Your Mid-Age Philosophy

Posted by Borealis

Choose.

Posted by O.T.L

my life would be half over, thats why i chose what i did .

with the water , at least your getting water , but with life its half over .

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Half-empty for sure. But that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Half-empty for sure. But that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I agree. People make a big deal about looking at how full the glass is, asif the missing half isn't important. Maybe I didn't like what was in the glass to begin with.

Posted by Xero

Time and age does not matter to me at all. Voted for Half-empty, but I would never complain about it.

Posted by Omni

Half empty.

Posted by Lord of Spam

the very concept of a midpoint is retarded. You could die at any point. Die in a car crash at 40 and your 20th birthday was your midlife crisis.

I refuse to answer based on the idiocy of the question.

Posted by Shade

Half empty. I mean, I look at it this way. A glass is only half full if it's half way filled while you're filling it up. If you're drinking out of the glass, it's emptying.

Quoted post: the very concept of a midpoint is retarded. You could die at any point. Die in a car crash at 40 and your 20th birthday was your midlife crisis.

I refuse to answer based on the idiocy of the question.

Except middle age is basically 35-45. Chances are you won't die before 50, nor will you live until 90. Of course, since we're a new generation, we could live longer. But middle-age is still middle-age.

Posted by David M. Awesome

I picked half full because I'm a rebel.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Posted by CrystalPain

half empty since your draining it
but in terms of experience its half full...
AHHH~! Headache!

Posted by Speedfreak

I don't like saying half-empty, doesn't make much sense to me. It's like saying half-zero or something.

It makes perfect sense.

Posted by Poco

Quoting Speedfreak: I don't like saying half-empty, doesn't make much sense to me. It's like saying half-zero or something.

or you know, .5, or something.

chose half full because well it is.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;825539]It makes perfect sense.

Linguistically, not logicially.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Speedfreak: I don't like saying half-empty, doesn't make much sense to me. It's like saying half-zero or something.

Linguistically, saying half full is just as wrong as saying half empty. How can something that is full only be half full when the word full indicates completely filled? Either it's full, or it's half filled, or it's empty... English has rules like this to prevent such ambiguities.

Anyway, why the **** is an American telling a british person English grammar? This is all ****ed up.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Speedfreak: Linguistically, not logicially.

Yes it does. You're just looking at it from a weird viewpoint that doesn't logically make sense!

Posted by mis0

The glass is always full. It is not as though the "empty" space in the glass is a vacuum; it's filled with air.

Posted by Borealis

I've now taken an oath to do more outrageous things with my life -- so, hopefully my mid-life philosophy until now has been changed to half-empty. I plan to live the $@%# out of my pre-mid aged years until I'll have to be an old cranky man. But no! I'll now live the $@%# out of all my years.

Signed!

It's pretty simple: If you're filling the glass to the halfway point it's half-full. If you've drained the glass to the halfway point it's half-empty. Since life is always draining away, middle-age would be half-empty. Seems fairly logical.

Though, this was never about logic in the first place, so why that matters who ****ing knows. It's just how you perceive life, whether positively or negatively.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: It's pretty simple: If you're filling the glass to the halfway point it's half-full.

Popularity has made it true, but there was a time when half-full and half-empty were considered poor grammar. Then again, that's just how languages evolve, how slang becoming the norm.

Posted by David M. Awesome

I am soooo unsubscribing from this thread. >:

Posted by Webby

My mid age philosophy is- I have no mid age philosophy.
Honestly I never understood the half full or half empty philosophy but again I never thought too hard. Too much risk to damage my brain cells!!

Posted by sreeja

In my opinion half is full.What about you all?

Posted by Shevanel

This thread is the worst scumpuddle of pseudo-intellectual gisp-lickery I've ever seen.

What the **** is a "mid-age philosophy"? Do you even know what any of those words mean?

Posted by #061402

It's poisoned.

Posted by Shevanel

[quote]Sapphire Rose disagrees: Who the **** are you?
oh the hilarity

Posted by Ant

thread didn't really seem all that SH[COLOR="Lime"]I[/COLOR]TTY to me. but what do I know? I'm just a dog.

Posted by Kendra, Warrior Babe

Not even half-full, for me. You see, the women on both sides of my family just don't seem to have the courtesy to die when they get old. So I'm fairly certain that I'll live forever. :)

Posted by Inferno

I don't like the question.

Seeing the glass as half full implies that I'm building toward some final goal. This really is how most of us are forced to live out our lives. We go to school to get a good job. We get a good job to buy a nice house. We buy a nice house to get married and raise a family. And then we all live happily ever after? Garbage. There is no final goal.

I also don't like the half empty view. It puts a boundary on life. Sure, death is one hell of a boundary. But I don't want to look back and think that everything was on a downhill slope.

Instead, I would throw the cup away and drink from a water fountain whenever I felt the need.