Gigantour (Megadeth and Dream Theater tour)

Posted by Megatron

From Megadeth.com

APRIL 5, 2005

It's called GIGANTOUR, and it's the brainchild of MEGADETH frontman/guitarist DAVE MUSTAINE.

Set to launch in late July, GIGANTOUR is a six-week festival trek co-headlined by MEGADETH and DREAM THEATER, who'll be accompanied by other mainstage acts Fear Factory, Dillinger Escape Plan and Nevermore. Artists for the second stage will be announced in the coming weeks.

GIGANTOUR follows MEGADETH's sold-out 2004 "Blackmail The Universe" Tour in support of 2004's THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED--MEGADETH's tenth studio album--which debuted on the charts at #18 and was critically hailed as a brilliant return to form. Bandmates Glen Drover (guitar), James MacDonough (bass) and Shawn Drover (drums) will once again join MUSTAINE on the road.

GIGANTOUR--whose moniker was inspired by the classic 1960's cartoon "Gigantor"--will criss-cross North America, with stops in amphitheatres and arenas in cities including Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Detroit, Toronto, Montreal, Washington, Philadelphia, Boston, Denver and Minneapolis, among others. The tour is implementing the "fan friendly" ticket price of approximately $35 each. MUSTAINE notes: "I think people may want an affordable alternative to the choices out there--along the lines of a pure music festival--like Monsters of Rock or Clash of the Titans."

MUSTAINE handpicked the bands for GIGANTOUR, with a focus on musicianship. "There are few very successful tours out each summer and in order to be significant, I knew the first Gigantour had to make an impact with top bands like DREAM THEATER, Fear Factory, Dillinger Escape Plan and Nevermore." MUSTAINE wanted to "put together a festival that consisted of positive bands that play heavy music in a high energy environment."

MUSTAINE comments on the other bands he's chosen for the GIGANTOUR mainstage. "I think that the variety of playing styles and the credibility of the different players is really exciting. I'm looking forward to spending time with DREAM THEATER--including my friend Mike Portnoy--while on the road. I think DREAM THEATER is unbelievably talented. I can't wait to see what their set list is going to be for this festival."

Mike Portnoy from DREAM THEATER comments on the band's perspective on the tour. "I think we probably bring some diversity to the bill, because we're kind of like chameleons--we can fit into a lot of different situations. We've done shows in the past with Iron Maiden, Slayer and Pantera, and then we've also done shows with Elton John, Yes and Deep Purple. I think our fan base is very diverse like that too." Portnoy sees GIGANTOUR as a "kind of a meeting of musicians and metal-heads." He adds: "I've been listening to MEGADETH since day one and always admired them and Dave as an artist--he's constantly stuck to his guns and stuck by the music he believes in. MEGADETH are one of the pioneers of the genre." GIGANTOUR marks the first U.S. leg of DREAM THEATER dates in support of their forthcoming release OCTAVARIUM, due out June 7 on Atlantic Records.

MUSTAINE first toured with Fear Factory in 1994. "I think Fear Factory and Dillinger Escape Plan are really going to add something different to the tour and bring some new people in." He continues, "The frontman of Nevermore [Warrell Dane] used to be in a band called Sanctuary and I produced their first record."

MUSTAINE is excited to hit the road and has a positive outlook for GIGANTOUR. "I look forward to watching this develop over the years and seeing how we can turn this into something that's going to stand the test of time. And if this works, and it really works, maybe we'll take it elsewhere."

Stay tuned for tour dates, venues and information about the second stage bands to be announced soon and check [url]www.megadeth.com[/url] for additional updates.

------------------------------------------------------------

I love Megadeth, Dream Theater and Nevermore so this should be awesome. And if my ticket really is $35 It's going to be less than $12 for each band so every other band is a nice extra.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

badass! Sam told me about this the other day, and I was going to post it.

Posted by Megatron

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: badass! Sam told me about this the other day, and I was going to post it.

I beat you to it!!! :D

And I changed my AIM name to Grimlock429.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I leik no, Im talkin 2 u, fewl

I would have posted it, but the forums were screwed up, so laem!

