, so come up with something by then! :( In the meantime, I'll be slowly failing my online course...