Audiosurf

Posted by Borealis

I haven't really played it myself, but from the reviews I've read and the gameplay videos that are available, it both sounds and looks like a solid game.

Though, I'm not sure how the PC controls are being used (assuming you use the mouse, but that's a hunch), I do know the basic objective is in collecting the colored blocks and avoiding the grey ones [according to the somewhat rhythm of the game], thereby filling a meter-looking thing, and that does something too when and if you fill it up -- but if you hit a grey block your combo breaks? Maybe. Not sure much on the details past that, but it still looks raw.

Through The Fire And Flames:

[youtube=1-z6YK92otg]1-z6YK92otg[/youtube]

Posted by Hyperactive Poster

I have not played it yet, but from what I hear it is very good.

Posted by S

Christ that's insane.

I always associate that song with Fire Emblem, because while I was playing it on DS, my friends were playing that song non-stop on Guitar Hero to beat each other's high score. They were all newbies so it was fun watching them get better and better. The lyrics fit quite nicely too.

Posted by Zeta

I've heard that playing Gamma's theme from Sonic Adventure generates an empty level.

Posted by Imaginary Friend

I have played this game extensively and there is no reason anyone shouldn't. You can play any song that you have on your computer and it creates a custom track that goes with the flow, tempo, and rhythm of the song.

It has a bunch of different modes, not just Mono(which is the one where you dodge greys and try to collect as many colors as possible) which gives it a good variety, despite having the unique variation of EVERY SONG HAVING A DIFFERENT TRACK.

But really, play this game. Replayability in it's best form, and completely addictive. Worth the $10 it's up for and much, much more.

Posted by #061402

This is quite an awesome game.. Makes listening to music a lot more fun. But it's not to recommend when you're tired. Seriously. Trying to play a fast-paced song while you're tired is like punching yourself in the face with colors.

Posted by Stalolin

Tried out the demo today. When that expired I IMMEDIATELY purchased the game. It has almost unlimited replay ability, considering you can choose any song you want out of your library. So long as you don't get bored of it's gameplay you could go on forever playing this thing.

PRETTY ****ED ADDICTING

Posted by #061402

Quoting Stalolin: Tried out the demo today. When that expired I IMMEDIATELY purchased the game. It has almost unlimited replay ability, considering you can choose any song you want out of your library. So long as you don't get bored of it's gameplay you could go on forever playing this thing.

PRETTY ****ED ADDICTING

QFT!

Some songs are just sick though. There are some guys who've gotten like 700-800,000 points on "Through the fire and flames" by Dragonforce. I got 200,000-ish, and I thought I did well!

Posted by Kit

I bought and like the game, but I suck **** at it. :(

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Kit;853532]I bought and like the game, but I suck **** at it. :(

S'okay, so do I.

Which is why you find the most obscure games in your library and play them, NETTING YOU THE HIGHEST SCORE

Posted by #061402

Stalolin, do you play Mono, or Pointman, or Eraser, or what ship do you usually play with? And at what difficulty level?

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=#061402;853754]Stalolin, do you play Mono, or Pointman, or Eraser, or what ship do you usually play with? And at what difficulty level?

Generally I just like to take it easy and hit up Mono/Pointman under easy, but I also try for Mono/Pointman under medium.

I'm not really playing for high scores, just the chance to sort of dance with my music.