Posted by MetalVox~55

hell yes, I will be in attendance :rock:

Posted by Megatron

The 2nd best part of the press release was:

[quote]MUSTAINE is excited to hit the road and has a positive outlook for GIGANTOUR. "I look forward to watching this develop over the years and seeing how we can turn this into something that's going to stand the test of time. And if this works, and it really works, maybe we'll take it elsewhere."

Looks like we'll have a fest other than Ozzfest to look forward to each summer.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

the way you said it, made it sound like people look forward to ozzfest

Posted by Megatron

Ozzfest has been getting better lineups lately.

Posted by TheSecondComing

I'd go if the tickets weren't expensive and I didn't have to put up with legions of metalheads and it was in Australia and Dream Theatre wasn't playing and Megadeth wasn't playing and none of the other bands were playing and the bands that were playing were Radiohead, the Mars Volta, the Pixies and Architecture in Helsinki and it wasn't called Gigantour.

Ahem.

Posted by sabre

Eh, DT are good, but Megadeth aren't so much my thing. Even if I was in North America, I think I'd probably just go to one of the Octavarium tour shows instead... I just don't know enough songs by Megadeth nor am I enough of a fan of their style to be particularly interested by this.

Must be great for fans of both, though.

Posted by Richaod

Sounds quite awesomely awesome. I don't really like Megadeth as much as most other metal bands (Symphony of Destruction, too many 3-minute songs, Dave Mustaine's nails-on-a-chalkboard voice, their guitar tone and punctuation marks in album titles come to mind), but I thought The System Has Failed was a decent album. The first four tracks (The Scorpion in particular) were a highlight.

Dream Theater should steer well clear of all the Falling Into Infinity songs and all their Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence songs played at that show too and replace them with Honor Thy Father plus About To Crash, and a shorter version of The Glass Prison, vary their songs slightly more when they're playing live and try to avoid having James LaBrie doing any classically trained voice-wavering.

$35 US is expensive?

And Radiohead are interesting live? Erm, I'd sure look forward to that version of Kid A that takes the minimalism and weirdness a whole step further through the band not playing anything.

Despite the random drawbacks listed above, I probably would consider going if given the chance. I highly doubt that there are many more interesting tours going on.

Does anyone else find it weird that Mike Portnoy mentions Iron Maiden and Slayer together? Somehow, I think Maiden belonged in that second group...

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I have already seen Megadeth in concert once, with Iced Earth, and i twas in awesome. How anyone can not like Megadeth, for the reasons stated above, obviously, is beyond me. They're very talented. And no, I do not find it weird that Maiden is mentioned in the first set of bands, as it has little in common with the latter group.

Posted by Raptor

1. I dwell in the periphery sector of Hawaii. They are never coming here, and I am not flying 3,000 miles to see them.
2. I do not like Megadeth. I find them extremely annoying.
3. omg omg omg :rock: :rock: :rock:

Quoting Richaod:
$35 US is expensive?

I suppose not compared to other tours. But other tours are just ridiculous. Plus they'll still fleece you in terms of merchandise and drinks and stuff.

Quoted post: And Radiohead are interesting live? Erm, I'd sure look forward to that version of Kid A that takes the minimalism and weirdness a whole step further through the band not playing anything.

Radiohead are complete live excellence. I used to have a bootleg of their Glastonbury appearance that was voted the Best Gig Ever.

Posted by Gollum

Dream Theater, Megadeth, Nevermore, and a show in a city only 2 hours away from me.

Yes!

Posted by Shin_Akuma

Yeah I read this a couple days ago, it should be bad . My favorite band plus another great band, dream theater playing together. I don't care much for the rest of the bands though, I gues Fear Factory is alright. If they come to texas im so gonna get tickets, it will be the Best.Concert.Ever. And by the way 2ndcoming, the Mars Volta suck I would rather go to a blink 182 concert then them, they dont even make music, thay make .

Posted by Megatron

I'd be surprised if they didn't hit either Houston or Dallas.

Quoting Shin_Akuma: And by the way 2ndcoming, the Mars Volta suck

Oh, gee dude, thanks for telling me! I knew I was missing out on something. I'll go change my opinion right away!

