Wanda and the Colossus

Posted by HappyCamper

I've looked into this game a lot and it seems cool, in some magazine they are saying its a lot like Ico, so it must be good right?

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Unfortuantely, I have not played ICO yet. I've just looked up Wanda and Colossus now, and it looks fairly interesting. Something I will pick up when it's released.

Posted by boomstick

Looks great grahicwise, probably one of the best I've ever seen on a PS2 title.

Posted by The_Essence_Vortex

I've seen screenshots and such for it. I have to agree with boomstick that it's one of the best games graphicwise. I wonder what the control scheme will be like or how gameplay will be?

Another thing I like about the game is the music. I watched the trailer and it has absolutely gorgeous music. As soon as it ended, I immediately wanted to buy the soundtrack, but I forgot that this game is not out yet, so the soundtrack is obviously not out.

Quoting Angelwing: Unfortuantely, I have not played ICO yet.

Rent it or something if you can. It'll be the greatest $5 you'll ever spend.

Posted by =/g0ri11@\=

Quoting Angelwing: Unfortuantely, I have not played ICO yet. I've just looked up Wanda and Colossus now, and it looks fairly interesting. Something I will pick up when it's released.

That is if it comes out here, no ones sure if it's coming out of Japan yet.
Sure look's cool as hell though. Maybe an import.

Quoting SanitysRequiem: That is if it comes out here, no ones sure if it's coming out of Japan yet.
Sure look's cool as hell though. Maybe an import.

I'm pretty sure it will come out here. Ever since screenshots have been released for this, many American gamers have been yelling about how it must come here. Most of those gamers are ICO fans, strangely enough...

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting The_Essence_Vortex: I'm pretty sure it will come out here. Ever since screenshots have been released for this, many American gamers have been yelling about how it must come here. Most of those gamers are ICO fans, strangely enough...

Yes silly child, it is coming out here. Its release date is tentitivly marked as Q4 of this year, so anytime between September 1st and December 31. I would guess the end of November.

And the reason everyone that liked Ico so much likes it is becuase Wanda was originally devloped to be Ico 2, but the story was scrapped and changed to this. The reason it looks so similar? Made by the same folks who made Ico. I personally can't wait for it, and will be picking it up.

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: Yes silly child, it is coming out here. Its release date is tentitivly marked as Q4 of this year, so anytime between September 1st and December 31. I would guess the end of November.

And the reason everyone that liked Ico so much likes it is becuase Wanda was originally devloped to be Ico 2, but the story was scrapped and changed to this. The reason it looks so similar? Made by the same folks who made Ico. I personally can't wait for it, and will be picking it up.

Oh. I haven't really heard too much news on the game.

Why did they change it to a different storyline? Oh, well. Maybe it was for the better.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

The only reason that they would give was the following:

"We were sick of all of the other companies making direct sequels to all of their games. Wanda was in production before every single game ever to be released had to have a second coming, therefore, we wanted to change the experiance for fans of the original Ico."

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: The only reason that they would give was the following:

"We were sick of all of the other companies making direct sequels to all of their games. Wanda was in production before every single game ever to be released had to have a second coming, therefore, we wanted to change the experiance for fans of the original Ico."

Hmm... Those guys are geniuses.

Posted by HappyCamper

In my opinion, I don't think it would be a inport because it was like with Ico, that game didn't come out till like a year or two after it was out in Japan....... I think?

Posted by Vampire Slayer

From what I've heard its coming out by the end of this year. The game looks really great. And on G4 they said that Shadow of the Colossus was not a sequel. They were thinking about making a sequel and Shadow of the Colossus, in the end the team decided that Shadow of the Colossus was a better idea for a game.
Also gamespot.com says that the game will be out sometime in September. O, and the name has been changed from Wanda and the Colossus to Shadow of the Colossus.