Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots PS3 Bundle

Posted by Arcadios

http://blog.us.playstation.com/
[quote]Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots PS3 Bundle
To coincide with the much-anticipated North American launch of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots in late Q2 2008, SCEA will introduce a PS3 bundle, which will include an 80GB PS3, the upcoming blockbuster Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, and a DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller for $499.99 (MSRP).

As has been announced previously, MGS4 will include a Metal Gear Online

Posted by maian

Oh gawd. So epic. I'm definitely buying myself a PS3 the night of MGS4's release. That's an awesome deal.

Posted by Bebop

I'm just going to wait for the series to end because them I can buy all films in the same boxset. LOLOLOLO

Posted by Crazy K

I just can't wait for the film, hopefully they cast someone good.

As for that $500 PS3 bundle, great deal.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Crazy K: I just can't wait for the film, hopefully they cast someone good.

Hopefully it'll be CGI.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Bring this to Europe, and I'll buy a PS3.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I'm still hoping the 360 version of the game will be announced a few weeks before the release of the ps3 version. Listen carefully, and you'll hear me laughing if it happens, no matter where you are in the world.

Posted by Kit

****, my brother just bought a PS3 and he's coming home in June. I'm wondering if I should wait for him or save up and get one myself.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Pretty good deal all things considered. Already have a PS3 though!

Posted by maian

Quoting Prince Shondronai: I'm still hoping the 360 version of the game will be announced a few weeks before the release of the ps3 version. Listen carefully, and you'll hear me laughing if it happens, no matter where you are in the world.

Let's make every post in the history of this website an attempt to bash on Sony! :cookie:

Anyway, it has been announced for 360. However, it's going to be like Substance, in which the special edition will go to 360 a year or two after the original is released, or whenever they make it.

This really makes me happy though. I've been worried about my financial position to get a PS3 before its launch, and this helps a lot. And, it will be all kinds of epic to get a PS3 and MGS4 in the same night. Oh gawd.

Posted by Arcadios

Link for 360 confirmation plz.

Posted by Last Fog

This is a nice bundle, but I'd rather just buy a 40GB and the game for $449.

On a related note, supposedly Sony is discontinuing the 80GB version and are planning on a new 120GB. Will they ever make up their minds?

Posted by Arcadios

Why would anyone need that much space anyway?

Posted by maian

Blah, I'd find a link, but I'm honestly too lazy. All I know is that it has been. Mainly because I'm a mad MGS hermit and I've been tracking everything about MGS4. =/ I know when sources are legit and when they're not, and I know it certainly was confirmed.

Posted by Last Fog

Wouldn't it be all over the internet within days if it was confirmed?

Posted by maian

Not really, because it was through something obscure, like one of the weekly podcasts which is, yes, made by people directly involved in the development of the game.

I guess I could be wrong, though. I swear it's been confirmed, though.

Posted by Arcadios

/v/ wouldn't be bawwwwwwing about it if it was really confirmed. =/
Meh, oh well.

Posted by Slade

If it was confirmed through any source, it would explode. Other people who are "mad mgs hermits" would blow it wide open.

That said, I'll definitely be getting this if it isn't confirmed for the 360. I'll probably be getting it if there are other PS3 exclusive titles I want. At the moment I have no desire to get a PS3, so we'll see what happens.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Prince Shondronai: I'm still hoping the 360 version of the game will be announced a few weeks before the release of the ps3 version. Listen carefully, and you'll hear me laughing if it happens, no matter where you are in the world.

It doesn't matter much either way, although I believe such announcement will come after the release of the PS3 version. The console has some excellent, exclusive, creative games available for download in their PlayStation Store, and their first-party software is respected across the industry, so the system will be just fine regardless.

It hasn't been confirmed for the 360. Even if it's the most obscure source on the internet it'd be everywhere. Since really, there's no such thing as "obscure" on the internet.

Posted by maian

huh

Well, it was a foggy memory anyway. :cookie: I still swear I remember reading about it on a source that I knew was reliable. :( Oh well. Doesn't change the fact that this is a great deal!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Personally, if the game goes over to the 360, I imagine it'll have the guts ripped out of it. Not usually a ***** for BLU RAY CELL PROCESSING 1080DPI, but I imagine it would be an noticeable step down.

Doubt it.

Posted by Degeneration

[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/Dragon17013/mgs4360vc5.jpg[/IMG]

And that's just the first half of the free demo!

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah, MGS4 needs a BRD because only Kojima is crazy enough to make a game with UNCOMPRESSED SOUND. The 360 version would have to use inferior Mp3 compression.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

No snide comment about Metal Gear's gameplay? YOU AREN'T SPEEDFREAK

Posted by Degeneration

Closest thing to confirmation that it won't come to the 360 in a billion years: They had to [url=http://www.joystiq.com/2008/03/02/kojima-mgs4-too-big-for-50-gb-blu-ray-disc/]tone MGS4 down[/url] to get it to fit on Blu-ray. deeeamn

It's anybody's guess as to what makes the game so f'n huge, but you have to wonder just how much of it was compressed the way it should've been.

Posted by maian

Yeah, apparently Kojima was disappointed with it because he couldn't fit everything he wanted on a Blu-Ray. :cookie:

Aren't Blu-Ray discs like, the biggest of the big as far as discs go?

Yes. Probably just lame hype. I bet they could make it fit on a DVD no problem. Pretty sure it was Resistance that said the same thing.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

DVD-DL is the latest DVD format, and holds about 10GB - I think? Single-layer BD is approx. 50GB. Could always throw MGS4 on multiple discs - after all, that's how the original MGS was!

THE DREADED MULTIDISC? Man, why do people hate having multiple discs anyways? Not like MGS is a freeroaming game with tons of backtracking that'll require you to constantly switch discs.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Some of the best games of our times have been multidisc. Resident Evil 4, for one.

That was multidisc? HUH, don't even remember.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Well... Just two discs. One had the first half of the game and The Mercenaries/Ada's mission on it, the other had the second half of the game.

I played that game a bunch too, but I still don't recall that. Just goes to show you how not of a big deal it is.

Posted by Degeneration

Multidisc is last-gen, just like rumble.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Quoting Degeneration: Multidisc is last-gen, just like rumble.

Except when rumble is no longer contested in a lawsuit. Then it's awesome and people should want it again.