The Mars Volta kick the Jesse Smith through Dream Theatre. The only possible reason one could have for liking Dream Theatre is their instrumental skills and musicianship, and the Mars Volta eclipse them at this in every possible way, both minimalist and... uh... maximalist?

Posted by Gollum

Quoting TheSecondComing: Oh, gee dude, thanks for telling me! I knew I was missing out on something. I'll go change my opinion right away!

The Mars Volta kick the Jesse Smith through Dream Theatre. The only possible reason one could have for liking Dream Theatre is their instrumental skills and musicianship, and the Mars Volta eclipse them at this in every possible way, both minimalist and... uh... maximalist?

I won't comment on the last sentence, considering it was all opinionated.

I realize I'm not helping to obtain this goal.

Quoting Irrelevant: I won't comment on the last sentence, considering it was all opinionated.

Feel free to argue your opinion against my own.

Posted by Gollum

Quoting TheSecondComing: Feel free to argue your opinion against my own.

It wouldn't matter. You've already expressed your opinion and mine is the opposite. I'm sure that my opinion on the matter isn't going to change yours, so why bother?

Quoting Irrelevant: It wouldn't matter. You've already expressed your opinion and mine is the opposite. I'm sure that my opinion on the matter isn't going to change yours, so why bother?

Nobody's opinion is ever going to be changed by someone with an opposite opinion. But most people find it enjoyable to argue and debate their own opinion because they like discussing the topic, and feeling like they're right and you're wrong.

Posted by Gollum

I can't say I've heard very much of Mars Volta, so it would be pointless to try to argue.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting TheSecondComing: Radiohead are complete live excellence. I used to have a bootleg of their Glastonbury appearance that was voted the Best Gig Ever.

Before or after Kid A?

Even though I think The Mars Volta are excellent, I definitely think that they're not as instrumentally skilled as Dream Theater. They do manage to write rather complex songs that I can never seem to figure out though, and that's my main attraction to them. I do like Cedric's vocals more than Kevin James LaBrie's though. Quite a lot more.

Quoting Richaod: Before or after Kid A?

Before. Although mp3s of 'Everything In Its Right Place' have become probably the most downloaded single Radiohead bootleg. It sounds great live.

Posted by sabre

[QUOTE=Richaod]Dream Theater should steer well clear of all the Falling Into Infinity songs Hollow Years? Peruvian Skies? Hell's Kitchen? New Millennium? Trial of Tears?

I quite liked FII.

[quote]Honor Thy FatherMostly a good song. That solo is so incredulously boring, though.

[quote] About To CrashYes, that would be great.

[quote]vary their songs slightly more when they're playing liveThooper again.

[quote] avoid having James LaBrie doing any classically trained voice-wavering.I don't mind it at all.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

Oh, gee dude, thanks for telling me! I knew I was missing out on something. I'll go change my opinion right away!

Do as you wish, i'm just stating the obvious..if you've heard their music, they suck.

And before you try to engage in a argument with me about who's better ATLEAST freaking spell it right. It's DREAM THEATER not DREAM THEATRE, moron. Jeez what does that tell me? You know nothing about dream theater nor have you heard an entire song by them. And the only somewhat talented person in The Mars Volta is the drummer, which Mike Portnoy is still leagues above him.

Posted by Richaod

He's heard the whole Images & Words album, but obviously hasn't given it any thought or prolonged listening. So he surely wouldn't be able to recall anything about the music itself if asked. And since it's really the only DT album that is so extremely happy (which is the main thing he disliked), it obviously doesn't give much of an overall image.

Honor Thy Father's solo is pretty suitable for the song. Nice wah-wah effects. We didn't really need John Petrucci pulling out a Stream-of-Consciousness-style lead and extending the song by about 3 minutes though. If you think that's a bad solo, listen to Slayer or Slipknot (Pulse of the Maggots has the worst guitar solo ever created).

By the way, is The Mars Volta's drummer Omar?

Posted by Raptor

I cherish Images & Words for its overall jovial feel. Train of Thought really is a little too angsty for me. Okay, way too angsty. I can't say I care too much for the album in general.

Posted by Klarth

Train of Thought was very easily their weakest. If I didn't know they were already well established as a prog-metal-rock act then I'd throw it in there with "the greatest hits of linkin park and amy lee". If they revert to their original style (Awake, Images and Words) in their upcoming release, I'll be well pleased.

I might be going to DT's show in Austria on their Octavarium tour. If I am, I'll be glad to not have to put up with Megadeth. I don't know how other people feel about them, but their songs sound like the audio equivalent to brushed steel to me.

Posted by Crazy Canuck

The show is worth attending just for Dave Mustaine alone. Plus there's a small chance of seeing Megadeth and Dream Theater jam, maybe even play each others songs! I'm sure Dave would suck with James' vocals and James would gay up Dave's but it would still be awesome. I would go if they came within a day's journey of where I live.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Raptor: I cherish Images & Words for its overall jovial feel. Train of Thought really is a little too angsty for me. Okay, way too angsty. I can't say I care too much for the album in general.

The two are probably my favourites. Jovial is a bit too comparative an adjective to describe such an overwhelmingly happy album. You need superlatives, the likes of which I can't even begin to compose because the amount of happiness in that album was so insanely high. If that's the main reason you like it, though, I'm baffled as to why you never really got around to enjoying Silverchair's Diorama. It has tons of happiness, and personally I feel that it's missing the cheesiness that plagued IAW and (unrelated) power metal in general.

I loved Train of Thought - I'm into very heavy, guitar-based music (okay, well, Diorama contrasts hugely with that), and it was a somewhat more consistent album than Awake and Falling Into Infinity. Structurally, I thought it was okay, but it was all about drawn-out verse-chorus structures and rather long (often half the song's length) bridges and progressions after that. I can say that I liked As I Am better than virtually all the songs on Falling Into Infinity with similar song lengths and structures, though. Generally, the songs were just too long (like Stream of Consciousness - its first half was warranted).

I'm pretty sure Octavarium is going to be rather different to anything they've done before - it's a concept album, and Jordan Rudess himself has said (on his forums) that it won't be their new musical style, rather "another experimentation like Train of Thought".

And Bj, I listed some very clear reasons for not liking (some of) Megadeth's work. Short songs? Symphony of Destruction? Dave's voice? All bad things.

Posted by Gollum

Quoting Majesty: Train of Thought was very easily their weakest. If I didn't know they were already well established as a prog-metal-rock act then I'd throw it in there with "the greatest hits of linkin park and amy lee". If they revert to their original style (Awake, Images and Words) in their upcoming release, I'll be well pleased.

I disagree. I think that Train of Thought is one of their best albums, definitely better than Falling Into Infinity, to be honest. I like the way that it was much more guitar/double bass oriented, because I am a fan of heavy music. Awake is still better, so if they go back to that style I'll be happy as well, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's bad. It's great.

Posted by MetalVox~55

there is far too much bickering over Dream Theater being overrated or awesome, not enough hyped-up-ness for the sheer fact that this tour will kick large ammounts of arse

Quoting TheSecondComing: The Mars Volta kick the Jesse Smith through Dream Theatre. The only possible reason one could have for liking Dream Theatre is their instrumental skills and musicianship, and the Mars Volta eclipse them at this in every possible way, both minimalist and... uh... maximalist?

For my two cents in on this one:

The Mars Volta never had one of their members invited to a G3, nor do they have degrees in music from Berklee School of Music.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I'm glad this thread turned into a Dream Theater thread. There aren't enough Dream Theater threads, ya know?

Posted by Gollum

You know this place is going to the dogs when a Dream Theater/Megadeth thread turns into a Dream Theater and Megadeth conversation thread.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I don't see much Megadeth discussion going on, nor any Nevermore, who I feel is better than both of the previously mentioneds.

Posted by Crazy Canuck

Quoting Richaod:
And Bj, I listed some very clear reasons for not liking (some of) Megadeth's work. Short songs? Symphony of Destruction? Dave's voice? All bad things.

Short songs? That

Posted by MetalVox~55

way to derail a good thread guys :mad:

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting MetalVox~55: way to derail a good thread guys :mad:

The posts are related to the bands in the title. Even though it's mostly Dream Theater related, it's still valid. Sorry sweetheart. If you want the other bands to be discussed... why not start with posting about them?

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Shin-Ra: The posts are related to the bands in the title. Even though it's mostly Dream Theater related, it's still valid. Sorry sweetheart. If you want the other bands to be discussed... why not start with posting about them?

oh we are soooo broken up :bowser:

Posted by Hyper

I for one would attend this show if it came within my state most likely.

Posted by Gollum

Check it out, guys. You can pre-order Octavarium on amazon!!

Unforunately, I'm out of cash. I'll buy it in 3 weeks or so.

Posted by Klarth

i would also pre-order it but a fucking machine ate my card today

Posted by Megatron

Looks like Dry Kill Logic, Overkill, Otep, Symphony X, Diecast, Pain of Salvation, and Taproot are in the running to be on the 2nd stage. I'm hoping for Overkill, Symphony X and PoS.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

This is probably one of the greatest threads in the history of this board

Posted by Gollum

Symphony X isn't going because they're working on a new album. That's all I know about the second stage bands. Is there any new information?

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

LINK SIR OR ELSE I WILL NOT BELIEVE!

Posted by Gollum

http://mikeportnoy.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=845686&mpage=1&key=symphony󎝶

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

SONOVA*****. I am really getting tired of Sym X. Those bastards pulled out at the very last minute in Ft Lauderdale last year during the sym x/blind guardian concert, and now they're doing it again. I swear they're such *******s. . . at least whenever I plan on seeing them they are

Posted by MetalVox~55

at least we'll be getting new Symphony X in the near future :)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Who cares about that ****ty tour when you have one that consists of: Suffocation, Cryptopsy, Vader, Decapitated, Cephalic Carnage, and Aborted.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I like vocalists who can sing :)

Posted by MetalVox~55

and BJ in with the Zing!

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: I like vocalists who can sing :)

Well, then I suppose you're not seeing the main attraction!

But seriously, the studio version of "Sweating Bullets" is painful. Lyrics like "Hello me, meet the real me" and "Hello me, it's me again" are just strange.

pze no start flame war!

*cue flames anyway*

Posted by Crazy Canuck

Quoting Richaod: Well, then I suppose you're not seeing the main attraction!

But seriously, the studio version of "Sweating Bullets" is painful. Lyrics like "Hello me, meet the real me" and "Hello me, it's me again" are just strange.

pze no start flame war!

*cue flames anyway*

omg originality... and it's friggin awesome too.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Vampiro]Suffocation, Cryptopsy, Vader, Decapitated, Cephalic Carnage, and Aborted.

Don't forget Korn, Limp Bizkit and Slipknot!

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Vampiro: Who cares about that ****ty tour when you have one that consists of: Suffocation, Cryptopsy, Vader, Decapitated, Cephalic Carnage, and Aborted.

Seeing that line up got my hopes up so high until I saw that the tour isn't coming anywhere near Texas. I'd jump on the chance to see Suffocation and Vader in concert too. Oh well, I still have the Behemoth/Nile/King Diamond/Black Daliah Murder concert to look forward to on the 18th. Well, I have the Behemoth and Nile part to look forward to and King Diamond/Black Daliah Murder to dread.

Quoting Majesty: Don't forget Korn, Limp Bizkit and Slipknot!

What does that have to do with anything?

And to get on subject, I'm not bothering with the Megadeth/DT tour. I don't like Megadeth and I'm not a big enough fan of Dream Theater to go. Even the second stage bands don't sound too appealing:

Dry Kill Logic - No.
Overkill - Horrible. Their Bloodletting album was silly and just plain *** awful.
Otep - Ugh. When I went to Ozzfest this past Fall I took a walk around the arena because that was more entertaining than these untalented musicians graced with a whiny, untalented singer (how fitting). The crowd enjoyed them apparently, because the area I was at wasn't crowded with people at all.
Symphony X - Don't like them and they're not going anyway.
Diecast - Never heard of them.
Pain of Salvation - They're not bad, I just don't like them.
Taproot - No.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Shin-Ra]What does that have to do with anything?

It might sound like something of a derogatory opinion, but I really can't stand bands with names like "Decapitated" and "Suffocation" and throw them into the same league as the forementioned. Having looked them up, I kinda just confirmed my first impressions. :/

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

it's an all or nothing thing. If you're into growling/rasping to really hard heavy riffs, then they're your thing, if you're not into it, they suck. there's no middle ground, I hate the stuff

Posted by netman

I'd go to Gigantour just to see Pain of Salvation

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Bj Blaskowitz]there's no middle ground

disagree. I listen to Finntroll, Agalloch, Cruachan and Wintersun, and they all have growly/black metal vocals, but I can't stand acts like Rotting Christ or anything grindcore.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Majesty: I listen to Finntroll, Agalloch, Cruachan and Wintersun, and they all have growly/black metal vocals,

He said "hard heavy riffs" in addition to the growling bit. None of the bands you listed are anything near what Vamp listed (and probably what BJ meant) in those aspects and fall into a more melodic category. I agree with what Bj said, actually, though I believe there are exceptions such as more melodic bands that stray away from their genres but retain the original heaviness.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

nordic/polka metal :) are not the same as the bands vamp mentioned at all

Posted by Klarth

Wintersun are definitely not polka metal, sir. :)

I think the thread wandered into the red light district again...

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Majesty: Wintersun are definitely not polka metal, sir. :)

It was an example, don't be dense. Also, Wintersun is not Suffocation or Aborted, sir. :cool: (i r eyeronick)

Yeah, this thread keeps getting wonderfully off topic. Oh well, this is what happens when you make a thread on one of the most popular bands at vgc (or at least the most advertised) and still leave room for arguments and discussion on the most popular genre of music here (once again, most advertised).

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

actually, I was referring to Finntroll. I like Fintroll, but I lovingly refer to it as "polka metal" between myself and my friend Brian

Posted by Shin_Akuma

It seems to me like the only songs people have heard from megadeth are songs from countdown to extinction even though it has aot of great songs its not their best. You guys need to check out Killing Is My Business and Business Is Good, Peace Sells But Whos Buying, So Far So Good So What and Youthanasia. The System has Failed is also a good cd

Posted by Megatron

Symphony X are now on the tour.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Megatron: Symphony X are now on the tour.

We will alert the media

Posted by MetalVox~55

Bumped to say that I have my tickets :)

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

bumped to say that you're awesome for your robe and wizard hat

I'll see them in Atlanta in August

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

I sure would love to see them. I'll have to check the site to find out how close to me they will be when they are in California.

Posted by Gollum

I can't go because I'm away during the Canadian dates, and the New York dates as well.

Hopefully I'll see dt in the new year.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

Hopefully I can get tickets for the Dallas show.

Posted by Hyper

I got my tickets as well, for the Phoenix show on July 23rd. Can't wait.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

Quoting Hyper: I got my tickets as well, for the Phoenix show on July 23rd. Can't wait.

Awesome

Posted by Shin_Akuma

bumped to say that I got tickets for San Atonio \m/

Posted by Megatron

Bumped to say Anthrax takes DT's place on the last 4 dates.

Posted by Gollum

Ouch. That sucks a lot for all the people going to either of the Canadian dates - they won't see Dream Theater at either of them.

How could they change this at the last minute? :\

Posted by Poco

Quoting Hyper: I got my tickets as well, for the Phoenix show on July 23rd. Can't wait.

Are those sold out? please tell me they aren't.

Posted by Hyper

I don't know, I got them the day they came on sale from Cricket Pavilion's site.

Posted by MetalVox~55

I'm going!

Posted by Shin_Akuma

Gigantour has started! I'll post a link for the setlist later. I was a bit dissapointed with the megadeth setlist, no ****ing holy wars...what is this world coming to. Dream Theaters setlist kicked major *** though, almost pure heavy.

Posted by Hyper

[quote=Hyper,MetalHIGH.com]Freaking great. Bobaflex and Dry Kill Logic weren't all that good in my opinion really, but Nevermore was fantastic. After Nevermore, Symphony X came on and rocked the place. They put on an excellent show. Fear Factory was next up... I'm not a fan of them, honestly, so when the power went out for a few minutes in the middle of their show I was pretty happy. It gave my ears time to heal. After they were off, it got windy, and a storm was starting. We could see lightning in the distance and they were thinking about evacuating the facility... Luckily, that didn't happen, and even though it took over an hour, Dream Theater was finally set up and they were stunning. Opened up with The Root of All Evil, then came Honor Thy Father, then Under A Glass Moon, then Fatal Tragedy, then Just Let Me Breathe, then Lie, then Panic Attack, then As I Am. I was standing almost the entire time singing along. My friend, on the other hand, fell asleep on my Gigantour shirt (no, I wasn't wearing it at the time.) Then, to my suprise, I heard the familiar introduction to Pull Me Under, and instantly jumped out of my chair and yelled in joy. What a great encore that was! Afterwards, Megadeth started to set up, but my friend had a headache, so we left early.

:D

Posted by Shin_Akuma

You left before deth got on because your friend had a headache 0_o. I would have told him to suck it in.

Posted by Gollum

f u all. I want to go so badly.

Oh, and I read that Megadeth were going to play Holy Wars as an encore but there was a curfew for the venue. I would be like 3 hours late for the last show with DT (toronto), so I can't go. Sounds fun, though. :)

Posted by Shin_Akuma

ah no wonder, I thought it was odd that they didnt play pretty much their most famous song.

Posted by Gollum

HYPER:

In what order did the bands play? And how long after the show started did DT go on? I'm just wondering because the week-long volleyball camp I'm going to ends on the day that Gigantour is coming to Toronto, and the camp is 3.5 hours away from Toronto. Meaning that since the camp ends at 2, I could be at the concert at around 6, if it was early enough for DT and Megadeth.

By the way, I sent you that track to the email in your profile.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Irrelevant: HYPER:

In what order did the bands play? And how long after the show started did DT go on? I'm just wondering because the week-long volleyball camp I'm going to ends on the day that Gigantour is coming to Toronto, and the camp is 3.5 hours away from Toronto. Meaning that since the camp ends at 2, I could be at the concert at around 6, if it was early enough for DT and Megadeth.

By the way, I sent you that track to the email in your profile.

1. Bobaflex
2. Dry Kill Logic
3. Nevermore
4. Symphony X
5. Fear Factory
6. (Would be Life of Agony, but they didn't play at my show. Same goes with Dilinger Escape plan.)
7. Dream Theater
8. Megadeth

DT started sometime between 8 and 9 PM, show started at 4:30 PM.

Posted by Gollum

Great. You're allowed to come in to the show halfway through, right? I'm mostly interested in DT and Megadeth, so if I got there after camp I'd still be a while ahead of both bands. Did you hear of anything like that?

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Irrelevant: Great. You're allowed to come in to the show halfway through, right? I'm mostly interested in DT and Megadeth, so if I got there after camp I'd still be a while ahead of both bands. Did you hear of anything like that?

Yeah, I'm sure you can still come in after the gates open.

Posted by MetalVox~55

I'm still waiting for August 12th.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Just saw them in Atlanta. How did bobaflex get on the tour?!? HOly balls, they sucked. Anyways, I came in late, and Nevermore was surprisingly meh, fear factory was good, symphony x didn't show (****ers, that's the 2nd time they've skipped out when I went to see them. I seriously think they're lower than **** now), dream theater was bloody amazing, and megadeth was good, but I was tired from jet lag and screaming for DT. I still don't like DT 1/2 as much as you guys do, but I take back anything I ever said about Petrucci and I will say that they put on an amazing show.

Posted by MetalVox~55

I'm going to chicago today to see Gigantour. :)

Posted by Shin_Akuma

cool, tell me how it went when you get back.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Holy ****, saw Gigantour. I'll edit/double post the details in later. All I gotta say is "Wow"